Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say this as matter of fact…..take Watson off OB’s Texans (2017-current) and OB and Texans never even sniff the playoffs. This statement has nothing to do with his personal life, just the reality of what transpired on the field of play.

I’ll give him that much, but I still think he was not a good HC. Average at best. Anyway, I hope we can trade Derapist soon. If not, I hope the serial predator is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!
Yep.. just after he is indicted. What's up with that again?

I will say this as matter of fact…..take Watson off OB’s Texans (2017-current) and OB and Texans never even sniff the playoffs. This statement has nothing to do with his personal life, just the reality of what transpired on the field of play.
Brock Osweiler started a play off game for O'Brien. Heck, I remember in December Fitzpatrick was finally going to play in the playoffs. Didn't happen, but it was close.

Brock Osweiler started a play off game for O'Brien. Heck, I remember in December Fitzpatrick was finally going to play in the playoffs. Didn't happen, but it was close.

Each year OB was with the team….it was like watching him slowly peel away the good layers of an onion only to realize the core was rotten.

Last edited:
Yet he took his teams as far as any HC in franchise history.

Not saying he shouldn't have been fired.
Because Rick Smith built a really good roster over the course of his 11 years as GM?
It’s a shame OB’s coaching staff failed so many promising OL, wasted so many picks on gadget receivers, RAC couldn’t coach up a cornerback etc….because the talent was there.

Because Rick Smith built a really good roster over the course of his 11 years as GM?
It’s a shame OB’s coaching staff failed so many promising OL, wasted so many picks on gadget receivers, RAC couldn’t coach up a cornerback etc….because the talent was there.

I totally disagree about the talent being there. There were some star players and no depth.

RS is the main reason the Texans are where they are today. ( Drafting a bunch of Clemson trash) There's a reason RS can't get another job in the NFL.

He did it during a period where the AFC South was the worst conference in the league. His record against . 500 or better teams was dismal.

What's your point? I'm more of a bottom line guy and fact is no HC has been successful since the franchises inception.

What's your point? I'm more of a bottom line guy and fact is no HC has been successful since the franchises inception.
He did it during a period where the AFC South was the worst conference in the league and his record against . 500 or better teams was dismal are my points. I'm a bottom line guy too and the bottom line is his record was during a time when the AFC South was the weakest conference in the NFL. Which inflated W - L record. Much akin to Texas playing Rice every 3rd week.

Last edited:
Let’s cut to the chase here: Unless, in the next few weeks, Watson settles with the women who have accused him, in varying degrees, of sexual assault, he isn’t playing at all this entire season. And maybe not even if he does settle.

And he’s not going to be traded either.

The idea that Watson’s status for the 2021 season is some up-in-the-air mystery is nonsensical. He’s facing 22 civil lawsuits. The depositions for those lawsuits will take place next month. Watson himself cannot be deposed until February. Even if the NFL were to complete its own investigation in the next few weeks, and find Watson completely innocent, the civil cases — unless settled — will not be tried until well after this NFL season.

Is the NFL going to try to usurp the actual justice system?

Roger Goodell has not yet taken the step of putting Watson on the commissioner's exempt list, which would prevent him from playing, if only because Goodell hasn’t had to. If the Texans were to try to put Watson on the field this preseason, then Goodell would be forced to make a decision. But again, his hand hasn’t yet been forced.

If and when it is, there’s no way Goodell is allowing Watson near an NFL field. The backlash would be too strong, the benefit negligible. That means all this talk about a trade market for Watson — even at a steep discount — is just talk.

What’s going to change between then & now? The NFL said they have no reason to put him on the CEL.
IMO, the only reason Watson is not on the CEL is because the Texans are letting Goodell off the hook by listing him as fourth on the depth chart and don't intend to play him. If he were still the starter, there is no way Goodell would let him start the season. Placing Watson on the CEL is the best thing that can happen for the Texans right now (other than a great trade offer).

I think its more a sign of how tbings are going behind the scenes. Why be snippy in the public eye if you're walkin on sunshine?

All I can say is, I hope justice is served.

I don't like the guy but Id never hope an innocent mans life is ruined just cause I don't like him.

I believe him guilty but I dont have all the facts... and dont see him going anywhere anytime soon....but the sooner he is placed on a bench somewhere wasting his career in protest or is traded for good value the better, good riddance.

He's a narcissist.

In addition to being a sexual predator.
How I read this, incorporating CND’s info, is that Watson sees this case as done and dusted, Hardin is telling him he can settle as soon as he’s ready, Malguetta is telling him not to settle until the Texans accept Miami’s offer and he’ll go off and it will be forgotten about, and his career will be on an upward trajectory.

I don’t necessarily see it playing out like that, but I think Watson expects it to.

How I read this, incorporating CND’s info, is that Watson sees this case as done and dusted, Hardin is telling him he can settle as soon as he’s ready, Malguetta is telling him not to settle until the Texans accept Miami’s offer and he’ll go off and it will be forgotten about, and his career will be on an upward trajectory.

I don’t necessarily see it playing out like that, but I think Watson expects it to.

If this is the case then this POS is really dumb. If a grand jury indicts him it won't matter if he paid off the civil suits.

If this is the case then this POS is really dumb. If a grand jury indicts him it won't matter if he paid off the civil suits.
Besides being a fan of Perry Mason and Law and Order, I'm not qualified to speak on legal issues. However, doesn't a grand jury indictment mean there is "probable" cause to proceed with a criminal case? Wasn't Ray Rice indicted and his fiancée refused to testify and no criminal case? How about Greg Hardy's getting charges dismissed because his girlfriend did not show up for court?

If Watson settles the civil cases, in Texas, can his accusers refuse to testify in any criminal proceedings? Is that Hardin's strategy? Can a real lawyer answer these questions?

IMO, the only reason Watson is not on the CEL is because the Texans are letting Goodell off the hook by listing him as fourth on the depth chart and don't intend to play him. If he were still the starter, there is no way Goodell would let him start the season. Placing Watson on the CEL is the best thing that can happen for the Texans right now (other than a great trade offer).
You dont know that

I think all parties know the situation, and that situation being that Watson is not playing another down for the Texans. So there’s really no reason for the CEL right now.

Now, what happens come week 1 where Watson would be taking up a valuable roster spot, that’s when you’re likely to see the CEL come into play ..... you would think. I really don’t know how that ends up playing out if Watson keeps showing up.

This is the second stupidest thread on this or any other message board.
Aww come on, there is an awful lot of stupid out there... and an awful lot of political forums...... surely the internet can out do this as the second dumbest....

I believe in never underestimating the capabilities of stupid when you put a keyboard or phone at the finger tips of a vast majority of humanity.

Be a glass half full kinda person, it can always get dumber.

Aww come on, there is an awful lot of stupid out there... and an awful lot of political forums...... surely the internet can out do this as the second dumbest....

I believe in never underestimating the capabilities of stupid when you put a keyboard or phone at the finger tips of a vast majority of humanity.

Be a glass half full kinda person, it can always get dumber.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. - George Carlin
How scary is the thought of that?

Last edited:
Besides being a fan of Perry Mason and Law and Order, I'm not qualified to speak on legal issues. However, doesn't a grand jury indictment mean there is "probable" cause to proceed with a criminal case? Wasn't Ray Rice indicted and his fiancée refused to testify and no criminal case? How about Greg Hardy's getting charges dismissed because his girlfriend did not show up for court?

If Watson settles the civil cases, in Texas, can his accusers refuse to testify in any criminal proceedings? Is that Hardin's strategy? Can a real lawyer answer these questions?

They can refuse to show up / testify but the DA can then issue a subpoena compelling their presence and testimony. If they refuse at that point they can be held in contempt of court and the judge can exact penalties which include fines and jail time.

If I was one of those women and that were the course the DA took , I wouldn't be willing to sit in jail for him , I'd show up and testify even if we had reached a settlement.

An NDA doesn't stop testimony either ....

I think all parties know the situation, and that situation being that Watson is not playing another down for the Texans. So there’s really no reason for the CEL right now.

Now, what happens come week 1 where Watson would be taking up a valuable roster spot, that’s when you’re likely to see the CEL come into play ..... you would think. I really don’t know how that ends up playing out if Watson keeps showing up.

The feeling I get is that there's a need to put him on the CEL ,once the indictment comes down he'll be suspended until further notice. Problem Solved.

I heard McClain say something recently that actually made sense. His point was Watson showed up to camp to avoid getting fined. However, he's not surprised that he is not immediately on the CEL. Base salaries don't kick in until the season starts and that's when he would expect Watson to go on the CEL. Week 1.

If he is correct about the base salary, when you combine it with your roster comments, it makes sense that Watson would be on the CEL week one.

The feeling I get is that there's a need to put him on the CEL ,once the indictment comes down he'll be suspended until further notice. Problem Solved.
Are you saying if an indictment comes down he'll be suspended or placed on the CEL? I'm not sure on this but wouldn't a suspension = no pay while the CEL = full pay. If no indictment by Week 1, do you feel he'll be placed on the CEL?

I heard McClain say something recently that actually made sense. His point was Watson showed up to camp to avoid getting fined. However, he's not surprised that he is not immediately on the CEL. Base salaries don't kick in until the season starts and that's when he would expect Watson to go on the CEL. Week 1.
If he is correct about the base salary, when you combine it with your roster comments, it makes sense that Watson would be on the CEL week one.
Wonder how the Texans (Mama and Cal) would feel about having to pay DW4 while he is on the CEL if his proceedings last the entire season.

Wonder how the Texans (Mama and Cal) would feel about having to pay DW4 while he is on the CEL if his proceedings last the entire season.
They'll probably realize they are still billionaires, then continue to do what billionaires do. Which in Kyle's case would be sitting on his office floor playing video games.

no different if he was hurt in the preseason and was out for the year. At least they can laugh at the karma.

Are you saying if an indictment comes down he'll be suspended or placed on the CEL? I'm not sure on this but wouldn't a suspension = no pay while the CEL = full pay. If no indictment by Week 1, do you feel he'll be placed on the CEL?

IF he gets indicted , you have to believe they have to do one or the other - CEL / suspension. The difference being that CEL he gets paid.
The league can't continue this if he's under indictment for multiple sex crimes.

As for Goodell putting him on the CEL prior to an indictment , there's really no pressure to do so because he isn't playing , if the Texans forced the issue by making him play , that could change things. Problem is , the team doing that would just make an already ugly situation worse.

The team doesn't foot the bill for players on the CEL , that responsibility falls on the league and Watson's current year contract would come off of next years salary cap much like cap roll over (for the amount of games he spent on the CEL).

...The team doesn't foot the bill for players on the CEL , that responsibility falls on the league and Watson's current year contract would come off of next years salary cap much like cap roll over (for the amount of games he spent on the CEL).
Wow. This is the first I've heard about this. The team doesn't pay the player's salary who is on CEL! Am I understanding this correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back