Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of days ago you claimed the Texans lost a draft pick because they got busted for tampering, now you say Watson hasn't won a playoff game. That must be some pretty strong sauce.

Meant "meaningful playoff game" such as the KC game. Should have worded that better

? How do you know that we apparently not going to do anything? Just because the Texans are not putting their business out to John McClain does not mean that they are not waiting for the right deal at the right time. I for one don't want to know what's going on behind closed doors on everything.

I personally don't. But DOC has inside info and said that he is still trying to get to Miami. Plus, if they are fully looked for 2+ 1rd picks and starter caliber player/s in a deal...do you really see anyone giving that up? You do that and then he goes to jail. You just lost your QB, picks you could use on a QB and a good player or two. Setting your team back. On top of that it seems that he can't be traded until after the legal stuff is done. Meaning any good offers would be on hold pending the outcome of this drama.

What differentiates a meaningful playoff game from a meaningless playoff game?

A meaningful game sends you to a title game or SB. A meaningless is a game you should win (Bengals). He is under .500 in the playoffs. FO staff look at that. After all, Roger's, Brady, Ben (to name 3) put teams on their backs and win games. Watson...not so much in the big games.

Miami's potential offerings (if the Texans would even accept Howard as part of a trade) just shrunk more.

Xavien Howard, Dolphins agree on restructured contract

Posted by Josh Alper on August 8, 2021, 9:45 AM EDT

The Dolphins didn’t want to trade cornerback Xavien Howard and they won’t have to trade him.

Howard requested a trade when he reported to training camp because the team had rebuffed efforts to revise his contract. Howard indicated last Sunday that he was still open to resolving things with the team and the two sides have come to an agreement.

According to multiple reports, Howard and the Dolphins agreed to a restructured contract. Howard’s agent David Canter posted a tweet thanking the Dolphins for “doing something unexpected and difficult” with “absolute class and professionalism.”

The new deal bumps his guaranteed compensation in 2021 from $12.075 million to over $12.785 million and adds incentives that could push his payout to more than $16.285 million.

Howard’s 2022 compensation of $12.975 million has also been guaranteed against injury and will become fully guaranteed on the first day of the next league year. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have also given Howard assurances that they’ll revisit the deal early in 2022 to bring it in line with the market should Howard be both healthy and productive this season.

Howard’s been out of practice for most of camp with an ankle injury. We’ll likely find out soon if the contractual change gets him back up and running.

Miami's potential offerings (if the Texans would even accept Howard as part of a trade) just shrunk more.

Xavien Howard, Dolphins agree on restructured contract

Posted by Josh Alper on August 8, 2021, 9:45 AM EDT

The Dolphins didn’t want to trade cornerback Xavien Howard and they won’t have to trade him.

Howard requested a trade when he reported to training camp because the team had rebuffed efforts to revise his contract. Howard indicated last Sunday that he was still open to resolving things with the team and the two sides have come to an agreement.

According to multiple reports, Howard and the Dolphins agreed to a restructured contract. Howard’s agent David Canter posted a tweet thanking the Dolphins for “doing something unexpected and difficult” with “absolute class and professionalism.”

The new deal bumps his guaranteed compensation in 2021 from $12.075 million to over $12.785 million and adds incentives that could push his payout to more than $16.285 million.

Howard’s 2022 compensation of $12.975 million has also been guaranteed against injury and will become fully guaranteed on the first day of the next league year. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have also given Howard assurances that they’ll revisit the deal early in 2022 to bring it in line with the market should Howard be both healthy and productive this season.

Howard’s been out of practice for most of camp with an ankle injury. We’ll likely find out soon if the contractual change gets him back up and running.
Is BoB advising them on how to negotiate contracts now?

My response was addressed to Snake-Eyes post that said that Texans are doing nothing in regards to trading DW. We cannot know that. He also said W had not won a PO game which was addressed by another poster.

There have been "announcements " from insiders that various teams were/are putting together trade packages. We don't know what or if anyone has made offer that Caserio is sitting on.

I like that Caserio is keeping all to his chest and saying DW not for trade. That worked for Miami who just brought Howard back into fold.

Is BoB advising them on how to negotiate contracts now?
? That is a very good compromise on Miami's part. A $700k increase this season with incentives to boost to 16 mill only helps team not hurt it. His 2023 now GTD which again not a problem. Years after will be addressed later. These are things I would have offered X if he came here.

I personally don't. But DOC has inside info and said that he is still trying to get to Miami. Plus, if they are fully looked for 2+ 1rd picks and starter caliber player/s in a deal...do you really see anyone giving that up? You do that and then he goes to jail. You just lost your QB, picks you could use on a QB and a good player or two. Setting your team back. On top of that it seems that he can't be traded until after the legal stuff is done. Meaning any good offers would be on hold pending the outcome of this drama.
Except for covid and medical info way above my head I pretty much read every word that CnnnD writes. I do not recall him saying that offers were or were not received. Not sure if his or anyone else's sources go directly into Caserio's office. Doc has never claimed that IIRC. His info is valued but neither he nor Corrosion have said info they share is 100 percent.

Doc did say W still trying to get to Miami which I agree with. Still that does not mean that Philly or any other team has not made an offer to Nick. We just don't know.

Yes I do believe and have posted more than once that other teams are willing to offer at least two round one picks.

[Legal minds] here have said that at earliest Criminal trial cannot begin until 2023. Is it a risk that teams would trade now and play Watson for two seasons and then lose him to incarceration? Of course. Do I believe that teams would take that risk? of course.

Per CBA it seems Watson can be traded...will he remains to be seen.
What does seem to be the case is people keep making empirical statements and then as time goes by those statements become less than accurate and the verbal scurrying about what they actually meant occurs.

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have also given Howard assurances that they’ll revisit the deal early in 2022 to bring it in line with the market should Howard be both healthy and productive this season.
This part could lead to both parties being right back in the same point of contention next year.

Except for covid and medical info way above my head I pretty much read every word that CnnnD writes. I do not recall him saying that offers were or were not received. Not sure if his or anyone else's sources go directly into Caserio's office. Doc has never claimed that IIRC. His info is valued but neither he nor Corrosion have said info they share is 100 percent.

Doc did say W still trying to get to Miami which I agree with. Still that does not mean that Philly or any other team has not made an offer to Nick. We just don't know.

Yes I do believe and have posted more than once that other teams are willing to offer at least two round one picks.

[Legal minds] here have said that at earliest Criminal trial cannot begin until 2023. Is it a risk that teams would trade now and play Watson for two seasons and then lose him to incarceration? Of course. Do I believe that teams would take that risk? of course.

What does seem to be the case is people keep making empirical statements and then as time goes by those statements become less than accurate and the verbal scurrying about what they actually meant occurs.

no chance in hell anyone would trade a single first if they suspected he could be indicted. That is how GM’s get fired. So either they are getting back channel feedback that is extremely unlikely or nobody is making a serious offer right now because of that possibility.

According to official reports Miami and Philly are both calling. Apparently each one has called every week or so. They are trying to get the Texans to lower their price. If they do, a deal could be made pending any legal issues with the NFL and/or HPD. So, unless either one of the 3 teams reach an agreement (Houston and Philly or Houston and Miami) he won't be going anywhere. Houston would have to lower the price or either of the others would have to up their offers.

Sadly, before anything happens it will likely be in court. And then the offers will be dependent on what the verdict/s are (civil and criminal). I don’t think anyone is going to be traded for 3 1sts or even 2 if he is charged. Making the ball firmly in the hands of the 2 teams with interest

no chance in hell anyone would trade a single first if they suspected he could be indicted. That is how GM’s get fired. So either they are getting back channel feedback that is extremely unlikely or nobody is making a serious offer right now because of that possibility.
you evidently are one of the ones I'm talking about making claims as if they were true. You have no idea what another team would do. Your view is what you would do if you were the GM or what you think a GM should do and what would happen to him. It has already been posted in this message board that other teams have made high-risk decisions on players with criminal charges. Perhaps you should catch up?

An indictment does not always lead to a guilty verdict as I'm sure you know and also as you know there has been no indictment.

According to official reports Miami and Philly are both calling. Apparently each one has called every week or so. They are trying to get the Texans to lower their price. If they do, a deal could be made pending any legal issues with the NFL and/or HPD. So, unless either one of the 3 teams reach an agreement (Houston and Philly or Houston and Miami) he won't be going anywhere. Houston would have to lower the price or either of the others would have to up their offers.

Sadly, before anything happens it will likely be in court. And then the offers will be dependent on what the verdict/s are (civil and criminal). I don’t think anyone is going to be traded for 3 1sts or even 2 if he is charged. Making the ball firmly in the hands of the 2 teams with interest
I thought you said that Watson value was a half a can of Coke and a bag of snack Ruffles? Now you're saying two teams are calling weekly?

I thought you said that Watson value was a half a can of Coke and a bag of snack Ruffles? Now you're saying two teams are calling weekly?

Yeah, but maybe they're just bidding a quarter can of Coke and half a bag of Ruffles just to start the negotiations, hoping the Texans will lower their hopes.

Do we know what value they're offering?

I guess one thing most everyone knows…..Hurts and Tua aren’t exactly giving their teams the warm and fuzzies to this point in camp.

The Eagles have the draft assets to make a deal but then again they’re not exactly playing for much this season other than draft position. Eagles owner Lurie, is a really competitive owner and getting Watson “now” isn’t exactly out of the realm. The Eagles would be a better team with Watson versus without him. Secondly, the Eagles could keep Hurts as Watson’s backup and if at some point Watson does go to jail or is suspended, the Eagles would have a competent QB2. For me, the Eagles could keep Hurts and send the requisite picks to the Texans for Watson.

The Dolphins are a different matter all together simply b/c they are in their “win now” mode and Tua isn’t delivering. Dolphins also secured Howard for the foreseeable future to ensure their defense stays intact. Texans would be in the same position to handle a trade in the same manner as a potential Eagles trade would be handled. Do not ask for Tua in a trade as part of the insurance package for the Dolphins in the event Watson is suspended or found guilty. Stick with a package of picks.

The Texans and Caserio are doing a good job in having the media chase their tails as far as their position goes in moving Watson. 2 weeks ago….Texans announce they’re entertaining the trading of Watson. This past week…..Caserio and Texans aren’t taking calls regarding the trading of Watson. Maybe this week…..Caserio and the Texans announce they have a trade in place to finally move Watson to a new organization.

No GM is going to trade for him until his legal issues are sorted out. The way it looks the Texans probably told him not to come to the facility until they have a deal and they are just telling the media he didn't come to practice for whatever reason depending on the day.

The Texans and Caserio are doing a good job in having the media chase their tails as far as their position goes in moving Watson. 2 weeks ago….Texans announce they’re entertaining the trading of Watson. This past week…..Caserio and Texans aren’t taking calls regarding the trading of Watson. Maybe this week…..Caserio and the Texans announce they have a trade in place to finally move Watson to a new organization.

That's simply not factual.

No where and at no time did you hear Caserio or anyone else who works for the Texans say there is any movement in trading Watson.

The only people you have heard this from are media talking heads who know no more than you .... they are just throwing their best guesses at the wall hoping that one sticks and that they are credited with breaking the story somehow making them "relevant".

The bottom line is that while Caserio would love to rid himself of his headache , circumstances just don't allow for that happening right now because of the pending criminal suits.
Once that hurdle is crossed , he can start taking calls and talking about potential compensation.
There's not a GM in the league that's going to give anything close to fair value until the criminal cases are in the rear view mirror and the Texans aren't interested in 3 cents on the dollar.

They (the Texans) are also not interested in talking about the situation at all as its a complete embarrassment and .... there is no solution to be had.

Turns out that the second of two post season meetings Cal had with Watson which included Mulughetta that I first mentioned back on January 16 of 2021 did have to do with these legal issues & the subsequent "Loyalty" tweet by Watson was a result of Cal telling him he cannot back him because of the nature his "problem" and that's the beginning of I'm not playing for the Texans.

The first of those two meetings was on the path of the team , the second meeting the legal issues Watson knew were coming.

That's simply not factual.

No where and at no time did you hear Caserio or anyone else who works for the Texans say there is any movement in trading Watson.

The only people you have heard this from are media talking heads who know no more than you .... they are just throwing their best guesses at the wall hoping that one sticks and that they are credited with breaking the story somehow making them "relevant".

The bottom line is that while Caserio would love to rid himself of his headache , circumstances just don't allow for that happening right now because of the pending criminal suits.
Once that hurdle is crossed , he can start taking calls and talking about potential compensation.
There's not a GM in the league that's going to give anything close to fair value until the criminal cases are in the rear view mirror and the Texans aren't interested in 3 cents on the dollar.

They (the Texans) are also not interested in talking about the situation at all as its a complete embarrassment and .... there is no solution to be had.

Turns out that the second of two post season meetings Cal had with Watson which included Mulughetta that I first mentioned back on January 16 of 2021 did have to do with these legal issues & the subsequent "Loyalty" tweet by Watson was a result of Cal telling him he cannot back him because of the nature his "problem" and that's the beginning of I'm not playing for the Texans.

The first of those two meetings was on the path of the team , the second meeting the legal issues Watson knew were coming.

Thats why they may call, but nothing is happening.

Why are the Texans entertaining any of it? Why not just get him off the roster or reconcile. The team isn't going to get full value with this situation. Its not going to happen. They didn't have a plan as usual. They were, like most on this board was waiting on the CEL and it hasn't happened. So the backup plan was what? Nothing.

Their plan and the NFL's plan is to let the judicial system run it's course and then react accordingly.

Yeah, but maybe they're just bidding a quarter can of Coke and half a bag of Ruffles just to start the negotiations, hoping the Texans will lower their hopes.

Do we know what value they're offering?
Allegedly two teams calling weekly I would think that each would increase their offer rather than staying at the same that is denied or ignored by the Houston Texans. Certainly teams want to get something for nothing but we're talkin about a top 3 to 5 NFL starting quarterback.

No trade value?

No GM is going to trade for him until his legal issues are sorted out. The way it looks the Texans probably told him not to come to the facility until they have a deal and they are just telling the media he didn't come to practice for whatever reason depending on the day.
He reported back to training camp today.

Thats why they may call, but nothing is happening.
Not to argue but why would they continue to call? Texans have to know that several teams would be interested in Watson if he is legally cleared or case is resolved. So again why continue to call?

If Watson starts game one of the season for the Texans, heads will explode. I don’t think it’s going to happen, though. I believe he’ll be put on the CEL and not be traded before then.

They are, they dont have a choice.

Are you saying posters shouldn't be able to express their opinions on what this POS is accused of doing?
You keep saying same thing repeatedly despite me saying exactly what my position is. Of course people can say what their opinion is. What I call them on is when those opinions are stated as facts.
W is going to be indicted, going to prison, never be traded, is guilty. No team wants him for face of a team. Etc

If Watson starts game one of the season for the Texans, heads will explode. I don’t think it’s going to happen, though. I believe he’ll be put on the CEL and not be traded before then.
Yep but didn't you say if he reported Goodell would immediately put him on CEL? What happened?

You keep saying same thing repeatedly despite me saying exactly what my position is. Of course people can say what their opinion is. What I call them on is when those opinions are stated as facts.
W is going to be indicted, going to prison, never be traded, is guilty. No team wants him for face of a team. Etc

Who has stated this as fact?

Some posters with inside knowledge from the Texans and the HPD/Harris County judicial system have given what they've thought the timeline would be judging be their experiences. If they were wrong you can bet politics are involved.

Here's an opinion, due to the court docket this POS trial wont happen until lat 2022 at the earliest. There's no GM that will be willing to gamble his job on the outcome of the trial.

Who has stated this as fact?

Some posters with inside knowledge from the Texans and the HPD/Harris County judicial system have given what they've thought the timeline would be judging be their experiences. If they were wrong you can bet politics are involved.

Here's an opinion, due to the court docket this POS trial wont happen until lat 2022 at the earliest. There's no GM that will be willing to gamble his job on the outcome of the trial.
I think the betting would be that the trial would not be until 2023 and the team could get two seasons out of Watson.

I wouldn't say that is his reasoning, but yes, if that's how you want to put it. The commish works for the owners and this precedence is for the good of owners in general, not just the Texans. But this whole situation is a "first" so yes it can be slanted as a "solid" for the Texans.
So it's more an "educated" guess? Like the "educated" guess Watson would be put on the CEL if he shows up to camp?

So it's more an "educated" guess? Like the "educated" guess Watson would be put on the CEL if he shows up to camp?
More of an wild guess because no one knows exactly what’s really going on. What I will say is the do Texans know something, that’s probably the reason why Watson isn’t really practicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back