Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodell did the Texans a favor by not putting him on the CEL forcing him to show up.

Backup plan ?

They can't trade him. No team is going to give you remotely close to fair value , hell you probably don't get 1/3rd value right now.

You cut him you pay him the $111m in guaranteed money in the extension .... which hits your cap .... immediately.

He won't reconcile.

What are your options ?

Hurry up and wait.
Which is why whats best for the team isn't best for the team. Cal and Caserio should have a meeting with Watson, find out the issue and go from there. You either play him or trade him. If he turns down the opportunity to not play, he can be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. They can then stop payment and put the absolute pressure on Watson.

Which is why whats best for the team isn't best for the team. Cal and Caserio should have a meeting with Watson, find out the issue and go from there. You either play him or trade him. If he turns down the opportunity to not play, he can be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. They can then stop payment and put the absolute pressure on Watson.
No need to have a meeting as they know his problem is with Cal and Easterby. But as you mention, force him to play and if he refuses then you suspend him. 2 obstacles on forcing him to play are: will Mama McNair be ok with DW playing QB in his current state with the accusations and now the Texans have annouced this timely injury.

I find it hard to believe that they haven't tried to reconcile or find some common ground. When Caserio and Culley were first hired, before all the legal stuff came up on Watson, I remember reports that DW and Culley spoke on the phone and Watson made it clear to him he's not playing here again. I've also heard multiple times that he refused to take Caserio's calls. I don't think working things out is on the table at this point, and it's definitely not Caserio's or Culley's fault. Cal and Easterby is a different story, but I imagine DW is even less interested in talking to them.

I remember reports that DW and Culley spoke on the phone and Watson made it clear to him he's not playing here again.

That was a face to face.

I don't think working things out is on the table at this point, and it's definitely not Caserio's or Culley's fault.

It's really not about fault. But that's what Caserio was hired for. To be that disconnect between the owner & the player.

I'm not saying there's anything NC can do beyond telling DW things will be different from now on. As far as Watson is concerned Kyle McNair doesn't exist. The buck stops with Nick.

I can see how that would upset DW even more, but that's the way it is.

If DW can't deal with that, & work with that... then it's time to move on.

I find it hard to believe that they haven't tried to reconcile or find some common ground. When Caserio and Culley were first hired, before all the legal stuff came up on Watson, I remember reports that DW and Culley spoke on the phone and Watson made it clear to him he's not playing here again. I've also heard multiple times that he refused to take Caserio's calls. I don't think working things out is on the table at this point, and it's definitely not Caserio's or Culley's fault. Cal and Easterby is a different story, but I imagine DW is even less interested in talking to them.

I also imagine Cal's even less interested in discussing things with this POS.

Yes there’s more to the story. He just used this event as an excuse because he knew what was coming. What sent him over the top was Easterby meddling in his personal life.

If you were doing the things this POS was doing would you want anybody meddling in your personal life?

There is more to the story.

Around the same time Caserio was hired Watson’s marketing agent was informed by Buzbee of a possible settlement. All at middle to early January.

Yes, his marketing firm:
1- Warned him it was not a smart move to be on Instagram looking for hookups. Watson ignored them and was right back at it pretty much the same day.

2- When Buzzbee contacted Watson about a settlement (which could have prevented this whole thing) Watson declined.

3- Watson was warned he should pay even if he was innocent. To keep them from destroying his reputation. Watson ignored them.

4- Watson was strongly warned against his Instagram habit. Once again he ignored his own marketing firm.

So, seems Watson was more interested in what he was doing than doing the right thing. Which, had he paid the first time he was offered the deal could have halted the situation in it's tracks. We will never know if that would have been the case. I posted an article on this forum that lists the exact time line with his firms lawyers warning him and him doing the opposite.

Just saw this. Not sure if there is any truth to the rumor or if the Eagles and Texans are really talking. A perfect smoke screen if they are. Deny any truth. Anyone have any information besides this?

Nothing happening there, same standoff. CAR and PHI checked in with us a couple of weeks ago.

Watson thought showing up would force Texans to trade him to Dolphins for their lowball offer, a coordinated effort between him and MIA. Watson hasn't/won’t approve another team yet. Trying to not settle before a trade.

Nothing happening there, same standoff. CAR and PHI checked in with us a couple of weeks ago.

Watson thought showing up would force Texans to trade him to Dolphins for their lowball offer, a coordinated effort between him and MIA. Watson hasn't/won’t approve another team yet. Trying to not settle before a trade.
So a settlement and trade at least in DWs mind in the near rather than after 2021?

So a settlement and trade at least in DWs mind in the near rather than after 2021?
I'm not sure you understand my post.............it has nothing to do with when or if a settlement or trade occurs. I certainly have no idea, nor do I care, what is going on in Watson's pea brain. 1628190511039.png This is all about Watson and Miami. As long as a settlement does not occur, Watson's value is/remains depressed...........a decrease in value is exactly what Watson and Miami want because Watson only wants to be traded to Miami which no longer has enough significant assets to offer the Texans.

I'm not sure you understand my post.............it has nothing to do with when or if a settlement or trade occurs. I certainly have no idea, nor do I care, what is going on in Watson's pea brain. View attachment 8893 This is all about Watson and Miami. As long as a settlement does not occur, Watson's value is/remains depressed...........a decrease in value is exactly what Watson and Miami want because Watson only wants to be traded to Miami which no longer has enough significant assets to offer the Texans.
You said that Watson was trying not to settle before a trade and that led to my reply.

I think the only reason he wanted out of Houston was because he knew his activities were fixin' to bite him in the ass...he wanted to put as much distance between himself and these girls as he could. JMO
I'm thinking he told the Texans what he was dealing with & Kyle kept saying, "You dumb MFer..."

& Watson took it personal.

Lovely, he is still holding hands with Miami.

Don't shoot the messenger

Its almost funny to me how these guys change the story every week just to have something , anything to report.

Last week no teams were making inquiries

This week the Texans aren't taking calls ....

Ain't no calls being made for the Texans to not answer , no GM will trade a 3th round pick much less multiple #1's for the clown without the criminal cases being sorted out .... as one NFL GM said "That would be suicidal"

That's not shooting the messenger , that's shooting Glazer.

The Earth is flat.
Burdick-Flat-Earth-Conf.jpg

Watson's trade value is less than a snack size bag of Ruffles and 1/2 a can of Coke. As apparently we are not going to do anything with the offer/s we have. I would trade him for a few 2nd and 3rds. And seeing he has not won a playoff game... seems about right for him right now.

Watson's trade value is less than a snack size bag of Ruffles and 1/2 a can of Coke. As apparently we are not going to do anything with the offer/s we have. I would trade him for a few 2nd and 3rds. And seeing he has not won a playoff game... seems about right for him right now.
? How do you know that we apparently not going to do anything? Just because the Texans are not putting their business out to John McClain does not mean that they are not waiting for the right deal at the right time. I for one don't want to know what's going on behind closed doors on everything.

? How do you know that we apparently not going to do anything? Just because the Texans are not putting their business out to John McClain does not mean that they are not waiting for the right deal at the right time. I for one don't want to know what's going on behind closed doors on everything.

I dont know anything for sure. But people with inside knowledge have said the POS is untradable at this moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back