Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please name one person on this forum who you're referring to. A quoted message would be nice, too.

Off of the top of my head,

Some guy named CBS something or other.

A time to chill

Amazing 80 if he's found not guilty, there are other Clemson trash guys that are no longer here.

You can take time to look it up if it's important to you.

If he beats the rap do you want a Sexual Predator representing the team you root for? I don't.

Last edited:
Off of the top of my head,

Some guy named CBS something or other.

A time to chill

Amazing 80 if he's found not guilty, there are other Clemson trash guys that are no longer here.

You can take time to look it up if it's important to you.

If he beats the rap do you want a Sexual Predator representing the team you root for? I don't.

If he beats the rap how can you still claim he is a sexual predator?

When the media can't get inside information, they make some up.
I haven’t seen anything else about this. I think this is made up. How many people live with and say they support their spouse while they are having an affair? Couldn’t Flores say what he’s saying about Tua while having an “affair” with DW? Tua wouldn’t know.

Jalen Ramsey got everything he wanted by faking an injury.

He got traded off a highly dysfunctional team. He got a new big contract. He won a Super Bowl.

His agent is David Mlegheta
True, but Texans should still try to make him play if they can't trade him during the offseason. If Watson wants to fake an injury and further tank his trade value that's on him. I just think it would be prudent for Texans to showcase him to entice other teams into trading for him. Getting multiple picks for Watson in a trade is crucial to the rebuild.

I just think it would be prudent for Texans to showcase him to entice other teams into trading for him.
If I thought like you & that Watson would see & act in his benefit I would.

But because of the way he acted last season, including training camp & how he's acted since, no way am I going to believe he'll act in his best interest.

As a fan, we need to hear that the Texans "forced" him to play & let Watson's actions from then inform our opinions. But the reality is they had him in camp, they had conversations with him & their actions have been shaped by those conversations.

Because we aren't privy to those conversations it's difficult for us to understand why they do what they do.

Would be nice if we held Watson to the same standard. If he put out a vague tweet that he's ready to forgive & forget, maybe I'd change my mind

I just think it would be prudent for Texans to showcase him to entice other teams into trading for him. Getting multiple picks for Watson in a trade is crucial to the rebuild.
There's plenty of tape on Watson. Only negative things (injury, poor play, locker room incident) could happen if he returns. The only way Watson's value could get higher if he were to be exonerated of the accusations.

There's plenty of stuff you can fake that won't show up in a test. Dude can just say he's got a bad back/knee soreness or hell.. just say he's suffering from migraines which caused Percy Harvin to retire.

Hell the Jags went through this with Jalen Ramsey..

Tell him to suck it up and play, don't be a p***y.

Many injuries such as back injuries are faked all the time. Insurance companies have all sorts of problems with injury faking. Physicians can many times suspect the faking, but in many cases it is very difficult to prove a negative. For instance, how can you reliably prove someone is not having pain.
Football players play with pain. This really isn't worth discussing. I really wouldn't want players like that on the team. The discussion is really about getting rid of a low life as quickly as possible. If Watson won't play, if the owners don't want him on the team, if he can't be traded before this coming season and if the team is going to be stuck paying him not to play, then cut his *** and immediately file a lawsuit. Make him spend his millions on attorneys. The McNairs can afford it. We as fans just need to bite the bullet.

Tell him to suck it up and play, don't be a p***y.

200314609_200314609-ac87cfa612eb463eba6880e0efb9fff7_t800.jpg

Football players play with pain. This really isn't worth discussing. I really wouldn't want players like that on the team. The discussion is really about getting rid of a low life as quickly as possible. If Watson won't play, if the owners don't want him on the team, if he can't be traded before this coming season and if the team is going to be stuck paying him not to play, then cut his *** and immediately file a lawsuit. Make him spend his millions on attorneys. The McNairs can afford it. We as fans just need to bite the bullet.
Unfortunately you can not get rid of the low life as quickly as possible. He has to get his legal stuff handled.

Unfortunately most fans are inpatient. We need immediate gratification.

That was someone thinking out loud with a big, what if? The Commanders would never offer up their star defensive player in a trade for Watson…..nor Rodgers or Wilson. The Commanders will offer picks spread out over 3 drafts before losing a star. The Texans/Caserio would be happy with a return of 6 picks, even if their spread over some time.

just to clarify Chase Young had a very good rookie season but last year nine starts before blowing ACL; 26 tackles and 1.5 sacks, 2 FF 16 hurries PFF 75. 2 seasons left at less than $1 million avg before year five option.

I would tend to agree with you but in desperate times people do desperate things. There is a sucker born every minute. And if there is one thing we know about NFL owners and GMs, there are a quite a few suckers.

That part is certainly true. I might have substituted "idiots" for "suckers" in the description of NFL owners and GMs though. Or just add it in. LOL

just to clarify Chase Young had a very good rookie season but last year nine starts before blowing ACL; 26 tackles and 1.5 sacks, 2 FF 16 hurries PFF 75. 2 seasons left at less than $1 million avg before year five option.

Just visiting this trade idea again. Fair to say the Commanders need a QB1 and the Texans would need DL help in a big way. If they’re willing to discuss trade at this time and if the Texans were willing to lower their expectations….then maybe there’d be a trade to be had.

Commanders Get:
Deshaun Watson

Texans Get:
Chase Young
RD2

If Watson is found guilty and spends any time in jail and/or misses an NFL season due to suspension….Texans get nothing beyond the deal stated for 2022.

If Watson is innocent and/or given a misdemeanor with probation and receives an NFL suspension for a partial season…..Texans get the following:

Texans Get:
RD1 & RD2
RD1 & RD3

The Commanders get a low buying price but they do inherit the wait and see game. This would be “White Collar” gambling at its finest.

Texans are gambling with the idea they’ll get a healthy Chase Young for the next couple of seasons.

…….I was pretty sure as well. Only my blame wasn’t aimed at Watson!!!! How about looking at the team that was put around Watson during his tenure. Failure and simply more failure and then unrecoverable failure. That blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the FO, HC, and coaching staff. So, in retrospect you may continue on your path of being Watson’s biggest blind critic but I hope the island you’re on has fresh water.

On a side note….I didn’t want Watson to get an extension b/c if the “team” couldn’t figure out how to successfully build a team around Watson in 5 years or during his rookie contract, what makes anyone think they could do it once his new contract money would play a huge factor against the salary cap? The same could be said for Stafford’s sudden turnaround once he was out of Detroit.

See, that has nothing to do with hatred or being a Watson downer advocate and more to do with the rational thinking of how a Watson extension was being executed at the wrong time for the team. Trading Watson at the end of the 2020 NFL season would have given the Texans a windfall of picks versus being strapped with an idiot OB and Cal extension that featured a NTC.
Ahhhhhhhh hindsight. If the Texans had traded DW in 2020 there would have been hell to pay. i Guess what I don’t understand about your post is are you saying any good QB that doesn’t produce a SB within their contract should be traded because if they are extended they will ruin the salary cap?

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
Ahhhhhhhh hindsight. If the Texans had traded DW in 2020 there would have been hell to pay. i Guess what I don’t understand about your post is are you saying any good QB that doesn’t produce a SB within their contract should be traded because if they are extended they will ruin the salary cap?

Actually, there was no hindsight b/c if you go back to my post regarding Watson and Hopkins….I was saying they both needed to traded for the reasons I mentioned above.

Football is a business and players are the primary part that keeps the machine oiled and operating. I believe the clock starts ticking the moment a team has found, or thinks they have found, their Franchise QB1.

When Watson was drafted the Texans clock started ticking. Watson’s rookie season proved that RS made the right call in moving up to draft him.

After the clock started GM’s RS, BG, and BO couldn’t have screwed up this process of drafting, signing FA’s, or coaching up talent any more than they did.

The McNair’s are just as culpable b/c they just sat around and watched like this was their first foray into the world of business. Anyone ever check to see if the McNair’s didn’t pull up at Kirby in a beat up old jalopy with all their belongings after Bob shot at a rabbit and hit an energy field?

By year three, the Texans weren’t really all that impressive b/c they could barnstorm the AFC South. Their offense was so predictable it was scary and the defense couldn’t hold a lead if their lives depended on it. ST’s could be a case of Jekyl and Hyde.

What was coming up during this mess was Watson’s contract b/c time stops for no one…especially idiots. They had to have known QB1 contracts were going up and when the time came Watson’s would’ve been one of the higher priced ones. The team was in a position to cut bait and start over b/c if they didn’t….it would be like watching the Lions organization right here in Houston. When something of this magnitude is screwed up so royally…..owner(s) should step in and clean house so a new team can be brought in with a clean sheet ahead of them.

So far taking up more than 15 percent of the cap means no championships. It's been that way since 1994 and Derrick's going to be the guy to break the trend. He really is Jesus in Cleats to some around these parts.

Actually, there was no hindsight b/c if you go back to my post regarding Watson and Hopkins….I was saying they both needed to traded for the reasons I mentioned above.

Football is a business and players are the primary part that keeps the machine oiled and operating. I believe the clock starts ticking the moment a team has found, or thinks they have found, their Franchise QB1.

When Watson was drafted the Texans clock started ticking. Watson’s rookie season proved that RS made the right call in moving up to draft him.

After the clock started GM’s RS, BG, and BO couldn’t have screwed up this process of drafting, signing FA’s, or coaching up talent any more than they did.

The McNair’s are just as culpable b/c they just sat around and watched like this was their first foray into the world of business. Anyone ever check to see if the McNair’s didn’t pull up at Kirby in a beat up old jalopy with all their belongings after Bob shot at a rabbit and hit an energy field?

By year three, the Texans weren’t really all that impressive b/c they could barnstorm the AFC South. Their offense was so predictable it was scary and the defense couldn’t hold a lead if their lives depended on it. ST’s could be a case of Jekyl and Hyde.

What was coming up during this mess was Watson’s contract b/c time stops for no one…especially idiots. They had to have known QB1 contracts were going up and when the time came Watson’s would’ve been one of the higher priced ones. The team was in a position to cut bait and start over b/c if they didn’t….it would be like watching the Lions organization right here in Houston. When something of this magnitude is screwed up so royally…..owner(s) should step in and clean house so a new team can be brought in with a clean sheet ahead of them.
I guess I’m old school in that if you have a good QB you FIND the right pieces to put around them...including the right HC. It’s a supply and demand issue. Just look at the nature of QB contracts and teams willing to do just about anything to get their hands on a good QB.

I guess I’m old school in that if you have a good QB you FIND the right pieces to put around them...including the right HC. It’s a supply and demand issue. Just look at the nature of QB contracts and teams willing to do just about anything to get their hands on a good QB.

When the owner, FO, HC, and coaches realize they have drafted their “Franchise QB1”, then the owner should announce within his organization that the team is now on the clock. If the team isn’t capable of moving deep into the playoffs by year 4…..something is amiss. An owner should have his rose colored glasses off by year 3 and be closely scrutinizing his team in year 4. Had both Bob and Cal done this….maybe the Texans get much more serious about building a winner.

Worse yet, the teams cap isn’t good and the talents even worse, that’s a pretty good indicator that a complete rebuild is in the wind. Why? If it wasn’t accomplished in 4 years (playoff blowout followed by a 4-12 season) and now the team is staring down the barrel of a large contract that’s going to hit the cap hard….how does the team rebound to the point of building a winner through an ugly tightening of the belt. Cut the losses b/c it wasn’t accomplished within an acceptable period of time, clean the table, trade the assets, and start over. No reason to strap a new regime with failures of the prior regime.

So far taking up more than 15 percent of the cap means no championships. It's been that way since 1994 and Derrick's going to be the guy to break the trend. He really is Jesus in Cleats to some around these parts.
I thought you felt that as long as the McNairs owned the team there would be no championships?

If these good QB's are taking up more than 15% of the cap then there wont be any championships. Since 1994 that's what history has been telling us since 1994.

I thought you felt that as long as the McNairs owned the team there would be no championships?

I do feel this way. I also hope I win the lotto one day. The chances of either happening are about the same.

The 15% statement stands on its own. It is what it is and good mgmt should plan accordingly.

That’s typical on how it’s done. I remember that was the formula for the Colts after drafting Manning.

I do feel this way. I also hope I win the lotto one day. The chances of either happening are about the same.

The 15% statement stands on its own. It is what it is and good mgmt should plan accordingly.

The only way that percentage stays relevant…..they had better be winning. That’s the only way teams will have an opportunity to re-sign key players to team friendly contracts (NE) so the winning has its best chance at survival.

Mahomes wasn’t thinking team when he signed his contract and this coming season will be an interesting one for the Chiefs. They’ll be a flash in the pan versus an organization that could’ve challenged the Patriots reign as the best organization assembled top to bottom.

Last edited:
If these good QB's are taking up more than 15% of the cap then there wont be any championships. Since 1994 that's what history has been telling us since 1994.

Since 1994 would represent a period of time….not a history, which I could only assume meant from the inception of the NFL.

What happens when all the teams in the playoffs are making more than 15%?

Since 1994 would represent a period of time….not a history, which I could only assume meant from the inception of the NFL.

It would represent the time since the salary cap era began. That's the current era we're in so yes, it's very relative.

Deny history if you wish. But history is what it is and it doesn't lie.

The only way that percentage stays relevant…..they had better be winning. That’s the only way teams will have an opportunity to re-sign key players to team friendly contracts (NE) so the winning has its best chance at survival.

Mahomes wasn’t thinking team when he signed his contract and this coming season will be an interesting one for the Chiefs. They’ll be a flash in the pan versus an organization that could’ve challenged the Patriots reign as the best organization assembled top to bottom.
Agreed with 1st paragraph, next year is Mahomes last chance before his killing part of his contract kicks in. I guess he could extend the winning period by kicking the can down the road for a couple of yrs. Even then there are no assurances.

You didn't answer the question. QB salaries are rising. That is not going to change

The percentages history says won't be. I'm sure there will be outliers.

Fact is under the current system unless your QB doesn't take as much as they possibly can, then from their rookie yr on teams only have 7 or 8 yrs at the most to win a championship. 4-5 yrs on the rookie deal and 3 yrs at the most on the new contract.

I wish the owners would exempt QB contracts from the cap so all teams would be on equal footing.

When the owner, FO, HC, and coaches realize they have drafted their “Franchise QB1”, then the owner should announce within his organization that the team is now on the clock. If the team isn’t capable of moving deep into the playoffs by year 4…..something is amiss. An owner should have his rose colored glasses off by year 3 and be closely scrutinizing his team in year 4. Had both Bob and Cal done this….maybe the Texans get much more serious about building a winner.

Worse yet, the teams cap isn’t good and the talents even worse, that’s a pretty good indicator that a complete rebuild is in the wind. Why? If it wasn’t accomplished in 4 years (playoff blowout followed by a 4-12 season) and now the team is staring down the barrel of a large contract that’s going to hit the cap hard….how does the team rebound to the point of building a winner through an ugly tightening of the belt. Cut the losses b/c it wasn’t accomplished within an acceptable period of time, clean the table, trade the assets, and start over. No reason to strap a new regime with failures of the prior regime.
Well I guess that’s one theory but do you think it is a good precedent for teams to be contstantly starting over trying the next best idea? I only see that as a team that has no more sense than the next real estate app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back