Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me one 2022 1st round pick right now, with the other team assuming Watson as-is, no questions asked.
I'll take it and move on. Anything more than that is gravy. Hell, even that is gravy

If they can negotiate some highly conditional picks in addition to that, even better
And there are teams with multiple 1st round picks so they may just bite on this offer.

Of course not to you, its Watson. We know your feelings towards him even before this mess
[/QUOTE]

True and I ended up spot on when I said they shoild make him play out his 5th yr option.

Now I dont care if they are able to trade him or if he spends 25 yrs in jail and the Texans get nothing for him.

I just dont want him to play another down for the Texans. Apparently you do and my queston for you is, would you rather Derrick be traded or would you want him to be the QB long term for the Texans?

Some feel that Brady's retirement is meant to place the Bucs in a position to find another QB and release Brady so that Brady can unretire and play for the 49ers. In doing so, the Bucs are already looking at their options at QB outside of their backup QB...........options that are being suggested such as Wilson and Watson.

Some feel that Brady's retirement is meant to place the Bucs in a position to find another QB and release Brady so that Brady can unretire and play for the 49ers. In doing so, the Bucs are already looking at their options at QB outside of their backup QB...........options that are being suggested such as Wilson and Watson.
I saw the report about the Bucs doing “extensive homework” on Watson lol

Wonder what that report is going to comeback saying.

I will write the 1st three sentences.

Derrick Watson is a Sexual Predator. It remains to be seen if Derrick has committed serial sexual assaults. Civil depositions should be completed by March 1st and the Grand Jury will either indict Derrick or not sometime around the same time frame.
Lol now Mort putting out more teams and says Watson will be on the move. Mulguehta is stupid enough to put out there that these teams won’t investigate.

The good….I’ll be back in CST on the 23rd since we’ll be on some much desired home leave. That means I won’t be a full 7 hours behind the news cycle.

If Watson clears that hurdle and becomes available for a trade, then:

First thing on the table, Flores will not be a HC anytime soon in the NFL. Second, Miami will be sticking with Tua for the 2022 season. Third, the Giants are sticking with Jones and plan on building a better team around him. Minnesota and Cleveland may become players but they could be enamored with the idea of Rodgers or Wilson should they actually become available.

That’s pretty much going to make Watson a beggar if he has any desire in playing professional football in 2022.

The only big QB1 that’ll probably change teams next season is Wilson….and even then, he could wind up staying in Seattle. The Vikings could be a landing spot if they move away from Cousins. The Browns could be a player if they dump Mayfield.

Taking all this into consideration…..I’m going to stick with my original prediction that Washington will be the team to step up and take Watson off the Texans hands. They have an absolute need and possess the cap space to make the move…..plus, I think Rivera really wants Watson. As I alluded to earlier, beggars…..beggars can’t be choosy. So Watson waives his NTC and moves to Washington to become their new Commander.

Last edited:
Not gonna' lie, and full schadenfreude here, but I'll lmao if Watson ends up on another even more dysfunctional team because it's his only offer.

I hope Watson hates it where he ends up. Serves him right. If Watson does end up on another NFL team instead of being in jail, I'm going to thank them sincerely for taking him and then add that team to my Most Hated Teams list right alongside Dallas and the Titans. Screw 'em all.

Almost sounds like you want Watson to be charged.
Using common sense, what makes Watson more tradeable today then a year ago? Nothing. You already have teams who have now stated publicly they will not trade for him. The fact remains nobody has traded for him a year later. Teams are not keeping away from trading for him strictly because of the civil suits........

Using common sense, what makes Watson more tradeable today then a year ago? Nothing. You already have teams who have now stated publicly they will not trade for him. The fact remains nobody has traded for him.
A couple of days ago you made a comment as if there were fans of this team that didn’t want Watson to be charged. As if there was something wrong with that.

I think it’s no different than fans wanting him to be charged.

It is what it is & it’s going to be what it’s going to be. Let the fans fan. Regardless what side they’re on.

A couple of days ago you made a comment as if there were fans of this team that didn’t want Watson to be charged. As if there was something wrong with that.

I think it’s no different than fans wanting him to be charged.

It is what it is & it’s going to be what it’s going to be. Let the fans fan. Regardless what side they’re on.
My question still stands. Folks keep talking about trading him. What makes him more tradeable?

My question still stands. Folks keep talking about trading him. What makes him more tradeable?

It’s the QB1 (Franchise QB) skill-set that he brings to an NFL football field. Teams tend to find those traits very desirable. Was this the answer you were looking for?

I appreciate the answer. But Nobody is finding it desirable at this time. Or else he would have been traded for. Just don’t get your hopes up that he is traded before the draft.
well in my opinion it really is about what the Texans will take for him. Lovie wants him gone before the draft but said there are some factors that have to resolved first. he didn’t elaborate. He’s Going to have mud on his shoes no matter what happens legally. I think the only way for a team to get all of their fans behind a trade is to get him for a lowball deal because of his character issues. His legal issues aside I still just don’t see how the NFL wants to see a precedent that sees top talent refusing to play until traded. Lovie was even saying (not talking about the DW issue) what makes the NFL the best sport in the nation is parity, citing the Bengals turnaround. Funny how DW and Flores both want everything their way no matter the cost.

I still would want more than that. Example: Vikings. First round (12), Cook (RB), Hunter (DE) and Jefferson (WR) should do the trick.

TB doesn’t have a QB1 to bank on in 2022. Tom Brady got most of this team to stick around for another run at a second ring but with 10 (5-Offense / 5-Defense) FA’s off the starting units and 10 more off the Depth chart….would signing Watson get most of them back for another run? If he did, the Bucs would undoubtably be the finest team Watson has ever taken the field with.

The Vikings need a taker for Cousins before they could ever consider Watson. You could say the same thing regarding the Browns needing to ditch Mayfield before they could ever consider Watson. Browns may be in as good a position as any team to excel with Watson as their QB1. Personally, I’d much rather see him playing in the NFC.

The return for Watson if the biggest player is TB…..3 very late RD1’s and 3 late RD2’s. This could be the fastest exit for Watson and Caserio/Texans living with the return while celebrating his departure.

TB doesn’t have a QB1 to bank on in 2022. Tom Brady got most of this team to stick around for another run at a second ring but with 10 (5-Offense / 5-Defense) FA’s off the starting units and 10 more off the Depth chart….would signing Watson get most of them back for another run? If he did, the Bucs would undoubtably be the finest team Watson has ever taken the field with.

The Vikings need a taker for Cousins before they could ever consider Watson. You could say the same thing regarding the Browns needing to ditch Mayfield before they could ever consider Watson. Browns may be in as good a position as any team to excel with Watson as their QB1. Personally, I’d much rather see him playing in the NFC.

The return for Watson if the biggest player is TB…..3 very late RD1’s and 3 late RD2’s. This could be the fastest exit for Watson and Caserio/Texans living with the return while celebrating his departure.
So in that scenario will the Texans have to eat a big portion of that contract?

So in that scenario will the Texans have to eat a big portion of that contract?

Maybe….unless TB decides make re-working his contract part of the deal. Watson gets a bit more money up front and TB cuts his cap hit over a longer period of time. Due to Watson’s situation and desire to play for TB (as reported and very stupid to announce the team of choice)….he could see a substantial cut in his annual salary when re-working his contract.

In my mind, the only way Watson sees TB is if he’s willing to work a new deal that’s team friendly since I doubt Caserio is going to feel obligated to give Watson what he wants if it requires the Texans getting shafted in return. Caserio could get 4 to 6 picks at best and the other 2 to 4 picks wouldn’t be until the 2023 and 2024 drafts.

TB could be eager as well since their team is built to win now and that window is closing. TB’s only other option would be Russell Wilson since I believe Rodgers will be returning to GB. He’ll retire a Packer.

I think it could really come down to Washington deciding they’d be willing to make a play for Watson. Their draft position is good for the Texans which would probably be the preferred deal, but does Watson get onboard with going to the Commanders?

Last edited:
I think it could really come down to Washington deciding they’d be willing to make a play for Watson. Their draft position is good for the Texans which would probably be the preferred deal, but does Watson get onboard with going to the Commanders?
Denver is probably back in play, as Aaron Rodgers has broken up with his Colorado based girlfriend.

I loved watching DW as a player and strictly on the field he could probably do real well with the talent here. However, I don't think him coming here will go over that well. The Bucs just rid themselves of one sexual assaulter, accused rapist QB and he was a big PR problem. After the Uber sexual assault thing, they had to remove Jameis's image from the stadium and from all marketing. With that in mind, what do you do with DW? Also Tampa if full of Asian massage parlors and strip clubs. I think DW would be too distracted here to focus on football.

I loved watching DW as a player and strictly on the field he could probably do real well with the talent here. However, I don't think him coming here will go over that well. The Bucs just rid themselves of one sexual assaulter, accused rapist QB and he was a big PR problem. After the Uber sexual assault thing, they had to remove Jameis's image from the stadium and from all marketing. With that in mind, what do you do with DW? Also Tampa if full of Asian massage parlors and strip clubs. I think DW would be too distracted here to focus on football.
Those instances got very little coverage nationally. And the NFL is always ready to look the other way when their feet are not held to the fire.

Assuming Watson isn't incarcerated what are the chances IYO that he just retires from football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back