Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DW4 Traded to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still going with the thought that DW’s Cal issues were fabricated after Flores got in his ear to make it a racial issue, get out of his contract by vowing never to play for them again and the Dolphins will work out a trade for him offering him the lifestyle he wanted. When his legal issues surfaced the Dolphins owner balked at making a trade causing he and Flores to have their fallout. This is the only way that I can tie so many disparate events into converging.

I’m still going with the thought that DW’s Cal issues were fabricated after Flores got in his ear to make it a racial issue, get out of his contract by vowing never to play for them again and the Dolphins will work out a trade for him offering him the lifestyle he wanted. When his legal issues surfaced the Dolphins owner balked at making a trade causing he and Flores to have their fallout. This is the only way that I can tie so many disparate events into converging.
If this were the case, you would have to say that Ross didn't want Watson, and Flores did. From all information available, Ross very much wanted Watson and Flores didn't. Flores was content with Tua. The media made up stories saying that Flores wanted Watson, and they were in constant contact..........this has been since debunked.

If this were the case, you would have to say that Ross didn't want Watson, and Flores did. From all information available, Ross very much wanted Watson and Flores didn't. Flores was content with Tua. The media made up stories saying that Flores wanted Watson, and they were in constant contact..........this has been since debunked.

Well here ya go just today

Well here ya go just today

When the media can't get inside information, they make some up.

Maybe but I do find it interesting that these NFL sideshows seem to involve the same two teams and two people…I thought players on the Dolphins reported the strained relationship with Tua and Flores…and why did DW want to play for Flores unless his real intent perhaps was all along about the Miami lifestyle…I’ve been watching too many crime shows

When Watson first pulled his chump routine of wanting out just months after signing a $110 million guaranteed contract (before the lawsuits), my immediate thought was screw him, and, Cal was dumb for promising him anything.

Now, however, in hindsight, I think things are much more cloudy and perhaps the Texans attitude had as much to do with the rumors that they were hearing about their star QB being involved with some very shady lifestyle choices. And in this case, I'd actually have to applaud Cal for not wanting his multi-billion dollar franchise tainted (no pun intended) by this alleged deviant player.

The timelines are just too close not to be connected, and according to our own forum sources, they certainly were connected. Watson was butthurt because the franchise did not want to stand by him while his secrets were being exposed. Based on this, as a Texans fan, screw him and the horse he rode in on. I'll celebrate the day he is no longer associated with our team.

When Watson first pulled his chump routine of wanting out just months after signing a $110 million guaranteed contract (before the lawsuits), my immediate thought was screw him, and, Cal was dumb for promising him anything.

Now, however, in hindsight, I think things are much more cloudy and perhaps the Texans attitude had as much to do with the rumors that they were hearing about their star QB being involved with some very shady lifestyle choices. And in this case, I'd actually have to applaud Cal for not wanting his multi-billion dollar franchise tainted (no pun intended) by this alleged deviant player.

The timelines are just too close not to be connected, and according to our own forum sources, they certainly were connected. Watson was butthurt because the franchise did not want to stand by him while his secrets were being exposed. Based on this, as a Texans fan, screw him and the horse he rode in on. I'll celebrate the day he is no longer associated with our team.
If I understand you correctly you are saying DW only demanded the trade after the Texans found out about his activities? seems To me that never asking for a trade would have gotten him more support from the Texans Especially if he also agreed to waive his NTC. But he instead seemed to throw all his resources to go to one team…..who had a QB that Flores wanted over DW? Maybe, but if so where are the reports that Flores and DW never had a relationship? In that case DW is worse than it appears because he alone was trying to screw two teams and their coaches at the same time.

If I understand you correctly you are saying DW only demanded the trade after the Texans found out about his activities? seems To me that never asking for a trade would have gotten him more support from the Texans Especially if he also agreed to waive his NTC. But he instead seemed to throw all his resources to go to one team…..who had a QB that Flores wanted over DW? Maybe, but if so where are the reports that Flores and DW never had a relationship? In that case DW is worse than it appears because he alone was trying to screw two teams and their coaches at the same time.

For that part, I'm just relaying what our forum sources have stated, but since Watson has never publicly said why he wanted out just a few months after that mega-deal, I can only take what we are told and try to connect the dots.

I know what the media reported - i.e. that he was demanding a trade because he didn't get to influence the GM/HC pick - and based on that alone it hit me wrong as a Texans fan. This franchise just guaranteed $110 million dollars, a massive investment, and a mere 5-6 months later he's acting like a chump.

Personally, and just my opinion, it never made complete sense that he wanted out because he couldn't pick the GM/HC. There is not a HoF player out there that got to pick his head coach and general manager. It just felt like there was more to the story, and according to the forum's insider sources, it was also about his alleged sexcapades and the related lawsuits.

So, as always, take it fwiw.

Great post

I would think you might be butthurt if you had fingers shoved up your butt. Long or fat I wouldn't kno which hurt the most. But Derrick needs to get over it and move on and restart career if he's truly interested in making football his 1st priority. (Something I've always had doubts about.)

If Texans are unable to trade Watson this offseason because of the allegations and he's still eligible to play, the Texans should force Watson to play. Having him sit out two consecutive seasons will further damage his trade value. I think Watson would play if forced to because it's a better alternative to not playing. I don't understand why the Texans didn't force him to play last year. Instead, they chose to keep him isolated from the team during training camp and paid him not to play. My hunch is that the Texans (mainly Easterby) don't want Watson to play because they don't get along and Watson is a threat to his influence over the rest of the players...not good for the "culture."

If Texans are unable to trade Watson this offseason because of the allegations and he's still eligible to play, the Texans should force Watson to play. Having him sit out two consecutive seasons will further damage his trade value. I think Watson would play if forced to because it's a better alternative to not playing. I don't understand why the Texans didn't force him to play last year. Instead, they chose to keep him isolated from the team during training camp and paid him not to play. My hunch is that the Texans (mainly Easterby) don't want Watson to play because they don't get along and Watson is a threat to his influence over the rest of the players...not good for the "culture."
How are you going to force him to play?

How are you going to force him to play?

Make him active and name him the starter. When he refuses to hit the field he's breaking his contract requirements and punishable by fines right? Maybe I'm missing some small detail?

I actually thought we should've done exactly that for last season's opener. Put him on the field play 1 and if he actually called the Texans bluff, have him kneel on 1st and 10 so he can't fake an injury. THEN make him inactive the rest of the year.

Putting him on the field now would just diminish his trade value though.

This has been discussed at nauseum. He will never agree to play for the Texans again. I've posted this before............If they try to force it, it would have to be in TC to prepare. If that would happen, no doubt, he and Mills would have to split first team reps for "safety." If he feigned injury during TC, he would have to go on IR............not for 3 weeks as is the case in the regular season.............but for the entire 2022 season..........and be paid anyway. This would only have accomplished stealing precious preparation from Mills..........so we screw another season way beyond the monetary.

Make him active and name him the starter. When he refuses to hit the field he's breaking his contract requirements and punishable by fines right? Maybe I'm missing some small detail?

I actually thought we should've done exactly that for last season's opener. Put him on the field play 1 and if he actually called the Texans bluff, have him kneel on 1st and 10 so he can't fake an injury. THEN make him inactive the rest of the year.

Putting him on the field now would just diminish his trade value though.
I did to but Cal was trying to show people he actually had the dude’s back. Remember they canceled mini camp so Watson wouldn’t be fined.
And even Watson would’ve changed his mind and attempted to play. It wouldn’t have been a good thing for the Texans nor the league. The backlash would’ve been off the charts.

Apparently, many do not understand the following...........

The NFL's IR rules allow players to be traded, so long as they follow a few stipulations. Any team that wants to trade a player on IR must first designate that player to return. Players on IR can be traded if they were sent there after September 1 deadline..........AFTER the beginning of the season. The acquiring team can then designate the player to return, or immediately activate the player if his previous team has already done so. BUT if the player is placed on IR BEFORE the beginning of the season, he is deemed out for the season...............with no ability to designate that player to return...................i.e., no way Watson gets traded in 2022.

Or they don't want a Sexual Predator representing their franchise.

This has been discussed at nauseum. He will never agree to play for the Texans again. I've posted this before............If they try to force it, it would have to be in TC to prepare. If that would happen, no doubt, he and Mills would have to split first team reps for "safety." If he feigned injury during TC, he would have to go on IR............not for 3 weeks as is the case in the regular season.............but for the entire 2022 season..........and be paid anyway. This would only have accomplished stealing precious preparation from Mills..........so we screw another season way beyond the monetary.

Because the Derrick fanboys are still dreaming of a way that Derrick will still play QB for the Texans.

I did to but Cal was trying to show people he actually had the dude’s back. Remember they canceled mini camp so Watson wouldn’t be fined.
And even Watson would’ve changed his mind and attempted to play. It wouldn’t have been a good thing for the Texans nor the league. The backlash would’ve been off the charts.

I think by that point in the year (September) we all knew he wasn't changing his mind. The "1 snap season" would've forced his hand and the Nfl's. Would've been ballsy and they might have gotten some compensation back for his contract.

There definitely would've been backlash. Idk. Just tossing out what if's for conversation sake.

Apparently, many do not understand the following...........

The NFL's IR rules allow players to be traded, so long as they follow a few stipulations. Any team that wants to trade a player on IR must first designate that player to return. Players on IR can be traded if they were sent there after September 1 deadline..........AFTER the beginning of the season. The acquiring team can then designate the player to return, or immediately activate the player if his previous team has already done so. BUT if the player is placed on IR BEFORE the beginning of the season, he is deemed out for the season...............with no ability to designate that player to return...................i.e., no way Watson gets traded in 2022.

Ahhhhhhhh! Very informative and helpful.

Thanks Doc.

You can't assume Watson will feign injury because Texans have chosen not to force the issue. I don't think Watson would attempt to do this because his reputation is tarnished and playing good football will help repair his image...even if it is for the Texans. Playing the injury card would further hurt his reputation and the possibility of any team wanting to trade for him.

My point is that the Texans haven't attempted to do this because they have moved on from him and don't want him on the team anymore. However, Watson continuing to sit will further damage his trade value. I don't think a team will be willing to give up four first-round picks for a player that hasn't played in two years, even if he is cleared of the allegations. There will be other safer options available either in the draft or free agency. If Texans can't deal him this offseason, they need to play that card so that Watson can be showcased to tempt other teams to trade for him.

And, Texans would be dumb to designate Mills as the starter now. They need to bring in a veteran for Mills to compete against in training camp for the job. Mills hasn't proven yet he should be the starter.

You can't assume Watson will feign injury because Texans have chosen not to force the issue. I don't think Watson would attempt to do this because his reputation is tarnished and playing good football will help repair his image...even if it is for the Texans. Playing the injury card would further hurt his reputation and the possibility of any team wanting to trade for him.

My point is that the Texans haven't attempted to do this because they have moved on from him and don't want him on the team anymore. However, Watson continuing to sit will further damage his trade value. I don't think a team will be willing to give up four first-round picks for a player that hasn't played in two years, even if he is cleared of the allegations. There will be other safer options available either in the draft or free agency. If Texans can't deal him this offseason, they need to play that card so that Watson can be showcased to tempt other teams to trade for him.

And, Texans would be dumb to designate Mills as the starter now. They need to bring in a veteran for Mills to compete against in training camp for the job. Mills hasn't proven yet he should be the starter.
After all of what has transpired...............and NOW Watson all of a sudden is going to act on the basis of being worried about his football reputation. Sorry, but I don't believe in fairy tales.

And also too, I’ve never seen someone mention Audio or Video evidence of a sexual assault taking place. Seems odd placement there. DNA evidence, is one thing. Though law enforcement sources aren’t going to divulge that to an NFL “reporter”. He probably got that from Hardin anyway.
In any case, the police would never comment on "evidence" until it were officially announced that their investigation is completed.

After all of what has transpired...............and NOW Watson all of a sudden is going to act on the basis of being worried about his football reputation. Sorry, but I don't believe in fairy tales.

Fairy tales indeed.

Truth is the McNair's dont want a Sexual Predator representing their franchise. Some on the otherhand are passive/aggressively wanting Derrick to remain the QB of the Texans. Others are worried about what they can get in a trade for him.

Posters like me are just waiting to see how the court proceedings go and make a decision from what happens there. What I dont want regardless of what happens in court is Derrick ever to play another down for the Texans and I really dont care what, if anything they get in a trade for Derrick. I look at this as punishment for having incompetent people making decisions to get in bed with Derrick to begin with.

I'm confused. Are you saying that the medical community, with all the testing available, is unable to determine if a player is "faking" an injury?

They think he’s guilty & don’t want anything to do with him

He’s refusing to play now. What difference does it make if they “name him the starter” the $30M salary says he’s the starter.

his words, his actions, imo, says he’s in breech. If I were the Texans I wouldn’t pay him. He can complain & take it to arbitration. But the Texans would still hold his rights (which is what they want) & still be able to trade him.

but it would give him incentive to get this settled as quickly as he can

Last edited:
I'm confused. Are you saying that the medical community, with all the testing available, is unable to determine if a player is "faking" an injury?

There's plenty of stuff you can fake that won't show up in a test. Dude can just say he's got a bad back/knee soreness or hell.. just say he's suffering from migraines which caused Percy Harvin to retire.

Hell the Jags went through this with Jalen Ramsey..

Many injuries such as back injuries are faked all the time. Insurance companies have all sorts of problems with injury faking. Physicians can many times suspect the faking, but in many cases it is very difficult to prove a negative. For instance, how can you reliably prove someone is not having pain.

He’s refusing to play now. What difference does it make if they “name him the starter” the $30M salary says he’s the starter.

his words, his actions, imo, says he’s in breech. If I were the Texans I wouldn’t pay him. He can complain & take it to arbitration. But the Texans would still hold his rights (which is what they want) & still be able to trade him.

but it would give him incentive to get this settled as quickly as he can
That would be great. But one of the problems with not paying him is the “guaranteed money” clause in his contract. He will receive the guaranteed amount for the life of their contract......salary and bonuses, even if he never plays. Of course, the Texans would still retain his rights.

Fairy tales indeed.

Truth is the McNair's dont want a Sexual Predator representing their franchise. Some on the otherhand are passive/aggressively wanting Derrick to remain the QB of the Texans. Others are worried about what they can get in a trade for him.

Posters like me are just waiting to see how the court proceedings go and make a decision from what happens there. What I dont want regardless of what happens in court is Derrick ever to play another down for the Texans and I really dont care what, if anything they get in a trade for Derrick. I look at this as punishment for having incompetent people making decisions to get in bed with Derrick to begin with.
In the beginning he begged Watson to change his mind. And truth be told, everyone in that building knew about Watson’s off the field antics. He was told to get his stuff under control. That’s when he started crying about loyalty. Therefore, you’re wrong on that take. If Watson didn’t try to force his way out, he would be the face of this franchise.

That would be great. But one of the problems with not paying him is the “guaranteed money” clause in his contract. He will receive the guaranteed amount for the life of their contract......salary and bonuses, even if he never plays. Of course, the Texans would still retain his rights.
Yeah, that's the kind of thing that will be settled in arbitration, when another lawyer he has to pay can argue the meaning of "is"

He's trying to get traded so I don't think he would fake an injury. Everyone would back away from possible trade talks if they thought he could be injured on top of the sexual assault allegations. It just doesn't make sense for him to do that. Anyways...this hypothetical about him playing the fake injury card doesn't mean the Texans shouldn't try to force him to play if they can't trade him this offseason which is a real possibility because this legal situation may not wrap up anytime soon. The only reason why they pay him not to play is because he doesn't get along with the owner and the front office.

In the beginning he begged Watson to change his mind. And truth be told, everyone in that building knew about Watson’s off the field antics. He was told to get his stuff under control. That’s when he started crying about loyalty. Therefore, you’re wrong on that take. If Watson didn’t try to force his way out, he would be the face of this franchise.

That would have been enough for me to be done with the franchise. If true

I am thinking Pittsburgh is going to come strong for Watson. They need a quarterback, have an awesome head coach who just hired Flores, and they are a playoff team with a good nucleus of talent. While they don’t have the draft capital I would prefer they could go multiple consecutive years with #1’s and #2’s plus a player or two to gain the room on the cap.

I am thinking Pittsburgh is going to come strong for Watson. They need a quarterback, have an awesome head coach who just hired Flores, and they are a playoff team with a good nucleus of talent. While they don’t have the draft capital I would prefer they could go multiple consecutive years with #1’s and #2’s plus a player or two to gain the room on the cap.
No one is coming to trade for him.

Fairy tales indeed.

Did I read correctly and you said you're waiting on court proceedings? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back