Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Derek Stingley vs. Sauce Gardner

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Are you saying Sauce Gardner is elite?

Because you just made a comparison between a good QB vs an elite QB.

But you started off with one is very good and the other is pretty good.
The SOL (sauce only lover) brigade is ignoring the impartial tweets above showing Stingley as a Lockdown corner

And this is why this thread has gotten contentious, some want to acknowledge only Sauce Gardner as a great young cornerback

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Yeah - I am not asking any follow up questions. It will only revert back to UH QBs and something about you 10 years ago.
Sounds like something my ex wife would do.

Remember the time back in 1998 when you left the toilet seat up? Riveting conversation. LOL

LF911SC

Practice Squad
Lol no. Most of the guys making the biggest impact on their defense, they didn't even draft and if they did, it was 2 years before Saleh even got there. They only get credit for Quinnen & Sauce...2 guys drafted like 3 years apart by 2 different regimes.
Youre completely wrong.
Most of their players on D and especially those making an impact are new. And Quinnen isn’t one of them, he’s pre Saleh. Mosley is but he only played in half a game before Saleh. Most of the DL, the rest of the LBs - Quincey & Kwon, the CBs and Ss have been added after Saleh.

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Youre completely wrong.
Most of their players on D and especially those making an impact are new. And Quinnen isn’t one of them, he’s pre Saleh. Mosley is but he only played in half a game before Saleh. Most of the DL, the rest of the LBs - Quincey & Kwon, the CBs and Ss have been added after Saleh.
……this guy. No you’re completely wrong b/c i wasnt talking about “brought in” or being new……b/c The post i was originally responding to insinuated that they “hit” on alot of their draft picks… & thats not accurate b/c 90% their defensive starters weren’t drafted by them or during Saleh’s regime & Quinnen was drafted 2 years before Saleh got there.

And as far as the biggest difference makers outside of Quinnen who is THE biggest impact player….Mosley, Quincy, JFM…Rankins….and a few others that collectively make up that front 7 and make them so fierce..yeah they definitely weren’t drafted by them. Hell, 3/4th of the secondary were also drafted by other teams…you wanna tell me Reed isnt also having as big of an impact as Sauce?

LF911SC

Practice Squad
……this guy. No you’re completely wrong b/c i wasnt talking about “brought in” or being new……b/c The post i was originally responding to insinuated that they “hit” on alot of their draft picks… & thats not accurate b/c 90% their defensive starters weren’t drafted by them or during Saleh’s regime & Quinnen was drafted 2 years before Saleh got there.

And as far as the biggest difference makers outside of Quinnen who is THE biggest impact player….Mosley, Quincy, JFM…Rankins….and a few others that collectively make up that front 7 and make them so fierce..yeah they definitely weren’t drafted by them. Hell, 3/4th of the secondary were also drafted by other teams…you wanna tell me Reed isnt also having as big of an impact as Sauce?
And you’re still wrong. You said most of the players making the biggest impact were brought in 2 years before Saleh, 90% before Saleh.

Quincey was brought in during Salehs first season.
JFM was on the team the year before but only played in 2 games.
Reed is in his first season with the Jets.
Kwon Alexander is in his first season with the Jets
Whitehead is in his first season with the Jets
Joyner was brought in under Saleh
Carl Lawson was brought in under Saleh
Rankins was brought in under Saleh
JJ is a rookie DL
Clemons is a rookie DL
Sauce
Michael Carter, under Saleh

Who we’re all these players brought in 2 years before Saleh? They gutted the team, sucked in Dalehs first year with a stripped down roster

Last edited:

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
And you’re still wrong. You said most of the players making the biggest impact were brought in 2 years before Saleh, 90% before Saleh.

Quincey was brought in during Salehs first season.
JFM was on the team the year before but only played in 2 games.
Reed is in his first season with the Jets.
Kwon Alexander is in his first season with the Jets
Whitehead is in his first season with the Jets
Joyner was brought in under Saleh
Carl Lawson was brought in under Saleh
Rankins was brought in under Saleh
JJ is a rookie DL
Clemons is a rookie DL
Sauce
Michael Carter, under Saleh

Who we’re all these players brought in 2 years before Saleh? They gutted the team, sucked in Dalehs first year with a stripped down roster
Your all over the place trying to prove a point that noone is disputing…and as i said sone time ago regarding your posts…your reading comprehension is garbage…

good day sir.

• Haha
Reactions: JB

LF911SC

Practice Squad
Your all over the place trying to prove a point that noone is disputing…and as i said sone time ago regarding your posts…your reading comprehension is garbage…

good day sir.
All over the place? Look in the mirror dude. You say one thing, get a response proving you wrong and you double down. All you do is move the goal posts.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
All over the place? Look in the mirror dude. You say one thing, get a response proving you wrong and you double down. All you do is move the goal posts.
No goalposts moved…just your reading comprehension failing you…into the iggy bin you…

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Are you saying Sauce Gardner is elite?

Because you just made a comparison between a good QB vs an elite QB.

But you started off with one is very good and the other is pretty good.
Whether Sauce is elite or not is up for debate.

But this is how he's viewed by PFF.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Revis: I think he has the potential to carry the torch on to be a great cornerback...

MrTex:
Nah, he's too grabby.
Lol, whats your point…he is too grabby…there’s video proof of that..& they’re entitled to their opinion just like i am mine…

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Sure, but they have the creds, wouldn't you agree?
not necessarily.
1 guy is a former jets player…who was known as a man cover cb….who also once upon a time threw shade at THE OTHER GUY you quoted b/c he wasn’t a true man guy lol. And is bot surprising that the OTHER guy is giving him props b/c people compare Sauce to him…..& b/c he himself was largely slighted his entire career and was thought of more AS a product of the “system” than a true shutdown cb…

and NFL execs…we dont even need to talk about lol…

76Texan

Hall of Fame
not necessarily.
1 guy is a former jets player…who was known as a man cover cb….who also once upon a time threw shade at THE OTHER GUY you quoted b/c he wasn’t a true man guy lol. And is bot surprising that the OTHER guy is giving him props b/c people compare Sauce to him…..& b/c he himself was largely slighted his entire career and was thought of more AS a product of the “system” than a true shutdown cb…

and NFL execs…we dont even need to talk about lol…
OK

Texazan

Our HOF 34
The SOL (sauce only lover) brigade is ignoring the impartial tweets above showing Stingley as a Lockdown corner

And this is why this thread has gotten contentious, some want to acknowledge only Sauce Gardner as a great young cornerback
If the Texans are 6-3, Stingley playing just the same with the team ascending we’re probably not here… but since we’re 1-7-1 it’s the I told ya so you should’ve drafted my guy game…..

76Texan

Hall of Fame
If the Texans are 6-3, Stingley playing just the same with the team ascending we’re probably not here… but since we’re 1-7-1 it’s the I told ya so you should’ve drafted my guy game…..
DeShaun Watson played extremely well his rookie year while Mahomes only get to play the last game of that season in which he threw no TD with an INT.
He didn't get to play in the playoffs either.

People like me, who had always preferred Mahomes never wavered.

We always think that Mahomes is the better QB; even as I always think that Watson is a very good QB.

And if somehow there's a chance to go back, I would still prefer to take Mahomes over Watson if I had the chance.
And

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Exactly! And then there's the Sauce Only Fans that signed up here for just one purpose
Your so wrong. It’s all about evaluating prospects. Believe Stingley has a much better chance this weekend against Commanders and Taylor Heinicke than Gardner vs Patriots in Foxboro but we will see, that’s why they play the game.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Surely there aren't people out there that pathetic?

Surely?
They will always be associated very closely over course of their careers because both were such high picks and back to back picks. Previous year (2021) Jaycee Horn went #9 to Panthers and Pat Surtain II #10 to the Broncos. Much as I love Jaycee (suffered torn acl as rookie) Surtain has been the better corner. In fact, he is better than Gardner from a technician standpoint (closer to Stingley in style, pure press corner).

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
They will always be associated very closely over course of their careers because both were such high picks and back to back picks.
Yeah, I get that.

& I understand if a bunch of Clemson fans, or UH fans joining because we picked up a QB from their wannabe Alma mater.

I can't imagine there's a schmuck out there whose life is so ridiculously pathetic that they would join our board just to nuthang on a guy we didn't draft.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I get that.

& I understand if a bunch of Clemson fans, or UH fans joining because we picked up a QB from their wannabe Alma mater.

I can't imagine there's a schmuck out there whose life is so ridiculously pathetic that they would join our board just to nuthang on a guy we didn't draft.
Being a mod you might know? Frankly I have no idea or care to wonder. For the most part this board has been as clean and good to frequent as any out there despite not having the best of canvass to draw upon. To me that’s a whole different topic for discussion in its own thread.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
From a strictly draft evaluation standpoint, especially for a top 5 draft prospect I’m shooting for the highest ceiling even if I don’t have a clue what that could ultimately wind up being, that’s just a projection. Gardner, for his position had the highest ceiling of any prospect in the 2022 draft. Just a projection, but he is a hybrid corner/safety who can flip and do both, which is probably why he plays in more zone, Saleh uses him as a money playmaker. Derwin James can sometimes cover WR’s but not #1’s like Sauce, mostly just TE’s (like Kelsey, watch Sunday night) and more around line of scrimmage, Gardner do both but with his speed/range want him helping out on the back-end. That’s big reason Jets D is too 10.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
From a strictly draft evaluation standpoint, especially for a top 5 draft prospect I’m shooting for the highest ceiling even if I don’t have a clue what that could ultimately wind up being, that’s just a projection. Gardner, for his position had the highest ceiling of any prospect in the 2022 draft. Just a projection, but he is a hybrid corner/safety who can flip and do both, which is probably why he plays in more zone, Saleh uses him as a money playmaker. Derwin James can sometimes cover WR’s but not #1’s like Sauce, mostly just TE’s (like Kelsey, watch Sunday night) and more around line of scrimmage, Gardner do both but with his speed/range want him helping out on the back-end. That’s big reason Jets D is too 10.
If that's your opinion there is nothing wrong with that. And nothing wrong in supporting Stingley because he's a Texan. I just don't agree with ignoring the hype that Gardner gets because he's in New York. He wouldn't get the same hype or look as good if he played here in Lovie's scheme

beerlover

Hall of Fame
If that's your opinion there is nothing wrong with that. And nothing wrong in supporting Stingley because he's a Texan. I just don't agree with ignoring the hype that Gardner gets because he's in New York. He wouldn't get the same hype or look as good if he played here in Lovie's scheme
National Media is terrible, NY the worst. At least the Astros won the World Series and stuck it to them. Who would have suspected this much hype? He’s just a natural self made businessman, nothing wrong with that and I still enjoy the Manning ads even though I hated him in Indy, especially facing Texans.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
National Media is terrible, NY the worst. At least the Astros won the World Series and stuck it to them. Who would have suspected this much hype? He’s just a natural self made businessman, nothing wrong with that and I still enjoy the Manning ads even though I hated him in Indy, especially facing Texans.
Exactly!

Texansballer74

The Marine
If someone posts only in one thread isn't it kinda obvious?
Who is only posting in one thread. 76 and Tex who are dominating the conversation/ debate in this thread are on other threads as well. So what exactly are you talking about here JB.

Texansballer74

The Marine
We don’t know that. The Jaguars wasn’t good and Ramsey got all kinds of media love. His physical brand of play help and his swagger put the highlights on him. Stingley is pretty quiet even after he make a big play. While Sauce is out there hyped after a big play and he’s trash talking out there too. It also helps that his team in winning.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So can Stingley.

Although at draft time Sauce was the cleaner prospect, which is why I wanted Caserio to pick Sauce.