Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Demeco Ryans’ Staff

Do y’all think any of these guys may be a guy that Caserio has put forth as someone of interest? Like that guy from Cincinnati? The people that DeMeco has worked with in the past make sense but the guy from Cincinnati is someone that makes me scratch my head wondering the connection with DeMeco.

Not if you have been watching the Bengals as of late. AFC title games? Super Bowl? If the OC isn't the one calling the plays or installing the system then ok. But, he is. So, why would Meco NOT want to snag him? True, he may only be here, if hired, for a few years. Seeing he may very well be a HC candidate soon if he can keep it up

Corrosion and I are both hearing that Eagles OC Shane Steichen is being sought by the Texans for OC/assistant HC (since it would be considered a promotion). In my opinion, this would indeed be a true coup if it comes to be. But with any significant success, he could soon be lost to future HC candidacy.
Where are you hearing this? Do you have a link?

• Sad
Reactions: JB
Corrosion and I are both hearing that Eagles OC Shane Steichen is being sought by the Texans for OC/assistant HC (since it would be considered a promotion). In my opinion, this would indeed be a true coup if it comes to be. But with any significant success, he could soon be lost to future HC candidacy.

If true, it seems to narrow the list of QB prospects quite a bit, assuming they intend to draft a QB, and that they'd want someone with a skill set similar to Hurts.

I'm for it. And maybe Richardson in this scenario?

My dream is Steichen and Demeco.. best for both sides of ball. Steichens has developed Hurts greatly.

I would be ecstatic with this if it comes to fruition. That offense is just nasty and they are VERY well coached. We don't have the talent to duplicate it, but we would be a hell of a lot better.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I would be ecstatic with this if it comes to fruition. That offense is just nasty and they are VERY well coached. We don't have the talent to duplicate it, but we would be a hell of a lot better.

And any rookie will benefit.

Dear baby Jesus. I know you are busy with earthquakes, lightening strikes on bad people, and volcanoes, but if you could make this happen, I would be grateful. Amen.

I would be very happy as well but we would need a plan in place to replace him immediately because if we have a good year offensively with him at the helm he’s a head coach in 2024 100%.

At least with Slowik you’d probably get 2-3 years out of him before he gets hired away

I would be very happy as well but we would need a plan in place to replace him immediately because if we have a good year offensively with him at the helm he’s a head coach in 2024 100%.

At least with Slowik you’d probably get 2-3 years out of him before he gets hired away
Also not in a snarky way but are Corrosion and CloakNDagger in some way shape or form connected to the Texans or is this like “my buddy’s friend works in IT at NRG and that’s what he heard”.

Again not to be snarky just new here

This is a true issue as well. If we hire him, and he gets the offense clicking and looking great. We could lose him in say 2 to 3 years max. Making a likely (via the draft) QB and offense learn a new system. Causing us to not be as good for a season as the team learns the new OCs system. True, an assistant coach on offense promoted to OC in the event he was hired as a HC might keep a very similar system. That situation could work well

I don't know, maybe you could get a handshake agreement not to leave before two years? Does a person's word mean anything these days?

It would be amazing if they could make this happen, but I'm not sure I can see what motivation there is for Steichen to make the move.
In the short term, it's technically a promotion and I'm sure it would be a nice salary increase but I don't feel like it puts him in a better position to eventually get a HC gig.

If the Texans offense is bad, it could decrease his attractiveness as a HC candidate.
I don't see the risk/reward ratio favoring him in this scenario

It would be amazing if they could make this happen, but I'm not sure I can see what motivation there is for Steichen to make the move.
The only thing I can think of is that Steichen wants to work under a defensive head coach. Which would prove the offensive success is under his control. Also that whatever QB development that happens with the Texans was under his guidance.

Still, it's hard to believe it would happen. Not so hard to believe Steichen would consider it.

Also not in a snarky way but are Corrosion and CloakNDagger in some way shape or form connected to the Texans or is this like “my buddy’s friend works in IT at NRG and that’s what he heard”.

easy research for you to review and really good info.

I don't know, maybe you could get a handshake agreement not to leave before two years? Does a person's word mean anything these days?
As many coaches and others in non sports agreements have proven a handshake means only that a handshake was done. Old timers joke from back when people often used hand signals from vehicle window to indicate their decisions: "the only thing known for certain when a woman has her hand out window; the window is open." She could be air drying finger nails, hand riding the wind or pointing to something..

As many coaches and others in non sports agreements have proven a handshake means only that a handshake was done. Old timers joke from back when people often used hand signals from vehicle window to indicate their decisions: "the only thing known for certain when a woman has her hand out window; the window is open." She could be air drying finger nails, hand riding the wind or pointing to something..
Back in the jurassic, when I took driver's ed, hand signals were still being taught.

I barely see people with their windows down even on mild day like today...pretty sure this went with rotary phone

I love riding with my windows down. Unfortunately doing it on the highway is bad for the hearing (in your left ear mainly) over long drives. I didn't know that until it was too late

CnD and Corrosion are about as connected as one can be. Their info is not pie-n-the-sky if that is what you mean. Are they Schefter, Rapopolo, and Glazer? No, they are not but they are not too far behind.

Steichen on staff sounds great. But case of too good to be true. After SB we shall see if we can get him (or Brian Johnson) so soon enough!

Reactions: JB
I barely see people with their windows down even on mild day like today...pretty sure this went with rotary phone
You remember the little triangle windows in front of the front window. You could crank them out just a little and the air flow would bypass your open window. I sure wish we still had those so the down front window would be more comfortable to use without the rush of air coming in.

Windows down, seat as far back as it would go and the radio cranked as loud as it would go. Smokey crooning " cruising is made for love.."

If only I didnt know now what I didn't know then as Bob Seeger sang. Short years later, draft notice by army, enlisted USMC instead. Married out of bootcamp wondering not if but when orders for Viet Nam would arrive. They did but i didn’t have to go.

Glory days, Bruce? Not for me.

Back to football and better thoughts. Making new memories to erase the old.

You remember the little triangle windows in front of the front window. You could crank them out just a little and the air flow would bypass your open window. I sure wish we still had those so the down front window would be more comfortable to use without the rush of air coming in.
Now I am missing the 4 convertibles I have owned.

Back