Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Demeco Ryans’ Staff

I didn't understand what you were going on about. And i wasn't the only one. But especially considering I didn't 'castigate' anyone.

Is English your second language? Perfectly ok if it is of course, just curious..
A great example of my post above.

Slowik OC, Burke DC, Ross ST

Not much beyond coach speak. But I will say that I can’t help but think Frank Ross is a future HC. I know it is a harder track from ST background but he just has the “it” factor. A natural on the podium, you see him interacting with all units on game day. I think it’s just a matter of time before he is recognized and poached away.

DeMeco Ryans inherited a Texans mess. Will he be the coach who turns things around?

INDIANAPOLIS — With the spotlight trained squarely on him as he addressed a sea of reporters at last week’s NFL Scouting Combine, DeMeco Ryans looked like a symbol of hope for the Houston Texans.
Much maligned after three straight double-digit losing seasons and a dizzying carousel at head coach, the Texans need every dose of fresh air the former middle linebacker and one-time franchise cornerstone has offered in the month since his hiring as head coach.

As he shared his philosophy on coaching, leadership, team building and his outlook for the immediate and long-term future, Ryans seemed to have all of the right answers. That was also true the past two seasons, when he was defensive coordinator for the San Francisco 49ers.

After wrapping up a 10-year career that featured a Rookie of the Year campaign, two Pro Bowl selections and an All-Pro season, Ryans in 2017 embarked on what has represented a meteoric rise through the coaching ranks. He needed just five seasons to go from entry-level assistant, to position coach, to coordinator, to head coach — unheard of for a Black man coaching in the NFL. Now, the Texans hope they can hitch their wagons to Ryans (a Houston second-round pick in 2006) and that he can bring them along as he continues his climb.

If all of the praises heaped on Ryans from former teammates, associates and players previously in his care are accurate, he should deliver.

Those close to the 38-year-old Ryans describe him as masterful in the way he connects with players and motivates, excellent as a communicator and visionary, detail oriented as a teacher, and unflinching and inspiring as a leader. Those qualities and traits seemingly should translate into greatness as an NFL head coach. But is Ryans good enough to overcome the many obstacles that have littered the Texans’ path in recent years and break the franchise’s long-running cycle of poor decision-making and futility?

The Texans certainly need the answer to be yes. The results will hinge on Ryans’ ability to take the strengths that he displayed as a coordinator and scale them for the grand operation of reviving an entire franchise.
THE REST OF THE STORY

*THE FOLLOWING POSTS ARE TRANSCRIPTIONS OF THE TEXANS PRESS CONFERENCE.

HEAD COACH DEMECO RYANS
Will you call the defensive plays?

“We’re still going through that process right now. Haven’t decided that just yet, but Matt (Burke) is very capable of calling defenses. He’s done it before. He’s knowledgeable of our scheme and how we want to play, so I’m very confident in Matt calling the plays as well.”
How did you approach the process of selecting your coaching staff?
“I’m very excited about the coaches that we were able to hire. Starting with Bobby Slowik as our offensive coordinator, Bobby is a tremendous coach. He’s one of the smartest coaches I’ve been around. He’s always looking to grow and looking to learn more. Bobby has helped me as a coach grow. I’m very excited to see Bobby get with our players. Guys are going to be fired up. He brings great energy. He’s a great teacher. The guys he’s been around, they love him. Then on the defensive side, adding Matt Burke. Another guy who is a passionate coach and a really great teacher, energetic, a very knowledgeable coach. I’m excited what he can do, what he can bring to our team. I think the guys are going to love him. Then on the special teams front, with Frank Ross being there. The special teams did an awesome job in previous years here, so to keep him in place and keep some continuity there with our special teams. He’s teaching the same style that I want to play on offense and defense. It’s an aggressive, attacking style and I’m fired up to have Frank as well.”
How has your working relationship been with GM Nick Caserio?
“It’s been awesome working with Nick (Caserio). We hit the ground running. There haven’t been many breaks or much rest. We’ve hit the ground running and Nick is awesome to work with. Nick is a very knowledgeable guy and I’m happy to be a part of a team that has a GM in place who has so much experience. A guy that I can bounce ideas off of. He’s seen it done many ways and seen a lot of different players. Just having his knowledge and his experience has really been very beneficial to me. I’m excited to work with Nick. It’s been a very smooth transition, a smooth process. Communication has been awesome working with Nick. We see the game the same way, which is great. We see the game the same way and see players the same. It will be really nice to continue to work with him.”
What is the coaching staff doing back in Houston right now?
“Our coaches are back. They are going through their scheme. Coaches are implementing schemes on the offensive and defensive side. They’re going through scheme work, but they are also evaluating free agents in the process as well. We’ve talked about our profile of players that we look for. We went through that process. Offensively and defensively, we know the type of guys that we’re looking for. Our coaches are just combing through to make sure. There are a lot of great free agents out there, but every free agent isn’t for us. We want to make sure we get guys who are scheme fits and guys who fit exactly what we want them to do.”
How does your staff approach the process of evaluating free agents and players you have coached before?
“We’ll see how the process goes and see how it fits. We have some good players there in San Francisco. We’ll see. You have guys that you know. It’s easier to work with guys you know, but it’s all about finding the right guys for the Texans. That’s what we’ll do throughout this process.”
How will the Texans approach the quarterback position?
“We have one quarterback on our roster, so we have to add at that position. We’ll do it through free agency and the Draft. We have to add two guys to our roster, so looking to find the best guys that we can have. There’s a good group of quarterbacks in free agency and in the Draft.”
What do you make of the team’s record in recent years?
“It’s one day at a time. I’m not really focused on what happened in the past but where we are right now moving forward with our organization. I feel really good about the staff we have in place. I feel good about our process and how we’re working together to help build a successful team. What happened in the past is the past, but we are moving forward with what we have right now.”
How do you relate to players?
“I think I relate to guys because I’ve been in these guys’ shoes. I’ve played the game. I’ve been here through this Combine process. I’ve played the game and played at a high level. I understand what players go through. Not only on the field, but it’s off the field where guys are pulled in a lot of different directions. I understand that for you to be able to be a good coach, you have to be able to connect with guys. It’s not just about telling guys what to do. It’s being on that level with the guys where they have a true mutual respect for you. Guys truly feel that I have their best interest at heart. That’s the only thing I care about, is developing great men on the field and off the field. I’m indebted to those guys. I want to see them be as successful as possible, see them create great lives for their families moving forward. That’s my connection with players.”
What do you remember when looking back at your career, and how did that experience shape you as a coach?
“Looking back at my career, I had a good run playing. I had a lot of fun playing this game. Built a lot of great relationships with a lot of great teammates, great coaches. That’s helped me through this process of where I am now, understanding that you build a team by as many different people coming from different diverse backgrounds, and you can always learn from other people. That’s kind of helped shape me to where I am now. Making sure I’m in a position to learn from very different people, learn from as many people as possible to help us be as best we can as an organization.”
When evaluating quarterbacks, do you evaluate them based on their experience or the system they play in?
“I think when you’re evaluating quarterbacks, different quarterbacks can do a lot of different things. I think the system is built around the quarterback as opposed to trying to fit a quarterback into a certain system. It’s all about the player that you have, not only a quarterback, but a receiver. What does that guy do well? Linebackers, what do they do well? As coaches, you put guys in positions to be successful. It’s not about a system per say. It’s about just making sure that a player has the right tools and you’re putting him in a spot where he can thrive.”
As a coach with the San Francisco 49ers, what did you learn from the organization and from HC Kyle Shanahan?
“Being with the 49ers, I couldn’t have asked for a better start on a coaching journey. Kyle (Shanahan) has been outstanding to my development as a coach. He gave me an opportunity as a QC (quality control coach) to come in and just truly learn what coaching is all about. I thought I knew. I thought I could just come in, just start coaching right off the bat. I’m very thankful for Kyle teaching me that you can’t miss steps. You have to go through every step if you want to be a great coach. Going through that QC phase, the linebacker coach, hitting every step, that was the most important thing I could have done to allow me to be in a position I am right now. Definitely thankful for Kyle, thankful for John (Lynch) and the 49ers for the opportunities that they provided me, being able to move up in a first-class organization and everything that they’ve done with the 49ers. I wish those guys nothing but the best.”
What did you learn from your relationship with 49ers GM John Lynch and HC Kyle Shanahan?
“I learned from John (Lynch) and Kyle (Shanahan) that to do things and to be successful in this league, it’s all about collaboration. It’s about putting egos to the side. It’s about truly working together. GM, head coach, but also coaching staff, scouting staff. It’s everybody being together. Everybody’s opinion matters. Making sure everybody is inclusive of what we’re trying to do and the players we’re trying to bring in. That is definitely a style that myself and Nick (Caserio), that’s how we operate. We’re meeting every morning, making sure we’re on the same page. Making sure our coaches, our scouting department, everybody is on the same page. Everybody is in collaboration to make sure we can be our best.”
What did you learn from the 2017 season with the 49ers when QB Jimmy Garoppolo stepped in?
“2017, it was a rough year there. We started I think 0-9 that year. You saw when we acquired Jimmy (Garoppolo) and towards the end of the year you saw the quarterback came in and we won five-straight games to end the season because we added a very talented guy at the quarterback position. It just teaches you that when you do have a bona fide quarterback, it helps you win games, helps you be successful.”
Can you talk about the player evaluation process and getting the right fit for the team?
“In the player acquisition phase, whether it’s free agency or whether it’s Draft, to me, it’s all about building a profile of what you’re looking for and also finding guys who fit, and understanding a guy could be a great player but how does he fit into your philosophy or how you want to play football. It’s all about finding the right guys in free agency or the Draft. It’s about getting to know the player. I can appreciate talented guys, but I truly want to know the character of a guy of who we’re bringing into our team. If you have the right man, we’ll have the right player. I don’t want to go through that process backwards just because a guy is a great player, if I can’t talk to this guy and understand who he is as a man and what are his goals, what does he aspire (to), what drives him, what is his why. That weighs heavier on me than actual talent of a player.”
What is your impression on Georgia DL Jalen Carter?
“I have not spent time with him.”
What is your reaction to the Jalen Carter news story that was reported today?
“Don’t know much about the situation. What I would say about it is lives were lost. You just think about those families who lost a loved one and you put that at the forefront. That’s the most important thing.”
How do you evaluate the later round talent in the Draft?
“With the later round talent, that’s where I get the most excited about the Draft. The earlier guys they kind of separate themselves and that’s easy to see. But, where you find value is those fifth, sixth round, seventh round, those picks right there. For me, that’s where you dig in and have to truly see what redeeming qualities does that guy have, whether it’s speed, physicality, great hands. Whatever that redeeming quality is, can you see something in a kid that you can help him develop and become better? That’s where for the 49ers, a guy like Dre Greenlaw, being able to get him late and now to see him play at an All-Pro level. I really pride myself on helping develop him. Azeez Al-Shaair, an undrafted free agent, seeing a physical guy, smart player and being able to help him thrive and develop, those are the guys I truly get excited about late in the Draft.”
How would you describe your teaching method?
“There are different ways to teach different guys because all guys learn differently. I think the best way to teach guys is by allowing them to teach you. Whatever I say to guys or coach a technique, if a player can relay it back to me, if a player can teach me, that’s how you judge yourself as a teacher. If he can teach it back to you in the proper way, that’s how you can judge yourself as a teacher.”
Going back to the 49ers, what was your relationship like with Titans GM Ran Carthon?
“My relationship with Ran Carthon, we have a great relationship. Our families are really close. Ran is a great friend, a great mentor to me. I know Ran will be an awesome GM for the Titans because first and foremost he’s a great man. Ran is very relatable, very personable. Everybody is Ran’s best friend. He can connect with anyone. He always has a big smile on his face. Ran knows talent. Ran knows how to evaluate talent, and working with him, we were constantly talking about different players, who we would acquire, who we wouldn’t acquire. There were a lot of conversations over the years with Ran. I am pulling for Ran to do an outstanding job except for two games out of the year. It’ll be fun competing against him.”
What is the aspect of coaching you enjoy the most?
“It’s connecting with players. It’s about inspiring guys, seeing guys grow and develop. That’s what drives me as a coach, to see a guy change the trajectory of his family by going out and playing football.”

Last edited:
OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR BOBBY SLOWIK
Opening Statement

“I’m really excited to get this thing going, hit the ground running get together with everybody and see what we can do.
Wanted to thank Nick (Caserio) the Houston (Texans) organization, the McNairs, DeMeco Ryans, all the coaches we’ve
put together here, the players we’re going to go with, really for this opportunity. I wanted to make sure I gave a shoutout
to the San Francisco 49ers. Kyle Shanahan, John Lynch, everybody in the organization, they’ve done a lot for me and
that’s why I’m here, so excited to get moving.”
What’s your philosophy on the quarterback position?
“There’s a lot that goes into that. It’s not about one position. It’s the whole unit and how it all fits together. We kind of
take a top-down view. How we see everything working together it’s that were an offense built on precession and
everybody working together in unison, on time, in rhythm. That’s the starting point. It’s not any one given position. We
see how it all fits.”
With multiple players out last year, how were you able to get your players ready to play to their strengths?
“It really helped us learn at every position how important depth is, how important it is that you have more than one
guy. You have people you believe that can have come in, fill a role, develop in what we believe and what we want to do
going forward and step in and not miss a beat, keep moving. Again, this is the top-down view, but we view that
everywhere. Not only at quarterback, we had some situations at running back, we had some situations at tackle, we
had some situations at wide receiver through our six years in San Francisco, and that really helped us solidify what we’re
looking for, specific things we think can step in and fill a void if we have one and really not miss a beat.”
You have some former offensive coordinators on staff, what type of offense are you trying to build?
“Bill Lazor and Shane Day are massive additions. Shane is someone who I really have a relationship with, I’ve spent a lot
of time with. We were together for two years in San Francisco, and we’ve talked a lot since then. He knows what I am
trying to do as far as scheme goes, we can speak the same language as far as football terminology goes, and it’s helpful
to have someone with you that you can leave the room and you know what you’re saying is being repeated in the same
way you say it. I’m really excited to get back to work with Shane. Bill is someone that has been around, I’ve heard his
name. He’s been in the NFL a long time. He’s coached a really long time, and I’ve had a lot of conversations with him
before he came here. We got a bond, connection and a relationship, and he’s called plays before, he’s installed schemes
before. He’s done it all, and he’s done it many different ways. Even since he’s been here, it’s been really exciting to be
able to talk and have someone who has gone through it before and eliminate the speed bumps to get you over them
that much faster. Those two are going to be really helpful. As far as our scheme, a lot of scheme, you have a system,
you have a philosophy and for us at the Texans it is the whole team. It’s not just one specific side of the ball. DeMeco
(Ryans) always say SWARM. That applies to the offense also. Everything we want starts with are we fast, are we physical,
are we tough? That, again, is when you turn on the tape on offense, that’s what you want to see. That should be the
first thing that jumps out to you. Outside of that, a lot of our scheme fits our players. How exactly that is structured is
independent of each organization and each unit, but we’re always going to work around who we have. We’re going to
make sure what they excel at, we put on tape for them and we make sure we showcase that.”
What made this the right fit for you?
“There’s a lot of exciting things going on. Obviously, I have a great relationship with DeMeco (Ryans). We came into the
NFL – I was with Washington, but I had gotten back into the NFL with San Francisco with Kyle (Shanahan), and DeMeco
came at the same time. We were in the same room together that first year in 2017 as QCs (Quality Control Coach) on
defense. He was working with Johnny Holland at the time, and I was kind of in and out with him and Robert Saleh. We
really built a bond going through that whole process, and 2017 was a tough year, 2018 was little bit of a tough year.
When you go through stuff like that and you’re always in a room with somebody, you really get to know each other
through the ups and the downs. That was No. 1, being able to be around what I consider a very, very special person and
a very special coach. On top of that, there’s a lot of exciting things at the Texans. There’s a lot of youth on the roster.
There’s some guys that can really come and play. There’s a lot of capital that you have that you can take advantage of
in the offseason to keep putting pieces together. In my conversations with Nick (Caserio), I really got excited about his
approach and how he sees the game, how he sees roster construction, and everything really together made it very
enticing.”
How did your time at Pro Football Focus help your coaching path?
“That was definitely unique. I don’t think there’s many coaches that went that direction. I learned a lot in my time there.
They have phenomenal people at Pro Football Focus. They do things a very certain way, and they almost tried to take
what I was used to watching as far as subjectivity and objectivity and flipped it on its head. I learned a lot. There are
many different ways to look at the game. There are many different ways to break it down. A lot of different angles you
can take as far as how you splice it up. It was beneficial to me getting a different vantage point. I always think different
versions of information is helpful. It kind of helps shape who you are as a coach and as a person.”
What is the identity of your offense, and can a rookie quarterback start in your offense?
“As far as our identity, I kind of already hit it. Fast, physical, tough. It all kind of starts form there. We always said this
when I was at San Francisco, and I believe this to my core, if you get in a room when you’re by yourself and you turn on
our film, our character should show through when you watch our offense. I believe that was true when we were in San
Francisco and that’s going to be true here. When you get in a room by yourself and you turn on what we call the silent
tape, you’re going to feel a team that’s very aggressive, that’s fast, that’s decisive, there’s not hesitation, everyone
knows what we’re doing, and we enjoy playing the game. Overall, that’s really what we want to do on offense and that
starts scheme-wise, making sure everyone is on the same page, and putting our guys in the best positions to do what
they do best by taking advantage of their strengths. I would point to the end of last year. Unfortunately, we had to go
through three quarterbacks last year, but we had ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ (Brock Purdy) who did one heck of a job playing for us
in San Francisco by taking us all the way to the NFC Championship game. I think how you structure the entire thing,
offense, that includes defense, that includes special teams, everything plays a hand in how it all goes together.”
Kyle Shanahan said he had the best season he'd ever had as a coach on offense, and it wasn't a coincidence
that you played the biggest role you've played. What was your role, and considering how much he praised
you what do you think about that?

“That means a lot to me. I got in the NFL from Mike Shanahan. My dad was a coach. He was a coach for a long time in
the NFL, still coaches, loves it. I kind of grew up around the game. I didn’t really get a shot to coach as a career until
Mike Shanahan brought me in. That went then to Kyle (Shanahan). I had been on defense for a long time, and Kyle had
always wanted me to come to offense and eventually he convinced me to pull the trigger to jump over to the other side
of the ball. The amount of learning I went through, the growth, how much he helped bring me along, how much he
challenged me, it was not easy in the right way. It was not easy to work for him. You grow. You learn a lot. You become
a better coach and you become a better person. I can’t tell you how thankful I am to the Shanahan family for allowing
that to happen and really bringing me up and allowing me to do that. As far as last year is concerned, every year as a
team, as a scheme, you wind up evolving and growing as the year goes. Kyle had a belief that it always is evolving.
Always, it never stops. That’s through the offseason. That’s through in season as well. Last year, the way our team
gelled, our coaching staff gelled – it took a little while. We had a lot of new faces on our coaching staff last year. Once
it started rolling, we were able to take our offense and the team in a lot of cool directions that we really hadn’t done
before. It was really, really exciting.”
What was your father’s influence on you and what are some of the things you can took away from his experience?
“A lot. As you can imagine, my father instilled a lot of values in me, starting with faith, then family, then to football. We
believe that very, very strongly, always in that order. He was a phenomenal, phenomenal teacher, and he is to this day.
I would say one of the things he was most proud of in coaching and what he enjoyed doing the most was just teaching
men, allowing them to develop as players, develop as people in and out of the game. To watch that interaction, I was
fortunate enough to be in the same position room as him for my first two years in the NFL. To watch how he did it, and
a lot of times how similar we were and in many other aspects how different we were was a really, really neat experience
for me.”
What is your evaluation of some of the personnel on the offensive side of the ball?
“We have a very young group. We’ve got guys that are athletic, that can move, that can play the game and we think we
can help develop and take another step. Obviously, you’ve got two tackles already on the roster. We’ve got some guys
at receiver. Davis Mills is already on the roster. We’ve got Dameon Pierce. There’s a lot of tools that we can work with
and start to put this thing together. The same on the defensive side of the ball. When you start see it all come together
and everything is fast, physical and tough, it gets really exciting.”
Why do you feel like you’re ready to call the offense?
“Referencing back to really working for Kyle (Shanahan), being a lot around a lot of guys that have grown to be
coordinators, grown to be head coaches. When we were in Washington, Sean McVay was there, Matt LaFleur was there,
Kyle was there. I was around those guys all the time. We’re not the same age, but we’re fairly similar. Even when I went
to San Francisco, Mike McDaniel, Mike LaFleur, seeing how they did it, and then getting in a position where a lot of the
responsibilities of what I already had to do working with Kyle because as a head coach you get pulled in a million
different ways. I had Chris Foerster, Brian Fleury, to help me out as I was going through the process. Kyle made sure you
were ready when it was your time. He put a lot on you in a good way. He would make sure you were seeing the game
he saw. If you weren’t, you would have a conversation, we’d talk about it and it really enabled you to grow as a coach,
which I was very fortunate to be in that spot.”
What did you think of DeMeco in 2017 and what are your impressions of him becoming a head coach? What kind of
relationship do you guys have on and off the field?

“When I first met him, I didn’t know him at any level. We had never had a conversation. We first got in the room
together, and I knew who he was as a player. I remember when he was at Alabama. I remember when we was here in
Houston and when he went to Philadelphia I respected him a great deal as a football player. I was not sure what I was
going to get when we started a conversation. Immediately when you start talking to him you feel energy. You feel juice.
You feel a guy who is excited to be there, excited to live, excited to a part of something where there is competition at
stake. That really inspires you. As you talk to him more, you start to realize we have very similar values. We have very,
very similar football opinions and outlooks as far as how we see that game, how we approach the game, how we
approach teaching. That’s kind of where it started to take off as far as the relationship goes. We had a lot of similarities,
and it was really fun going back and forth. We were in a room together. The linebacker coach, Johnny Holland, was
DeMeco’s mentor as far as a coach when he was here in Houston and same developing as a coach on defense. He did
the same for me. All three of us together was a really fun experience.”
Do you have interest in QB Jimmy Garoppolo? How do you and DeMeco approach going to Pro Days and pursuing
quarterbacks?

“Both of those questions can kind of be answered the same way. We have a process in everything we go through and
that’s roster construction as far as free agency, as far as guys we already have here, as far as the draft. Everything
together, we have a process we go through. Jimmy (Garoppolo) is obviously part of that process. He’s going to be a free
agent. We grind through that as a coaching staff. We grind through that in the personnel department. We have
conversations. I’ve had conversations with Nick (Caserio). He has conversations with DeMeco (Ryans). Then, Nick and
DeMeco put their heads together and lay out a plan of what we want to do going forward and we’ll see where that
takes us.”

DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR MATT BURKE
Opening Statement

“I’m excited to be here. I’m excited to get to know all of you guys. It’s been a cool first month getting to work here and
getting to know the people and the place. I just want to say thanks to DeMeco (Ryans) and Nick (Caserio) and the
McNairs for giving me this opportunity. I’m excited to get to work.”
What was the experience with DL J.J. Watt like when you surprised him with a retirement video?
“First of all, I want to say those are your words not mine about bawling like a baby. I spent the year with J (J.J. Watt)
and then obviously when the news came out about him hanging it up and what he wanted to do. I got close to him in
the short time I was with him in the year I was there. I felt responsible for shepherding him out the right way and wanted
to do something special for him. Just getting to know J over that time, he’s got all of the accolades, you guys know as
well as I do all the stuff that he’s accomplished and what he’s been through. Getting to know J, it was about the people
for him and the connections he made through his time, the people that covered him, some of you had the opportunity
to do that, and played with and played against and competed against. I just thought that would be a cool message for
him to send him out to. I hope he’s thankful for that. It sounds like he is. It was a cool opportunity. I’ve been in the
league for 20 years now, and you don’t get a lot of opportunities to work with guys like that, that level of player at that
timeframe of his career. It was a cool experience for me.”
What went into the evaluation of this job and the personnel on the team?
“At the starting point and through this hiring process, I would just say DeMeco’s (Ryans) vision and mine lined up in
terms of how we see defense being played. We want to be aggressive and have an attack front. I have a history in that
front and what DeMeco did in San Francisco. At the end of the day, my job is to try to help him execute his vision for
what he wants. I think the attraction coming here is that there are already some pieces on defense that we like and
we’re looking forward to working with. We’re still in the process of getting to know those players. They’re just starting
to come back to work out some of the guys, and we’re bumping in to some of them around here. Just foundationally,
we’re exciting with some of the pieces that fit what we’re looking to do. We’re going to be an aggressive attack front
and try to get these guys getting off the ball and try to dictate a little bit instead of being reactionary on defense.”
What from your experience coaching under Jim Schwartz have you learned when it comes to coaching defense? As a
former defensive line coach, what do you want to focus on there with this team?

“Jim (Schwartz) has been a mentor to me and really gave me my start in the league. I learned a lot from him, and I would
say the foundation of what I do is based off what I learned from him. We were apart for five or six years, and really for
me just getting exposed to some other stuff there. In Cincinnati, the (Mike) Zimmer system and what they were playing
there. Moving to Miami with Vance (Joseph) and some of his cover stuff. You start taking all of that stuff. Obviously all
of us have experiences, and you try to learn and grow from different places, different people you meet and different
philosophies. I would just say personally the biggest change or growth for me in my career was moving to defensive
line. I had been a linebacker coach for a long time and then the coordinator stint and then came back and started
coaching D-line. It was a different perspective and having to relate to a different set of players and look at things from
a different lens really for me changed I don’t know my career path, but that was the biggest growth I saw for me. The
year I made the move to D-line was in Philadelphia in 2020. We had Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham. It was a serious
crew. I had to get up to speed pretty quick and be able to get up in front of the room and coach those guys and talk to
them. It was kind of a pretty big learning curve for me. Honestly, it sort of changed the last four or five years of my
career. I would say that is where I had the biggest growth of having to completely change positions and get into a
different room. I had familiarity with the scheme and front, but having to coach those guys and detail that out really
changed for me. I have a different lens at looking at the front, so I would say that has been a big curve for me.”
In a league where the passing game continues to increase in importance, is it still important to have a focus on rushing
attacks in a division with talented running backs?

“Passing games have become prominent in the league. As a baseline philosophy, we all believe that if you can get after
the pass with a four-man rush and not have to commit extra resources to that so your coverage elements can stay pure,
that’s the best thing. Putting resources into the defensive line and having guys that can attack up there. Again, if you
don’t have that D-line that you have to start adding pieces to the rush, to the pressure part, now you are taking away
from the coverage. I’m biased because that’s been my world for a long time. This defense and this scheme starts up
front. The more you can rush the passer with four and attack those guys and get after it, that takes the pressure off of
the back end with some of those coverage elements you are talking about.”
In terms of defensive linemen, what do you see in the current draft and free agency class?
“We’re obviously sort of undergoing that process right now of free agency, draft, getting to really learn those guys. I’ll
have to defer that question to Nick (Caserio) to some extent, but I think there’s a lot of options. I think there’s just a lot
of depth across the league in terms of free agency and the Draft. I would just say in general the biggest thing for us is
there’s not a lot of teams the play that style we’re going to ask these guys to play. So there’s going to be a lot of project
for us. Our task is to really dig into these guys, whether it’s draft of free agency and sort of project them into the schemes
and techniques we’re asking these guys to play. Can they have success doing that? That’s what we’re undergoing right
now. As we sort of watch our scheme stuff – we’re doing half scheme, half free agency and draft stuff right now – I think
that’s the biggest task. When we talk scheme it’s, ‘hey, these are the things that we’re going ask these guys to do.’ Not
just up front, but all of these positions. ‘Alright, what are we asking our linebackers to do? What are we asking our
corners to do? What are we asking our ends to do?’ Then finding guys who can do those tasks and do them at a high
level. That’s the task we are sort of undertaking right now.”
Does your coaching background make you feel ready for this role now?
“All of us ironically talk about how this is the only profession where experience is looked on as a bad thing. I’ve had a
lot of experience. This will be my 20th season in the league coming up. Credit to DeMeco (Ryans) in the staff he put
together. I think one of his goals was really to put people from different backgrounds and people with different
experience levels and try to bring different viewpoints and visions into this staff here. I’m hoping that my experiences
and what I’ve gone through at two different positions and a coordinator stint, different schemes, I bring a lot to the
table to contribute to that process. That’s kind of my approach there.”
What kind of players do you want to make up this defense?
“As a starting point, we want smart, tough, physical players. The league has become a little bit of a space league, so you
want guys that can play in space and operate in space, whether that’s linebacker that can run with some over route and
cover some stuff or defense ends that can close from the edge. You start with DeMeco’s (Ryans) philosophy, which is
bringing in good people, the right type of people for this organization and this program. On the field we want smart,
tough, fast guys that can play physical and play in space for us.”
What was it like climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, as well as the time you spent in Uganda?
“That was the same trip for me. I actually had a former player, Dillon Gandy who is a Texas Tech guy and played for us
in Detroit. Myself and one other coach went over there. They were working to help build an orphanage and school
system that had a hospital and the whole thing in Uganda. I did that for about a week. I was in Uganda onsite living at
this little school essentially, helping to build roads and do some stuff there. That really started from Dillon, and he tied
a couple of us in. It was a really cool experience, getting to be part of that and being there for that and sort of feel like
you’re contributing to something. Then I flew to Tanzania and spent eight days their hiking Kili (Mount Kilimanjaro). It
was probably the most challenging adventure I’ve done. I did a different route. I did six days to summit and then two
days back down, so it was a challenging eight day stretch for me. The most challenging but most rewarding experience
I’ve had in all of my adventures. It was something.”
How did you feel when you reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro?
“It’s the only time in all of my travels I got altitude sickness. On the third day, I was probably at about 14,000 feet and I
was in it. I was in the weeds. I was in my tent panicking with fever symptoms. I’m sweating, and I didn’t sleep all night.
My guide, as I was freaking out, was like ‘You’re fine. You’re fine. We’re good.’ Then the next day, I had basically hiked
from the west hiking east and went to the north of the mountain as you circumnavigate it. You hike ridges, so you get
elevation and you come back down. That’s how you climatize. So, he knew the next day we’d be dropping in a little bit,
and I was going to regulate my body. But that night I was freaking out like, ‘I can’t do this,’ and panicking. But the guide
talk me through it. He literally gave me aspirin, and I was like, ‘That’s your solution?’ He gave me a couple of aspirin,
and I was like, ‘Gosh dang man.’ I was kind of worried. Summit day you hit base camp in the afternoon, you sleep and
then you start summiting at midnight so you can get up. We crested the ridge at about 6:30 in the morning as the sun
was coming up. So, I was worried, but when we actually got to the top, I was in good shape. There were a couple of
people in my group that were struggling a little bit. I was up there taking pictures. I was so happy as I was flitting around.
The guys was literally like, ‘Hey man, we’ve got to go. The other people are having trouble breathing.’ I had my challenge
in the middle of the trip, so when I reached the summit it was a joyous thing for me. I was really blessed. It was a cool
experience. Kili is just an isolated volcano in the middle, so you can see out for days and days. It was a really unique
experience for me for sure.”
What have your interactions with HC DeMeco Ryans been like in the past, even though you have never coached
together?

“We’ve kind of been tangentially connected. We have some cross over people. (Robert) Saleh when spent some time
with him and through that and some of the guys on the staff out there still. Mainly like Kris Kocurek and through J.J.
(Watt) a little bit. We’ve always had a lot of overlapping connections and in division. Just sort of reach out like that. I’ve
never spent time on a staff with DeMeco (Ryans). The connection part of it. I think both sides were telling the other
person, ‘Man, this is someone you should meet up with. You guys would really get along. Your philosophies align.’ As
we started going through this interview process, that came out for both of us. Another sidenote story – the first time
we actually sort of had a real interaction we had a Zoom interview. It was scheduled for seven oclock, and my son
actually fell and cracked his eye open, and I had to take him to the hospital to get stitches. It’s my first job interview,
and I’m texting DeMeco like, ‘Can we push this back a little bit? I’m sorry.’ Then I had this panic Zoom interview with
him, and I was two hours late for my interview. Like I said, once we got talking it was just literally everything lined up in
terms of how we see the game how we want to coach, how we want play football, how we want to play defense. Sort
of everything that everyone had been telling me about him and vice versa just started to connect and mesh. It was just
kind of cool. We spent a few days going through the process. All the checkpoints along the way we felt good about,
‘Man, this is exactly how I see things.’ It kind of lined up like that.”
How does it feel for a person like HC DeMeco Ryans to put his trust in you with this defense?
“I’m extremely appreciative for the opportunity from Meco (DeMeco Ryans). I’m excited to get to work with him. You
guys know, the through line with him from his playing time here and everything else, he’s a winner and just his approach
has been impeccable from player, coach, everything. Again, I’m here to serve him and what he wants. He’s got a lot on
his plate as a head coach and whatever I can do to help him ease the burden, that’s kind of my role. I’m thankful just
for the opportunity to get to work with him and again as we grow in our relationship in the first time we get to work
together and start sharing ideas and start building it up together. It’s cool. I’ve loved having him in the building. He’s
been sitting in meetings with us as we’ve gone through some of the scheme stuff. I’m extremely excited about the
opportunity for us to sort of learn from each other. Again, I’m here to help him any way he needs me to help him. If
that’s filling up water bottles, I’ll do that for him too.”
How have you and HC DeMeco Ryans discussed the defensive play calling duties?
“He’s the head coach, so it’s his decision. I think we’re getting to know each other through this whole process. It’s been
cool. Fortunately, my office is right next to his, right next door. I don’t put a lot of weight on any of that stuff. I’m here
to help him execute what he wants this team to be and what he wants this defense to look like. If it’s calling plays, that’s
great if it helps him be a better head coach. If he want to get his hands a little dirtier, then I’m here to help serve him
and do that. It was not really a sticking point in the process. It was more like, ‘This is how I see things. This is how I see
defenses being run and called.’ I was like, ‘I see it the same way basically.’ I think we’ll sort that out as it goes. Again,
it’s a learning process for all of us. He’s a first-time head coach, so he’s learning what he can do and what he can’t and
where he can put his energy and stuff. The whole staff and you guys can feel it’s palpable, the excitement and energy.
The entire staff is committed to DeMeco and trying to help him be the best and help this organization get there. It’s not
really an issue for me to be honest with you.”
How do you think your previous experience as a defensive coordinator will help you now in this role?
“We’d all be worse people if we didn’t learn from our mistakes or experiences. Honestly, I think when I left the (Jim)
Schwartz world and when I left Detroit and started branching out to Cincinnati and then into Miami, I think going back
to Philly after that, that was probably the biggest step in terms of reconnecting with Jim and seeing where we diverged
and tightening myself up a little bit. I think I got a little expansive if I’m being honest with you in terms of some of the
stuff I was doing. I think philosophically, it comes back to we want to put these players in the best position to execute.
Sometimes less is more and being able to do something really good and doing a couple things really good as opposed
to doing a million things. I think refocusing myself on that has been where I came away from Miami and moving
forward.”
How much did your time with Jim Schwartz and the Titans help you get to where you are today?
“I was very fortunate to get a break to get into the league. I was 27 years old and kind of randomly got a change to go
down there. I would say on a lot of levels Jeff (Fisher)had been a long-time head coach, so there was that experience. I
kind of caught the tail end of that Super Bowl team. I caught the tail end of the veteran crew of Steve (McNair), Eddie
(George), and Jevon Kearse, Kevin Carter, and also then the transition into the next phase with Vince (Young) and Chris
Johnson, defensively how move. Kind of like caught some of the veteran side of things as a young coach and rebuilding
a program after that reset. That staff had a ton of experience. I’m always thankful for Dave McGinnis. He was a
linebacker coach when I was the defensive QC (quality control coach), and he really let me be hands on and let me learn.
My office was an actual storage closet that they converted into my office, but he didn’t keep me in the closet. He let
me come out and do some drills. He didn’t have to do that. At the time, this was 20 years ago, the QC role was still
evolving into what it was. Also, I would argue two of the best line coaches in the league, Big Wash (Jim Washburn) was
the defensive line coach and Munch (Mike Munchak) was the offensive line coach. Seeing how that was built from those
guys and how those guys coached two of the most important positions on the team, that was really cool to be around.
I think elite line coaches as well. It was just a really cool immersive experience for me. I lived in there for five years of
my life.”
Have you sorted out who will call the defensive plays? What was your role as the game management coach for the
New York Jets and does that factor into responsibilities you will be given with the Texans?

“Here we haven’t gone down that path in terms of how we’re totally divvying up all that stuff. That was just kind of
came to be. I was unfortunately let go from Philly and didn’t have a job. Coach (Robert) Saleh reached out. He was
obviously a first-time head coach and wanted someone to bridge the gap between analytics and gameday management
and coaching. He sort of asked me if I would kind of help him get things up to speed in that role. It was a cool opportunity
for me. I was living in South Jersey at the time, so it was an easy transition that way. Basically, during the week I would
put together stuff, teaching tapes for the players, for the whole team. Again, I was very thankful coach Saleh gave me
the opportunity to address the whole team a couple of times a week just on situational football, stuff that’s happening
around the league, penalties, whatever it may be, two-minute stuff that came up that I could teach and educate the
team. On gamedays, I was on the headsets on both sides with him talking him through ‘Hey, we need to take a timeout
here,’ or, ‘Hey, be alert to this,’ or challenges. I’m grateful that he gave me a lot of work to do for kind of a made-up
job, just sort of plugged me in a way late. It was a great experience, really having to help him talk him through challenges
and timeouts and how to use things. ‘Hey, look out for this,’ all the end of game situation stuff, that was kind of my
world. Again, here to help DeMeco (Ryans), so if that’s something he wants me to be a part of with him and help him
as we go through that process, I’d be more than happy to because it was a great experience. Contact with the league
office on a lot of stuff, just around the league and obviously going through that season and the game situations really
helped broaden my horizon.”

SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR FRANK ROSS
Opening Statement

“Good to see you guys. Spring ball, putting a whole new staff together and excited to be a part of the 2023 Texans. I’m
one of the holdovers, fortunate to be that. I’m excited for the new adventures ahead. Got a great relationship with the
current and new Texans that are coming on board. There’s a good runway here. It’s been a tough couple of seasons,
and I want to be part of when that runway really starts to reap the benefits of the work that’s been put in and the
foundation that’s been laid. Simple as here to work. Good things may have happened from the past in the special teams
world, but we have to start new every year and start our climb. I’m here to do that, and happy to be here.”
What did it mean to you to have the best ranked special teams unit in the NFL in 2022?
“I’m proud of that. I think that’s a moving scale through, in my opinion. All I know is we didn’t return balls for
touchdowns, have some takeaways. We didn’t block a punt. We didn’t block a field goal. There’s really good and really
proud badge of honor for some of those things. Rearview mirror in a way. The first thing on my to do list is what can we
do that we haven’t been able to get done yet. There are some great building and foundation laid in guys that are
returning and schemes that have been put in. That’s awesome reward for those guys. They put the work in. So proud
of the guys, M.J. Stewart, the three specialists, Jon Weeks, Cam (Johnston), Ka’imi (Fairbairn), but Neville (Hewitt), JRM
(Jalen Reeves-Maybin), Tremon (Smith), anybody, Des (Desmond) King tackling on kickoff. Doesn’t matter what role
you’ve played, those guys earned that status. It’s 2023 now. That page has turned, and we have to find a way to get
better and sweep our corners of weaknesses.”
What does it mean to have LS Jon Weeks back in 2023?
“That guy has been outstanding, the pillar of consistency. I think you all know that. That’s more an honor on my side of
the table than it is on his. I’m just so proud to work with him. I try to run the room that you guys don’t play for me, you
don’t work for me, we work with each other. I think that was the 2021 (mentality) when I got here. That’s the new age
mentality, is we are all on a collaborative scale, and that’s how the special teams work. Input and having guys like Jon
(Weeks) that can on a daily basis use their veteran status and still adjust to whatever we’re asking him to do, show up
day in and day out and work. That’s a blessing for any coach.”
As one of the returning coaches, what were the conversations like with returning and new coaches?
“Any time there’s going to be a turnover of staff, turnover of players, the first thing is a little bit of a get to know. I would
imagine a new head football coach is going to come in and say, ‘Hey I want to get to put the best staff together.’ I just
try to put my foot forward and say, ‘This is how I see things and how I operate. Hopefully that’s a good fit for you,
coach.’ Then, we went from there. I think as far as any body that’s going to be retained at any role, doesn’t matter who
it is, what boss you’re working for, your job is to prove yourself every day. Try and live that way, try and be that way.
As we go and grow together, Coach (DeMeco) Ryans, myself, any other new coaches down the list, what can we do to
prove ourselves today, every day we walk in the building? It’s staring all ready. Free agency, draft, starting the new
playbook, whatever that might be. We’re here to work and get ourselves to be the best football team we can be when
the season rolls around.”
What are your early thoughts on HC DeMeco Ryans?
“It’s been young and fresh and great. I did keep my same office. I’ve kind of had this dorm room feel in my office. There’s
been a lot of foot traffic in there. It’s been good meeting Bobby (Slowik), Matt (Burke). Burke comes down, he’s been
raiding the energy drink cooler. It’s just been good to have new faces, build new relationships. I’m in the awkward
position that when all new coaching staffs come together and it’s a whole new build, they all come together and stay
in the hotel. Maybe their families haven’t moved here yet. Well, we’re kind of already bunkered down in Houston as a
Ross family. I’m trying to assimilate with those guys as much as I can, but so far so good. Extremely exited to work for
Coach Ryans. I know and feel what I think Houston is feeling. My next-door neighbors are asking questions. I know and
feel about him what Houston is feeling like. We got one of our own type of guys that can lead us forward. Excited as
well just as everybody else is.”
When you hear that NFL draft prospects are willing and excited to play special teams, what does that mean to you?
“I hope every player – I hope there’s a quarterback one day who wants to play special teams. The game of football in
totality is 11-on-11. It’s not one vs. one. There’s situational games within games and roles and matchups, but
everybody’s got to put their foot in. At any point in time, you become a tackler. You become a blocker. You become a
ball carrier. It doesn’t matter who you are. That’s football 101. The more players that can have that ego free (mentality),
‘I’m pigeonholed into this.’ The more players that come into our league with that mentality, and of course there’s going
to be a little bias I’m a kicking game coach, but I think that will serve you better. Whether you end up playing a snap or
not, training, the mentality, the work you put in, if you have that, I think that’s going to be great for the Texans and the
NFL in general.”
Have you sensed that there’s a buzz from the current players about HC DeMeco Ryans? What qualities do you see
about HC DeMeco Ryans that would make him a great leader?

“I hope that there is. I don’t want to speak for the players. I know that every player should be – Look, a guy that has
walked in our shoes and climbed ourselves to the top. That should be internal motivation for those guys. I don’t want
to speak for them, but I hope that’s the case. Definitely have had some good conversations, and people seem to be
pretty excited to say the least from our players perspective. I just think somebody who’s walked in their shoes can come
up and say that to them, specifically a former Texan, it’s going to carry a lot of weight and go a long way. Coach will tell
you, he just needs to make sure that the guys are all on the same page, learning together. That’s what it’s going to take
and push us forward.”

SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR FRANK ROSS
Opening Statement

“Good to see you guys. Spring ball, putting a whole new staff together and excited to be a part of the 2023 Texans. I’m
one of the holdovers, fortunate to be that. I’m excited for the new adventures ahead. Got a great relationship with the
current and new Texans that are coming on board. There’s a good runway here. It’s been a tough couple of seasons,
and I want to be part of when that runway really starts to reap the benefits of the work that’s been put in and the
foundation that’s been laid. Simple as here to work. Good things may have happened from the past in the special teams
world, but we have to start new every year and start our climb. I’m here to do that, and happy to be here.”
What did it mean to you to have the best ranked special teams unit in the NFL in 2022?
“I’m proud of that. I think that’s a moving scale through, in my opinion. All I know is we didn’t return balls for
touchdowns, have some takeaways. We didn’t block a punt. We didn’t block a field goal. There’s really good and really
proud badge of honor for some of those things. Rearview mirror in a way. The first thing on my to do list is what can we
do that we haven’t been able to get done yet. There are some great building and foundation laid in guys that are
returning and schemes that have been put in. That’s awesome reward for those guys. They put the work in. So proud
of the guys, M.J. Stewart, the three specialists, Jon Weeks, Cam (Johnston), Ka’imi (Fairbairn), but Neville (Hewitt), JRM
(Jalen Reeves-Maybin), Tremon (Smith), anybody, Des (Desmond) King tackling on kickoff. Doesn’t matter what role
you’ve played, those guys earned that status. It’s 2023 now. That page has turned, and we have to find a way to get
better and sweep our corners of weaknesses.”
What does it mean to have LS Jon Weeks back in 2023?
“That guy has been outstanding, the pillar of consistency. I think you all know that. That’s more an honor on my side of
the table than it is on his. I’m just so proud to work with him. I try to run the room that you guys don’t play for me, you
don’t work for me, we work with each other. I think that was the 2021 (mentality) when I got here. That’s the new age
mentality, is we are all on a collaborative scale, and that’s how the special teams work. Input and having guys like Jon
(Weeks) that can on a daily basis use their veteran status and still adjust to whatever we’re asking him to do, show up
day in and day out and work. That’s a blessing for any coach.”
As one of the returning coaches, what were the conversations like with returning and new coaches?
“Any time there’s going to be a turnover of staff, turnover of players, the first thing is a little bit of a get to know. I would
imagine a new head football coach is going to come in and say, ‘Hey I want to get to put the best staff together.’ I just
try to put my foot forward and say, ‘This is how I see things and how I operate. Hopefully that’s a good fit for you,
coach.’ Then, we went from there. I think as far as any body that’s going to be retained at any role, doesn’t matter who
it is, what boss you’re working for, your job is to prove yourself every day. Try and live that way, try and be that way.
As we go and grow together, Coach (DeMeco) Ryans, myself, any other new coaches down the list, what can we do to
prove ourselves today, every day we walk in the building? It’s staring all ready. Free agency, draft, starting the new
playbook, whatever that might be. We’re here to work and get ourselves to be the best football team we can be when
the season rolls around.”
What are your early thoughts on HC DeMeco Ryans?
“It’s been young and fresh and great. I did keep my same office. I’ve kind of had this dorm room feel in my office. There’s
been a lot of foot traffic in there. It’s been good meeting Bobby (Slowik), Matt (Burke). Burke comes down, he’s been
raiding the energy drink cooler. It’s just been good to have new faces, build new relationships. I’m in the awkward
position that when all new coaching staffs come together and it’s a whole new build, they all come together and stay
in the hotel. Maybe their families haven’t moved here yet. Well, we’re kind of already bunkered down in Houston as a
Ross family. I’m trying to assimilate with those guys as much as I can, but so far so good. Extremely exited to work for
Coach Ryans. I know and feel what I think Houston is feeling. My next-door neighbors are asking questions. I know and
feel about him what Houston is feeling like. We got one of our own type of guys that can lead us forward. Excited as
well just as everybody else is.”
When you hear that NFL draft prospects are willing and excited to play special teams, what does that mean to you?
“I hope every player – I hope there’s a quarterback one day who wants to play special teams. The game of football in
totality is 11-on-11. It’s not one vs. one. There’s situational games within games and roles and matchups, but
everybody’s got to put their foot in. At any point in time, you become a tackler. You become a blocker. You become a
ball carrier. It doesn’t matter who you are. That’s football 101. The more players that can have that ego free (mentality),
‘I’m pigeonholed into this.’ The more players that come into our league with that mentality, and of course there’s going
to be a little bias I’m a kicking game coach, but I think that will serve you better. Whether you end up playing a snap or
not, training, the mentality, the work you put in, if you have that, I think that’s going to be great for the Texans and the
NFL in general.”
Have you sensed that there’s a buzz from the current players about HC DeMeco Ryans? What qualities do you see
about HC DeMeco Ryans that would make him a great leader?

“I hope that there is. I don’t want to speak for the players. I know that every player should be – Look, a guy that has
walked in our shoes and climbed ourselves to the top. That should be internal motivation for those guys. I don’t want
to speak for them, but I hope that’s the case. Definitely have had some good conversations, and people seem to be
pretty excited to say the least from our players perspective. I just think somebody who’s walked in their shoes can come
up and say that to them, specifically a former Texan, it’s going to carry a lot of weight and go a long way. Coach will tell
you, he just needs to make sure that the guys are all on the same page, learning together. That’s what it’s going to take
and push us forward.”
A lot of words but not much said.

After observing the power grabbing and back stabbing of the Smith, BOB and Easterby eras, it was good to see Ryans' response to this question. Hopefully this collaborative environment will last longer than the BOB and Gaine alignment era.

What did you learn from your relationship with 49ers GM John Lynch and HC Kyle Shanahan?
“I learned from John (Lynch) and Kyle (Shanahan) that to do things and to be successful in this league, it’s all about collaboration. It’s about putting egos to the side. It’s about truly working together. GM, head coach, but also coaching staff, scouting staff. It’s everybody being together. Everybody’s opinion matters. Making sure everybody is inclusive of what we’re trying to do and the players we’re trying to bring in. That is definitely a style that myself and Nick (Caserio), that’s how we operate. We’re meeting every morning, making sure we’re on the same page. Making sure our coaches, our scouting department, everybody is on the same page. Everybody is in collaboration to make sure we can be our best.”

Back