Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substances

"puts on battle red goggles" Ok he missed all of training camp and won rookie of the year..miss 4 games...MV,,,nah I cant even finish that

Jay_Glazer

RT @bgibbs10: @Jay_Glazer Do you have a policy in place for people within your group that take PEDs?>Yup, we don't train em

Yes, livid about Cushing. Randy Couture and I have a pretty strict policy against cheaters. I need to hear from Brian b4 we make judgment

Second Honeymoon said:
this sucks

well at least the Texans were aggressive in improving the team this offseason.....oh wait, never mind

and how about Dunta turning heads in Atlanta....what a great front office we have

inactivity, complacency, and a commitment to mediocrity

Go Texans

I agree completely. You know what's pathetic we refuse to sign guys like Antonio Cromartie because of supposed "character" issues off the field but the truth is that he'll produce and play every game unless he is hurt while our star Rookie of the Year LB who was "clean enough" for Jesus McNair and Pope Kubiak will miss a QUARTER of the season for basically cheating. The Texans front office is an absurd joke. I don't care how many illegitimate kids a football player has on my team as long as we WIN.

**** "character", all I want is a PLAYOFF BERTH DAMN IT. Where is the God damned urgency in the Texans front office. This needs to be states in all caps damn it, WE ARE GOING ON YEAR 17 OF NO NFL PLAYOFFS IN HOUSTON.

Bob McNair you dumbass address that ****ing crisis NOW before worrying about getting good little Christian boys on your NFL team. What a joke.

Anybody... Anybody? Why was he allowed to play all last season?

I'd like to know the answer to that myself. What took so long for the NFL to figure this out? Perplexing.

Besides that, this is othing short of a catastrophe. And I was so hopeful about this year too.

Cmon guys, get a grip. This is not the end of our freakin season. It's 4 games against beatable opponents with or without Cushing. And people seem to forget that we have #59 anchoring the middle. You know, that guy who's also pretty decent.

If Peyton is going to beat us week 1, he would beat us regardless of who's on our defense. Not to mention we still have Pollard and Mario.

Just a question I have. Fans today are for players being allowed to use steroids I am not saying I disagree with that. But, what would that do to records from years ago for those who did not have the chance to use them? Isn't that not fair or do we just not care because they are not around anymore? Just a thought.

I mean, i am upset about this, but imagine what would happen to this board if it were Demeco or Dre that got caught for this? I think people would be in tears.

No wonder why Cushing always came back from injury so quick. We all that he was a beast, but it seems to be the steroids that made him a beast. Doesn't take away from his football instincts (which he showed were great), but hopefully his performance doesn't drop off too much.

I wonder if the Texans' front office will do something over and above what the league did..??

I mean, i am upset about this, but imagine what would happen to this board if it were Demeco or Dre that got caught for this? I think people would be in tears.

The only thing I'm upset about is he'll miss four games. Big deal he did some drugs, or maybe not. It still might be something else, you know.

Anyways, like some have moral high ground on that subject. I know I sure don't. LOL

As far as I'm concerned, Cushing still rocks. He'll just rock a little later this year.

I just don't see how steroids would alter an NFL player very significantly. It's not going to make Cushing miss tackles because he's too weak now, dude still trains like a beast. As stated he has the football instincts. I doubt this is going to drastically change the way Cushing plays football, if anything he's just going to be more pissed and prove to people that he still is a beast.

ObsiWan said:
I wonder if the Texans' front office will do something over and above what the league did..??

I hope not. What they need to do us to get him in touch with Lance Armstrong and his doctor on how to avoid getting caught using the roids. I want him on the juice even after this because I don't think he'll be the same player without them. He just needs to avoid getting caught again.

I agree completely. You know what's pathetic we refuse to sign guys like Antonio Cromartie because of supposed "character" issues off the field but the truth is that he'll produce and play every game unless he is hurt while our star Rookie of the Year LB who was "clean enough" for Jesus McNair and Pope Kubiak will miss a QUARTER of the season for basically cheating. The Texans front office is an absurd joke. I don't care how many illegitimate kids a football player has on my team as long as we WIN.

**** "character", all I want is a PLAYOFF BERTH DAMN IT. Where is the God damned urgency in the Texans front office. This needs to be states in all caps damn it, WE ARE GOING ON YEAR 17 OF NO NFL PLAYOFFS IN HOUSTON.

Bob McNair you dumbass address that ****ing crisis NOW before worrying about getting good little Christian boys on your NFL team. What a joke.

I hope that was sarcasm
or
is there something that you haven't ever liked with Bob?

you want wins and we all do , but you criticize if they are good guys or "bad" guys.. no matter what is done.

I might have to think of you as terminatorfight .. you set your goal and you don't stop not matter what

gary said:
Anyone going to reply to my qestion?

I'll take a stab. Stats and records are a HUGE part of the game and you can probably rattle some of them off like most numbers of home runs in a season.

Football is not really like this. Fans don't hold the number of rushing yards a Hall of Famer had as being special. Basically, it is not as big of a deal in football.

Anybody... Anybody? Why was he allowed to play all last season?

I'd like to know the answer to that myself. What took so long for the NFL to figure this out? Perplexing.

Besides that, this is othing short of a catastrophe. And I was so hopeful about this year too.

I'm thinking he probably flunked an end of season test, when he was battling injuries. He would have been notified probably after the B and the made his appeal in Feb.

Wolf said:
I hope that was sarcasm
or

you want wins and we all do , but you criticize if they are good guys or "bad" guys.. no matter what is done.

I might have to think of you as terminatorfight .. you set your goal and you don't stop not matter what

What is there to like about Bob McNair as an NFL owner except for being the guy who brought the NFL back (which I am eternally grateful for). Honestly.

The fact is he is a mediocre at best NFL owner. If we had playoff berths by now it'd be a different story. All I know is that my season ticket keep getting more expensive and that I don't sense they have 1/10 of the urgency to make the playoffs that I as a mere fan have. That and selling me a smaller glass of beer at the same price it was for a larger pour the year before. That's depressing.

I'll take a stab. Stats and records are a HUGE part of the game and you can probably rattle some of them off like most numbers of home runs in a season.

Football is not really like this. Fans don't hold the number of rushing yards a Hall of Famer had as being special. Basically, it is not as big of a deal in football.
The good players from the 60d's and 70d's have already made their mark on the NFL and for the most part are already in the HOF. Players today are just trying to do the samething so it really does not matter I'd say.

Just a question I have. Fans today are for players being allowed to use steroids I am not saying I disagree with that. But, what would that do to records from years ago for those who did not have the chance to use them? Isn't that not fair or do we just not care because they are not around anymore? Just a thought.

Steroids have been prevalent in the NFL for decades. It's pretty much thought that most of the Steel Curtain defense are keeling over so soon because they were all pretty much roided out.

Cushing might not be the great player we all thought he was. Let's see what he's like once he comes back.

Lance Z has some good stuff via twitter about the situation.

http://twitter.com/LanceZierlein

"We vetted the process really thoroughly," Texans general manager Rick Smith said that draft day.

One league insider just told me cushing & roids were "common knowledge". If so, then the Texans dropped the ball from a scouting standpoint

If Cushing doesn't come back in full beastmode & if Texans drafted a player who doesn't resemble last year's player, someone loses their job

As far Cushing's PR standpoint, it looks like he knew it was coming. He apparently had scheduled quite a few interviews this week, maybe to limit the damage to his reputation.

everyone talked to Cushing this week. I think his pr people were trying to humanize him before news broke.

His people sought our producer out to set up interview...that was fishy to me. He was doing a lot of interviews

I'm sorry but I cant bring myself to be outraged about this. I doubt he's the only Texan on PEDs, and I know for a fact that he isn't the only player in the NFL on them. So he gains a chemical edge, like a serious number of athletes do. If he want's to damage his body to gain an advantage on the field I don't really care.

Pro athletes take steriods, do drugs and are not social role-models on the agverage. I do not look to Cushing to provided my sons with a role model, I look to him and the team for entertainment. Just like I did Bagwell and the Astros.

What is there to like about Bob McNair as an NFL owner except for being the guy who brought the NFL back (which I am eternally grateful for). Honestly.

The fact is he is a mediocre at best NFL owner. If we had playoff berths by now it'd be a different story. All I know is that my season ticket keep getting more expensive and that I don't sense they have 1/10 of the urgency to make the playoffs that I as a mere fan have. That and selling me a smaller glass of beer at the same price it was for a larger pour the year before. That's depressing.

I still get depressed reading negative post after negative post from you. I don't think I've read one positive thing you've had to say about the Texans....err wait a minute I thought you were Second Honeymoon! :polevault:

In all seriousness though, this "McNair is cheap" and "McNair doesn't care about winning" has gotten really old. I understand the fans that do nothing but spout this are tired from all the seasons with no playoff appearences... I get that and I can completely sympothize with you all.

But the truth is McNair wants a winner so bad. He's just going about trying to get this team to the right place a different way than a lot of fans want. It's brought up that McNair is just happy earning money every year and doesn't care about making the Texans better. That's complete and utter B.S. McNair has everything to gain by turning this organization into a perennial playoff/superbowl contender. Profits on an annual basis will soar once the team can accomplish this as will the overall investment value in his ownership. He has every reason to turn this into a championship team and anyone who thinks he doesn't care.... well we won't go there.

Steroids have been prevalent in the NFL for decades. It's pretty much thought that most of the Steel Curtain defense are keeling over so soon because they were all pretty much roided out.
I got it b0ng.

Them and the Cowboys O-line of the 90s that sprung Emmitt for most of his yards.

The good players from the 60d's and 70d's have already made their mark on the NFL and for the most part are already in the HOF. Players today are just trying to do the samething so it really does not matter I'd say.

try reading about the Steelers in the late 70's and 80's and sterioids .. rumor circulating why so many have died young ..

but I am not hating

my deal is that testing was done .. he has been tested before.(and I took the word of people before the draft) so what exactly is the substance?

so...if he knowingly took steriods....I will hate it

but was it part of something that needed some investigation of ingredients within a pill ?

so far I will go by what his dad and previous statements.(and that was after previous tests)

3rd post and link

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69398&highlight=cushing

AGAIN... if it was legit I will be disappointed

Has anyone seen a report on just what chemistry he had in his body? I find it strange that no one has "leaked" a lab report or anything containing just what substance he was busted for.

I mean, if he appealed back in Feb, that means the report has been out for going on 3 months. Most of us didn't even know he had an appeal in the works - I know *I* didn't.

And another thing:
Just how does this affect OTAs and T/C?? Who gets the first team reps? Would you still give Cush the bulk of the first team reps knowing he won't play until October??

Is Adalius Thomas still available?

try reading about the Steelers in the late 70's and 80's and sterioids .. rumor circulating why so many have died young ..

but I am not hating

my deal is that testing was done .. he has been tested before.(and I took the word of people before the draft) so what exactly is the substance?

so...if he knowingly took steriods....I will hate it

but was it part of something that needed some investigation of ingredients within a pill ?

so far I will go by what his dad and previous statements.(and that was after previous tests)

3rd post and link

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69398&highlight=cushing

AGAIN... if it was legit I will be disappointed
I'd be upset too because not only used them but got caught. He knows the rules and the danger. If players know the danger they pose and just do not care than why should I? I am not trying to be harsh here or anything like that. But, what can I do about it? Zero.

Has anyone seen a report on just what chemistry he had in his body? I find it strange that no one has "leaked" a lab report or anything containing just what substance he was busted for.

I mean, if he appealed back in Feb, that means the report has been out for going on 3 months. Most of us didn't even know he had an appeal in the works - I know *I* didn't.

And another thing:
Just how does this affect OTAs and T/C?? Who gets the first team reps? Would you still give Cush the bulk of the first team reps knowing he won't play until October??

Is Adalius Thomas still available?

He's only suspended for the first 4 games of the season, he can attend OTAs and T/C and play in the preseason games.

Its just 4 games, he'll come back with a huge chip on his shoulder. This team starts slow anyways if we can be 2-2 when he gets back facing that 4 game schedule, it'll be fine.

And why is there such vicious hate for the guy all the sudden? It was probably one of many legal supplements he takes and he assumed it would pass the test just like all his other supplements. If you yourself or know any people who train hard, they take many supplements. Its Cushing's fault for not asking the trainer to check on whatever he was taking, but I don't think the guy was shooting up in an alley behind Reliant stadium in a dark alley. Its more innocent and doesn't deserve the overreaction its getting.

By the way whose upset with the Darryl Sharpton pick now? Meet your opening day starting WILL.

He's only suspended for the first 4 games of the season, he can attend OTAs and T/C and play in the preseason games.

Yeah, I know he can participate in OTAs and T/C.
That's not my question.

If I'm the D.C. preparing for the opener against Manning and game two against McFive (who has something to prove), do I
(a) give Cushing lots of reps knowing full well, he won't be there,
or do I (b) give them to the guy who will fill that spot in those games?

How will the coaching staff play this is my question....

I wish he woud just confess because he is one of my favorites and I admire guys who tell the truth and say sorry JMO.

This is just another scam by the NFL and the rest of the league to undermine the poweres of the Texans, they know we're good so there taking our best player away on defense. :wild:

:sarcasm:

I just don't see how steroids would alter an NFL player very significantly. It's not going to make Cushing miss tackles because he's too weak now, dude still trains like a beast. As stated he has the football instincts. I doubt this is going to drastically change the way Cushing plays football, if anything he's just going to be more pissed and prove to people that he still is a beast.

If he didn't think he needed them why would he take them?

I think that it may affect him mentally more than anything. Initially when Cush gets back I don't expect him to be the same player he was for the better part of last season...But I don't expect him to all of a sudden become a mediocre player

I think 'we' as a society just don't care anymore if people do drugs. I'm not saying that is good or bad - it just is.

I also don't think fans even consider records from the past being broken by someone on steroids. They just want to win today.

When it comes to the Texans, I can almost understand that sentiment.

Wolf said:
I hope that was sarcasm
or

If TerminatorFight owned the Texans we'd have already made the playoffs

No wonder why Cushing always came back from injury so quick. We all that he was a beast, but it seems to be the steroids that made him a beast. Doesn't take away from his football instincts (which he showed were great), but hopefully his performance doesn't drop off too much.
No, it's his heart and his work ethic that makes him a beast. Hundreds of thousands, probably millions of people worldwide use steroids, but steroids are nothing without the kind of dedication Cushing puts into his game.

Steroids are nothing more than a tool, just like weight benches and blocking dummies.

I feel like I just watched the Rosencopter game, a marathon of all colts games back to back, a entire game of the Jenkins>Myers play over and over, Jared Allens cheapie to Matt, and Kris Browns awful fieldgoals back to back to back in a constant loop.

Back