Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substances

Per ESPN
The Houston Texans' defense took a major blow Friday when defensive rookie of the year Brian Cushing learned he is being suspended four games for violating the NFL's steroid policy, according to league sources.

Cushing appealed the league's decision at a hearing at the NFL scouting combine in February but was informed Friday his appeal had been rejected, according to sources.

Cushing will be allowed to participate in training camp with the Texans this summer, but then will serve his four game suspension to start of the 2010 regular season.

Cushing's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, did not return telephone calls seeking comment.

The Texans defense will suffer without Cushing, especially considering that its first game of the season is against the defending AFC South champion Indianapolis Colts. Cushing will also miss games against the Washington Redskins, Dallas Cowboys and Oakland Raiders.

Cushing, who was voted to the Pro Bowl, had 133 tackles, helped lead the Texans to a 9-7 record, their first winning record in franchise history. Cushing finished the season with five sacks, four interceptions and two forced fumbles.

Mods, can we merge all these Cushing suspended threads?

4 games! The other thread said one I thought. Son of a B!!!! (Not you, Cushing, I am merely swearing at the situation)

hehe i knew it!!! remember when he entered the draft everyone was like how those are some big man titties HAHAA sucks bad though we need him

Any word on which substance they busted him with and how?
I'd like a few details
Enquiring minds want to know.

What a shame, what a shame.
So whatever happens from here on out, right or wrong, he now has this stigma.

well....

This was the risk of taking Cushing. I guess all the rumors were true. He means too damn much to this team and defense to miss games like this.

If they knew about it pre-draft I guess that makes the LB pick a little better. Don't know how I feel about Diles-Ryans-Sharpton....that seems awful small. Maybe we'll see Barwin in Cushing's role in some packages?

This is my second-worst nightmare scenario. The first is him sustaining a season ending injury. So look at the brightside: It's only four games.

stupid. if we new it, and everyone talking about it, he shouldn't have even allowed himself to say the word, neverless use them.

We all remember Lattimer from "The Program".

e3d9a-Lattimer_1.jpg

It's gonna be really interesting hearing the spin on this. He was so adamant with his denial when the report came out that he flunked the combine pee-pee test.

I just wonder what kind of stories will sprout. Betcha it's gonna be good...

This is my second-worst nightmare scenario. The first is him sustaining a season ending injury. So look at the brightside: It's only four games.
Unfortuantely, those four are BRUTAL. IF we go 2-2, I'll be ecstatic.

It's gonna be really interesting hearing the spin on this. He was so adamant with his denial when the report came out that he flunked the combine pee-pee test.

I just wonder what kind of stories will sprout. Betcha it's gonna be good...
So the Texans have the first Bill Romanowski act-a-like contestant. He's still not a bad-character guy at least. (no drugs, killings or rapes yet)

Well guys, think of it like this, he is going to be really p#@$%d off when he comes back from his suspension. Would hate to be the team going against you guys in Week 5, thankfully the Raiders go against you guys on Week 4 :fingergun:.

This is ****ing bullshit. Suspensions for drug use period are ****ing bullshit. When you've got people like Roethlisberger essentially raping/sexually assaulting girls and getting suspended for similar amount of times. Or other sorts of violent/legitimately criminal acts. Taking drugs doesn't harm anyone except for, occasionally, yourself.

I'm pretty surprised he was dumb enough to get caught though. Tons of players in basically every sport use steroids but most people figure out how to not fail the tests.

Lame.

:mad:

Well guys, think of it like this, he is going to be really p#@$%d off when he comes back from his suspension. Would hate to be the team going against you guys in Week 5, thankfully the Raiders go against you guys on Week 4 :fingergun:.

Why would he be pissed off? He has no one to blame but himself...

I'd think he'd be more ashamed than anything

Did we end up drafting the son of Brian Bosworth ?
The Boz was quite a fraud you know.

Why would he be pissed off? He has no one to blame but himself...

I'd think he'd be more ashamed than anything

Well, 4 games does sound a bit harsh when compared to Big Ben's "alleged" fondling of a drunk female. I don't exactly see him coming in Week 5 calm, and Cush doesn't really seem to look like the type who would be ashamed/embarrassed of anything. If he is, I'm sure he will be hellbent to prove he is still a good player w/o the 'roids once he comes back.

Wonder how much of last year was him or the steroids?

They are talking about roids on 610 right now...Some interesting points about it helping with endurance and maintaining strength..

I think that it definitely helped his performance

We are going to be so screwed. Looks like it will be year 17 and counting since a Houston team has been in the NFL playoffs. FML.

This guy is my favorite player (no joke) and I bought a football jersey for the first time ever with his name and number.

I thought this ****er ate nothing but specially prepared meals and had state of the art masking techniques like Lance Armstrong used. Also what was this about using MMA training techniques during the offseason. FML

This really pisses me off. Let's hope one of the other "kids" can step up.

I'm interested to see what he took though. Maybe it's similar to starcaps?

Well the positives are that he will have a nice chip on his shoulder when he gets back to prove that he can play without the juice.

I don't know how much steroids affects a football player anyways. A baseball player is a different story.

Back