Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cushing suspended 4 games for violating policy on performance-enhancing substances

cstrh23e8ggb.jpg

I really hope that this doesn't hurt his game at all. I am worried that all those injuries would have kept him out if he weren't on the roids.

Dear god, this is not good, went from one of the brightest spots on the team to a big question mark. The next strike is missing a whole season right?

1. Surprised this was kept under wraps league wide so long.

2. I'm with Obsi, what substance? Inquiring minds want to know indeed.

3. Was he re-tested at any point during the season? If so did he pass that as well?

4. This is going to cause lingering concerns for me. I just think before we got it confirmed Merriman was on the juice the guy was pretty "lights out" since then not so much. I've got to wonder how much of this contributed to to such a monster rookie campaign.

I'm left thinking at least we've got decent depth at the LBer spot. Not sure why everyone is rushing Sharpton's name out there. We've still got Adibi, Bentley, and it would be nice to see Chaun Thompson finally healthy.

Could we also rotate Diles into the SLB spot?

I say we have depth but, none of them are the thumper that Cush is.

Our defense just took a tremendous blow.

Well, 4 games does sound a bit harsh when compared to Big Ben's "alleged" fondling of a drunk female. I don't exactly see him coming in Week 5 calm, and Cush doesn't really seem to look like the type who would be ashamed/embarrassed of anything. If he is, I'm sure he will be hellbent to prove he is still a good player w/o the 'roids once he comes back.

I do agree with the last sentence.

That said, I don't see why he'd be upset about the amount of time he was susepenced for...It was never proved that Ben did anything illegal whereas it has pretty much been proven that Cushing took steroids...

I'm upset with Cushing at this point not the leauge for their sentence

wagonhed said:
This is ****ing bullshit. Suspensions for drug use period are ****ing bullshit. When you've got people like Roethlisberger essentially raping/sexually assaulting girls and getting suspended for similar amount of times. Or other sorts of violent/legitimately criminal acts. Taking drugs doesn't harm anyone except for, occasionally, yourself.

I'm pretty surprised he was dumb enough to get caught though. Tons of players in basically every sport use steroids but most people figure out how to not fail the tests.

Lame.

:mad:

I completely agree with this. I am in favor of full legalization of all drugs no joke.

Here is my question. The guy had training camp injury issues. Then he plays a season with no rookie wall and no injuries. Was it the roids and will his body now start having breakdowns?

As much as I hate 2 say this but, does anyone expect anything less from a USC athlete?! I mean seriously, why is this even news?! One linebacker solicits children and takes them on drunken rides around Cincinnati, one running back received thousands of dollars in gifts and vehicles, and now this...

AHH WE SUCK AGAIN!!:boogereater:

Here is my question. The guy had training camp injury issues. Then he plays a season with no rookie wall and no injuries. Was it the roids and will his body now start having breakdowns?

That seems like most peoples concerns at the moment. Maybe his newly purchased hyperbaric chamber will help with that.

1. There are tons of different drugs all considered anabolic steroids that all do different things.

2. Steroids have detection times ranging from 3 days to 18-24 months.

3. The only steroid that is known to help prevent injuries whatsoever is also one of only 2 steroids that has the 18-24 month detection time.

4. The 2 most prominent steroids that actually increase your physical strength/endurance just by taking them are very bad for football players; one kills your joints and basically gives you acute arthritis, and the other makes it almost impossible to run because your muscles fill with blood too fast. Most other steroids are poorly suited for football players during the season anyway because they destroy your cardiovascular endurance. What this means is there is no way Cushing got any "advantage" from being on them, if he was on them during the season at all, except for the fact that he had bigger and stronger muscles going into it.

It's basically a fact that tons of football players use steroids. It's widespread in college and likely even more widespread in the NFL because they have money. It is basically not physically possible to have bodies like MJD, Mario Williams, Brian Orakpo, Bruce Campbell, Taylor Mays etc.... without the use of steroids. If those people weren't using in college they wouldn't be top physical specimens, period.

If it's the combine test that Brian is now being suspended for, I guess that makes a little more sense as to why he wasn't smart enough to dodge it. Maybe he stayed on them too long up before the test or something. Either way it was stupid of him, if he was going to use he should have used the ones that exit the blood quickly.

And trust me, you don't want steroids out of the NFL. If somehow everyone stopped taking them whatsoever the sport would go back to what it was like in the 60s-70s as far as players physical ability (assuming they didn't just start taking HGH instead).

Damn it man! I think we all knew that boy was on steroids, but didn't want to believe it since he played for our team.

Shame on you Brian Cushing. You've just let the whole city of Houston and it's football fans down.

Steroids don't heal ligaments/tendons/bones. They actually don't "heal" muscles either, if the muscles are injured. Mostly what they do is increase protein synthesis and speed up the repair of micro-tears caused by weight training.

Dangit, this sucks. But can I get some clarification?

There was a report last year the said sources indicated Cushing tested positive at the 09 Combine.

This articles says he appealed the suspension at February's Combine. Are they talking about this years 2010 combine? Did he just appeal it 3 months ago or was it last year?

If he tested positive last year, why was he allowed to play all season? why did he not get in trouble till now?

I'm so confused and so sad. :barman:

Steroids don't heal ligaments/tendons/bones. They actually don't "heal" muscles either, if the muscles are injured. Mostly what they do is increase protein synthesis and speed up the repair of micro-tears caused by weight training.

Steroids also break up scar tissue which is a critical element from recovering from a ligament or a tendon. I'm currently on a dexamethsone gel delivered by an ultrasound.

Steroids also break up scar tissue which is a critical element from recovering from a ligament or a tendon. I'm currently on a dexamethsone gel delivered by an ultrasound.

That's a corticosteroid, not an anabolic steroid. Very different things. For one, corticosteroids don't build muscles.

this sucks

well at least the Texans were aggressive in improving the team this offseason.....oh wait, never mind

and how about Dunta turning heads in Atlanta....what a great front office we have

inactivity, complacency, and a commitment to mediocrity

Go Texans

Well he did say Lawerence Taylor was his idol. Anyhow I still believe roids may have helped him play thru all the injuries but he still had to get himself in the position to make the plays hopefully he career dosen't go to ****.

Deny til you Die Cush !!

Jay_Glazer

I'm waiting to hear from him but as u can imagine I'm absolutely furious. I wanna hear his side b4 I say anything. Right now tho I'm livid

WHY?????????? SO IT AIN'T SO BRIAN!!! WHY OH WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GET CAUGHT????? COULDN'T YOU HAVE MASKED IT BETTER LIKE EVERY OTHER NFL PLAYER??

I am so disappointed.

NFLN just read a prepared statement from Rick Smith but they showed a photo of former D.C. Richard Smith instead of Rick Smith.

Our rookie LB is not starting wk1 guyz or at least i wouldnt but money on it

I know we had nothing on the Team and they were higher draft picks but Cush and Meco started wk 1...

Adibi has ability, but he struggled a bit last yr...I haven't seen a whole lot of Sharpton, but I wouldn't completely rule it out

NFLN just read a prepared statement from Rick Smith but they showed a photo of former D.C. Richard Smith instead of Rick Smith.

They called us the Houston Oilers at times has well

NFLN doesnot even know about us LOL

Well this is a shock. But I'm not going to get on Cushing, he's still one of my favorite players. When he comes back he will atone for himself I'm sure.

good luck with that. people have chosen to remain ignorant about it and continue making jokes about small dicks for a decade.

Right.... i mean pretty much our best player on defense gets suspended four games and now there's going to be concerns about whether his rookie season was real or just on juice.

In the mean time some guys can only think about another guy's wiener size. WTF is wrong with ya'll? Here's a tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFN46VPj4t4

I do not care if you agree with the rule or not for now it is a rule Cush should come out on his own and fess up IMO. I still love him but he got caught and is the only one to blame not the NFL. That being said, GO CUSH.

Dangit, this sucks. But can I get some clarification?

There was a report last year the said sources indicated Cushing tested positive at the 09 Combine.

This articles says he appealed the suspension at February's Combine. Are they talking about this years 2010 combine? Did he just appeal it 3 months ago or was it last year?

If he tested positive last year, why was he allowed to play all season? why did he not get in trouble till now?

I'm so confused and so sad. :barman:

Anybody... Anybody? Why was he allowed to play all last season?

Hopefully Cushing can remain a good player (a la Julius Peppers after getting busted) and not like Merriman.

Back