Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

College Football Random Thought of the Day

It'd really be chaos if Iowa managed to beat Michigan, especially if FSU also lost

But who goes in?

if Michigan wins & the goal is to pick the best teams….

Michigan - undefeated, conference winners solid tough schedule

Washington - undefeated, solid tough schedule, conference winners

Alabama- solid tough schedule, conference winners, probably the best win of all playoff teams b/c they beat Georgia a team on a 20 something game win streak, 2 time defending champs.

Georgia - overall a better team to me than Texas b/c they’ve played a tougher schedule..better wins.

Tuck Fexas….they should only get consideration imo if FSU loses tonite to Louisville.

yes they beat bama earlier in the season, but that’s really all they’ve done of note. The Big 12 was ass this year and a few fringe top 25 teams, but they have perhaps the worst loss of all potential teams trying to get in….

• Haha
Reactions: JB
if Michigan wins & the goal is to pick the best teams….

Michigan - undefeated, conference winners solid tough schedule

Washington - undefeated, solid tough schedule, conference winners

Alabama- solid tough schedule, conference winners, probably the best win of all playoff teams b/c they beat Georgia a team on a 20 something game win streak, 2 time defending champs.

Georgia - overall a better team to me than Texas b/c they’ve played a tougher schedule..better wins.

Tuck Fexas….they should only get consideration imo if FSU loses tonite to Louisville.

yes they beat bama earlier in the season, but that’s really all they’ve done of note. The Big 12 was ass this year and a few fringe top 25 teams, but they have perhaps the worst loss of all potential teams trying to get in….
You can easily tell where your loyalties are

Not many games on today so they're broadcasting whatever is available. Plus I think the Power 5 conference championship games have contracts with the Big 3 networks (ABC/CBS/Fox) which bring a larger audience.

2PM - Boise St vs UNLV on Fox
3PM - GA vs Bama on CBS
3PM - SMU vs Tulane on ABC
3PM - Appalachian St vs Troy on ESPN
Good explanation, makes sense.
Thanks KoolAid !

Other than the actual games themselves, everything about college football is so convolutedly stupid, ridiculous, insane, and dumb that it hurts my head. It should be obvious how stupid it is that we need to be talking about whether a team belongs among top 4 (or whatever) based on who they beat, who those teams beat or didn't beat, who lost to who, and what conference they're in, etc, etc, etc. Stupid AF

I don't know at all about that. They've got talent up and down that roster. They're just playing with a completely overwhelmed, third-string, zero experience, true freshman qb. With competent qb play this team is legit.
I just don't think they've beat enough ranked teams this year

All I have to say Texas, losing to OU and not beating the crap out of everyone in the big 12 cost you

The big 12 has been a crutch for the texas program. Next year you go to Michigan and the SEC. Time for big boy football. Good times coming.

They have now beat 3 ranked teams. At the time: LSU was #5, Duke was #16 and now Louisville #15
And Texas has beat 4... FSU had a much easier schedule than either Texas, Alabama, Georgia or OSU. Georgia and OSU didn't win their conference so they are out. To me the top 4 should be Michigan, Washington, Texas and Alabama

And Texas has beat 4... FSU had a much easier schedule than either Texas, Alabama, Georgia or OSU. Georgia and OSU didn't win their conference so they are out. To me the top 4 should be Michigan, Washington, Texas and Alabama
Big 12 is trash. Texas had to run the table. OU not getting to title game killed any chance of the big 12 resume

So FSU will get in. The 4th spot is the question and that should be Texas

Should be Bama…Again yes Texas beat them but it was early in the season. 1, We know both teams are much different now. 2, Bama’s road to where they are now was much tougher, 3 the SEC conference overall is just better than the Big 12 & The SEC champ should get in over the Big 12 champ.

4, The ranked teams Bama beat were on average higher ranked.

Why Bama over a Texas team that beat them by double digits in their house?
Because bama is sec champ. There is a reason texas is going to big 12. Bama ain't trying to go big 12

For what it's worth I live In Leander which is NW of Austin by 30 minutes. That OU loss was a gut punch because I knew texas blew it for playoff

Should be Bama…Again yes Texas beat them but it was early in the season. 1, We know both teams are much different now.
“Head-to-head is head-to-head, no matter when the game is played,” selection committee chair Boo Corrigan said Tuesday, “and that's how we look at it.”

link

So glad when we get 12 team playoff next year
If it's still based on stupid human rankings, it'll suck just the same. I want objective goals like every other sport does. You do this -> you end up here. Not some stupid committee sitting in a room deciding who wins the beauty contest. F'king ridiculous.

“Head-to-head is head-to-head, no matter when the game is played,” selection committee chair Boo Corrigan said Tuesday, “and that's how we look at it.”

link

yeah that’s what he said, but WHEN you lose matters too. That’s why teams schedule those early out of conference match ups…b/c if they do lose, they have time to recover.

Head to head matters, but you gotta shave a bit off of it b/c it happened so early in the season. Remember when Colorado was 3-0 early in the season and t beat a then ranked TCU? Well they won 1 game after that. Similar situation here. Since they beat Bama, Texas has lost and really haven’t done much more to bolster their resume after that loss other than beat up on an overall bad conference. Bama on the other hand ran the table and is peaking at the right time with their best win of the season and the best win in all of college football really by winning against the favorite to win the conference and #1 team in the sport.

Back