Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

College Football Random Thought of the Day

Malachi Moore for Alabama let his guy get loose as Moore looked lost. Not long after A&M ties it up 10-10. QB Johnson to his brother.

Edit: Malachi out minutes later with leg injury.

Last edited:
Thought of the day is that Ohio State BADLY misses CJ Stroud.

Unfortunately for Buckeye fans, Ohio State is NOT very good. I don't see them winning in Ann Arbor or them reaching the playoff. Right now I see OSU finishing 11-1 or 10-2 and playing in one of the NY6 games. A disappointing season by OSU standards.

Reactions: JB
Caleb Williams threw THREE picks tonight at Notre Dame.

Assuming Chicago ends up with the #1 pick, I think they trade that pick (again) in order to receive multiple picks. This assumes, of course, that there is a team out there who thinks Caleb or Drake are worth trading to get. That #1 pick won't come cheap.

Do you think he’ll still be there after his sons are gone?

I think, much like you're alluding to, he'll stay at least through Shedeur and Shilo. But after that if an LSU or UT or A&M start throwing some real money around with the kind of ridiculous recruiting opportunities they can afford him.. I really can't see him saying no.

I believe Deion genuinely likes doing this for the teaching/mentoring aspect in dealing with developing aspiring, talented young men. Which is also why I think he'll likely never leave college for the NFL. But he's also a wicked competitor, and with that comes seizing the best opportunity, which is inevitably a big time program with big time funds in a recruiting hotbed, wherever that my ultimately be.

Even if Jerry Jones is calling?

Honestly, ya.

Deion's coaching heroes are Bobby Bowden and Micky Andrews, not Glanville or Rhodes or Campo. Maybe Zimmer to a lesser extent.

At any rate I think he knows (he's said as much, for what it's worth) that he can't hold the ears of super wealthy super ego'd NFL players. He can hold their respect for what he's accomplished and how he carries himself in that world, but that's when things are early or going good. When things are rocky and the chips are down will those kind of dudes stay on board like much more reverent and impressionable college age kids will? He's been in that environment and he knows the likely result.

Here's my random college football thought of the day. I think Ohio State's QB is not very good. He was a 5-star out of Philadelphia. He's in his third year. He constantly underthrows his passes. OSU arguably has the two best receivers in the country and a QB that can't hit them in stride or put the ball up where only a superstar like MHJ can get it. I love Ryan Day but I think our program is going in the wrong direction. I certainly hope that he proves me wrong.

Reactions: JB
So Utah knocks out USC once again 34-32

Utah without their #1 QB... the backup a walk on

Caleb might begin to lower his demand of part ownership to just getting drafted.

His stat line to even initiate discussions as to what he was asking for would be nothing short of an undefeated season, USC National Champions, him hoisting up the Heisman, a 75%+ completion percentage, 45+ TD’s, and -0- INT’s.

Well Caleb didn’t reach the majority of those plateaus, so he should get comfortable with idea of getting drafted by the Bears and hope like hail that they’re in a position to reward you with Marvin Harrison Jr.

Here's my random college football thought of the day. I think Ohio State's QB is not very good. He was a 5-star out of Philadelphia. He's in his third year. He constantly underthrows his passes. OSU arguably has the two best receivers in the country and a QB that can't hit them in stride or put the ball up where only a superstar like MHJ can get it. I love Ryan Day but I think our program is going in the wrong direction. I certainly hope that he proves me wrong.
Oh, so it's not the wrs that made Stroud?

This is amazing and so sad... how does this happen?

"All I have to say is this could have been prevented," Ronnie Caldwell Sr. said during the news conference. "I called the coach. I texted him and asked him, 'Please move my son. Somebody pulled a gun. I need you to move him. Get him away from there. Get him in a hotel until I can get there. I'll be there this weekend.'"

After today's Aggies loss to Ole Miss, Coach Jimbo should definitely be in limbo
Most definitely! How dare he take his team into a hostile environment against the #10 team in the country and allow a final seconds game tying FG be blocked!!! Fire the bum!

This seems as weak a punishment as the Big 10 could have handed out. And the sports media gives a resounding "meh".

Wasn't it just 4 years ago that the Astros did pretty much the same thing, and it was like they were eating kittens for breakfast, and puppies for dinner? There's less than a handful of those guys left on that team from 2017, but it's always mentioned on a national broadcast by the 3rd inning.

Why do they hate Houston so much? I don't know. I just want any team wearing "Houston" to kick arse in every way, and anytime possible.

This seems as weak a punishment as the Big 10 could have handed out. And the sports media gives a resounding "meh".

Wasn't it just 4 years ago that the Astros did pretty much the same thing, and it was like they were eating kittens for breakfast, and puppies for dinner? There's less than a handful of those guys left on that team from 2017, but it's always mentioned on a national broadcast by the 3rd inning.

Why do they hate Houston so much? I don't know. I just want any team wearing "Houston" to kick arse in every way, and anytime possible.

Just adding to Houston’s history of being the red headed step child of sports.

Happened during the Rockets championship when we beat the Knicks.

Question is: How will they try to ignore us now that we have Stroud?

Just adding to Houston’s history of being the red headed step child of sports.

Question is: How will they try to ignore us now that we have Stroud?
Who cares what the media thinks.

Just keep on getting sized for those rings.

Michigan hasn't won anything. If they win the national championship this year, there will be an uproar.

I'll never forget the trophy celebration when everyone on the podium was smiling and laughing. Except one person: Bob Costas. He looked like his dog ran away.

ratio3x2_1150.jpg

new-york-knicks-vs-houston-rockets-1994-nba-finals.webp

Education $$$ is secondary.

$76 million buyout is reportedly coming for Jimbo Fisher
Published November 12, 2023 09:37 AM

Jimbo Fisher has never coached at the NFL. But his imminent dismissal from Texas A&M will have reverberations through the highest levels of the sport.

Per multiple reports, Texas A&M is expected to fire Fisher today. And Fisher will walk away with a $76 million buyout.

That’s likely the biggest buyout ever for any coach, college or pro. It could make NFL coaches think again about the possibility of taking a college job and the gigantic contract — and potential buyout — that will come with it.

Fisher, who arrived in 2018, is 45-25 at Texas A&M. The team went 5-7 last year. Currently, the Aggies are 6-4. They beat Mississippi State on Saturday, 51-10.

It wasn’t nearly enough to stave off a process that apparently was put in motion in recent days.
Yes, $76 million is a lot to pay Fisher to not coach. It becomes easier to afford when there continues to be no line item in the budget for player compensation.

Education $$$ is secondary.

$76 million buyout is reportedly coming for Jimbo Fisher
Published November 12, 2023 09:37 AM

Jimbo Fisher has never coached at the NFL. But his imminent dismissal from Texas A&M will have reverberations through the highest levels of the sport.

Per multiple reports, Texas A&M is expected to fire Fisher today. And Fisher will walk away with a $76 million buyout.

That’s likely the biggest buyout ever for any coach, college or pro. It could make NFL coaches think again about the possibility of taking a college job and the gigantic contract — and potential buyout — that will come with it.

Fisher, who arrived in 2018, is 45-25 at Texas A&M. The team went 5-7 last year. Currently, the Aggies are 6-4. They beat Mississippi State on Saturday, 51-10.

It wasn’t nearly enough to stave off a process that apparently was put in motion in recent days.
Yes, $76 million is a lot to pay Fisher to not coach. It becomes easier to afford when there continues to be no line item in the budget for player compensation.
Fire who ever gave him that extension as well

Guys and Gal .... Be thinking about what positions, (and possible replacements), you think, or even better, have seen in college games, that would be prudent to try to aquire, to keep building our future, all world Juggernaut .... anyone that is feaseable, would be pleaseable .... or just positions that need improvement .... I'm interested in all positons ! Not QB !

Back