Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brock Osweiler agrees to 4 year 72 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am expecting to be crucified by the peanut gallery, but is Brock Osweiler any better than Brandon Weeden?

Weeden 2015 - QBR 80.4 Pass Rating 97.1
Osweiler 2015 - QBR 86.4 Pass Rating 48.8

Don't get me wrong, would not fault the Texans for signing Osweiler, and would be excited about the upcoming season, but just throwing the stats out for y'all.

Weeden has been tainted by the Brows. That's like a football STD.

Speaking of Wade Phillips, I guess we can expect the Broncos defense to start to fade a little bit? Everywhere he goes his defense is ranked #1 or close to the top that first year, and then they slowly decline, year after year, after that. To the point where he's eventually fired. And then like magic he goes to a new team and bingo, they have the #1 defense in the league that first year.

Only thing with Denver is that #1 defense carried him to the Super Bowl. Wade Phillips couldn't quite parlay that #1 defense into Super Bowl wins during his other stops. If only that had happened here in Houston!

Our defense was loaded his first year here but Super Mario couldn't stay healthy (pectoral muscle injury). Watt was a rookie. We still reached the divisional round of the playoffs at Baltimore, where our defense dominated Flacco and Ray Rice. We stone walled them all game long. It's a shame we lost that game. Our defense had all but carried us to the AFC Championship against the Patriots that year, but a Jacoby Jones fumble and three Yates INTs cut us short in that loss at Baltimore.

But we see it every time with Wade Phillips.
His defense goes down the drain after year one...
The Broncos defense, watch them decline now.
Their D-Line is taking some hits in free agency.

Not sure about all the teams he was DC on but do you think that FA losses due to limited cap space had something to do with the declines? He lost an awful lot here due to the cap. Mario, Demeco, Barwin, Quin to name a few that come to mind. I still blame the team's 2013 collapse more on FA losses and injuries to key players than anything else. I think Wade is about to go through it again in Denver. Well, at least he got a ring this time.

I am expecting to be crucified by the peanut gallery, but is Brock Osweiler any better than Brandon Weeden?

Weeden 2015 - QBR 80.4 Pass Rating 97.1
Osweiler 2015 - QBR 86.4 Pass Rating 48.8

Don't get me wrong, would not fault the Texans for signing Osweiler, and would be excited about the upcoming season, but just throwing the stats out for y'all.

Weeden has had plenty of chances in Cleveland and Dallas to prove himself, Osweiler has had 7 games...

I would take the chance on the 25 year old with a bigger upside...

If Lamar Miller is also signed by the Texans...
What can we use our first-round pick on?

O-Line, Tight End, maybe a top-flight WR at #22?
Another young stud on opposite side of Nuk is appealing.

Do we go defense in the first round?

If Lamar Miller is also signed by the Texans...
What can we use our first-round pick on?

O-Line, Tight End, maybe a top-flight WR at #22?
Another young stud on opposite side of Nuk is appealing.

Do we go defense in the first round?

Gonna need a Center now and possibly LT help, pending on Brown's status. On defense, got some safety issues

I am very happy right now.

I truly believe Brock was very pissed about his benching and staying in Denver was tainted...he wanted out for more reasons than one.

Weeden is about to be 33. Osweiler is about to be 26.

Weeden is a career 58% passer with 31 TDs and 30 INTs. Osweiler completed 61% with 10 TDs and 6 INTs in just his first year seeing any significant action.

Weeden averages 6.7 YPA for his career. Osweiler averaged 7.2 this year.

Weeden has a career efficiency rating of 76. Osweiler was at 86 in his first year as a starter.

Yes he's better. It's not close. Will he be the GOAT? Doubt it. But he's the best thing this franchise has seen outside of prime Schaub.

Reactions: ROO
I'm not as excited as the rest of you, but it's good that the FO has finally stopped half-assing the QB position. If Osweiler is reliable, we can confidently fill some desperate needs in the draft. If anyone cannot convince me that Hunter Henry is not 1st round talent, he should be our target.

I'm not as excited as the rest of you, but it's good that the FO has finally stopped half-assing the QB position. If Osweiler is reliable, we can confidently fill some desperate needs in the draft. If anyone can convince me that Hunter Henry is not 1st round talent, he should be our target.
I'm excited simply because of this. Brock is a 2nd round pick that has spent his entire career behind a HOF QB. Give him the keys and lets see what he can do.

If this isn't a make or break deal for Smith, there will never be one. Holy crap at the numbers I'm seeing

Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller added with DeAndre Hopkins. We have our new triplets, all of which are young and entering their prime.

Remember when Schaub, Andre and Foster were all good players? Now we got a new wave to build our offense around. My hats off to Bill O'Brien. It feels like his team for the first time.

Brock Osweiler and Lamar Miller added with DeAndre Hopkins. We have our new triplets, all of which are young and entering their prime.

Remember when Schaub, Andre and Foster were all good players? Now we got a new wave to build our offense around. My hats off to Bill O'Brien. It feels like his team for the first time.

delete

Last edited:
Oh $h*t.....It's is getting real!!!!

200w.gif

Yeah, but we just lost 2/5ths of our O-line!. Gotta have good players in the trenches or it's all for nothing!

Am I the only one here that understood the sky just fell on us here in Houston? Look outside. Dark skies for a reason. See you jamokes in 3 years. Lamar Miller signing was so bittersweet. 30 seconds of elation followed by a true understanding that nothing else matters now until 2019 when we find our new head coach, lose JJ Watt, and begin rebuilding again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back