Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brock Osweiler agrees to 4 year 72 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called a debate. I do know the Texans have a distinct pattern of behavior that they repeat year after year, season after season. Texans history has a way of repeating itself. Bob McNair is a creature of habit.
But than you jump to conclusions about their process without considering that they do their due diligence thoroughly and still make bad choices. Time does not prevent poor choices. The best you can do is hope you bat .300 instead of .200 and every once in a while have a great season.

I agree that we're still closer to the Mendoza line than good. But the argument is whether that is evidence that means they didn't put out the effort to try or if it is evidence that they simply made poor choices without knowing how much they tried. You are adamant that it is the former while we see the latter as more likely. Thus Fact vs Opinion.

But than you jump to conclusions about their process without considering that they do their due diligence thoroughly and still make bad choices. Time does not prevent poor choices. .

After Richard Smith, Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, Eric Moulds, Frank Bush, Amobi Okoye, DJ Swearinger, Ed Reed, Sam Montgomery, Louis Nix, I don't consider it jumping to conclusions, I would say it has more to do with some folks not doing their homework. Now then if you want to sweep all the garbage under the rug like it never happened then you might have a point.

Here is the way it works, the Texans have a distinct advantage when it comes to medical, interviews and back ground checks. However I have watched every Carson Wentz game when he was Jr and Sr multiple times and studied every throw he made 3, 4,and 5 times each. So you are the one jumping to conclusions assuming the Texans have watched more Wentz videos. And I never said it was fact, I am simply stating or making a case for my opinions. Thus it's called making a case.

Thanks for the LOL.

I see Wenyz having a big Ben type career.

Although I haven't seen more than 10 mins of Wentz tape.
There is not really a need to at this point but if you watch all his playoff games from 2014 you will see all you need to know. Wentz is the type of QB who can put his team on his shoulders, make things happen and carry his team to victory. He did it multiple times. I would not be surprised, if he went to right team, to see him have a Peyton Manning type career.

Last edited:
Wow, really? I actually like O'Brien, a lot. I think he's probably the best coach the Texans have had. I'm not nearly as happy with Smith, I think he's nepotism personified and I think
OB is dealing with that crao hand the best he can, but I think OB may turn into a GREAT coach given the time and a GM that isn't a friggin moron.

There is not really a need to at this point but if you watch all his playoff games from 2014 you will see all you need to know. Wentz is the type of QB who can put his team on his shoulders, make things happen and carry his to victory. He did it multiple times. I would not be surprised, if he went to right team, to see him have a Peyton Manning type career.
Well atleast you gave yourself an out if he flops.

There is not really a need to at this point but if you watch all his playoff games from 2014 you will see all you need to know. Wentz is the type of QB who can put his team on his shoulders, make things happen and carry his to victory. He did it multiple times. I would not be surprised, if he went to right team, to see him have a Peyton Manning type career.

Sounds like Vince

I am not against wentz. I just think that with some of our key players age(brown,jojo cushing etc) . Giving up a lot of high draft picks would hurt the team on the long haul. We wouldn't be the right team.

I am not against wentz. I just think that with some of our key players age(brown,jojo cushing etc) . Giving up a lot of high draft picks would hurt the team on the long haul. We wouldn't be the right team.
Today 3 first rd draft picks is a hard pill to swallow and definitely seems like a bridge to far today. However when Wentz blossoms in to a Top 3 QB, you'll look back and think, Good Grief Man, 3 first RD draft picks for that guy would've been dirt cheap.

Last edited:
Today 3 first rd draft picks is a hard pill to swallow and definitely seems like a bridge to far today. However if Wentz blossoms in to a Top 3 QB, you'll look back and think, Good Grief Man, 3 first RD draft picks for that guy would've been dirt cheap.
IF. That's such a big word.

Today 3 first rd draft picks is a hard pill to swallow and definitely seems like a bridge to far today. However if Wentz blossoms in to a Top 3 QB, you'll look back and think, Good Grief Man, 3 first RD draft picks for that guy would've been dirt cheap.

Or we could just pass on him when he falls to us at #22!

Wouldn't that make your day.

IF. That's such a big word.

Still... 2 years & $37M are pretty big words as well. We could have stayed put & took Connor Cook, Paxton Lynch, or Dak Prescott at some point in the draft.

I say that... but I also said it didn't make sense to cut Arian when they did if they weren't planning on using the money. They obviously planned on using the money.

More than one way to skin a cat. He's got his way, we've got ours. He likes the attention.

But than you jump to conclusions about their process without considering that they do their due diligence thoroughly and still make bad choices. Time does not prevent poor choices. The best you can do is hope you bat .300 instead of .200 and every once in a while have a great season.

I agree that we're still closer to the Mendoza line than good. But the argument is whether that is evidence that means they didn't put out the effort to try or if it is evidence that they simply made poor choices without knowing how much they tried. You are adamant that it is the former while we see the latter as more likely. Thus Fact vs Opinion.

Well then if they continually make poor choices despite the hard work that is put in then you have to fire the incompetent people that are making these poor choices and that hasn't happened in the Texans org.

After Richard Smith, Ahman Green, Ron Dayne, Eric Moulds, Frank Bush, Amobi Okoye, DJ Swearinger, Ed Reed, Sam Montgomery, Louis Nix, I don't consider it jumping to conclusions, I would say it has more to do with some folks not doing their homework. Now then if you want to sweep all the garbage under the rug like it never happened then you might have a point.

Here is the way it works, the Texans have a distinct advantage when it comes to medical, interviews and back ground checks. However I have watched every Carson Wentz game when he was Jr and Sr multiple times and studied every throw he made 3, 4,and 5 times each. So you are the one jumping to conclusions assuming the Texans have watched more Wentz videos. And I never said it was fact, I am simply stating or making a case for my opinions. Thus it's called making a case.
So if I'm reading this right, you now agree that it is YOUR OPINION that the Texans do not do due diligence and not a FACT. I have a different opinion, based on poor choices rather than lack of due diligence, but we can disagree civilly.

Looking at the highlights Os seems to stare down his 1st read alot. Hopefully BOB can work with him on this.

Thanks for the LOL.

I see Wenyz having a big Ben type career.

Although I haven't seen more than 10 mins of Wentz tape.

I don't think I've seen as much as Texian but I've seen a good bit. I've seen him live one single time as well.

I don't think he'll ever be Big Ben. But he can be somewhere in between Flacco and Big Ben depending on where he ends up.

So if I'm reading this right, you now agree that it is YOUR OPINION that the Texans do not do due diligence and not a FACT. I have a different opinion, based on poor choices rather than lack of due diligence, but we can disagree civilly.

Let me eliminate any of confusion, I believe the Texans do due diligence I just don't think it is very thorough. ie: Almost every team had Sam Montgomery off their draft board due to character concerns. It was a shock to many that Montgomery was drafted. Ed Reed a perfect example of shoot first ask questions later. Louis Nix had virtually no tape to say give up 2 draft picks picks to move up to draft him. They bought Okoye on potential alone, no history to say he was a Top 10 pick. These are just a few examples, there are many more. Poor choices are made from a lack of good information. To be clear I am not just now stating my opinion, I have always made my case supported it with pertinent information.

Reactions: ROO
nd can rin
I don't think I've seen as much as Texian but I've seen a good bit. I've seen him live one single time as well.

I don't think he'll ever be Big Ben. But he can be somewhere in between Flacco and Big Ben depending on where he ends up.

No secret that Bah and I have a difference of opinion on who is the #1 QB in this draft. Bah like Goff and I like Wentz. FTR - Goff is my solid #2 and I would not have a problem drafting him in the Top 10. From my perspective on what I have seen, Goff struggles at times against better defenses and when pressured. My #1 main separator here and for all QBs for that matter is 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives. This is what drove me to Bortles. Goff doesn't have much to show in those two arenas while Wentz has several. Doesn't mean Goff can't do it, I just haven't seen it and that's why I have Goff behind Wentz. Wentz has an impressive resume in those critical performance achievements.

Wentz is a much better athlete than Big Ben and Flacco. Wentz can run and he runs very well. So I don't see Wentz so much as a comparison between Big Ben and Flacco as I do see the comparison between Andrew Luck and Cam Newton. For Goff his style of play compares more favorably to Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.

Let me eliminate any of confusion, I believe the Texans do due diligence I just don't think it is very thorough. ie:

Still you state opinion as fact - distorted facts at that.

Almost every team had Sam Montgomery off their draft board due to character concerns. It was a shock to many that Montgomery was drafted.

The reports were of some teams. You turn it into almost every team.

Ed Reed a perfect example of shoot first ask questions later.

The Ravens who knew him better than anyone made him offers to stay.

Louis Nix had virtually no tape to say give up 2 draft picks picks to move up to draft him.

Nix was highly regarded. The 2 draft pick thing is a joke. Sometimes you have to maneuver within a round. If you're picking 32 and want 16 and pay the value to get there it's the same value - the pick you ultimately use.

They bought Okoye on potential alone, no history to say he was a Top 10 pick.

Potential that had him commonly rated as a top 10 pick. You act like the Texans were alone in that assessment (which is wrong).

Poor choices are made from a lack of good information.

Or poor judgment.

Or in the NFL just the bad odds of translating to the NFL despite all best efforts by the brightest minds.

And that's what you particularly fail to appreciate. If the NFL operated in your world Ozzie Newsome and the Packers would be hitting on draft picks virtually every time. They don't. Not even close.

If the NFL operated in your world Ozzie Newsome and the Packers would be hitting on draft picks virtually every time. They don't. Not even close.

I'm still not sure why some around here have a lovefest for the Packers and Wolfe. The franchise has been to one Super Bowl in the last 18 years. That's as many times as the Oakland Raiders.

Let me eliminate any of confusion, I believe the Texans do due diligence I just don't think it is very thorough. ie: Almost every team had Sam Montgomery off their draft board due to character concerns. It was a shock to many that Montgomery was drafted. Ed Reed a perfect example of shoot first ask questions later. Louis Nix had virtually no tape to say give up 2 draft picks picks to move up to draft him. They bought Okoye on potential alone, no history to say he was a Top 10 pick. These are just a few examples, there are many more. Poor choices are made from a lack of good information. To be clear I am not just now stating my opinion, I have always made my case supported it with pertinent information.
This guy doesn't agree with you. Very interesting article. It has the Texans as above average in the draft.

Still you state opinion as fact - distorted facts at that. - So every time YOU say "I THINK" or "I BELIEVE" that too is a fact or a distorted fact?

The reports were of some teams. You turn it into almost every team. - Not according to Mayock

The Ravens who knew him better than anyone made him offers to stay. - That's why there were reports of Harbaugh commenting he would rather have a root canal than resign Ed Reed.

Nix was highly regarded. The 2 draft pick thing is a joke. Sometimes you have to maneuver within a round. If you're picking 32 and want 16 and pay the value to get there it's the same value - the pick you ultimately use. - NIX was highly regarded by media draftniks like Todd McShay and Mel Kiper, not so much by NFL scouts. You're drinking from the wrong water trough.

Potential that had him commonly rated as a top 10 pick. You act like the Texans were alone in that assessment (which is wrong). - Oh there were other teams but the smart ones know better to deal in potential. POTENTIAL IS JOB KILLER! Again some bad water.

Or poor judgment. - Common Sense and basic logic eliminate poor judgement. Contrary to popular belief you can eliminate poor judgement.

Or in the NFL just the bad odds of translating to the NFL despite all best efforts by the brightest minds. - What happens all the time, more often than not, what many perceive as the brightest minds are not so bright after all.

Here is an example of what many would consider three bright brilliant minds.....

The Titans appoint this brilliant attorney to be their President. He was an old Titans insider who participated in building many of the Titans mediocre years. The President hires a Bill Belichick front office assistant as the new GM, probably thinking he has hired the ripest fruit and brightest minds from the tree of NFL football knowledge. In reality the President has more likely hired an analyst with no real skills in management or leadership to run the Titans football operations. The new GM hires a retread former Head Coach who has never done anything, much less shown he knows how win more games than others. What could possibly go wrong here? Everyone is happy and under this great illusion that the Titans with these 3 great bright brilliant minds will achieve new heights with multiple playoff appearances....there is your best efforts by the brightest minds.

And that's what you particularly fail to appreciate. If the NFL operated in your world Ozzie Newsome and the Packers would be hitting on draft picks virtually every time. They don't. Not even close.

The Raven and Packers have a better success rate than most. Man Cak, you're really off your game today. Take a BC Powder and ice up.

There was nothing insulting in my post, just disagreement. Yet you respond like a roaring mouse vagina. That's why you catch so much flak, not because of your football opinions.
I am a kind, polite, congenial person. If you respond to one of my post or ask a question I will respond in kind. If you're belligerent and snarky, expect the same. If you you want to be a bully, expect to be bullied. You receiveth what you giveth. A look in the mirror may do you some good. You don't find my comments using "roaring mouse vagina," they're more intelligent than that.

Why don't you take this opportunity and show everyone how they should respond to all of your disagreements without becoming a "roaring mouse vagina".

Last edited:
Amazing how many want to denigrate and belittle a 4.0 student with a 40 Wonderlic. I guess this says more about the pettiness of the poster. Unbelievable, I can only imagine that those denigrating and belittling a 4.0 GPA, their highest level of education is a high school graduate, maybe ???

All else equal, I'd say the 4.0 Stanford grad gets the job 99 times out of 100 over the 4.0 NDU grad, if they were to apply for the same position in the corporate world.
The 1 out of a 100 being a scenario with a NDU alum doing the hiring.

Hint: a lot of people disagree with me. When you consistently pick high in the draft (2 #1s in less than 10 years) you should be above average.

At first, I wanted to say, "You've got a point." But then I got to thinking this is never the case. None of the above average teams will have 2 #1s in less than 10 years. I mean there's a reason why that team had two #1s inside of ten years (whether we're talking about the Texans, Lions, Titans, Browns...).

And it still is a more intelligent post. You got me, damn typos and JB wonders why I go back and edit my posts. It happens a lot, more often than I like.

I don't wonder and never have about why you go back and edit posts. I merely remarked on your going back to add substance to your posts.

I am a kind, polite, congenial person. If you respond to one of my post or ask a question I will respond in kind. If you're belligerent and snarky, expect the same. If you you want to be a bully, expect to be bullied. You receiveth what you giveth. A look in the mirror may do you some good. You don't find my comments using "roaring mouse vagina," they're more intelligent than that.

Why don't you take this opportunity and show everyone how they should respond to all of your disagreements without becoming a "roaring mouse vagina".

Roaring Mouse Vagina!

That's smart and funny in so many ways!

And you trying to be a bully is like a kid without a football that no one wants to play with.

I don't wonder and never have about why you go back and edit posts. I merely remarked on your going back to add substance to your posts.
Well when I'm back fixing all my typos, why not? Sometimes I can be slow thinker.

Roaring Mouse Vagina!

That's smart and funny in so many ways!

And you trying to be a bully is like a kid without a football that no one wants to play with.

Smart IYO

And I''m not with Tex on this subject.

He watches tape and gives his opinions you/Cak may not agree but Cak was being very Snarky.

Getting back to Os, after watching the highlights above he seems to stare down his 1st look, does that bother you, or do you think that's something that you think BOB can help him overcome?

And it still is a more intelligent post. You got me, damn typos and JB wonders why I go back and edit my posts. It happens a lot, more often than I like.

Word of advice, when taking a jab at someone's intelligence, check twice for spelling before hitting "post reply" then check it again for grammar & punctuation.

Reactions: ROO
Texian,

Do you get paid by an NFL team to scout college players?
I wish I did. I got interested in it after the Atlanta Falcons drafted Bubba Bean in the first rd and I blew a gasket, and mad the proverbial saying, I can do better than that.

Getting back to Os, after watching the highlights above he seems to stare down his 1st look, does that bother you, or do you think that's something that you think BOB can help him overcome?

Is that what he's doing? I haven't seen enough to tell. I know that's what it looks like, but I see Manning appear to do the same all the time as well.

But after watching him do it for so long, I've decided he can't be. Instead he must be looking at a Corner, or safety waiting for him to commit one way or another.

If that's what he's doing, I have no problem with it. He learned from a true master.

Chances are he's staring down his first read... $18M just don't buy what it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back