Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brock Osweiler agrees to 4 year 72 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a Draftnik is a hobby and I don't have a guitar. I've been a draftnik for over 30 years. I started studying the current college QBs the first of June last year because my instinct told me the Texans QB Circus would continue. When you watch and study so many games over that many years you will begin to notice trends and patterns. There are times that I do like to poke the bear. Particularly when this board goes into hibernation, there's not much fun in that. I have scaled down and now I only focus on a few positions, Bah007 and Wolverine are the best sources for all positions. Now that the Texans have their QB I will probably focus on another position next year unless OS pulls a Hoyer.
You could say what you want, but there is no way you can have that much game film on Wentz as you say unless you're a scout, really,really cool with a scout, or know someone from the sid of nd st.

You could say what you want, but there is no way you can have that much game film on Wentz as you say unless you're a scout, really,really cool with a scout, or know someone from the sid of nd st.

This is a classic case of someone not having a clue what they're talking about. This is your basic rambling and making stuff up as they go along. Utterly clueless. Embarrassingly so. Also for your information the average scout will only watch 4 to 5 game videos of players they're scouting. So in essence I have watched twice as many Carson Wentz game videos than the average scout.

12 Carson Wentz Game Videos
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/carson-wentz/

RSP Film Room No.52: QB Carson Wentz w/Mark Schofield
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/08/28/rsp-film-room-no-52-qb-carson-wentz-wmark-schofield/

2016 FCS Championship Jacksonville State vs North Dakota State

2014 FCS Championship North Dakota State vs Illinois State

2014 Sam Houston State at North Dakota State

2014 Coastal Carolina at North Dakota State

2014 South Dakota State at North Dakota State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iBztCZUKO8

This is a classic case of someone not having a clue what they're talking about. This is your basic rambling and making stuff up as they go along. Utterly clueless. Embarrassingly so. Also for your information the average scout will only watch 4 to 5 game videos of players they're scouting. So in essence I have watched twice as many Carson Wentz game videos than the average scout.

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/08/28/rsp-film-room-no-52-qb-carson-wentz-wmark-schofield/

Glad you bolded all that, I understand your point so much better now.

Some folks require a bigger chisel and hammer. Your Welcome!

Ok Texian, I'll leave you alone.

I want to commend you on the last 8 months where you have tried and mostly succeeded on how you present your views. Like I've said before I like your views and agree with you more than you know.

You see things in Black and White and the reality is much more colorful than you are allowing yourself to enjoy.

Learn the difference between what you think may be and what is the truth. Because if you are not there, everything is supposition.

Please get a book on basic logic and go straight to the fallacy chapter, because when you present your wonderful data you follow all the classic fallacies and it makes your arguments weak.

Just a thought.

It may help you understand why you are getting such pushback and causing you to be such a dick all the time.

I want to commend you on the last 8 months where you have tried and mostly succeeded on how you present your views. Like I've said before I like your views and agree with you more than you know.

You see things in Black and White and the reality is much more colorful than you are allowing yourself to enjoy.

Learn the difference between what you think may be and what is the truth. Because if you are not there, everything is supposition.

Please get a book on basic logic and go straight to the fallacy chapter, because when you present your wonderful data you follow all the classic fallacies and it makes your arguments weak.

Just a thought.

It may help you understand why you are getting such pushback and causing you to be such a dick all the time.

Posting actual multiple videos of a player when someone said there is none applies to all of your sanctimonious garbage and rubbish advice. Right!

Last edited:

Just a thought.

Smartest men on the board IYO

You and Cak should go have a beer sometime.

BTW, I've got many pilot friends and really enjoy their company despite their god complex. We bowl/karaoke etc... together.

Being a Draftnik is a hobby and I don't have a guitar. I've been a draftnik for over 30 years. I started studying the current college QBs the first of June last year because my instinct told me the Texans QB Circus would continue. When you watch and study so many games over that many years you will begin to notice trends and patterns. There are times that I do like to poke the bear. Particularly when this board goes into hibernation, there's not much fun in that. I have scaled down and now I only focus on a few positions, Bah007 and Wolverine are the best sources for all positions. Now that the Texans have their QB I will probably focus on another position next year unless OS pulls a Hoyer.

A scout putting his neck on the line is getting coaches tape, not tv tape. You try to come off like you're watching the same thing and your not. A qb from a small school, they're watching every throw. Just like Obrien said he watched every throw by Os. I forgot, Texian has predicted the ravens should trade flacco for picks and draft wentz or goff. Shortly after those comments, Flacco gets a huge raise. I guess Ozzie is slippin.

Smartest men on the board IYO

You and Cak should go have a beer sometime.

BTW, I've got many pilot friends and really enjoy their company despite their god complex. We bowl/karaoke etc... together.
My point is, you cant make your opinion a fact like some posters try to do. Its fine to project a player in your opinion, but until they do it, you cant pass it as fact. You and disagree, that's fine, but we can move on. Texian tries to have his opinion as fact, it doesnt work that way. I agree with alot of his post,but you cant just say anything and thinks its gonna ride.

My point is, you cant make your opinion a fact like some posters try to do. Its fine to project a player in your opinion, but until they do it, you cant pass it as fact. You and disagree, that's fine, but we can move on. Texian tries to have his opinion as fact, it doesnt work that way. I agree with alot of his post,but you cant just say anything and thinks its gonna ride.
I'm new here, but I've seen enough to realize that Texian was very bullish on Bortles. Bortles is not now, and never will be, special. He's just a guy. Prognostication is just an educated guess. Nothing more. Enough said.

Those videos are already included in the link you posted with the 12 Wentz Games.

That said, those games look like they were recorded off of TV. You can tell sooooo much more from Coaches tape and Endzone views. And then there's practice as well.

It's ok to fall in love with players. We've all done it. But you have to keep in mind that you DON'T have the full picture. You just don't. These guys can get their hands on practice videos and videos from scrimmages you never even knew existed. Hell, some scouts have more than likely been present at practices.You don't have the resources of NFL teams and to suggest you know more about a guy or have seen more of a guy than an NFL team is rather obtuse. And then at the end of it all, they still make mistakes.

Need some more pics of Brock's wife

Erin-Osweiler-Brock-Wife-Wedding.jpg

A scout putting his neck on the line is getting coaches tape, not tv tape. You try to come off like you're watching the same thing and your not. A qb from a small school, they're watching every throw. Just like Obrien said he watched every throw by Os. I forgot, Texian has predicted the ravens should trade flacco for picks and draft wentz or goff. Shortly after those comments, Flacco gets a huge raise. I guess Ozzie is slippin.

You've embarrassed yourself enough here. You've clearly demonstrated that you've no idea what you're talking about. Best you just stop before you do any more damage. Move on....

I'm new here, but I've seen enough to realize that Texian was very bullish on Bortles. Bortles is not now, and never will be, special. He's just a guy. Prognostication is just an educated guess. Nothing more. Enough said.

No, not enough said, there is more to the story if you don't ignore the obvious and it goes like this.....Bortles was the #3 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft and the first QB taken....now....that is all!

Your friggin arguments about videos is about as dumb as your asinine arguments that Wentz is a stupid 4.0 student. Good Grief people you really can do better.

About as asinine as your claim that you are every bit as qualified as a paid scout, coach, GM, owner, because you have watched tape.

I watch a lot of medical shows, you ever need a surgery for cheap let me know. I'm pretty sure I would be just as good, because - tape.

Plus I have always wanted to say "I want that pointy sharp thing stat!"

I really like your post man, you crack me up :)

About as asinine as your claim that you are every bit as qualified as a paid scout, coach, GM, owner, because you have watched tape.

I watch a lot of medical shows, you ever need a surgery for cheap let me know. I'm pretty sure I would be just as good, because - tape.

Plus I have always wanted to say "I want that pointy sharp thing stat!"

I really like your post man, you crack me up :)
The name FuzzyLogic is most appropriate.

JJ has won the defensive player of the year award 3 times in 5 seasons. Only LT has won the DPOY award 3 times... and that was his entire career.

The Texans have had winning seasons 4 of the 5 seasons JJ has been in the league. This despite starting at least 3 QBs each year 4 of those 5 seasons.

If Os can play average AND STAY HEALTHY then there are good things ahead for the Texans!

Your friggin arguments about videos is about as dumb as your asinine arguments that Wentz is a stupid 4.0 student. Good Grief people you really can do better.
Who said a 4.0 student is "stupid". I thought the discussion was that not all college degrees are equal. Isn't that why a Harvard MBA gets a grad a bigger paycheck than one from the University of Phoenix?

The name FuzzyLogic is most appropriate.

Your correct it is, because I'm a jovial guy who doesn't get to caught up in crap and try to keep a sense of humor and be able to laugh at myself when I do or say something stupid, like most of us do.

If I was Rick Smith I would find you and come heckle you at work.

Those videos are already included in the link you posted with the 12 Wentz Games.

That said, those games look like they were recorded off of TV. You can tell sooooo much more from Coaches tape and Endzone views. And then there's practice as well.

It's ok to fall in love with players. We've all done it. But you have to keep in mind that you DON'T have the full picture. You just don't. These guys can get their hands on practice videos and videos from scrimmages you never even knew existed. Hell, some scouts have more than likely been present at practices.You don't have the resources of NFL teams and to suggest you know more about a guy or have seen more of a guy than an NFL team is rather obtuse. And then at the end of it all, they still make mistakes.

Texian reminds me of that guy that plays flight simulator as a hobby and think he knows more about flying a CRJ then a airline pilot

Thank you for illustrating my point. Again, enough said. (The quote didn't stick somehow, and I have no
Idea how to
Go back and change it. reacting to Texian's reply to my post about Bortles being just a guy)

Last edited:

That 1st link didn't work for me.

No, not enough said, there is more to the story if you don't ignore the obvious and it goes like this.....Bortles was the #3 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft and the first QB taken....now....that is all!

Thank you for illustrating my point. Again, enough said. (The quote didn't stick somehow, and I have no
Idea how to
Go back and change it. reacting to Texian's reply to my post about Bortles being just a guy)

Not a problem. Don't worry about it.

Who said a 4.0 student is "stupid". I thought the discussion was that not all college degrees are equal. Isn't that why a Harvard MBA gets a grad a bigger paycheck than one from the University of Phoenix?
I posted a quote from Greg Cosell that Wentz was a 4.0 student. There was no mention of other college degrees. That was it. Then the haters came out. And their response was a 4.0 from NDSU was about as dumb a 4.0 as you could get. It was a cheap shot and a personal attack. I thought you would be able to see this for what it is. I guess not.

Last edited:
Texian reminds me of that guy that plays flight simulator as a hobby and think he knows more about flying a CRJ then a airline pilot
Having a conversation around here is often like having a conversation with a 5 year old who was caught making up stories or with their hand in cookie jar. They think know everything and are not mature enough to admit any wrong doing. So they engage in making excuses, making up more stories, blame others or anything to prevent them being wrong or getting in trouble. Welcome to that crowd. You have quite a few friends.

Having a conversation around here is often like having a conversation with a 5 year old who was caught making up stories or with their hand in cookie jar. They think know everything and are not mature enough to admit any wrong doing. So they engage in making excuses, making up more stories, blame others or anything to prevent them being wrong or getting in trouble. Welcome to that crowd. You have quite a few friends.

All due respect, I think you should check the mirror out for the member of that crowd sir.

Today's Learning Lesson;

Many here think that being a scout for an NFL team requires a PHD from a major university. Nothing could be further from the truth. Actually you don't have to have a formal education to be a scout. From that standpoint many here could be a scout. You have to be able to memorize about 100 terms like "Bubble Butt" so you can write scouting reports ( a glorified secretary). Scouting is more of an Art and less of a Science. The best asset for a good scout is an intelligent pair of eyes. All scouts can talk the talk and write the reports but many cannot separate the wheat from the chaff. Not everyone can recognize the football player and separate them from a Track and Field star or Weight Room Rat. Like coaches, that is why so many of them fail. That's why there is a high turnover rate in the scouting community. That and the pay. Being a scout is one of the lowest paying jobs in the organization. If scouting required the intelligence and skill that many believe it to be Scouts would be some of the highest paid employees not some of the lowest. Bottom line is they're human beings doing average and mundane jobs that takes good judgement over any specialized skill.

All due respect, I think you should check the mirror out for the member of that crowd sir.
Of course you do, a perfect classic example of a response expected from that crowd, now put the cookie back unless of course you're still in middle school then you're excused.

I mentioned that Wentz was a 4.0 student.No mention of other college degrees. That was it. Then the haters came out. And their response was a 4.0 from NDSU was about as dumb a 4.0 as you could get. It was a cheap shot and a personal attack. I thought you would be able to see this for what it is. I guess not.

How do I get over my prejudice against souless gingers?

There are a lot of 5 year olds on this MB.

I mentioned that Wentz was a 4.0 student.No mention of other college degrees. That was it. Then the haters came out. And their response was a 4.0 from NDSU was about as dumb a 4.0 as you could get. It was a cheap shot and a personal attack. I thought you would be able to see this for what it is. I guess not.

No you mentioned that he was a 4.0 just like Luck and inferred because of that that he was just as smart as Luck. Others merely pointed out that a degree from NDSU was not the same as a degree from Stanford. You are the only one that took that way out of context and decided that it was a personal attack on you and Wentz

No you mentioned that he was a 4.0 just like Luck and inferred because of that that he was just as smart as Luck. Others merely pointed out that a degree from NDSU was not the same as a degree from Stanford. You are the only one that took that way out of context and decided that it was a personal attack on you and Wentz

No I didn't, that was a quote from Greg Cosell, "Like Luck, Wentz is smart. He was a 4.0 student at North Dakota State. Physically, the two are similar, and we’ll get to that in a bit. One thing that stood out to me about Wentz is his poise in critical moments. That reminds me of Luck as well." ....LIKE LUCK, WENTZ IS SMART .....That was all it took for the haters to come out of the woodwork to diminish and disparage Wentz. Cheap shots and personal attacks every one. Why else the attacks, if you can prove that Wentz would NOT have been a 4.0 student at Stanford then we can continue this conversation. No more arguing for the sake of arguing as you are so prone to do.

Looking at the highlights Os seems to stare down his 1st read alot. Hopefully BOB can work with him on this.
He's also pretty much a rookie, and he didn't even have a complete rookie season. (7 starts) And he arguably performed just as good, if not better than all the current elite QBs did as rookies. I'm excited to see how the second half of his rookie season (with us) plays out.

How do I get over my prejudice against souless gingers?
Find some gingers who excelled in their respective endeavors. Personally I think gingers are very good athletes. This is not a fact this is my opinion. Because I said "I Think" Cak will take it as fact. :)

No I didn't, that was a quote from Greg Cosell, "Like Luck, Wentz is smart. He was a 4.0 student at North Dakota State. Physically, the two are similar, and we’ll get to that in a bit. One thing that stood out to me about Wentz is his poise in critical moments. That reminds me of Luck as well." ....LIKE LUCK, WENTZ IS SMART .....That was all it took for the haters to come out of the woodwork to diminish and disparage Wentz. Cheap shots and personal attacks every one. Why else the attacks, if you can prove that Wentz would NOT have been a 4.0 student at Stanford then we can continue this conversation. No more arguing for the sake of arguing as you are so prone to do.

Nope, these were the 1st 2 posts after you mentioned the article:

So... a 4.0 at NDState is the same as a 4.0 from Stanford?

No attack or disparagement there.

Instead of answer you spun off to wonderlic.

A Stanford student who makes a 40 test score on a Wonderlic test and a NDSU student who makes a 40 test score on a Wonderlic test = the same 40 test score on a Wonderlic test.

Do you know if Wentz could not have achieved a 4.0 at Stanford?

Oh and ended with your oft used tactic of asking someone to prove a negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back