Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

Brandin Cooks to the Texans

badboy

Hall of Fame
Cooks is coming off his worst season as a pro and hasn't played a down for the Texans. Let's cool the guaranteed $$$$ talk until after it's warranted.
Steel's point seems to be correct and on target, pointing out Cook may be cut or renegotiated to Texans benefit. He was not suggesting increasing GTD $ in future. I think you mis-read or mis-understood. This is exactly type info we should be posting.

Lucky

Staff member
He was not suggesting increasing GTD $ in future. I think you mis-read or mis-understood.
Yep, but the guaranteed $$$$ has run out, so he can be re-signed on a cheaper deal with more guaranteed $$$$.
Have I entered the twilight zone? Where more guaranteed money does not mean increasing guaranteed money?

Next, you'll tell me left is right. Up is down.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Have I entered the twilight zone? Where more guaranteed money does not mean increasing guaranteed money?

I'm talking about renegotiating his contract after this season. After you get an idea if Cooks can stay healthy. It's not a matter of health with Cooks. What do you think a new contract would look like if Cooks stays healthy and is productive? The point is the Texans will be in good cap shape after this yr, whether they keep DJ and Cooks or they let them walk because there are avenues to lower or cut them for cap savings if they dont produce.

The cap situation would've been worse if the had kept Nuk on his current deal while he was unhappy. Or in even worse shape if they had re-signed Nuk to a 20 mil per yr deal over 5 yrs. To me Nuk, while a really good WR isn't worth 20 mil per yr.

This has nothing to do with this yr.

badboy

Hall of Fame

you

I meant and I think Steel meant the future of his current deal has no guaranteed money. Steel also said that he hoped that Cook would have the kind of a season that would lead to a future contract with GTD $. Irregardless, several of us on the MB want to discuss this sort of things . Of course you do not have to.