Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY'S 2022 draft and trades

Of course he would be eligible to be traded per the CBA..having said that..NFL imo already has enough to move DW out of NFL. I don't understand why it has not unless Goodell knows more than many thinks he does. RG could avoid a lot by kicking W out of NFL; improves image, saves McNair bouceaup money and pleases many fans. Still, he hasn't. We know he is definitely not afraid or concerned about the Players Association.

What some posters have said that did not happen is more than I care to post now. However for example just this weekend one poster said that W has no trade value and then contradicted that by saying that at least two teams have been contacting the Texans weekly.

It has also been said that no team would be interested in trading for W even if the civil claims are resolved and the legal claims do not resolve in confinement. Yet we also have many alleged insider sources claiming more than two teams have contacted Houston.
Another whose name skips me for now has repeatedly said no team would want him for face of team yet same sources keep saying opposite.

Last week We were assured that criminal indictment would happen immediately by one of our legal Minds. Still waiting...

Like I've said before God'ell is waiting until LEO/DA releases their findings before he takes action. See: Roethlisbeger/Elliott/Hill/Rice etc... as a guide.

There will be no trades until the legal stuff is settled. A GM would be fired on the spot if say, Roseman traded three 1sts for this POS and he was convicted and sentenced to say 40 yrs. Contacted? yes, serious trade talks? Nope. It's called doing due diligence on the part of interested GM's.

Posters were going off of past history when predicting when these indictments would go down. (Not me) Unfortunately with this POS celebrity past history doesn't apply.

Just know this, the wheels of justice move very slowly, but justice will eventually be served, whether this POS is found guilty or not.

I enjoy "deals".

Detroit will go now with Goff as starter and he will disappoint. His 2020 stats of 552/3952 20 TDs but 13 INTs will bring offers as his base for 2022 is just under $11m. PFF was 71.4 and a team needing a good but not great QB that has an oline should offer something for 2022.

Watson will be on field by 2022.

Texans get Lions round ones in 2022 that I project as 1.2 and 1.29 plus OT Penei Sewell and 2020 corner Jeff Okudah. Detroit drafted Sewell as BPA but were surprised when neither Miami or Bengals selected him. Watson is worth this package going into the 2022 season.

Eagles seeing Watson gone with Houston perhaps taking Howell with the first pick decide to trade up for that pick. Sure, by next year other QBs may be enticing but for now IMO he is only one worthy of a top 5 pick. Having said that, Eagles also will be aware that other teams needing a star play-caller could LeapFrog them to accomplish the same thing with Houston. We know from the recent draft that I am not only one capable of unexpected moves in round one.

Philly gets 1.1 3300 points
Texans get 1.4 1800 1.20 850 & 1.22 780= 3430

Summary:
1.2 +1.4+1.20+1.22+1.29

If another quarterback is another Zach Wilson , I can see Houston trading down from 1.2 to pick up other selections.
I am beginning to think that Detroit would be a better place than Philly to make a deal. My source is now tell me that Eagles wide receiver Devonta Smith has had his second leg injury in the short preseason.

Based on what I now see with three games in NFL done:

DW to Eagles for three 2022 round ones. This is concession or 'softened'. No players and NO risk relief for picks. 1.4 1.7 and 1.9

1.1 to NYG for 2022 two round ones allowing John Mara to bail himself out with fans. 1.5 1.10

Laremy Tunsil to NYJ for 2022 round one 1.3 and 2023 round one.

1.1 NYG best QB
1.2 Jags Thibodeaux
1.3 Texans CB Booth
1.4 Texans CB Stingley
1.5 Texans S Brandon Joseph
1.6 Lions 2nd best QB
1.7 Texans S Hamilton
1.8 Panthers OT Neal
1.9 Texans LT Charles Cross
1.10 Texans LB/DE Tre Williams
2.33 LB Christian Harris
2.52 Center Luke Matthews Trade up of 2.65 and the comp third for Roby

Based on what I now see with three games in NFL done:

DW to Eagles for three 2022 round ones. This is concession or 'softened'. No players and NO risk relief for picks. 1.4 1.7 and 1.9

1.1 to NYG for 2022 two round ones allowing John Mara to bail himself out with fans. 1.5 1.10

Laremy Tunsil to NYJ for 2022 round one 1.3 and 2023 round one.

1.1 NYG best QB
1.2 Jags Thibodeaux
1.3 Texans CB Booth
1.4 Texans CB Stingley
1.5 Texans S Brandon Joseph
1.6 Lions 2nd best QB
1.7 Texans S Hamilton
1.8 Panthers OT Neal
1.9 Texans LT Charles Cross
1.10 Texans LB/DE Tre Williams
2.33 LB Christian Harris
2.52 Center Luke Matthews Trade up of 2.65 and the comp third for Roby

So a Sexual Predator and a LT you dont want because according to you he's overpaid is worth five 1st rd picks?

Wow, this is preposterous trade guy fantasyland.

Reactions: JB
Yet you continue to read and continue to post. :hankpalm::fishing:

Cant stand the truth, I'm actually enjoying conversing with you in this thread. I find it laughable you think the Texans will be able to get 5 1st rd picks for these guys and the fact that as a guy so worried about the cap, that you dont realize the cap ramifications of having this many 1st rd picks on the roster bunched so close together with them hitting FA at approximately the same time.

Tell you what, lets revisit this after the Pervert is traded and maybe if Tunsil is traded.

I kinda hope you're right and these trades go down the way you want them too, just so that you can say you're right. Then 4-5 yrs later when the franchise is in cap hell we can revisit what went wrong. (Again) This would be very entertaining.

Cant stand the truth, I'm actually enjoying conversing with you in this thread. I find it laughable you think the Texans will be able to get 5 1st rd picks for these guys and the fact that as a guy so worried about the cap, that you dont realize the cap ramifications of having this many 1st rd picks on the roster bunched so close together with them hitting FA at approximately the same time.

Tell you what, lets revisit this after the Pervert is traded and maybe if Tunsil is traded.

I kinda hope you're right and these trades go down the way you want them too, just so that you can say you're right. Then 4-5 yrs later when the franchise is in cap hell we can revisit what went wrong. (Again) This would be very entertaining.
I find it interesting that you have gone from absolutely impossible that DW will ever play again let alone be traded to now in this and other posts you have alluded to when he will be traded.
As the standard voiced by several other people across the USA stating the possibility of 3 round ones plus other lower rounds + 1 or 2 players and mentioning Philadelphia who has a possible three high in 2022 I don't think it's fantasy. May not happen but not fantasy.

1.1 in trade is valued at 3000 points. 1.5 and 1.10 my NYG prediction = 3000..so may not happen but all known about that team says owner desperately wants franchise QB. Only issue for me is whether there will be that franchise QB that the team would want and if there is would Houston prefer that player rather than having pics 5 + 10.
I remind you that you did state that if the Texans were to receive a top 10 round 1 in 2022 and 2023 you would definitely consider trading Tunsil.

NYJ urgently need an offensive line to protect their new rookie quarterback. Unlike us they have high round one invested in Wilson.

Woody and Christopher Johnson have to be agitated watching Buffalo surge ahead and Dolphins being all over DW in Media.

2022 three round ones Philly + two from Giants + one from Jets and another in 2023 plus our own? Sure turn that down and laugh is on you.

To clarify I am not worried about the salary cap and neither are you looking at your post against trading Tunsil. You have often said cap will go up 'based on NFL connecting with gambling.'

Last edited:
I find it interesting that you have gone from absolutely impossible that DW will ever play again let alone be traded to now in this and other posts you have alluded to when he will be traded.
As the standard voiced by several other people across the USA stating the possibility of 3 round ones plus other lower rounds + 1 or 2 players and mentioning Philadelphia who has a possible three high in 2022 I don't think it's fantasy. May not happen but not fantasy.

1.1 in trade is valued at 3000 points. 1.5 and 1.10 my NYG prediction = 3000..so may not happen but all known about that team says owner desperately wants franchise QB. Only issue for me is whether there will be that franchise QB that the team would want and if there is would Houston prefer that player rather than having pics 5 + 10.
I remind you that you did state that if the Texans were to receive a top 10 round 1 in 2022 and 2023 you would definitely consider trading Tunsil.

NYJ urgently need an offensive line to protect their new rookie quarterback. Unlike us they have high round one invested in Wilson.

Woody and Christopher Johnson have to be agitated watching Buffalo surge ahead and Dolphins being all over DW in Media.

2022 three round ones Philly + two from Giants + one from Jets and another in 2023 plus our own? Sure turn that down and laugh is on you.

To clarify I am not worried about the salary cap and neither are you looking at your post against trading Tunsil. You have often said cap will go up 'based on NFL connecting with gambling.'
To Clarify, I've said he won't be traded until after the depositions are taken in 2022 at the earliest and the Texans won't be getting the type of haul that you're expecting for him if he is traded. That's provided he doesn't go to jail. I never said absolutely he was going to jail. I said I would like to see him do some time, because maybe that might humble his perverted azz.

To Clarify, I've said he won't be traded until after the depositions are taken in 2022 at the earliest and the Texans won't be getting the type of haul that you're expecting for him if he is traded. That's provided he doesn't go to jail. I never said absolutely he was going to jail. I said I would like to see him do some time, because maybe that might humble his perverted azz.
When/if the Pervert gets out of prison, that's when the question of his trade value should be asked.

After reading through 13 complaints I hope his azz goes to jail for at least 40 yrs and he's traded to the Mean Mechine for a female dog. Society needs rid itself of POS like this Pervert. There's a pttern to his perversions and yes, my mind is made up and It's not going to be changed. It baffles me how anybody could read what that pervert did and also was confirmed by a lady in the SI article who chose to not file a complaint, but still think there's a chance this Pervert is innocent.

I know there are a few of us on this MB that dont give a crap if they get anything in trade for the Pervert, they just want to see the Pervert do major time and never play another down of football in the NFL. Then and only then would justice be served. IMHO

I always have said his azz should be in prison for the crap he did and I he should end up there if justice isn't for sale. Which we all know about that story. Not that you care BB with your morality driven life.

That is except when it comes to the Perverts trade value, then you leave your morality comfortably tucked away in the closet because being moral doesn't suit what you want. We call that a hypocrite in the sticks where I grew up.

Take that as you may.

And I have said if he is convicted I hope he goes to jail also.

So if he's not convicted do you think what he did was moral or the right thing to do? If no you should be hoping his azz is in jail too for about 25 yrs.

So to me I really dont care if he's convicted or not.

I always have said his azz should be in prison for the crap he did and I he should end up there if justice isn't for sale. Which we all know about that story. Not that you care BB with your morality driven life.

That is except when it comes to the Perverts trade value, then you leave your morality comfortably tucked away in the closet because being moral doesn't suit what you want. We call that a hypocrite in the sticks where I grew up.

Take that as you may.
Again you attacked my morals. My morals say that a man is innocent until proven guilty regardless of what he is accused of. You sir have a Lynch Mob mentality regardless if you think you are in the public opinion realm or not. I've tried to discuss with you again but you always go personal. Not long ago in a reply to Earl34 IIRC you stated several of your posts to him were deleted. You just do not care what you say or how. And you talk about media types who say anything to garner attention. As someone else recently said "can you imagine if Steelbtexan was a reporter. "

I cannot believe you have not been banned.

I will no longer reply to you.

Again you attacked my morals. My morals say that a man is innocent until proven guilty regardless of what he is accused of. You sir have a Lynch Mob mentality regardless if you think you are in the public opinion realm or not. I've tried to discuss with you again but you always go personal. Not long ago in a reply to Earl34 IIRC you stated several of your posts to him were deleted. You just do not care what you say or how. And you talk about media types who say anything to garner attention. As someone else recently said "can you imagine if Steelbtexan was a reporter. "

I cannot believe you have not been banned.

I will no longer reply to you.

It's not personal, I would question anybody who backed an obvious sexual predator. I'm going to miss talking draft stuff with you. This is whether he's convicted of sexual assault or not. Maybe we should only discuss draft stuff in your BB players thread since we will never agree on this topic. If you dont want to consider doing this I get why. But know that I will never support a guy like the Sexual Predator whether it's what they get in trade for him/if he gets to play again etc...

It's sad that a guy like the Sexual Predator can divide like he's done this MB, but I guess these are just the times we live in. As far as what I say or how, I thought we were all adults here.

It's not personal, I would question anybody who backed an obvious sexual predator. I'm going to miss talking draft stuff with you. This is whether he's convicted of sexual assault or not. Maybe we should only discuss draft stuff in your BB players thread since we will never agree on this topic. If you dont want to consider doing this I get why. But know that I will never support a guy like the Sexual Predator whether it's what they get in trade for him/if he gets to play again etc...

It's sad that a guy like the Sexual Predator can divide like he's done this MB, but I guess these are just the times we live in. As far as what I say or how, I thought we were all adults here.
You just don't seem to get it. It is personal when you question a poster's morals. I have never supported or backed Watson in this area. I do support his right under the Constitution and I think I am mature enough not to call him names. I dislike him for agreeing to his contract and then wanting to be traded regardless of the reason. I also do not like what I know he has admitted to with multi women. But that does not make him guilty of a crime only of being stupid. I will let the justice system proceed then if found guilty will support whatever that system sentences him to. If he is found innocent I still do not want him on the Texans. However in the meantime if another team now having the knowledge and time to investigate him wants him he has the right to be traded and the Texans have the right to trade him. I have a right to dislike the trade or what Caserio accepts.

You question my ethics but are okay talking with me in my other thread... and you think I am a hypocrite? If I thought your morals were not good I would not want to talk to you at all. It's not your morals that I question.

I think the only team that would have any interest in pulling a Trade Deadline move is the Dolphins. They’re 1-2 due to horrendous QB play and may want to salvage their season.

If the Dolphins were to make a move….I’d like CB- Howard, 2022 RD1 (1), and 2023 RD1 (2). Those RD1 picks would certainly become late RD1’s unless Watson went down due to injury, then a trade with the Dolphins could finally go the Texans way.

Maybe the Texans could move Tunsil to the Eagles, who are starving at LT, for CB- Steven Nelson (would come cheap this season), OT- Andre Dillard (a bust w/ injuries thus far) and their #2 and #3 picks in RD1 of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Texans RD1 Picks: (Tankathon Current Projection)
06 (PHI):
08 (Texans): (I think the Texans will be inside the first 4 picks….#3)
10 (PHI):
22 (MIA):

PLUS:
CB- Howard
CB- Nelson
OT- Dillard

RD1 (Texans)
RD1 (MIA)
RD1 (MIA)

RD1-03: S/CB- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame) 6-4 @ 220 lbs. He’s going to be an awesome DB with all the tangibles desired in a top notch athlete. With this pick, the Texans defensive backfield could become something spectacular.
CB- Howard
CB- Nelson
SS- Hamilton (Texans would finally have a big TE shutdown DB)
FS- Reid

RD1-06: DL- DeMarvin Leal (Texas A&M) 6-4 @ 290 lbs. Versatile and impactful enough to really help the Texans front 4. He could go inside or outside and be an immediate contributor either way.

RD1-10: OT- Jaxson Kirkland (Washington) 6-6 @ 310 lbs. Moving up boards b/c he’s an ultra athletic LT who has a strong base, fluidity, good bend, and good hand pop. He’ll get even better as he gains more NFL weight and strength.

RD1-22: LB- Brandon Smith (Penn St) 6-3 @ 242 lbs. Supposedly popped a 4.3-40….for a guy carrying that size he would be a freaking weapon on the outside. He hits and he tackles with an attitude. Not to mention he’s coming from Linebacker University.

RD2-03: QB- Kenny Pickett (Pitt) 6-2 @ 220 lbs. If he’s is still on the board in RD2, I’d be very tempted to pick him right away. I just saw today that USA Today has added him to their 2022 CFB QB watch. They even went as far to plug him as a possible Dan Marino type and the next best Pitt QB since Marino. That kind of talk could certainly push him into RD1 consideration.

RD3-03: OC- Ricky Stromberg (Arkansas) 6-4 @ 311 lbs. Smart athletic center who plays the game with a finisher’s attitude. Could be a perfect prospect to work behind and learn from Kenny Britt.

RD3-17: (NO) RB- Zach Charbonnet (UCLA) 6-1 @ 220 lbs. Big strong runner who’s impressing talent accounts this season. Day 1 NFL ready size. Still looking for 40 times…..haven’t found any yet. He started with Michigan and had an awesome Freshman year but somehow wound up at UCLA. Could be a solid RD3 investment unless his 40 time at the Combine and/or Pro Day escalate him up the boards.

RD4-22: (LAR) CB- Coby Bryant (Cincinnati) 6-1 @ 198 lbs. Scouts are high on this Senior CB. Will he be there late in RD4?

RD5 - RD7 may depend on Caserio and if he decides to package them to move up in the draft.

RD2-03: QB- Kenny Pickett (Pitt) 6-2 @ 220 lbs. If he’s is still on the board in RD2, I’d be very tempted to pick him right away. I just saw today that USA Today has added him to their 2022 CFB QB watch. They even went as far to plug him as a possible Dan Marino type and the next best Pitt QB since Marino. That kind of talk could certainly push him into RD1 consideration.

I’ve been monitoring him. I can definitely see him getting a SB invite and potentially doing really well against better competition.

Right now he already has 300 yds in the first half versus Georgia Tech.

I think the only team that would have any interest in pulling a Trade Deadline move is the Dolphins. They’re 1-2 due to horrendous QB play and may want to salvage their season.

If the Dolphins were to make a move….I’d like CB- Howard, 2022 RD1 (1), and 2023 RD1 (2). Those RD1 picks would certainly become late RD1’s unless Watson went down due to injury, then a trade with the Dolphins could finally go the Texans way.

Maybe the Texans could move Tunsil to the Eagles, who are starving at LT, for CB- Steven Nelson (would come cheap this season), OT- Andre Dillard (a bust w/ injuries thus far) and their #2 and #3 picks in RD1 of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Texans RD1 Picks: (Tankathon Current Projection)
06 (PHI):
08 (Texans): (I think the Texans will be inside the first 4 picks….#3)
10 (PHI):
22 (MIA):

PLUS:
CB- Howard
CB- Nelson
OT- Dillard

RD1 (Texans)
RD1 (MIA)
RD1 (MIA)

RD1-03: S/CB- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame) 6-4 @ 220 lbs. He’s going to be an awesome DB with all the tangibles desired in a top notch athlete. With this pick, the Texans defensive backfield could become something spectacular.
CB- Howard
CB- Nelson
SS- Hamilton (Texans would finally have a big TE shutdown DB)
FS- Reid

RD1-06: DL- DeMarvin Leal (Texas A&M) 6-4 @ 290 lbs. Versatile and impactful enough to really help the Texans front 4. He could go inside or outside and be an immediate contributor either way.

RD1-10: OT- Jaxson Kirkland (Washington) 6-6 @ 310 lbs. Moving up boards b/c he’s an ultra athletic LT who has a strong base, fluidity, good bend, and good hand pop. He’ll get even better as he gains more NFL weight and strength.

RD1-22: LB- Brandon Smith (Penn St) 6-3 @ 242 lbs. Supposedly popped a 4.3-40….for a guy carrying that size he would be a freaking weapon on the outside. He hits and he tackles with an attitude. Not to mention he’s coming from Linebacker University.

RD3-03: OC- Ricky Stromberg (Arkansas) 6-4 @ 311 lbs. Smart athletic center who plays the game with a finisher’s attitude. Could be a perfect prospect to work behind and learn from Kenny Britt.

RD3-17: (NO) RB- Zach Charbonnet (UCLA) 6-1 @ 220 lbs. Big strong runner who’s impressing talent accounts this season. Day 1 NFL ready size. Still looking for 40 times…..haven’t found any yet. He started with Michigan and had an awesome Freshman year but somehow wound up at UCLA. Could be a solid RD3 investment unless his 40 time at the Combine and/or Pro Day escalate him up the boards.

RD4-22: (LAR) CB- Coby Bryant (Cincinnati) 6-1 @ 198 lbs. Scouts are high on this Senior CB. Will he be there late in RD4?

RD5 - RD7 may depend on Caserio and if he decides to package them to move up in the draft.
Good news is of the three round ones only Miami's 2023 original would be impacted by DW as other two are from San Fran and depend their record. Tunsil to Philly is interesting due to news today that Mailata to remain out due to knee 'sprain' which may be more serious than some thought. Last month he signed a huge extension and Lane Johnson is just beginning his new money with huge dead. Eagles have cap space of $17 m can handle Tunsil's base of less than one million. Tunsil replaces Mailata at LT perhaps until late season or all if I'm right on the latter's injury. I could see Lane Johnson at LG with Herbig at RG. Give me Philly's top two firsts as you say but I want Dickerson as Kelce is their starting center. I am not against Nelson but his contract voids after this year and you can get him as a FA.

Howard and three ones [2022 and 2023] for Watson.
Two round ones for Tunsil.
Two round ones for our first pick.

My prediction of Colts beating Miami hopefully will strengthen Caserio's position if he is interested in trading with Miami. They still have a chance to go 11-6 with DW and winning division from there it is wide open. I think Corner X Howard and SF 2022 traded to Dolphins this last draft and at least one of the two in 2023 will be offered by Ross. I've thought Waddel would be off table but he is averaging 8 per catch and if pressured to be included to accept Tagovailoa could be in the package.

Watson and Brandin Cooks 13.2 per catch and only $2 million to Dolphins this year.

for X Howard; Jaelan Phillips; Jevon Holland 1.27 ; round three for Cooks and both round ones in 2023. Tua Tag as leverage to open dead $ for Dolphins.

Edited as posted 1.3 for Cooks and should have been round three in 2022.

Last edited:
Miami's in a win now mode....what would Miami have to give up if they wanted to make a blockbuster deal with the Texans to obtain:

QB- Watson
LT- Tunsil
WR- Cooks
LG- Howard

Miami would be getting better versions of Tunsil and Cooks back during their win now moment. It should cost them a lot but desperate teams have to be prepared to pay. Texans would be unloading unwanted contracts and gaining both players and picks in return. I'm dumping Howard in this scenario since he'll be looking for something like a contract he's never earned next year.

So y'all think the Eagles who just signed their LT to an extension and they've got the highest paid RT in the NFL is looking to trade two 1sts for Tunsil?

Give me some of what y'all are smoking.

Miami's in a win now mode....what would Miami have to give up if they wanted to make a blockbuster deal with the Texans to obtain:

QB- Watson
LT- Tunsil
WR- Cooks
LG- Howard

Miami would be getting better versions of Tunsil and Cooks back during their win now moment. It should cost them a lot but desperate teams have to be prepared to pay. Texans would be unloading unwanted contracts and gaining both players and picks in return. I'm dumping Howard in this scenario since he'll be looking for something like a contract he's never earned next year.

I doubt Greir has enough picks/cap space to make a massive trade like this one.

QB- Watson
LT- Tunsil
WR- Cooks
LG- Howard

During 2020 I considered just this sort of trade -not with Howard though. Gave it up as Miami did not have enough then IMO and much less now. As you know I would trade Tunsil for right package but think we could get more moving him elsewhere than to Miami. DW should bring most of the good stuff by himself and I had to edit my prior post to clarify.

I am also not writing Howard off and he is under contract thru 2022 and as a round one..if he hits.. we control his 5th year.

QB- Watson
LT- Tunsil
WR- Cooks
LG- Howard

Just a thought after pondering your post and my old notes: Denver is 3-1 but over Giants, Jags and Jets.. losing last game to Ravens.

Denver gets Watson, Tunsil and Brandin Cooks

Houston gets WR Jerry Jeudy (injured); RB Jevonte Williams; Edge Bradley Chubb (injured); CB Patrick Surtain; DE Dre'Mont Jones; CB Michael Ojemudia (injured) and safety Jamar Johnson. 2022 round one projected 1.26 & 2023 round one.

Would then trade down our round one to Giants for their two firsts and select corner Andrew Booth and Lt Charles Cross.

Have we ever had a good OL? Geez, some of that was frustrating.

I’m thinking the team could use their 2 prime equity trade pieces (Watson & Tunsil) to bring in solid young pieces to help with the OL rebuild and a couple of veteran CB pieces to upgrade the defensive backfield.

OG- Dickerson / Alabama (PHI) ROOKIE YR
OG- Eichenberg / Notre Dame (MIA) ROOKIE YR
CB- Howard (MIA) 6 YR VET
CB- Nelson (PHI) 7 YR VET

Plus several picks spread out over 2022, 2023, and maybe even 2024. Dickerson and Eichenberg would be long-term solutions provided their level of play justifies extensions at some point. Howard and Nelson would solid bridge players who could handle the job until replacement CB’s are obtained via the draft or free agency.

I’d be stoked if 3 of the expected RD1 picks in 2022 yielded a return of:

SS- Kyle Hamilton / Notre Dame / 6-4 @ 220 lbs
OC- Tyler Linderbaum / Iowa / 6-3 @ 290 lbs
OT- Trevor Penning / Northern Iowa / 6-7 @ 340 lbs

I’m thinking the team could use their 2 prime equity trade pieces (Watson & Tunsil) to bring in solid young pieces to help with the OL rebuild and a couple of veteran CB pieces to upgrade the defensive backfield.

OG- Dickerson / Alabama (PHI) ROOKIE YR
OG- Eichenberg / Notre Dame (MIA) ROOKIE YR
CB- Howard (MIA) 6 YR VET
CB- Nelson (PHI) 7 YR VET

Plus several picks spread out over 2022, 2023, and maybe even 2024. Dickerson and Eichenberg would be long-term solutions provided their level of play justifies extensions at some point. Howard and Nelson would solid bridge players who could handle the job until replacement CB’s are obtained via the draft or free agency.

I’d be stoked if 3 of the expected RD1 picks in 2022 yielded a return of:

SS- Kyle Hamilton / Notre Dame / 6-4 @ 220 lbs
OC- Tyler Linderbaum / Iowa / 6-3 @ 290 lbs
OT- Trevor Penning / Northern Iowa / 6-7 @ 340 lbs
My 2 cents, I prefer Dickerson at center and I am not as high on Linderbaum as most. I am interested in Penning but am concerned he may be like Robert Hunt when he came out. I really like Charles Cross who is rapidly moving up the draft rankings.

Hoping that Davis Mills has another step forward against the Colts this Sunday. Interesting thought is Wentz playing against Houston impacts one of the draft picks for the Eagles that I am interested in. I want him to play 70% of the snaps and still have the Colts lose.

Last edited:
Might need to keep an eye on the Browns situation regarding Beckham, Jr. If rumors pan out the Browns could be in a crunch for a WR. Texans Cooks could be an answer to their situation and the return might be decent considering the season the Browns are having. They still have the Ravens breathing down their necks which should keep the Browns dancing as the Trade Deadline gets closer.

Might need to keep an eye on the Browns situation regarding Beckham, Jr. If rumors pan out the Browns could be in a crunch for a WR. Texans Cooks could be an answer to their situation and the return might be decent considering the season the Browns are having. They still have the Ravens breathing down their necks which should keep the Browns dancing as the Trade Deadline gets closer.
Cooks is Easterby's Golden Boy, I don't see it. Again it if it did happen, it would be another one with a restructured contract in 2021 and would add a ton of dead money in 2022.

Cooks is Easterby's Golden Boy, I don't see it. Again it if it did happen, it would be another one with a restructured contract in 2021 and would add a ton of dead money in 2022.

……but 2022 needs to be the season of new rookie contracts and low-end roster filling veteran money. 2022 must be the season to yank the cap band-aid off no matter how much it hurts.

A trade opens $3 million this year and dead $ of 2.5 m {adjusted for games played} and $7.5 dead 2022. That is a lot for next year but eliminates a bad final season of $16.235 million cap hit. I understand your concern about Easterby but doubt Caserio would not get his way if a third was offered.

A trade opens $3 million this year and dead $ of 2.5 m {adjusted for games played} and $7.5 dead 2022. That is a lot for next year but eliminates a bad final season of $16.235 million cap hit. I understand your concern about Easterby but doubt Caserio would not get his way if a third was offered.
Cooks has 5 consecutive seasons of 1000 yds receiving. If Caserio doesn't a 2nd RD for Cooks he is not doing his job. Cooks salary is a big swallow for some trades.

Brandin Cooks Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Fans complaining about poor coaching, quarterback not being good, players need to be cut or traded and the team being blown up and using the draft in 2022 to go forward.

Those comments were in an article about the Miami Dolphins and another article about the Philadelphia Eagles. I would not be surprised if the Giants and Detroit Lions fans were feeling the same way we do here in Houston.

At least the Jaguars and the Bengals have their supposed franchise quarterback of the future

I don’t see the Texans trading their big commodities until the 2023 NFL season starts at some point in March 2023. The “Dead Money” hits for these assets would be tremendously reduced in 2023.

2023 Trade Assets / Dead Money Before 2023 NFL Draft:
LT- Tunsil / 8.3M
LB- Cunningham / 8.6M
OL- Howard / 5th Year Option **Playing for his roster spot**
WR- Cooks / 5.0

QB- Watson / 10.8M **Sit, play, pout, refuse to play=fine, but not trading him in 2022**

Why I mentioned the above before showing my Mock Draft….these assets will not be adding picks to the 2022 NFL Draft. The return for the 2023 NFL Draft should be pretty nice if the team is still holding “their” picks.

2022 Mock Draft (Texans would be picking #2…sorry, Lions wanted the #1 more.) (PFF SIM)
** Giants may have a strong desire to move up and have the assets to do it. Texans send RD1-02-002 and RD2-02-034. Giants send RD1-07-007, RD1-10-010, RD6-26-206** Giants made this trade and drafted CB- Derrick Stingley (LSU) with the #2 pick. Lions drafted Thibodeaux. There was a run on CB’s, LT, and DL until the Texans pick.

RD1-07-007: SS- Kyle Hamilton / 6-4 @ 220 lbs / Notre Dame
RD1-10-010: OG- Kenyon Green / 6-4 @ 325 lbs / Texas A&M

RD2-07-039: CB- Mykael Wright / 5-11 @ 185 lbs / Oregon

RD3-02-066: OG- Zion Johnson / 6-3 @ 317 lbs / Boston College
RD3-22-086: RB- Tyler Algeier / 5-11 @ 220 lbs / BYU

RD4-28-129: RB- Sincere McCormick / 5-9 @ 205 lbs / UTSA

RD5-02-144: CB- Jermaine Waller / 6-1 @ 180 lbs / Virginia Tech

RD6-02-181: RB- Kennedy Brooks / 5-11 @ 215 lbs / Oklahoma
RD6-12-191: DE- Logan Hall / 6-6 @ 275 lbs / Houston
RD6-26-206: DE- Ochaun Mathis / 6-5 @ 257 lbs / TCU

RD7-24-247: LB- Keenan Pili / 6-3 @ 233 lbs / BYU

My biggest questions as to still being on the board; Tyler Algeier, Kennedy Brooks, and Logan Hall. By season’s end, they could certainly have played themselves further up the board. Group would certainly answer areas of need with young athletes to develop.

Last edited:
You're paying Watson another $35 million to sit?

A tough damm if you do....damm if you don't situation. Trade him in 2022 and the Texans get hit with 51.2M Dead Cap number which could be reduced to 16.2M if the Texans get the receiving team to take on his full contract…..or they pay him 35M. If he's cleared his legal issues maybe it gets easier if not.....the McNair's are just going to have to suck it up and hope there's some kind of write-off for this mistake. I believe there will still be plenty of market for Watson once this situation is put in the rearview mirror be it 2022 or 2023.

Last edited:
I don’t see the Texans trading their big commodities until the 2023 NFL season starts at some point in March 2023. The “Dead Money” hits for these assets would be tremendously reduced in 2023.

2023 Trade Assets / Dead Money Before 2023 NFL Draft:
LT- Tunsil / 8.3M
LB- Cunningham / 8.6M
OL- Howard / 5th Year Option **Playing for his roster spot**
WR- Cooks / 5.0

QB- Watson / 10.8M **Sit, play, pout, refuse to play=fine, but not trading him in 2022**

Why I mentioned the above before showing my Mock Draft….these assets will not be adding picks to the 2022 NFL Draft. The return for the 2023 NFL Draft should be pretty nice if the team is still holding “their” picks.

2022 Mock Draft (Texans would be picking #2…sorry, Lions wanted the #1 more.) (PFF SIM)
** Giants may have a strong desire to move up and have the assets to do it. Texans send RD1-02-002 and RD2-02-034. Giants send RD1-07-007, RD1-10-010, RD6-26-206** Giants made this trade and drafted CB- Derrick Stingley (LSU) with the #2 pick. Lions drafted Thibodeaux. There was a run on CB’s, LT, and DL until the Texans pick.

RD1-07-007: SS- Kyle Hamilton / 6-4 @ 220 lbs / Notre Dame
RD1-10-010: OG- Kenyon Green / 6-4 @ 325 lbs / Texas A&M

RD2-07-039: CB- Mykael Wright / 5-11 @ 185 lbs / Oregon

RD3-02-066: OG- Zion Johnson / 6-3 @ 317 lbs / Boston College
RD3-22-086: RB- Tyler Algeier / 5-11 @ 220 lbs / BYU

RD4-28-129: RB- Sincere McCormick / 5-9 @ 205 lbs / UTSA

RD5-02-144: CB- Jermaine Waller / 6-1 @ 180 lbs / Virginia Tech

RD6-02-181: RB- Kennedy Brooks / 5-11 @ 215 lbs / Oklahoma
RD6-12-191: DE- Logan Hall / 6-6 @ 275 lbs / Houston
RD6-26-206: DE- Ochaun Mathis / 6-5 @ 257 lbs / TCU

RD7-24-247: LB- Keenan Pili / 6-3 @ 233 lbs / BYU

My biggest questions as to still being on the board; Tyler Algeier, Kennedy Brooks, and Logan Hall. By season’s end, they could certainly have played themselves further up the board. Group would certainly answer areas of need with young athletes to develop.
1.2 2600
2.34 560
‐--‐-------------

1.7 1500
1 .10 1300
------‐-------------
2800 or 360 different. I don't see getting a 6th adequate to do that deal.

I would more readily consider 1.2 for the two round ones and argue over the difference 200. Pressure the Giants to accept that deal if they truly want Stingley.

Bottom line 1.2 and our second third the probable comp we got in a trade this season. Keeping in mind a round three should get a significant player and for this roster prob a starter so has great value to us. Probably would not give that 3rd.

I don't only look at the point system but simply believe that 1.2 has great value. You are correct that the Giants really need a cornerback but can you convince me that Stingley is worth the number two pick? He has done nothing since 2019. I realize that the Bengals hit on a wide receiver that did not play for over a year but that is a little bit shorter time.

Would Giants be willing to give up both round ones for the best quarterback in the draft? Daniel Jones has not been much of a starter. If I were the Giants I just might take a left tackle over Derek Singletary.

Also if you trade 2.34 where did 2.39 come from to get Wright?

Enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Last edited:
You're paying Watson another $35 million to sit?
I might if I could use it to pressure him into giving up his no-trade clause by refusing to trade him to Miami. Let's see who chickens out. In my opinion, to Janice McNair and Cal it may not be about the salary cap as much as get you back.

If the DW wants to go elsewhere and build his and Jilly's brand, he may have to allow Texans to get a better trade package than what Miami can offer. Can he build his brand elsewhere?

The team that trades for Watson would pay his $35 million salary. The dead money would be around $16.2 million post 2022 trade.
To clarify 2022 pre June1 trade dead is $16.2 that year and same for 2023.

A post June 1st trade dead is 5.4 2022 and 10.8 2023. I could see a deal being agreed to and then completed after June 1st as it does not cost the purchasing team anymore to wait other than having him on the roster and practicing with the team. Which could be huge.

1.2 2600
2.34 560
‐--‐-------------

1.7 1500
1 .10 1300
------‐-------------

I would more readily consider 1.2 for the two round ones and argue over the difference 200. Pressure the Giants to accept that deal if they truly want Stingley.

Bottom line 1.2 and our second third the probable comp we got in a trade this season. Keeping in mind a round three should get a significant player and for this roster prob a starter so has great value to us. Probably would not give that 3rd.

I don't only look at the point system but simply believe that 1.2 has great value. You are correct that the Giants really need a cornerback but can you convince me that Singletary is worth the number two pick? He has done nothing since 2019. I realize that the Bengals hit on a wide receiver that did not play for over a year but that is a little bit shorter time.

Would Giants be willing to give up both round ones for the best quarterback in the draft? Daniel Jones has not been much of a starter. If I were the Giants I just might take a left tackle over Derek Singletary.

You and I are on the same page. I think the Giants would trade up for a LT (Neal) first and foremost or a QB…..which depends on how Jones finishes his season.

While we’re at it…..if Jones season finished short of expectations I wouldn’t rule out the Giants offering their (2) 2022 RD1 picks as part of a package to try and land Watson.

1.2 2600
2.34 560
‐--‐-------------

1.7 1500
1 .10 1300
------‐-------------

I don't only look at the point system but simply believe that 1.2 has great value. You are correct that the Giants really need a cornerback but can you convince me that Singletary is worth the number two pick? He has done nothing since 2019. I realize that the Bengals hit on a wide receiver that did not play for over a year but that is a little bit shorter time.

Second round was a swap of picks. Texans RD2-34 / Giants RD2-39. This was closer as to how the points evened out.

Back