QB- Watson
LT- Tunsil
WR- Cooks

Texans Receive:
CB- Jackson III
RD1 / RD2 / RD3
RD1 / RD2 / RD3
RD1 / RD2 / RD3

I think we can forget about trading Watson to WTF, considering all of the issues they are currently dealing with.

I think Snyder would like to see his team get back on the winning track and let the off the field issues be in a separate swim lane.

A bit out on the deep end but a fun what if:

WFT Receive:
QB- Watson
LT- Tunsil
WR- Cooks

Texans Receive:
CB- Jackson III
RD1 / RD2 / RD3
RD1 / RD2 / RD3
RD1 / RD2 / RD3
I think DW will bring three round ones minimum and Tunsil worth more than three round twos so.. edit CB is avg so not really a positive.

I would take three thirds for Cooks.

Well sure as discussed before a team makes picks Caserio tells them to then trade completed after June 1st.
We've discussed this before. Draft pool money doesn't transfer after the picks are made. The Texans couldn't sign the multiple 1sts you have them trading for. Trading Watson has to happen prior to the draft if the Texans want 2022 picks.

We've discussed this before. Draft pool money doesn't transfer after the picks are made. The Texans couldn't sign the multiple 1sts you have them trading for. Trading Watson has to happen prior to the draft if the Texans want 2022 picks.
And if I recall I did not agree with you then. you need to support that comment. Money for draft picks is not applicable until the player signs contract as I understand.

To clarify the post just before this one where I replied to you I am not disagreeing that the cap pool money remains with the original team it's just that that does not stop that team from trading those players.

And if I recall I did not agree with you then. you need to support that comment. Money for draft picks is not applicable until the player signs contract as I understand.
Really? We're doing this again?

A team can't trade a player that hasn't signed a contract. So the team that drafts the players would have to sign them. Then when they trade these players, they have to take the cap on the guaranteed money. No team is doing that.

Really? We're doing this again?

A team can't trade a player that hasn't signed a contract. So the team that drafts the players would have to sign them. Then when they trade these players, they have to take the cap on the guaranteed money. No team is doing that.
Let's use an example such as the New York Giants pick number 7 for 2022. that pick in the past draft was for Penne Sewell at just under 15 million dollars guaranteed. We have seen teams including the Texans pay millions of dollars to trade players. Why could not the Texans pay the guaranteed money? DW's 35 million dollar base salary would pay for both of the Giants round ones in 2022.

Let's use an example such as the New York Giants pick number 7 for 2022. that pick in the past draft was for Penne Sewell at just under 15 million dollars guaranteed. We have seen teams including the Texans pay millions of dollars to trade players. Why could not the Texans pay the guaranteed money? DW's 35 million dollar base salary would pay for both of the Giants round ones in 2022.
So you're asking a team to eat the guaranteed money (just one player?) and pay Watson $35 million? In order to save Texans $11 million on the cap? Plus, the Texans don't have to pay the rookie bonuses? Again, no team is doing that. No team has ever done that.

So you're asking a team to eat the guaranteed money (just one player?) and pay Watson $35 million? In order to save Texans $11 million on the cap? Plus, the Texans don't have to pay the rookie bonuses? Again, no team is doing that. No team has ever done that.
That's not what I said. Read my post again. Giants draft players Texans want at pics 8 and 9 where Giants are projected at this time. Giants sign contracts with both players and trade them to Houston for Watson.

Texans use the savings from DWs base of $35 m to pay the GTD $ to NYG for those two players. I would do that in a minute.

Texans use the savings from DWs base of $35 m to pay the GTD $ to NYG for those two players. I would do that in a minute.
What? That doesn't work. The Texans could pay a portion of Watson's contract. But what's the point of all of this nonsense? Just trade the picks before the draft. Like every draft trade is made.

What? That doesn't work. The Texans could pay a portion of Watson's contract. But what's the point of all of this nonsense? Just trade the picks before the draft. Like every draft trade is made.
I do not understand why you do not understand what I am saying. When Watson is traded his base salary for 2022 will be 35 million dollars wherever he goes; that team pays that amount. That same amount becomes cap space for Houston and they can use it to pay any GTD $ to NYG. The Texans keep his dead money which in a pre June 1st trade would be
16.2 in 22 and same in 23. A post June 1st trade dead is $5.4 and 10.8 in 2023.

1.2 2600
2.34 560
‐--‐-------------

1.7 1500
1 .10 1300
------‐-------------
2800 or 360 different. I don't see getting a 6th adequate to do that deal.

I would more readily consider 1.2 for the two round ones and argue over the difference 200. Pressure the Giants to accept that deal if they truly want Stingley.

Bottom line 1.2 and our second third the probable comp we got in a trade this season. Keeping in mind a round three should get a significant player and for this roster prob a starter so has great value to us. Probably would not give that 3rd.

I don't only look at the point system but simply believe that 1.2 has great value. You are correct that the Giants really need a cornerback but can you convince me that Singletary is worth the number two pick? He has done nothing since 2019. I realize that the Bengals hit on a wide receiver that did not play for over a year but that is a little bit shorter time.

Would Giants be willing to give up both round ones for the best quarterback in the draft? Daniel Jones has not been much of a starter. If I were the Giants I just might take a left tackle over Derek Singletary.

Also if you trade 2.34 where did 2.39 come from to get Wright?

Enjoyed reading your thoughts.

Who is Singletary?

Reactions: JB
That same amount becomes cap space for Houston and they can use it to pay any GTD $ to NYG.
There's no mechanism to make that happen. "Hey NFL, we're paying down the Giants cap hit. Just take it out of our cap space." It doesn't work.

Look, continue to come up with your own scenarios, and I'll leave it alone. I just would think you would want to know why this is not done in the league.

If the Texans want picks in the 2022 draft for Watson.....then Watson has to be traded after the 2022 NFL season opens for business and before the draft. Me, I want Watson gone and picks in hand before the draft. Also.....really hope Caserio and his scouts burn the midnight oil so they can load up on UDFA's after the draft.

There's no mechanism to make that happen. "Hey NFL, we're paying down the Giants cap hit. Just take it out of our cap space." It doesn't work.

Look, continue to come up with your own scenarios, and I'll leave it alone. I just would think you would want to know why this is not done in the league.
? No mechanism? We have seen the Texans as an example of team paying part of a departing players contract so the receiving team does not have to pay it. Clowney.

Why can't Texans pay the part of DWs 2022 base of $35 million that equals the amount of GTD $ the two round ones from NYG equal?

2022 1.8 bonus is $15 m
2022 1.9 bonus is $12 m

Texans pay $27 m of DW base to counter that cost to NYG. It is basically swapping dollars. It actually benefits the Giants as they spread the bonus over the contract and receive the 27 million immediately from the Texans or H pays the prorated costs annually.

If the Texans want picks in the 2022 draft for Watson.....then Watson has to be traded after the 2022 NFL season opens for business and before the draft. Me, I want Watson gone and picks in hand before the draft. Also.....really hope Caserio and his scouts burn the midnight oil so they can load up on UDFA's after the draft.
Of course I prefer that also but was showing another option that could lower the dead money for the Texans.

Now that there’s a better understanding as to why trading Watson, Tunsil, and Cooks could and/or should happen before the draft does anyone have any thoughts as to what these 3 players could realistically return, picks wise, to the Texans and who might be the suitors?

Watson:
I could see Miami, WFT, and Eagles being the players the Texans could have the most interest in since they might offer the best draft positioning in 2022. WFT absolutely needs a QB and there isn’t going to be one better than Watson over the next couple of seasons. The Eagles also want a QB knowing Hurts isn’t the answer and that they have the draft capital to make it interesting for Caserio. The problem, Watson has to waive his NTC to truly get these teams in the loop. The Dolphins has been the selected team all along only they’re starting to win and the more they win the further they move back in the draft process. The other consideration, it might mean that Tua is finally gaining his NFL footing meaning the Dolphins could decide to ride out his development process. If Miami falls out of the process……that eliminates Watson’s hold on his NTC. If Watson has any desire to play, it’ll either be for the Texans or the team that offers the next best deal. My guess, the Eagles want him as much as the WFT and have the assets to trump anything they offer.

Eagles Get:
Watson

Texans Get:
2022: RD1-1st, RD1-2nd, RD3
2023: RD1, RD2
2024: RD2

Tunsil:
There could be some teams quite hungry for a Pro Bowl LT to help their young QB investments. Again, the teams with the best draft position and highest need for a veteran LT who they might be hard pressed to find better at their position. I could see the Giants and Jets being the teams with the most desire to improve the OT position. The Giants could insert Tunsil at LT and move Thomas over to RT when he resumes playing. That could actually help a Daniel Jones whose actually having a better season that I would’ve expected. The Jets have already made their QB investment and have suddenly found 2 more in the process. The Jets really need to upgrade their blindside protection and may not want to risk breaking in a new LT. So, it’s 2 of the New York teams battling it out for the services of Tunsil and both would have valid reasons for adding him.

Giants Get:
Tunsil

Texans Get:
2022: RD1-#2, RD3-#2
2023: RD2

Cooks:
He’s proven to be a solid asset since he’s arrived in Houston. Watson reminded everyone in the NFL as to who Cooks could really be with a better QB throwing the ball. Funny, I think the Eagles could see the same thing and could decide to bring Watson in someone he’s comfortable with.

Eagles Get:
Cooks
2022 RD4

Texans Get:
2022 RD3, RD4

Projected 2022 Draft Picks:
RD1-02
RD1-06 (PHI)
RD1-07 (PHI < Colts) **Wentz Plays 75% or 70% & Colts Make Playoffs**
RD1-09 (NYG)

RD2-02-034

RD3-02-066
RD3-08-072 (PHI)
RD3-09-073 (NYG)
RD3-22-086 (NO) **Here or RD3 COMP Pick / Based On Saints Season….#86.**

RD4-28-130 (LAR)

RD5-02-144

RD6-02-181
RD6-11-190 (SF)

RD7-24-245 (DAL)

Last edited:
Now that there’s a better understanding as to why trading Watson, Tunsil, and Cooks could and/or should happen before the draft does anyone have any thoughts as to what these 3 players could realistically return, picks wise, to the Texans and who might be the suitors?

Watson:
I could see Miami, WFT, and Eagles being the players the Texans could have the most interest in since they might offer the best draft positioning in 2022. WFT absolutely needs a QB and there isn’t going to be one better than Watson over the next couple of seasons. The Eagles also want a QB knowing Hurts isn’t the answer and that they have the draft capital to make it interesting for Caserio. The problem, Watson has to waive his NTC to truly get these teams in the loop. The Dolphins has been the selected team all along only they’re starting to win and the more they win the further they move back in the draft process. The other consideration, it might mean that Tua is finally gaining his NFL footing meaning the Dolphins could decide to ride out his development process. If Miami falls out of the process……that eliminates Watson’s hold on his NTC. If Watson has any desire to play, it’ll either be for the Texans or the team that offers the next best deal. My guess, the Eagles want him as much as the WFT and have the assets to trump anything they offer.

Eagles Get:
Watson

Texans Get:

Tunsil:
There could be some teams quite hungry for a Pro Bowl LT to help their young QB investments. Again, the teams with the best draft position and highest need for a veteran LT who they might be hard pressed to find better at their position. I could see the Giants and Jets being the teams with the most desire to improve the OT position. The Giants could insert Tunsil at LT and move Thomas over to RT when he resumes playing. That could actually help a Daniel Jones whose actually having a better season that I would’ve expected. The Jets have already made their QB investment and have suddenly found 2 more in the process. The Jets really need to upgrade their blindside protection and may not want to risk breaking in a new LT. So, it’s 2 of the New York teams battling it out for the services of Tunsil and both would have valid reasons for adding him.

Giants Get:
Tunsil

Texans Get:

Cooks:
He’s proven to be a solid asset since he’s arrived in Houston. Watson reminded everyone in the NFL as to who Cooks could really be with a better QB throwing the ball. Funny, I think the Eagles could see the same thing and could decide to bring Watson in someone he’s comfortable with.

Eagles Get:
Cooks
2022 RD4

Texans Get:
2022 RD3, RD4

RD1-02
RD1-06 (PHI)
RD1-09 (NYG)

RD2-02-034

RD3-02-066
RD3-08-072 (PHI)
RD3-09-073 (NYG)

RD4-28-130 (LAR)

RD5-02-144

RD6-02-181
RD6-11-190 (SF)

RD7-24-245 (DAL)
addressing the Eagles only for now and I really hope that happens and why I have major doubts. I just don't see DW wanting to play in Philly. I see him as a playa more than player and that doesn't translate for me. I'm focusing on New York with Jets coming more into play as Zach Wilson is disappointing fans, Giants because they seem like better organization. NY has to be a thought as similar to Miami. I agree with your thoughts on Dolphins. If Tua offers anything going forward I think Ross will pull out. I'm hoping Caserio tells DW "waive your NTC or I refuse to trade you to Miami as I have to get more than Dolphins suggested offer." I just need more than SF round one currently #10.

More thoughts later.

Watson:

Eagles Get:
Watson

Texans Get:

Tunsil:

Giants Get:
Tunsil

Texans Get:

Cooks:

Eagles Get:
Cooks
2022 RD4

Texans Get:
2022 RD3, RD4

RD1-02
RD1-06 (PHI)
RD1-09 (NYG)

RD2-02-034

RD3-02-066
RD3-08-072 (PHI)
RD3-09-073 (NYG)

RD4-28-130 (LAR)

RD5-02-144

RD6-02-181
RD6-11-190 (SF)

RD7-24-245 (DAL)
I could see the Dolphins or the Panthers being the main players for DW4. I honestly don’t know if if Watson will waive the no trade clause for WFT or Philly. I do think that we trade him to a team in the top 10, so I think that we’d gain 2 top 10 picks. With those picks I’d go with Hutchinson, Green, or one of the top CBs on the board.

As of right now the Giants have 2 top 10 picks, and I don’t see them trading one of those for Tunsil. I think if Tunsil is traded it’s be for a late 1st rounder.

If reports are to be believed, NC doesn’t want to trade Cooks, but I think we could get a late 3rd/early 4th if we did shop him.

I’m very interested to see what trades the FO makes and what we do with those picks. If we could get 4-5 picks in the first 3 rounds we definitely could kickstart this rebuild.

@OptimisticTexan

Eagles need to create ideas to make DW want to come there.
1. Bonus his 2022 base of 35 to 20m prorated over four seasons reducing $35 cap hit to 15 +5= only $20 m cap for next year. Allows increased cap to get FA. Gives DW $20 m cash to recover from anticipated settlements. the 5th day of the 2022 league year, Watson's 2023 salary $20 and $17 million roster bonus vest into a full guarantee.

2. Focus him on his WR corps that he could make great.
3. Offer to let him help pick for GM and hire Eric Bieniemy for HC.
4. Make sure he gets that even giving up three round ones in 2022 Phill still has high choices in rounds two and three which can bring a great running back in Robinson, Spiller or Walker in round two and another WR or lineman in round three, DW's choice.
5. Round up companies that will pay him to promote when claims settle.
6. Contact Philly native Will Smith rapper and movie mogul to support DW.
7. Offer millions in Watson's name to start a foundation supporting women.

1.2 2600 points to NYG for 1.8 1400 + 1.9 1350 NYG select QB Pickett
DW to Eagles for 6 + 7 + 14

Tunsil to Dolphins for 1.10 + Xavien Howard

1.6 DE Aiden Hutchinson
1.7 QB Matt Corral
1.8 Saf Verone McKinley
1.9 LB Devin Lloyd
1.10 LT Charles Cross
1.14 Cb Roger McCreary opposite Howard
2.34 RB Kenneth Walker 5'10 210
3.66 RB Brian Robinson 6'1" 228

1.2 2600 points to NYG for 1.8 1400 + 1.9 1350 NYG select QB Pickett
DW to Eagles for 6 + 7 + 14

Tunsil to Dolphins for 1.10 + Xavien Howard

1.6 DE Aiden Hutchinson
1.7 QB Matt Corral
1.8 Saf Verone McKinley
1.9 LB Devin Lloyd
1.10 LT Charles Cross
1.14 Cb Roger McCreary opposite Howard
2.34 RB Kenneth Walker 5'10 210
3.66 RB Brian Robinson 6'1" 228

I could see the Tunsil going as you mentioned but if they hold onto Tua could Tunsil move to RT? I’d be good with #10 pick and the Howard side would probably make the money wash. I’ll adjust my picks and adding Howard certainly changes up the need factor early.

6, 7, & 72 (From Eagles) / 10 (Miami) + CB Xavien Howard (MIA) in trade for Tunsil / 86 (Saints) / 130 (Rams) / 190 (From 49'ers) / 245 (Cowboys)

RD1-02: DE- Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan)
RD1-06 (PHI): SS- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
RD1-07 (PHI < Colts): OT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)
RD1-10 (MIA): OG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)

RD2-02-034: OG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)

RD3-02-066: CB- Garrett Williams (Syracuse)
RD3-08-072 (PHI): OC- Alec Lindstrom (Boston College)
RD3-22-086 (NO): FS- Lewis Cine (Georgia)

RD4-28-130 (LAR): RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU)

RD5-02-144: RB- Sincere McCormick (UTSA)

RD6-02-181: LB- Jack Sanborn (Wisconsin)
RD6-11-190 (SF): ST- Marcus Jones (Houston)

RD7-24-245 (DAL): WR- Dontario Drummond (Mississippi)

Last edited:
Why on earth would you want to move a pro bowl LT to the right side if you're going to keep Tunsil

I'm keeping Tunsil and building out the rest of the OL.

I might revisit moving Tunsil after the 2022 season. If anything Tunsil value should be obvious after watching the last few games. I really don't get the Tunsil needs to be traded crowd, they can only hope that a drafted LT will be as good as Tunsil.

As far as the cap goes there will be plenty of cap space available in 2023 even if they keep Tunsil.

I just don't get the love of draft picks. Give me players, particularly as many young pro bowl players as possible.

Reactions: JB
Why on earth would you want to move a pro bowl LT to the right side if you're going to keep Tunsil

I'm keeping Tunsil and building out the rest of the OL.

I might revisit moving Tunsil after the 2022 season. If anything Tunsil value should be obvious after watching the last few games. I really don't get the Tunsil needs to be traded crowd, they can only hope that a drafted LT will be as good as Tunsil.

As far as the cap goes there will be plenty of cap space available in 2023 even if they keep Tunsil.

I just don't get the love of draft picks. Give me players, particularly as many young pro bowl players as possible.

Tua being a lefty makes his blind side the responsibility of the RT.

My desire to move Tunsil is b/c he is a pass blocker and less than desirable as a run blocker. He’s also a soft LT who likes to bend but not break. I’d rather use his money elsewhere since the rebuild would have finally kicked into full gear.

I’d prefer to develop a young LT in Trevor Penning who has the credentials to both pass block and run block. His run blocking skills are strong and he plays the position with a very nasty demeanor…..something this OL needs badly.

Same could be said for OG- Kenyon Green, OG- Zion Johnson, and OC- Alec Lindstrom….they’re also known for bringing a nasty demeanor to the field of play. Want to change the culture of the Texans OL history……go get some tough nosed OL.

Last edited:

My desire to move Tunsil is b/c he is a pass blocker and less than desirable as a run blocker. He’s also a soft LT who likes to bend but not break. I’d rather use his money elsewhere since the rebuild would have finally kicked into full gear.

I’d prefer to develop a young LT in Rasheed Walker who has the credentials to both pass block and run block. His run blocking skills are strong and he plays the position with a very nasty demeanor…..something this OL needs badly.

Same could be said for OG- Kenyon Green, OG- Zion Johnson, and OC- Alec Lindstrom….they’re also known for bringing a nasty demeanor to the field of play. Want to change the culture of the Texans OL history……go get some tough nosed OL.
Didn’t Walker just get demolished this weekend by Hutchinson?

Didn’t Walker just get demolished this weekend by Hutchinson?

That’s why I also selected Hutchinson…..he’s going to do that to most OT’s he faces. AH has risen to being my first pick as he probably will on several other team boards. It doesn’t make Walker any less of a prospect b/c this would happen to the best of them.

Why can't Texans pay the part of DWs 2022 base of $35 million that equals the amount of GTD $ the two round ones from NYG equal?

Geez, are you bothering to read the posts? I said earlier the Texans could pay Watson's salary? That's is not what you wrote initially.

Continue to make up stuff that is never going to happen. No one will stop you.

I’d prefer to develop a young LT in Rasheed Walker who has the credentials to both pass block and run block. His run blocking skills are strong and he plays the position with a very nasty demeanor…..something this OL needs badly.

I'm not thinking Tunsil is soft. I'm thinking when you are playing next to crap on the OL you're going look like crap and yet Tunsil is still making pro bowl. That should speak volumes.

I guess you didn't get to see Hutchinson abuse Walker last night. It was like a case of child abuse. Hutchinson was his daddy. I can only imagine what top level NFL guys would do to him.

I'm not thinking Tunsil is soft. I'm thinking when you are playing next to crap on the OL you're going look like crap and yet Tunsil is still making pro bowl. That should speak volumes.

I guess you didn't get to see Hutchinson abuse Walker last night. It was like a case of child abuse. Hutchinson was his daddy. I can only imagine what top level NFL guys would do to him.

I doubt one game would define a player and that’s why Walker will remain a projected RD1 LT. By the way….Hutchinson’s been having his way with a lot of LT’s this season. I’d still take both in RD1 if possible….along with Hamilton and Green. Of course…..it’s just a fun projection.

I could see the Tunsil going as you mentioned but if they hold onto Tua could Tunsil move to RT? I’d be good with #10 pick and the Howard side would probably make the money wash. I’ll adjust my picks and adding Howard certainly changes up the need factor early.
I understand why you want to move tunsil to the right side but in my opinion he needs to stay at left if he goes to dolphins. If Eichenberg is not the guy at right tackle they can draft one in the second round perhaps Munford Ohio State?

As a lefty Tua just needs to adjust to where the pressure will be coming from. With the dolphins starting to use Myles Gaskin correctly he could help the quarterback by running to gap created behind that right side rusher for a dump pass.

Other than Neal and Charles Cross this is weak year for LTs and Caserio can gamble on drafting and training ✝️.

Getting Howard included would be sweet. Not certain if he has completely healed but that forced fumble, recovery and touchdown run was beautiful.

6, 7, & 72 (From Eagles) / 10 (Miami) + CB Xavien Howard (MIA) in trade for Tunsil / 86 (Saints) / 130 (Rams) / 190 (From 49'ers) / 245 (Cowboys)

RD1-02: DE- Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan)
RD1-06 (PHI): SS- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
RD1-07 (PHI < Colts): OG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)
RD1-10 (MIA): OT- Rasheed Walker (Penn St)

RD2-02-034: OG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)

RD3-02-066: CB- Garrett Williams (Syracuse)
RD3-08-072 (PHI): OC- Alec Lindstrom (Boston College)
RD3-22-086 (NO): FS- Lewis Cine (Georgia)

RD4-28-130 (LAR): RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU)

RD5-02-144: RB- Sincere McCormick (UTSA)

RD6-02-181: LB- Jack Sanborn (Wisconsin)
RD6-11-190 (SF): ST- Marcus Jones (Houston)

RD7-24-245 (DAL): WR- Dontario Drummond (Mississippi)
I know that you like Rasheed Walker and I considered him preseason but he is just not panning out. Suggest you re-evaluate and go another Direction. But that's just my two cents. The following link discusses him and other disappointments for the 2021 season.

Geez, are you bothering to read the posts? I said earlier the Texans could pay Watson's salary? That's is not what you wrote initially.

Continue to make up stuff that is never going to happen. No one will stop you.
Then move along...:slapfight::hides:

I know that you like Rasheed Walker and I considered him preseason but he is just not panning out. Suggest you re-evaluate and go another Direction. But that's just my two cents. The following link discusses him and other disappointments for the 2021 season.

I think, if the Texans held the #10 pick…they might be in a position to trade back…..not to far but far enough to pick LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa). He’s been on my list but I just couldn’t come to moving him to #10 in the draft, but there’s no way he’d be sitting at the 34th pick either.

I think, if the Texans held the #10 pick…they might be in a position to trade back…..not to far but far enough to pick LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa). He’s been on my list but I just couldn’t come to moving him to #10 in the draft, but there’s no way he’d be sitting at the 34th pick either.
Trevor Penning seems to get the same PR that Robert Hunt did when he came out. I just think we could do better at pick that we trade down for.
I was considering trade downs for all of my recently posted mock last night but ended up going to bed at midnight without any result. I don't want just a bunch of pics but extremely high-quality players.

I absolutely love Penning. Super athletic and mean. He tries to destroy his guy.

Somebodies going to get a steal in the back half of the 1st rd.

Trevor Penning seems to get the same PR that Robert Hunt did when he came out. I just think we could do better at pick that we trade down for.
I was considering trade downs for all of my recently posted mock last night but ended up going to bed at midnight without any result. I don't want just a bunch of pics but extremely high-quality players.

If you want high quality players, then I guess getting as many guys in the top 3 rds would be a priority. So would you use the saints mid rd 3rd and 4-1 to move up to say 18th in the 2nd if an OG like Zion Johnson was to fall?

If you were to do this

Rd.1 Hutchinson
Rd.2 McCreary
Rd.2. Zion Johnson
Rd.3 Stromberg

Three 6th's and a 7th.

Give me these 4 guys out of this draft and I'm very happy. If you want to add a RB then trade 6-2 and trade up to the top of the 5th and pick the Michigan RB Haskins or another guy I really like UCLA's other RB Brittan Brown. A 3rd RB if he comes out that I like is Carthage/USC RB Ingram.

How would y'all feel about getting 5 guys that I'm sure can play at a high level and still having another 6th/7th, vs staying put and 9-10 guys? So you would have 7 picks vs 10 picks doing things this way.

I’ve reconsidered my #10 pick of Walker (Penn St) and have decided to justify my gut feeling and additional input of Badboy and steelb.

I want Trevor Penning at #7 and my justification……after the Combine and his Pro Day, he may have played and performed his way into being considered the best or one of the top three LT’s entering the draft. My OL Mock selections would then be:

#07. LT- Trevor Penning (Iowa State)
#10. RG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)
#34. LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
#74. OC- Alec Lindstrom (Boston College)

It may pay huge dividends for a young OL if the Texans had a chance to pair the two interior linemen from Boston College at the next level.

I’ve reconsidered my #10 pick of Walker (Penn St) and have decided to justify my gut feeling and additional input of Badboy and steelb.

I want Trevor Penning at #7 and my justification……after the Combine and his Pro Day, he may have played and performed his way into being considered the best or one of the top three LT’s entering the draft. My OL Mock selections would then be:

#07. LT- Trevor Penning (Iowa State)
#10. RG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)
#34. LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
#74. OC- Alec Lindstrom (Boston College)

It may pay huge dividends for a young OL if the Texans had a chance to pair the two interior linemen from Boston College at the next level.
That OL would have killer potential!

If we end up with the #2 pick, I think it’d be an great position to trade back from. Currently it’s
1. Detroit
2. Houston
3. Jets
4. Jaguars
5. Philly (Miami)
6. Giants

there’s potential for any of those teams to jump the others for our #2 pick. I could see PHI wanting to jump NYJ for Hamilton or NYG wanting to jump JAX for Neal.
If NC works it right, we could be stock up with draft picks for the rebuild.

Matt Miller

Sleeper of the Week — LB Chad Muma, Wyoming

The linebacker pipeline coming out of Wyoming is becoming impressive. First there was Logan Wilson, and now there’s Chad Muma. An athletic, moving linebacker at 6’3” and 242 pounds, Muma has the size and range to be an impact right out of the gate in the NFL. He’s pushed his way into my top 100 players.”

I’ve been eyeing him all season. He’s accepted a SB invitation, so I’m looking forward to see how he performs.

Back