Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

clearly, then, you must have even a lower opinion of Andy Dalton... sucks to be Cincinnati and stuck with that loser for the next several years.

that loser has gotten his bengals in the playoffs in his first 2 seasons. unfortunately for him... texans>bengals.. really though, whats your purpose of calling dalton a loser. he has some pretty good tools, quite mobile, strong arm, his ceiling is probably 7-10 range right with the joe flaccos, matt ryans, tony romos, and matt shcuabs of the qb world..

that loser has gotten his bengals in the playoffs in his first 2 seasons. unfortunately for him... texans>bengals.. really though, whats your purpose of calling dalton a loser. he has some pretty good tools, quite mobile, strong arm, his ceiling is probably 7-10 range right with the joe flaccos, matt ryans, tony romos, and matt shcuabs of the qb world..

it was sarcasm, intended to point out an absurd argument.

It's hilarious that there are people that didn't see this four years ago.
He has always been horrible and never has been capable of leading anyone to anything. Heck we were in this game at the half despite his atrocious play in the first half. Arian and Manning are the only reasons this is close. We could have Arian take a direct snap at qb every down and be closer than we are now.

Matt is a good QB... But not a very good competitor. He doesn't elevate his game when the big lights are on and he always tries to play it smart, or lets all it conservative. Schaub is not the guy who carries his team - but someone who can help his team.

If we can upgrade, sure, but its gonna be hard to find a franchise QB out there...

Trade for Matt Flynn. Schaub is done. We are so limited with him

Now, now, you know ol' Texecutioner is gonna come in here and lecture you on what a bad move that would be if you keep up that kind of posting. Don't you know that replacing Matt Schaub with anyone but Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would just be a lateral move and waste of time?

:toropalm:

We gotta find us a 3rd or 4th round gem this year at the QB position. Schaub hit his ceiling couple of seasons ago.

I'm not saying we should throw him under the bus completely but we do need a QB that can actually extend passes and has some feet. Schaub dropped the ball today and nobody even touched him. He's too scared of taking hits if the pocket even shrinks a little bit. Early in the season he showed some poise but after he took some big hits he just curls up too fast now.

I'm not saying we should throw him under the bus completely but we do need a QB that can actually extend passes and has some feet. Schaub dropped the ball today and nobody even touched him. He's too scared of taking hits if the pocket even shrinks a little bit. Early in the season he showed some poise but after he took some big hits he just curls up too fast now.

Repped

AT the very least you need to bring in a guy to challenge Schaub.

Draft a QB in the early rounds or pick up a guy...EVEN if it is something crazy like oh say Vick. They can't go into next year and have Schaub as the guy locked in stone. Sometimes that extra competition is all a guy needs.

Now, now, you know ol' Texecutioner is gonna come in here and lecture you on what a bad move that would be if you keep up that kind of posting. Don't you know that replacing Matt Schaub with anyone but Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would just be a lateral move and waste of time?

haha nice post and very accurate

Vick would be an upgrade over Shaub. In fact, just looking at a list of starting QBs in the NFL, I firmly believe half of them would have better success with this team than Shaub. I'm so done with him...

Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

welp :kitten:

Schaub is good but not great. He is not the QB to take the Texans to the next level.

He knows, he knows there's no defending him now, especially after two play off games. Schaub is what we've known him to be for a long time. No what ifs anymore, no doubt anymore.

Stephanie Stradley‏@StephStradley

#KubiakBelievesInYou RT @CSNHouston Kubiak on Schaub "I think he's one of the top quarterbacks...I believe in our QB wholeheartedly"

welp :kitten:

It's just a media quote. The last thing he's going to say is they will look at it.

I mean Harbaugh for the 9ers was still saying Alex Smith was the guy until recently.

Tex is a schaub fan

You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.

Heck we were in this game at the half despite his atrocious play in the first half. Arian and Manning are the only reasons this is close. We could have Arian take a direct snap at qb every down and be closer than we are now.

We were in this game at the half because of Matt Schaub's play at the end of the half. We needed more of that.

We got away from it & I can kinda understand, after Brady marched down the field to start the second half, Kubiak wanted to keep the ball out of his hands.

We won the T.O.P..... by a little over 2 minutes. Most likely because the Patriots took a few knees (??) but we didn't score.

I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I don't see us getting rid of him or bringing in competition or a future replacement. Hopefully we can get rid of Walter & go more 4 & 5 WR sets.

Matt is a good QB... But not a very good competitor. He doesn't elevate his game when the big lights are on and he always tries to play it smart, or lets all it conservative. Schaub is not the guy who carries his team - but someone who can help his team.

If we can upgrade, sure, but its gonna be hard to find a franchise QB out there...

Matt's biggest problem, I think, is that when he & Kubiak are going over the game plan & the script, he needs to say, "Coach, give me the ball. Let me get a lead, then hand it over to Foster. I'm not going to run for a first down, I'm not going to extend any plays, but I can pick apart a defense if I have enough options."

You make that sound like a negative thing. I'm on pretty much the same page as Tex, he's a good but not great QB. So, unless we can find a legitimate top 10 QB, then there is simply no point in replacing him.

That being said, I hope we take a long, hard look in the upcoming draft to see if we can find a guy we think can be top 10.

you mean like draft a qb or bring in someone to challenge him. i'm all for it. wont be hard to unseat if this is serious

We were in this game at the half because of Matt Schaub's play at the end of the half. We needed more of that.

We got away from it & I can kinda understand, after Brady marched down the field to start the second half, Kubiak wanted to keep the ball out of his hands.

We won the T.O.P..... by a little over 2 minutes. Most likely because the Patriots took a few knees (??) but we didn't score.

I'm not the biggest Schaub fan, but I don't see us getting rid of him or bringing in competition or a future replacement. Hopefully we can get rid of Walter & go more 4 & 5 WR sets.

so next year will be more of the same.

you mean like draft a qb or bring in someone to challenge him. i'm all for it. wont be hard to unseat if this is serious

What do you mean if I'm serious? Everybody would be happy with an upgrade at QB. There is just a differing opinion on what an upgrade is.

cut schaub, hes useless
give tj a year to prove us something..
yates sinks or floats
if he sucks like all the schaub lovers say he does, then we will be first in line to draft johnny football..
johnny football will beast and lead the texans to greatness..

790 just played a clip of Kubiak saying that he has confidence in Schaub and that he is still the leader of the team.

790 just played a clip of Kubiak saying that he has confidence in Schaub and that he is still the leader of the team.

Schaub will continue to be the leader of the team. Of that I have no doubt. This situation will remain unchanged until he either loses the team or his presence/play begins to adversely affect the majority of followers of the team.

At the same time, I hope it's just a media statement.

No reason IMO to have Schaub locked in as the #1 guy moving forward.

Either bring a guy in like Smith to at least challenge Schaub or draft a QB...you never know with those guys. Wilson and Kaepernick were drafted 3rd and 2nd round...

so next year will be more of the same.

I'm pretty sure Baltimore & San Francisco said the same thing this year. So far, neither has done anything they haven't done already.

Atlanta... if some of you ran the Atlanta Falcons, you'd have got rid of Matt Ryan & most likely be at the bottom of the NFC South. Instead, they're going on to the NFC Championship game.

Denver.... did they do anything different than last year? They went & upgraded their QB position, but were one & done. Last year, at least they won a play off game.

I don't know what next season has in store for us, but I'm looking forward to it. & I'm looking forward to debating with you guys about what it means.

I'm pretty sure Baltimore & San Francisco said the same thing this year. So far, neither has done anything they haven't done already.

Atlanta... if some of you ran the Atlanta Falcons, you'd have got rid of Matt Ryan & most likely be at the bottom of the NFC South. Instead, they're going on to the NFC Championship game.

Denver.... did they do anything different than last year? They went & upgraded their QB position, but were one & done. Last year, at least they won a play off game.

I don't know what next season has in store for us, but I'm looking forward to it. & I'm looking forward to debating with you guys about what it means.

Still looking at results instead of how the team plays....

Flacco, San Fran, and Denver were better teams this year.

Denver got a first round bye with manning and were competitive against a good ravens team. They were a few plays from winning. Yeah the results are the same, but that doesnt mean Tebow = Peyton.

T

How about....

"Well John *thump thump thump* we will be evaluating all of our players this off season."

I don't think it matters any ways.

Harbaugh again was saying Alex Smith was the guy until recently...I wonder if he'd still tell the media that if they even cared about it now.

It's just a blanket media statement. It's like how Belichick every week acts like the next team they are going to play is a elite team even if they haven't won a game yet.

Lets wait to see the actions instead of condemning him for a thing most coaches would say.

Come on now, do you guys expect Gary to say something extreme to media right after NE game? Likely Gary really thinks Matt is good enough but, when you give enough time to rethink about situation, people tend to change their mind.

When we got rid of Carr I think Gary said the sane things.

Schaub isn't going anywhere, but even if he was gary's not coming out right after the game and even hinting at the possibility.

Back