Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Your post doesnt make sense on multiple levels and your reading comprehension is staggeringly inept....my response was my way of helping you to save face as i was just gonna drop it....obviously you didnt take the hint.....but then again, based on your posts on this topic, cant say im surprised.

yes, more insults and pretentious passive aggressive grand standing.

good job proving me wrong with football points.

One of the first questions to ask the next QB is what number is he going to wear? If the guy says number 8 we move on. That number is forever cursed.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

One of the first questions to ask the next QB is what number is he going to wear? If the guy says number 8 we move on. That number is forever cursed.

we could be the first team that has some sort of bizarro number retirement shrine where nobody can use it going forward. We can put Tony Boselli's jersey in the shrine.

I have yet to see a valid reason why Keenum should not get a shot. The objections to him that I've read and heard are all assumed limitations with no supporting examples. What has been proven is that he can do things that Schaub and Yates cannot do.

For the record, I'm a Longhorn, not a Cougar, and I was against VY going to the Texans.

College and preseason play is weak "proof" of his ability to do things that Yates and Schaub cannot.

But again, I'm all aboard the start Keenum train because I will be happy if he wins for us and I'll be happy if all this unfounded Keenum love stops. I'm adopting a wait and watch policy on him. I don't think he is as special as many posters here think he is, but if he really and truly is then this team is better for it, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

There are no perfect quarterbacks. Even Peyton Manning throws a pass to the other team from time to time. It happened Sunday, but as his Denver Broncos' 51-48 victory over the Dallas Cowboys demonstrated, there are interceptions and then there are interceptions from hell. If every turnover were equal, the emotional damage would be easier to endure. It's the killer pick that leaves the deepest scars -- deep enough, sometimes, to make the long-criticized game manager seem attractive by comparison.

Of course, a cautious game manager wasn't going to suffice in the type of shootout Tony Romo and the Cowboys lost so painfully to Manning's Broncos. The late interception Romo threw hurt so much precisely because he had been so dynamic to that point. The play will only harden Romo's reputation as prone to the critical mistake, but he was not alone Sunday. Killer interceptions stood out for losing quarterbacks Matt Schaub, Eli Manning, Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert.

Romo and Schaub have become known for breaking hearts. Eli Manning has had his moments as well. Categorizing interceptions by corresponding changes in team win probability gives us a context for just how much each turnover hurts. For example, the pick Romo threw against the Broncos reduced the Cowboys' chances by 25.9 percentage points, an unusually large drop for a single play. It was the ninth time since 2008 that a Romo pick reduced Dallas' chances by at least 20 percentage points. But if you forget Romo's reputation for a second and look at the numbers you'll find that Schaub is an even worse offender. That fact begs the question: Can Schaub survive his early season mistakes in Houston? Or, more to the point, should he?

A little context is in order before we get to Romo, Schaub and the other NFL heartbreakers. Ten years of play-by-play data have set expectations for winning based on specific game circumstances including the score, down, distance, quarter, time remaining, venue and field surface. This data showed the Cowboys with a 55.9 percent win probability when they had first-and-10 from their own 20-yard line with 2:39 remaining in a tie game Sunday. The sack Romo took on first down reduced those chances by 7.7 percentage points. Then came the fateful pick, and just like that, the Broncos had the ball at the Dallas 24. Denver's win probability stood at 77.6 percent and the Cowboys were essentially finished.

Through the late, late game Sunday night, NFL quarterbacks had thrown 2,610 interceptions since 2008. An interception thrown on a 50-yard Hail Mary to end the first half doesn't matter much. A pick thrown during the fourth quarter of a tie game matters a great deal. For the sake of this discussion, I've divided those 2,610 picks into three categories:

Bad: 60 percent of those picks (1,573 of the 2,610) reduced their teams' win probability by 10 or fewer percentage points. For example, the interception Andy Dalton threw Sunday on the final play of the first quarter of a scoreless game against New England produced a 10.8-point drop. This was a costly play, not a fatal one.

Worse: 30 percent (778) of all picks since 2008 produced reductions in win probability between 10 and 19.9 percentage points. The fourth-quarter interception Tennessee's Ryan Fitzpatrick threw against the Kansas City Chiefs fell into this category. The Titans trailed by three points with 6:23 remaining. The pick reduced their win probability from 38.9 percent to 22.4 percent, a drop of 16.5 points.

Worst: 10 percent of interceptions (259) since 2008 reduced their teams' chances by at least 20 percentage points. Romo's pick Sunday fell into this category. So did the interception Eli Manning threw against Philadelphia while trailing 22-21 with 10:49 remaining. That one produced a 24.1-point drop.

Quarterbacks aren't to blame for every interception. Bad luck, bad route running, bad pass protection and other factors come into play. Also, quarterbacks playing well enough to keep their teams competitive will have their teams in position to win -- and therefore in position to suffer significant drops in win probability on a single play. It's impossible to suffer a 20-point drop in win probability if your team has a 10 percent chance of winning. But losing is losing, and this has become a familiar refrain for Schaub.

Worst of the worst

The pick-six Schaub threw on the third play of the Houston Texans' 34-3 defeat at San Francisco gave him one in four successive games, a record. It was also his least damaging of the four, by far, because so much time remained in the game. His previous three came deeper into one-score games, affecting win probability by between 24 and 39 percent on each. Those three killer picks give Schaub a league-high 14 in the "worst" category reserved for interceptions reducing win probability by at least 20 percentage points. That's five more than anyone else since 2008.

Schaub needs a high pain threshold. He has thrown 64 picks overall since 2008, and 21.9 percent of those fell into the "worst" category. That's twice the league average and the highest rate for any current NFL starter.

The chart to the right shows the 10 quarterbacks with at least eight interceptions in the "worst" category since 2008. The final two columns show these plays in relation to total pass attempts. Schaub not only has the highest raw total, he also has one of the highest rates per pass attempt. While Drew Brees is tied for second with nine "worst" interceptions, his percentage is about half of Schaub's.

INTs Reducing Win Probability by 20+ Pct.
QB INTs Att. Pct.
Matt Schaub 14 2,585 0.54
Mark Sanchez 9 1,867 0.48
Carson Palmer 9 2,254 0.40
Tony Romo 9 2,571 0.35
Philip Rivers 9 2,805 0.32
Drew Brees 9 3,335 0.27
Chad Henne 8 1,468 0.54
Kyle Orton 8 1,766 0.32
Jay Cutler 8 2,532 0.32
Eli Manning 8 2,855 0.28
Stats cover 2008 to present

The pick Arizona's Daryl Washington collected off Carolina's Cam Newton in the fourth quarter of a one-score game Sunday fell into this category, changing win probability by 20.9 points. It was only the third time Newton has thrown one of these.

Some of the quarterbacks most closely associated with these costly interceptions also rank among the leaders in plays producing the largest positive swings. Fifteen of Eli Manning's touchdown passes since 2008 produced gains in win probability of at least 20 points, by far the most in the NFL over that span. Matthew Stafford (11), Romo (9), Tom Brady (9), Brees (8), Rodgers (8), Ryan (7) and Cutler (7) are next on the list.

The total for Schaub? Two, tied with a group featuring Troy Smith, Stephen McGee, Shaun Hill, Matt Moore, Curtis Painter, Christian Ponder, Alex Smith and a few players whose careers remain in their formative stages.

This is not an air-tight measure. Interceptions aren't the only way a quarterback can significantly hurt his team's chances, just as touchdowns aren't the only way he can affect a positive swing. But if Schaub or any quarterback is going to give away games with so many killer interceptions, we might reasonably expect greater positive return on the other side.

Schaub remains near the bottom when we expand the criteria from interceptions and touchdowns to include all QB action plays featuring win probability changes of at least 20 points. He has nine plus-20-percent plays and 16 minus-20-percent plays, producing a minus-seven differential that ranks second-worst in the league since 2008 among current starters. Philip Rivers is at minus-13, including minus-3 this season, but he's done enough right to trail only Peyton Manning in Total QBR this season. Schaub ranks 27th in QBR, one spot below Geno Smith and one ahead of the winless Eli Manning.

Schaub also has less equity built up. Since 2008, Eli Manning is plus-13 in QB action plays featuring win probability swings of at least 20 points -- and he's won two Super Bowls overall. Next comes Stafford (plus-10), Ryan (plus-6) and Rodgers (plus-5), followed by an odd mix of quarterbacks in the next tier. Schaub, meanwhile, is not only second from the bottom but he's also at minus-4 this season, meaning he's trending in the wrong direction.

Coach Gary Kubiak keeps saying Schaub will remain his starter, and Schaub has a good opportunity to stop his slide. A home game against the St. Louis Rams' pass defense should help in Week 6. Even though the Rams collected a pick-six off Gabbert on Sunday, producing a 26.7-point change in win probability, St. Louis still ranks among the bottom five in passer rating allowed (106.7) and Total QBR (69.1) allowed.

If Schaub can't beat the Rams, then what? A trip to Kansas City follows in Week 7. The Chiefs lead the NFL in passer rating allowed (62.3) and Total QBR allowed (25.1). They're tied for the league lead with two interceptions returned for scores.

Week 6 could prove pivotal for Schaub. His current pace is simply unsustainable.

why matt schaub has to go:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/mike-sando/post?id=1220

Christ, I really hope Kubes puts in Keenum so either we win or this insufferable Keenum love just stops. I'd be happy with either situation.

MSR.

I'm all for Keenum if he can lead us to the SB. I don't see any reason not to give Yates two or three games now though cause I don't think the SB is happening this season either way.

College and preseason play is weak "proof" of his ability to do things that Yates and Schaub cannot.

But again, I'm all aboard the start Keenum train because I will be happy if he wins for us and I'll be happy if all this unfounded Keenum love stops. I'm adopting a wait and watch policy on him. I don't think he is as special as many posters here think he is, but if he really and truly is then this team is better for it, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

This...

Also... posted this in the NFL section of the board, but here it is again.

Matt Flynn's been released.

The short and painful Matt Flynn era is over in Oakland. Flynn has been released by the Raiders, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora has confirmed. Oakland obtained Flynn in an April Fool's Day trade with the Seahawks. In exchange for the quarterback, the Raiders sent a 2014 fifth-round pick to Seattle.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24045805/report-raiders-release-qb-matt-flynn

Do we give him a call?

Geez, just thought about the possibility that Cortland (F)innegan could take one to the house against us. Talk about the last laugh.

joffery_slapped.gif

Also... posted this in the NFL section of the board, but here it is again.

Matt Flynn's been released.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24045805/report-raiders-release-qb-matt-flynn

Do we give him a call?

that's just perfect. more back up qbs.

just what we need.

we could be the first team that has some sort of bizarro number retirement shrine where nobody can use it going forward. We can put Tony Boselli's jersey in the shrine.

Some teams retire numbers. The Texans banish them.

That's an outstanding attitude to take about it. It really would be a win-win. Either he's the savior waiting in the wings that many of us hope and/or believe he is or we get it over with and move on to the next potential candidate.

I don't think so. Who would we cut? We can't have 4 QBs on the roster and I don't think he's shown anything that would put him above Yates.

This is my thought as well. There's obviously some reason he hasn't stuck in either Seattle or Oakland, so...

Schaub's QB rating for the last 4 games: 76.6 / 72.8 / 81.6 / 32.2

Schaub's pass completion % against 49ers: 54.2 (19/35)

You had said before that the tendon in the repaired foot becomes inflamed and painful like tendonitis after prolonged use. You had also said that the only remedy for this is rest. I'm thinking that after Schaub had one poor performance, he practiced extra hard to rebound and rebuild confidence, and he didn't allow time for his foot to rest. This affected him in the next game, which was a disaster, so he worked extra hard again, and just compounded the problem. By trying to work through it, his accuracy and confidence degrade each week. He's grinding the gears and becoming a psychological wreck.

You had said before that the tendon in the repaired foot becomes inflamed and painful like tendonitis after prolonged use. You had also said that the only remedy for this is rest. I'm thinking that after Schaub had one poor performance, he practiced extra hard to rebound and rebuild confidence, and he didn't allow time for his foot to rest. This affected him in the next game, which was a disaster, so he worked extra hard again, and just compounded the problem. By trying to work through it, his accuracy and confidence degrade each week. He's grinding the gears and becoming a psychological wreck.

Except for the foot structure affected being ligament (and arthritic bone) rather than tendon, resulting discomfort and stiffness leading to abnormal mechanics is the progression that would be expected........improved to some extent with rest.........and easily aggravated with return to traumatic activity.

What Qb after starting his career as a back up, being traded to another team, starting and enjoying success, then being benched after throwing 4 straight pick 6's, went on to post-season success and Super Bowl glory?
I don't know. Were you going to tell us?

Except for the foot structure affected being ligament (and arthritic bone) rather than tendon, resulting discomfort and stiffness leading to abnormal mechanics is the progression that would be expected........improved to some extent with rest.........and easily aggravated with return to traumatic activity.

Do you think this is the root cause of his decline? It would make sense if the timeframe began after the Detroit game last season, where he was getting beat up by Suh and had to play into overtime. That's when the losing streak started.

I admit, I am jealous watching team after team with young, talented, mobile QBs. Geno Smith tonight look great. He took OWNERSHIP of his mistakes last week (pathetic Schaub can learn). I want a shiny, young QB prospect. We have a dinosaur of a QB with an antiquated offense.

What Qb after starting his career as a back up, being traded to another team, starting and enjoying success, then being benched after throwing 4 straight pick 6's, went on to post-season success and Super Bowl glory?
Well, considering that Schaub is the owner of that little jewel of a record, I'd have to say nobody. I would go so far as to cite one of my favorite Western's, but Schaub is armed with a .25 in a league full of .45's. Ah hell, maybe some of y'all will enjoy a good ole Spaghetti Western.

My Name is Nobody

How do we continue a conversation on this without it being another Schaub thread?

And Schaub has never deflected ownership of his mistakes.

How do we continue a conversation on this without it being another Schaub thread?

And Schaub has never deflected ownership of his mistakes.

REALLY??? He kept using "we" this or that. he never said "I screwed up" or "I need to play better". If he starts on Sunday, I will be in my seat at Reliant BOOING his ass all game long. In fact, I want to bring my Schaub jersey and torch it in the parking lot.

I admit, I am jealous watching team after team with young, talented, mobile QBs. Geno Smith tonight look great. He took OWNERSHIP of his mistakes last week (pathetic Schaub can learn). I want a shiny, young QB prospect. We have a dinosaur of a QB with an antiquated offense.
This will almost automatically put a team, in it's prime, into rebuilding mode. More shiny, young QB prospect's end up cratering than succeeding. I'm much more concerned with seeing what we have behind Schaub now than gambling on a draft prospect.

If Kubiak sticks with Schaub, I can very easily see McNair firing him and then we get to that rebuilding mode again. What are the chances of the Texans having the players that fit the new regime's schemes? Actually, I can see Wade Phillips getting the shot as HC, so there might be hope. Especially if he could get Kyle Shannahan back. Our O kicked ass with him as OC. Not likely, but it could happen.

I wonder what the chances of resigning Watt are if the Texans stay the course they are on now. He could sign with any team in the league and get the pay day he deserves. I doubt he'll give Houston much thought if they keep running the same loser out week after week because the HC is a stubborn fuktard.

REALLY??? He kept using "we" this or that. he never said "I screwed up" or "I need to play better". If he starts on Sunday, I will be in my seat at Reliant BOOING his ass all game long. In fact, I want to bring my Schaub jersey and torch it in the parking lot.

At least you're taking the rational approach.

I heard those interviews today and I raged afterwards. There is no "we" here. Its YOU and your father. Nutless and noodle arm.

Not sure if this has been posted, but this stat explains everything:

INTs Reducing Win Probability By 20+ Pct.
QB INTs Att. Pct.
Tony Romo 9 2,571 0.35
Drew Brees 9 3,335 0.27
Chad Henne 8 1,468 0.54
Kyle Orton 8 1,766 0.32
Jay Cutler 8 2,532 0.32
Eli Manning 8 2,855 0.28

That's since '08. Game manager? Not even. If the guy hardly ever threw an INT, I could potential overlook his league-worst arm strength, league-worst mobility, and league-worst pocket presence. But he is literally losing games for us. Doesn't elevate his game for prime-time contests or playoffs. Makes mistakes at critical moments. LOSER.

After watching Geno Smith last night, I'd much rather have him...and that's saying something...

Not sure if this has been posted, but this stat explains everything:

INTs Reducing Win Probability By 20+ Pct.
QB INTs Att. Pct.
Tony Romo 9 2,571 0.35
Drew Brees 9 3,335 0.27
Chad Henne 8 1,468 0.54
Kyle Orton 8 1,766 0.32
Jay Cutler 8 2,532 0.32
Eli Manning 8 2,855 0.28

That's since '08. Game manager? Not even. If the guy hardly ever threw an INT, I could potential overlook his league-worst arm strength, league-worst mobility, and league-worst pocket presence. But he is literally losing games for us. Doesn't elevate his game for prime-time contests or playoffs. Makes mistakes at critical moments. LOSER.

After watching Geno Smith last night, I'd much rather have him...and that's saying something...

list is invalidated simply b/c you've got 2 guys on there who've won 3 total SB's...1 of those guys won a SB since 2008...Another thing is i think we'd all like to have at least 3 of the guys on that list over Schaub....some might even take 4 at this point.

Do you think this is the root cause of his decline? It would make sense if the timeframe began after the Detroit game last season, where he was getting beat up by Suh and had to play into overtime. That's when the losing streak started.

Yes. When an athlete (in this case a QB) loses his mechanics, especially with a foot problem of any sort, it changes not only how he plays, but how he THINKS. His play options and variety of plays carried out are distinctly narrowed, and the resulting patterns become increasingly set and more and more evident until in time they no longer go unnoticed. Just the opposite......they become extremely predictable to most observers. But because the underlying limitations don’t allow for the opening of any new doors, SELF-CONFIDENCE (no matter what you may hear) is quickly eroded bringing with it its own limitations. And so begins a vicious cycle leading to a uncontrollable downward spiral.

Yes. When an athlete (in this case a QB) loses his mechanics, especially with a foot problem of any sort, it changes not only how he plays, but how he THINKS. His play options and variety of plays carried out are distinctly narrowed, and the resulting patterns become increasingly set and more and more evident until in time they no longer go unnoticed. Just the opposite......they become extremely predictable to most observers. But because the underlying limitations don’t allow for the opening of any new doors, SELF-CONFIDENCE (no matter what you may hear) is quickly eroded bringing with it its own limitations. And so begins a vicious cycle leading to a uncontrollable downward spiral.

You can also point out that Schaub has been pretty bad since he got kicked in the balls on national tv last thanksgiving and the stats would justify it just as much. So I guess, don't get kicked in the balls on Thanksgiving.

EDIT: STAAAAAAAATS:

Prior to kick: 10 games, 6 over 100 QBR, 2 under 60% completion %
Post kick: 12 games, 2 over 100 QBR, 4 under 60% completion %.
Schaub played perfectly fine for like the first 7 or 8 weeks of football last year, why no talk about this injury then (because it didn't fit the story)?

EDIT2: Who's to say that Schaub's problem isn't something like this:

DOWN!
SET!
please don't kick me in the balls
HUT HUT!
please don't kick me in the balls PLEASE DON'T KICK ME IN THE BALLS HERE YOU CAN HAVE IT FINE WHATEVER

You can also point out that Schaub has been pretty bad since he got kicked in the balls on national tv last thanksgiving and the stats would justify it just as much. So I guess, don't get kicked in the balls on Thanksgiving.

EDIT: STAAAAAAAATS:

Prior to kick: 10 games, 6 over 100 QBR, 2 under 60% completion %
Post kick: 12 games, 2 over 100 QBR, 4 under 60% completion %.
Schaub played perfectly fine for like the first 7 or 8 weeks of football last year, why no talk about this injury then (because it didn't fit the story)?

EDIT2: Who's to say that Schaub's problem isn't something like this:

DOWN!
SET!
HUT HUT!
please don't kick me in the balls PLEASE DON'T KICK ME IN THE BALLS HERE YOU CAN HAVE IT FINE WHATEVER

I appreciate the sarcasm very much. :tiphat:I guess you didn't pay much attention to the fact that a Lisfranc is a "wear down" injury. But feel free to keep on busting balls. Mine are pretty strong. They can take it.

The Lisfranc is causing Schaub problems. C-N-D predicted this BEFORE BoB/Rick/Gary signed Matt to the extention.

Schaub is reminding me of a less talented Marino at the end of his career, after Marino tore his achilles tendon. Marino was a sitting duck and lost his once great arm strength. He couldn't throw the ball 50 yds the last yr of his career.

Marino's mind told him he could still fit the ball into tight spaces. But because of his injury to the achilles his body wouldn't let him fit the ball in consistently. This led to turnovers and drove Jimmy Johnson crazy. Feet/Achilles problems are death knells to a QB's career. The feet provide the base/balance for a QB's accuracy. Without it a QB is screwed. (Schaub)

The Lisfranc is causing Schaub problems. C-N-D predicted this BEFORE BoB/Rick/Gary signed Matt to the extention.

Schaub is reminding me of a less talented Marino at the end of his career, after Marino tore his achilles tendon. Marino was a sitting duck and lost his once great arm strength. He couldn't throw the ball 50 yds the last yr of his career.

Marino's mind told him he could still fit the ball into tight spaces. But because of his injury to the achilles his body wouldn't let him fit the ball in consistently. This led to turnovers and drove Jimmy Johnson crazy. Feet/Achilles problems are death knells to a QB's career. The feet provide the base/balance for a QB's accuracy. Without it a QB is screwed. (Schaub)

Posted this in another thread but it probably belongs here ---

I rewatched the 49ers game last night along with some of last seasons early games when the team & Schaub were rolling.

The biggest difference between now and then is .... Velocity. That's why those plays that were once the bread and butter of this offense are failing. Schaub lacks the velocity to make even those simple throws.

What physically separates the good players from the mediocre and bad in this league is a very small margin - the difference I see in Schaub isn't very small but significant.

I truly believe that the combination of injuries Schaub has incurred over the course of his career is the biggest reason behind his poor play. Most notably the lisfranc which has severely affected his ability to plant / drive.

Schaub never had a big arm to begin with , now he's lost a significant amount of velocity and having his worst season to date. Go back and look for yourselves , the loss of velocity is pretty startling IMO ....

The bad news ? This season that started with such high expectations is likely going to end in disappointment ....

The good news ?! We'll finally see the Texans use their first significant draft choice on a QB since HWWNBM & if they get it right in a QB rich draft .... we should be set for the next decade at the position. This is a really rich draft for QB talent with up to ten taken in the first two rounds pending underclassmen declaring.

All of the following grade out somewhere between the 1's - 3rd rounds (depending upon who you listen to) *X* are underclassmen.

*Teddy Bridgewater*
*Marcus Mariota*
*Brett Hundley*
Tajh Boyd
*Johnny Manziel*
Zach Mettenberger
Derek Carr
Aaron Murray
Stephen Morris
A.J. McCarron
David Fales

The first five are projected at this time to be first round picks.

(Give me Boyd , Murray or Manziel in that order - pending this is the offense they run - We wont have a shot at Teddy Bridgewater who's the likely #1 overall)

What does his foot injury have to do with his recently surplus of ints? Those picks he threw are vision related. At this point he clearly can't distinguish corners squatting his route. He can't distinguish a clean pocket from a collapsing pocket. He don't have the patient to let deep routes developed.

On the contrary I have never seen Schaub in better physical shape as I have now. He looks quicker and more agile than ever before(that's saying a lot, I know). There were times in the pocket I thought for sure he'll get sack but spun away from it instead which I never saw from him. If his injury is still lingering there would have been a slight grimace in his face while walking around on the field. There would have been a little hobble here and there just by casually walking about. That's something you can't hide or fake. I know people with lisfranc injuries and that's what I see from them. I seen none of that signs from Schaub.

Right now Schaub is shell-shocked. He's 32 years old and the book is out on him. And the rest of the league are grabbing the prints while it's still hot off the press.

What does his foot injury have to do with his recently surplus of ints?

Velocity - if he has the velocity he's had over the rest of his time as a Texan , those likely aren't INT's ..... Now he lacks the ability to plant and loses velocity , those same passes are now INT's.

Cause & effect.

Velocity - if he has the velocity he's had over the rest of his time as a Texan , those likely aren't INT's ..... Now he lacks the ability to plant and loses velocity , those same passes are now INT's.

Cause & effect.

velocity is not his biggest problem. its his accuracy and decision making. schaub never really had arm strength. his accuracy (especially ball placement) and decision making is what's killing him.

What does his foot injury have to do with his recently surplus of ints? Those picks he threw are vision related. At this point he clearly can't distinguish corners squatting his route. He can't distinguish a clean pocket from a collapsing pocket. He don't have the patient to let deep routes developed.

The first part of fixing anything is correctly identifying the problem. The first INT, intended for Andre, the DB was not squatting on that route, he was covering another receiver on a "parallel" route. When Hopkins made his break, the corner looked for the ball. Saw it was going to Andre & jumped his route.

The second Int, also intended for Andre, the DB was giving Andre a generous cushion. He kept Andre & the QB in front of him. When Matt threw the ball, he jumped the route.

When the big guy plucked the ball out of the air, he wasn't squatting on a route, he was reading the QB.

Matt's delivery from decision to throw just took too long. I don't know if that's always been the case, but Sunday it looked like he was being doubly sure he was seeing what he wanted to see.

I don't think Schaub has lost confidence in himself, maybe he lost confidence in his teammates. His OL, his receivers. Both balls thrown to Andre should have been thrown sooner. The one to Graham... inexplicable.

The jumpball he threw to DeAndre was a little too far, DeAndre had to get a little advantage. The jumpball he threw to Andre, way too far.

The first part of fixing anything is correctly identifying the problem. The first INT, intended for Andre, the DB was not squatting on that route, he was covering another receiver on a "parallel" route. When Hopkins made his break, the corner looked for the ball. Saw it was going to Andre & jumped his route.

The second Int, also intended for Andre, the DB was giving Andre a generous cushion. He kept Andre & the QB in front of him. When Matt threw the ball, he jumped the route.

When the big guy plucked the ball out of the air, he wasn't squatting on a route, he was reading the QB.

Matt's delivery from decision to throw just took too long. I don't know if that's always been the case, but Sunday it looked like he was being doubly sure he was seeing what he wanted to see.

I don't think Schaub has lost confidence in himself, maybe he lost confidence in his teammates. His OL, his receivers. Both balls thrown to Andre should have been thrown sooner. The one to Graham... inexplicable.

The jumpball he threw to DeAndre was a little too far, DeAndre had to get a little advantage. The jumpball he threw to Andre, way too far.

The entire city hates him and want him replaced, fans were burning his jersey, the media is ripping him, and he set the record for pick 6s and you dont think he has lost confidence?

have you seen his body language?

its all bad and it shows the look of a defeated man who has zero confidence in himself.

You really need to stop pretending you're not a fan of his. Its just shameless right now.

On the contrary I have never seen Schaub in better physical shape as I have now. He looks quicker and more agile than ever before(that's saying a lot, I know). There were times in the pocket I thought for sure he'll get sack but spun away from it instead which I never saw from him. If his injury is still lingering there would have been a slight grimace in his face while walking around on the field. There would have been a little hobble here and there just by casually walking about. That's something you can't hide or fake. I know people with lisfranc injuries and that's what I see from them. I seen none of that signs from Schaub.

Right now Schaub is shell-shocked. He's 32 years old and the book is out on him. And the rest of the league are grabbing the prints while it's still hot off the press.

You, as others, are definitely entitled to your opinion. If you followed my posts over the past 2 years, you might not be trying to invalidate the Lisfranc as a major factor in his decline. But I certainly can't argue with someone who "knows" people with Lisfranc injuries.....and you know that all the different types of Lisfrancs present the same challenges for everyone. I'll have to go back to the countless patients I been involved with in the care of this injury, and tell them to learn to limp so they can prove that their Lisfranc is responsible for their subsequent functional limitations and athletic deficiencies.

BTW, Corrosion evidently does get it.

The entire city hates him and want him replaced, fans were burning his jersey, the media is ripping him, and he set the record for pick 6s and you dont think he has lost confidence?

have you seen his body language?

its all bad and it shows the look of a defeated man who has zero confidence in himself.

You really need to stop pretending you're not a fan of his. Its just shameless right now.

I have to agree. His body language was/is awful. He hangs his head down coming back to the sideline. Can anyone say he acts like a winner with a straight face?

Schaub has cracked. It's all downhill from here. I SEVERELY doubt we make the playoffs.

You can quote me on that, bia.

I have to agree. His body language was/is awful. He hangs his head down coming back to the sideline. Can anyone say he acts like a winner with a straight face?

Schaub has cracked. It's all downhill from here. I SEVERELY doubt we make the playoffs.

You can quote me on that, bia.

of course it has cracked. schaub wasnt the most mentally tough individual to begin with anyway. he was already folding years ago with mental blunders vs the raiders and that OT loss to baltimore.

those who were honest pointed it out and got drummed out by mob who thought everything was ok because we were winning.

They refused to be honest with themselves and didnt want to see the tip of the iceberg. plenty have seen the whole iceberg but were marginalized as haters and trolls and their voice silenced.

my voice is being silenced right now as i cant see my posts if i log out. i can only see them if im logged in if not, they disappear from the threads.

Back