Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

All encompassing 2023 Draft thoughts thread.

I second your opinion. I’d pick Branch. He’s solid. Imagine him Pitre, Stingley and another young piece (maybe Brents, Rush, or Bennett) as the foundation of our secondary. I 100% would choose him every single time.
Witherspoon & Branch would give Texans elite DB’s trumping Jets w/Sauce.

Yair, but good ones make ordinary RBs look better.
Good ones protect the QB better. In last year's conference championship games, the 8 OGs were found in the following rounds:

(3) 2nd Round
(2) 3rd Round
(2) 4th Round
(1) 6th Round

Good OGs. Found on average in the 3rd round.

If the Texans were to trade the 2nd pick there are multiple examples in recent history in this link

But do you think we’d trade? There’s a possibility if they’re not sold on Stroud. But could we stay and pick Anderson

Favorable in terms of metrics, measurables, I can see that. In terms of production and current ability, I can't see that.

Will Anderson dominates the edge position in this draft class the way Bijon Robinson dominates the RB position.
Perhaps but Foskey has two years 11 sacks each and Tuli Tuipulotu has 13.5 2022 season. That is really good production and ability anyway you look at it And both are round twos rather than pick 2.

Hmm...if Texans
Perhaps but Foskey has two years 11 sacks each and Tuli Tuipulotu has 13.5 2022 season. That is really good production and ability anyway you look at it And both are round twos rather than pick 2.
Derick Hall led the sack count at Auburn each of the 3 years he was there.

The (3) players at the top of this draft class would be Bijan Robinson, Will Anderson, and then Jalen Carter. Carter screwed up and he’ll fall but probably remains in top 10.

If Texans take a hard pass on Stroud, I believe Ryans will really press to get Anderson. Like I mentioned in another post, good chance the Texans could be eyeing Hooker at 12 if they didn’t think he’d still be on the board at 33.

Those guys have very good value in the 2nd. I'm probably too low on Foskey. I thought he was a 1st rounder if he had come out last year. He should probably be a 1st rounder, this year.
If Texans take a hard pass on Stroud, I believe Ryans will really press to get Anderson. Like I mentioned in another post, good chance the Texans could be eyeing Hooker at 12 if they didn’t think he’d still be on the board at 33.
Maybe Hooker is an option at #12. It would be among the most shocking selections on draft night, if it happens.

Those guys have very good value in the 2nd. I'm probably too low on Foskey. I thought he was a 1st rounder if he had come out last year. He should probably be a 1st rounder, this year.

Maybe Hooker is an option at #12. It would be among the most shocking selections on draft night, if it happens.
Normally a reach such as that would irritate, however if they think he can be the QB of future, I will be complimentary. It would mean they identified their guy, considered he might be gone at 33 and they stepped up.

The (3) players at the top of this draft class would be Bijan Robinson, Will Anderson, and then Jalen Carter. Carter screwed up and he’ll fall but probably remains in top 10.

I can live with Anderson at 2 and hooker at 33 but at 12? I don’t know man, that’s a ballsy move from nick and co if they pull that off

Have we announced that we are drafting Junior yet?

tired of waiting

55172436.jpg

Guess who...
  • His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
  • Powerful large club-like hands - violent in the extreme
  • Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #20. He wrote "***** was a devastating player for Old Dominion in 2019, making 19 TFLs. He was 265 then. He transferred to Tech, but then suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him. He’s now 6-4, 290, and primed to be a problem for ACC teams. ***** has hit 21 mph despite being almost 300 pounds. He also has vertical-jumped 32 inches and done 38 reps of 225 on the bench press."
  • Has the speed to track backs sideline to sideline - impressive for a player of his size
  • ***** has excellent flexibility to bend the edge, and shows a good closing burst.
  • Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
  • He has a lethal spin move and the pure speed to close quickly.
  • ***** has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
  • He’s a high-motor player, and he shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.
  • Also has 34" arms to hold Olinemen at bay.
I like this guy more than Tyree Wilson.
He won't be there at #33. So #12 or trade down.
Ask me and I'll post his name!

Last edited:
Guess who...
  • His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
  • Powerful large club-like hands - violent in the extreme
  • Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #20. He wrote "***** was a devastating player for Old Dominion in 2019, making 19 TFLs. He was 265 then. He transferred to Tech, but then suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him. He’s now 6-4, 290, and primed to be a problem for ACC teams. ***** has hit 21 mph despite being almost 300 pounds. He also has vertical-jumped 32 inches and done 38 reps of 225 on the bench press."
  • Has the speed to track backs sideline to sideline - impressive for a player of his size
  • ***** has excellent flexibility to bend the edge, and shows a good closing burst.
  • Tall, solid frame with adequate length and has done a nice job losing the bad weight and firming his body.
  • He has a lethal spin move and the pure speed to close quickly.
  • ***** has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
  • He’s a high-motor player, and he shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.
  • Also has 34" arms to hold Olinemen at bay.
I like this guy more than Tyree Wilson.
He won't be there at #33. So #12 or trade down.
Ask me and I'll post his name!
No teasing...KW?

Lol - seriously?
You always ask why why why.
All I did was turn your own line against you and you fly off the handle.
Sheesh.
You made the comment. No one else has had a problem explaining their thoughts on why they like one player over another. Why do you?
You made the statement, own it. Why do you like Keion White more than Tyree Wilson?

You made the comment. No one else has had a problem explaining their thoughts on why they like one player over another. Why do you?
You made the statement, own it. Why do you like Keion White more than Tyree Wilson?
I am constantly posting players up. In fact, I posted Keion White up and you still said "Why?"
Can you see "why" I asked you why not now?
Btw, you can try doing some research yourself instead of being so lazy.
If you think White is not better than Wilson, then show us why.
That's how it works around here.

I am constantly posting players up. In fact, I posted Keion White up and you still said "Why?"
Can you see "why" I asked you why not now?
Btw, you can try doing some research yourself instead of being so lazy.
If you think White is not better than Wilson, then show us why.
That's how it works around here.
Why are you being so argumentative? Why do you have a problem with my asking why you made the statement? Do you feel that way or not? YOU have no place to tell me how things work around here and no it doesn't work that way. If you make a statement, back it up. That's all I'm asking you to do. Yes you posted some comments taken directly off Bruce Feldmans Freak List posted in the athletic but you have posted no comparison to Tyree Wilson nor any justification of why you made the statement that you like one better than the other. Either you have a conviction or you don't. Were you talking out your ass trying to be cute and hoping no one knew you were talking about Keion White? Was that your game? Guess who?

Why are you being so argumentative? Why do you have a problem with my asking why you made the statement? Do you feel that way or not? YOU have no place to tell me how things work around here and no it doesn't work that way. If you make a statement, back it up. That's all I'm asking you to do. Yes you posted some comments taken directly off Bruce Feldmans Freak List posted in the athletic but you have posted no comparison to Tyree Wilson nor any justification of why you made the statement that you like one better than the other. Either you have a conviction or you don't. Were you talking out your ass trying to be cute and hoping no one knew you were talking about Keion White? Was that your game? Guess who?
Takes two to tango.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Back