Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

All encompassing 2023 Draft thoughts thread.

Don’t see Texans reconstructed organization taking leap on flyers with questionable backgrounds.

Supplemental draft is kinda wonky to me but teams with 6 or less wins are thrown into mix to make selection based off order but if multiple teams submit bids on a player in the same round, the team picking first in the order is awarded the player.

But there is this clause, they must forfeit its pick in that round in the following NFL Draft.

Doubtfull players in this pool check all the boxes. Most likely 6th/7th rounds would be Caserio territory. Wright/Wideman could fit in this scenario I suppose which would make me think Poles is more likely to reach 5th, 6th and 7th.

Don’t see Texans reconstructed organization taking leap on flyers with questionable backgrounds.

I know nothing about their backgrounds. Are they questionable? There are many reasons for why a player may join the supplemental draft- Milton Wright, for example, was deemed academically ineligible.

Supplemental draft is kinda wonky to me but teams with 6 or less wins are thrown into mix to make selection based off order but if multiple teams submit bids on a player in the same round, the team picking first in the order is awarded the player.

I'm pretty sure all teams are eligible to make picks in the supplemental draft. There is some weirdness with how teams are pooled into three categories based on records, but ultimately, all teams can make picks. Here is some clarification- link

Doubtfull players in this pool check all the boxes. Most likely 6th/7th rounds would be Caserio territory. Wright/Wideman could fit in this scenario I suppose which would make me think Poles is more likely to reach 5th, 6th and 7th.

Yeah, it is pretty unlikely the Texans select one of these players. Wright hasn't played a game in over a year, and I'd be really curious to see why Wideman's production dropped off a cliff this past year. But still... I've made my opinion known that I think the Texans are weak at receiver. This is another opportunity to see if there is some talent that could be added to the room.

When’s the last time a spoiled USC trash QB named Caleb won a SB? I’m just going by history. I love all Caleb’s as long as they are white with parents not from African countries. I guess their could be an outlier, but history says otherwise.

When’s the last time a spoiled USC trash QB named Caleb won a SB? I’m just going by history. I love all Caleb’s as long as they are white with parents not from African countries. I guess their could be an outlier, but history says otherwise.
And then the Sexual Predator happened.

I could see Williams career turning out like Derrick's.

Hopefully minus the Perverted stuff.

Are you referring to me with this post? If so, I seem to remember my wanting Jamies/Mahomes/Hooker in the last few drafts. Maybe you're just referring to anybody who isn't a Stroud fan? For clarity, I want Stroud to succeed even though I'm not a fan of his.

And then the Sexual Predator happened.

I could see Williams career turning out like Derrick's.

Hopefully minus the Perverted stuff.

Are you referring to me with this post? If so, I seem to remember my wanting Jamies/Mahomes/Hooker in the last few drafts. Maybe you're just referring to anybody who isn't a Stroud fan?

I wish I could accurately predict who would be successful NFL quarterbacks. It's like playing the lottery.

Back