Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2024 Texans off season

if we can't get one it's not deep enough.
The sweet spot to get a quality starting level RT in yr one is in rd 1 or 2. They may can find a guy like Rouse/Fisher/Foster in Rd. 3, but will probably need to trade up in rd 3 to get one of these guys.

Only part of 2023 season but trying to find another link for all 2023 and I thought it was mid 70s run blocker.
I would be for signing these guys You probably could get all of these guys for less than 30 million in cap space.

Brown
Jacobs or Barkley
Curtis Samuel
Xavier Harrison

Draft mostly defense and this team will be ready to roll.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2023-nfl-offensive-line-rankings our linemen rank among the very worst in the league ....that's what shut down our little power back .... no creases to get him where he does damage .... and we're gonna fool around and get CJ Braveheart killed ! Link above shows, very clearly, just how inept the OLine really is ! Take one or two early .... pennywise .... pound foolish ! Who is Penny anyway .... wait, is her last name Lane ?

Last edited:

Should the Texans look into it? Would he be a good fit for our system?

You have to compensate the Eagles AND pay big money for him. The whole reason he’s requesting a trade is to get a raise. Might as well pay Josh Allen and keep your draft picks if you’re going that route. You’re not getting Reddick for a 6th round pick like Shaq Mason…

You have to compensate the Eagles AND pay big money for him. The whole reason he’s requesting a trade is to get a raise. Might as well pay Josh Allen and keep your draft picks if you’re going that route. You’re not getting Reddick for a 6th round pick like Shaq Mason…
I'd rather pay Greenard and draft a guy than trade for Reddick

You have to compensate the Eagles AND pay big money for him. The whole reason he’s requesting a trade is to get a raise.
The Eagles probably want Reddick off the books. His guaranteed money is over. The Eagles took a edge rusher in the 1st round last year and need to get him on the field. I would guess a 3rd/4th round pick swap would do the trick. Reddick and Greenard are similar players at this point, though Greenard is 3 years younger. If talks go sideways with Greenard, I could see the Texans pivoting to Reddick.

That said, I expect a hear about a Greenard re-signing before the new league year.

Don't blow a gasket. No that's not what PFF is saying. If you are a premium subscriber you can get correct numbers. Overall grade, Tunsil is tied among OTs for #20 with a grade of 75.5. Pass blocking he was #4 with a grade of 84.9.
I was responding to the post I quoted

Don't blow a gasket. No that's not what PFF is saying. If you are a premium subscriber you can get correct numbers. Overall grade, Tunsil is tied among OTs for #20 with a grade of 75.5. Pass blocking he was #4 with a grade of 84.9.

This is the first year that I didn't subscribe .... do they list any numbers on Tytus Howard ?

This is the first year that I didn't subscribe .... do they list any numbers on Tytus Howard ?
Sure. After initially coming back from injury, he started 7 games, starting in week 5, all at LG. He was reinjured in week 12, taking only 14 snaps in that game. His grades are broken down for each game, but for the season: his overall offensive grade was 46.8...his run blocking grade was 49.6...his pass blocking grade was 38.9.

In 2022 he started every game, all but two at RT. His overall grade was 67.9...run blocking 64.5...pass blocking 70.2.

And a lot more.

Sure. After initially coming back from injury, he started 7 games, starting in week 5, all at LG. He was reinjured in week 12, taking only 14 snaps in that game. His grades are broken down for each game, but for the season: his overall offensive grade was 46.8...his run blocking grade was 49.6...his pass blocking grade was 38.9.

In 2022 he started every game, all but two at RT. His overall grade was 67.9...run blocking 64.5...pass blocking 70.2.

And a lot more.

Thank you .... I think they both are greatly overpaid .... I'd much rather be paying far less to a younger linemen whose play performance was on the rise !

Several sources including sports betting are now saying Saquon Barkley should end up with Texans. Houston also remains number two behind Kansas City for signing Chris Jones. For whatever that's worth.
Supposedly the Houston management has decided to go really big after the 2023 season and the team productivity.

Several sources including sports betting are now saying Saquon Barkley should end up with Texans. Houston also remains number two behind Kansas City for signing Chris Jones. For whatever that's worth.
Supposedly the Houston management has decided to go really big after the 2023 season and the team productivity.

Following quite a few Texans there....:kitten:

Could mean something...Could mean absolutely nothing

I liked Sneed as a FA option. I don’t know what the price would be if the Chiefs look to trade him. I’d give up 59, but I don’t know if I’d give up more than that.
Would depend on what kind of deal they could work out with Sneed. I wouldn't do it without a deal in place

Back