Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2018 TT Mock Draft Selection Thread

San Francisco selects Desmond Harrison - OT, West Georgia

I like this pick and the 4th rd is about where I think he will go in the draft. 1st rd talent with an UDFA brain. Split the difference and you've got Harrison's draft area.

He may bust, but if he hits you've got your franchise LT for the next decade. Well worth a 4th rd gamble to me. I hope Gaine sees things the way this mock has fallen.

Like the draft, can we speed up the last 3 rounds? Maybe a 1 hr time slot per pick....if the pick if it isn't in, just skip it and let the manager pick when he's back on the site. This could knock out 15 picks a day if the clock started at 0700 and ran until 2200 (7-10 CST). I'm good with this, even being +7 hrs ahead. We might just squeak across the finish line by Thursday.

Like the draft, can we speed up the last 3 rounds? Maybe a 1 hr time slot per pick....if the pick if it isn't in, just skip it and let the manager pick when he's back on the site. This could knock out 15 picks a day if the clock started at 0700 and ran until 2200 (7-10 CST). I'm good with this, even being +7 hrs ahead. We might just squeak across the finish line by Thursday.
15 picks a day won't cut it. There are 126 picks left. The only way this could complete prior to the draft is by every GM sending a list via PM to complete their draft slots. Considering most of the 18 GMs don't PM even their next pick, that seems unlikely. But, I don't see another way.

15 picks a day won't cut it. There are 126 picks left. The only way this could complete prior to the draft is by every GM sending a list via PM to complete their draft slots. Considering most of the 18 GMs don't PM even their next pick, that seems unlikely. But, I don't see another way.

We can still draft Thursday and Friday, so that should give us enough time to finish.

But OT is right, we do need to speed things up. I like his idea.

I think next yr we either need to put a 2 hr limit. Or get 10 people to take 3 teams each. 1st come/1st serve.

We can still draft Thursday and Friday, so that should give us enough time to finish.

But OT is right, we do need to speed things up. I like his idea.

I think next yr we either need to put a 2 hr limit. Or get 10 people to take 3 teams each. 1st come/1st serve.

I don't like first come first serve. The people that drop out first or go missing are always the ones that signed up at the very beginning, thinking this would be fun but not understanding the commitment.

I still think the best way to do this is to only allow 8-12 posters that can be vouched for. If you're brand new, you can't be in. No offense to them, but those are the guys every year that drop out. Stick around for a year and maybe you can do it then.

The posters that do this thing every year are never the ones slowing it down. I think I've missed my clock one time in the entire history of this board's draft. And I've participated in all but one. We have posters that have missed their clock three times or more in just this one draft.

If anyone gets their feelings hurt about being excluded they are free to post their own mock in this same section of the board.

You know human nature better than I do.

Any suggestions?
I gave a suggestion regarding everyone PMing their draft list a few posts ago. I made the same suggestion a week ago. I don’t think everyone will follow that. If they did, we could have a complete draft with enough time for everyone to post a synopsis of their picks.

I gave a suggestion regarding everyone PMing their draft list a few posts ago. I made the same suggestion a week ago. I don’t think everyone will follow that. If they did, we could have a complete draft with enough time for everyone to post a synopsis of their picks.

This seems like it would be an incredible amount of work for the person completing the exercise. I'm all for it, because I could produce a list. But some couldn't. And others wouldn't even if they could.

This seems like it would be an incredible amount of work for the person completing the exercise. I'm all for it, because I could produce a list. But some couldn't. And others wouldn't even if they could.

Also more variables that go into it. Teams have different needs and sometimes its OK to draft multiple from one position group sometimes its not. Also certain players fit certain teams better. I have a top 50 list that every player I pick will be on, even in the 7th, but if I went straight off that list the draft would look much different. Also need to look at what will likely be available with the next pick. In the 4th round you might have 3 WRs that you have graded very closely as the next three best prospects but you still have a need at guard and after the next guard there is a big drop off in grading. In that case you take the guard and get one of the WRs with the next pick.

With the #131 pick in the draft, the Miami Dolphins select John Kelly, RB from Tennessee.

Yes, it would be. Spread over the next 2-3 days, it could be done. I did a list prior to the start of the draft. If the other GMs had spent a couple of hours doing the same, we would have finished.

Eagles select: Jordan Whitehead, Safety/CB, Pittsburg 5103 198

Eagles have secondary need, Jordan cousin is Darrell Revis the Pennsylvania native also graduated from the same high school as Revis and guy named Tony Dorsett.

Last edited:
@edromeo is on the clock for Arizona. His two hour clock expires at 1:38 PM.

I have two picks in a row after him and will PM them so @steelbtexan be ready.

That will get us through the end of the fourth round.

The clock has expired on @edromeo and the Cards. Via PM, @bah007 and the Rams select with back to back picks:

Rams at #135 and #136:

#135 - Brandon Parker - OT, North Carolina A&T
#136 - Avonte Maddox - CB, Pittsburgh

Via PM, @steelbtexan and the Cowboys select with pick #137:

Antonio Callaway WR Florida

That concludes@ the 4th round. @FuzzyLogic and the Packers lead off Round 5 with pick #138.

* Other than the missing Arizona pick.

Last edited:
Giants draft is done.

1 (2) Sam Darnold - QB, USC
2 (34) James Daniels - C/OG, Iowa
3 (66) Arden Key - EDGE, LSU
3 (69) Tim Settle - DT, Virginia Tech
4 (108) Duke Ejiofor - DE, Wake Forest
5 (139) Nick Nelson - CB, Wisconsin

This is a really good draft

Washington:
12 (44). Washington Redskins - edromeo - D.J. Chark, WR - LSU
9 (109). Washington Redskins - Anthony Averett, CB - Alabama

Zona:
15. Arizona - LamarJackson, QB - Lousiville
15 (47). Arizona Cardinals - edromeo - Christian Kirk, WR - Texas A&M
15 (79). Arizona Cardinals - edromeo - Brian O'Neill, OT - Pittsburgh
33 (97). Arizona Cardinals(Compensatory) - edromeo - Micah Kiser, LB - Virginia

Tampa:
2 (102). Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Duke Dawson, CB - Florida
6 (38). Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Nick Chubb, RB - Georgia
7. Tampa Bay - BRADLEY CHUBB, DE, NC STATE

Last edited:
5th Round
3 (140). Indianapolis Colts - @Texansballer74 - on the clock
4 (141). Seattle Seahawksfrom Houston Texans - bah007 - Have pick via PM
5 (142). Washington Redskinsfrom Denver Broncos - @edromeo - on deck
6 (143). San Francisco 49ersfrom New York Jets - bah007 - Have pick via PM
7 (144). Tampa Bay Buccaneers - @edromeo
8 (145). Chicago Bears - @gs27

4th round in the books. Can we make it to the Texans pick in the 6th?

Lucky I sent the Colts pick to you way before the time.

Bears select Justin Watson, WR, Penn
6'-2, 217, 4.42 40, 40" vertical
All American, rewrote Penn receiving record books
Could be big sleeper in draft, huge catch radius to go with speed and crisp routes.

Back