Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2018 TT Mock Draft Selection Thread

I'm here guys....had a couple of Polish beers last night. With the 13th pick of RD5 and 150th overall, the Cleveland Browns select:

SS/CB, Tracy Walker - Louisiana / 6-2 @ 210 lbs / Smooth big man who can play both positions. He could be a sleeper pick for the Browns. Definitily brings a little pop to their ST's as well.

great value here, actually forgot about Turay, second round talent in most years, probably go in 3rd, maybe Texans? wouldn't mind him especially if Texans use Mercilus to move back into the 2nd for OT.

5th Round

20 (157). New York Jets from Dallas Cowboys - @OptimisticTexan -on the clock
21 (158). Cincinnati Bengalsfrom Buffalo Bills - @Texansballer74- on deck
22 (159). Oakland Raidersfrom New England Patriotsthrough Cleveland Browns and Kansas City Chiefs - Lucky -Will make the pick by 4pm at the latest
23 (160). Denver Broncosfrom Los Angeles Rams - @TheRealJoker - I have the pick if The RealJoker is not online.
24 (161). Carolina Panthers - @Zach

Will PM @edromeo and @Zach regarding their picks.

Via previous PM, @edr and Arizona select at pick#152: J.C. Jackson - CB, Maryland

With the 20th pick of RD5 and #157 overall, the New York Jets select:

OG / C, Will Clapp - LSU / 6-4 @ 311 lbs. / This guy will give the Jets a nice and versatile G/C to put on their OL. Got to make sure the pieces are in place to protect Franchise QB, Josh Rosen.

5th Round, mass pick style:

16 (153). Detroit Lions - Zach - Durham Smythe - TE, Notre Dame
17 (154). Baltimore Ravens - WolverineFan - Luke Falk - QB, Washington State
18 (155). Los Angeles Chargers - austin23 - Ito Smith - RB, Southern Mississippi
19 (156). Seattle Seahawksfrom Philadelphia Eaglesthrough Seahawks - bah007 - Kemoko Turay - EDGE, Rutgers
20 (157). New York Jets from Dallas Cowboys - OptimisticTexan - Will Clapp - C/OG, LSU
21 (158). Cincinnati Bengalsfrom Buffalo Bills - Texansballer74 - Kylie Fitts - EDGE, Utah
22 (159). Oakland Raidersfrom New England Patriotsthrough Cleveland Browns and Kansas City Chiefs - Lucky - Michael Dickson - P, Texas
23 (160). Denver Broncosfrom Los Angeles Rams - TheRealJoker - Joe Ostman- EDGE, Central Michigan
24 (161). Carolina Panthers - Zach - Allen Lazard - WR, Iowa State

Wow.

5th Round

25 (162). Tennessee Titans - kiwitexansfan - on the clock
26 (163). Washington Redskins from Denver Broncos through Atlanta Falcons - edromeo - on deck
27 (164). New Orleans Saints - FuzzyLogic - have pick via PM
28 (165). Pittsburgh Steelers - Texansphan
29 (166). Buffalo Bills from Jacksonville Jaguars - TheRealJoker -have pick via PM

Last edited:
Let's rock-n-roll guys, 13 more picks (25-38) and RD5 is in the books. I'll be in bed soon, so maybe I'll wake up tomorrow having to get RD6 started.

Let's rock-n-roll guys, 13 more picks (25-38) and RD5 is in the books. I'll be in bed soon, so maybe I'll wake up tomorrow having to get RD6 started.
PM your Browns pick in case we get that far. In fact, I'd like all those who have picks between 162 & 177 to PM me, bah007, and infantrycak with their pick (or picks). That way we can make sure we get to the Texans pick at #177 with time for debate tomorrow.

5th Round
26 (163). Washington Redskins from Denver Broncos through Atlanta Falcons -@edromeo - on the clock until 6:45
27 (164). New Orleans Saints - FuzzyLogic - have pick via PM
28 (165). Pittsburgh Steelers -@Texansphan
29 (166). Buffalo Bills from Jacksonville Jaguars -@TheRealJoker - have pick via PM
30 (167). Minnesota Vikings - banned1976

@edromeo and Washington are skipped.

Via PM, with pick# 164, @FuzzyLogic and the Saints select: Keke Coutee - WR/PR, Texas Tech.

28 (165). Pittsburgh Steelers -@Texansphan is on the clock

At pick # 165, Pittsburgh Steelers select Jaylen Samuels TE N.C. State
A genuine swiss army knife able to play TE, WR, RB and FB. Has very reliable hands and should be a valuable addition to their ST's.
Highly rated.

5th Round
30 (167). Minnesota Vikings - @banned1976 - on the clock until 9AM 4/25
31 (168). Seattle Seahawksfrom New England Patriots - @bah007 - on deck
32 (169). Philadelphia Eagles - @beerlover
33 (170). Cincinnati Bengals(Compensatory) - @Texansballer74
- have pick via PM
35 (172). Green Bay Packers(Compensatory) - FuzzyLogic - have pick via PM
34 (171). Dallas Cowboys(Compensatory) - @steelbtexan - have pick via PM
36 (173). Oakland Raidersfrom Dallas Cowboys(Compensatory) - Lucky
37 (174). Green Bay Packers(Compensatory) - FuzzyLogic - have pick via PM

6th Round
1 (175). Cleveland Browns - @OptimisticTexan
2 (176). Los Angeles Ramsfrom New York Giants - @bah007
3 (177). Houston Texans - Group

We will get to the Texans pick today.

Last edited:
5th Round
30 (167). Minnesota Vikings - @banned1976 - on the clock until 9AM 4/25
31 (168). Seattle Seahawksfrom New England Patriots - @bah007 - on deck
32 (169). Philadelphia Eagles - @beerlover
33 (170). Cincinnati Bengals(Compensatory) - @Texansballer74
- have pick via PM
34 (171). Dallas Cowboys(Compensatory) - @steelbtexan - have pick via PM
36 (173). Oakland Raidersfrom Dallas Cowboys(Compensatory) - Lucky
37 (174). Green Bay Packers(Compensatory) - FuzzyLogic - have pick via PM

6th Round
1 (175). Cleveland Browns - @OptimisticTexan
2 (176). Los Angeles Ramsfrom New York Giants - @bah007
3 (177). Houston Texans - Group

We will get to the Texans pick today.

....and beyond. Let's get positive about getting this baby done. I've also got my Jets board done, so if we get there.....I'm ready.

@beerlover is on the clock with the Eagles at pick#169. We will stop the clock at 11AM and I have all of the comp picks. Then we can put @OptimisticTexan and the Browns on the clock with the 1st pick of the 6th round.

Eagles select: JK Scott, Punter, Alabama 6-6 208

What can I say, special teams are extremely important especially trying to defend Super Bowl and Donnie Jones (who kicked a year for Texans before Shane) retired. He’s got a live leg and can also send kickoffs through the endzone and attempt plus 50 yarders. It’s hard to improve a position on a Championship roster but JK will come in and impact day one.

@edromeo and Washington are skipped.

Via PM, with pick# 164, @FuzzyLogic and the Saints select: Keke Coutee - WR/PR, Texas Tech.

28 (165). Pittsburgh Steelers -@Texansphan is on the clock
So many good prospects left. 5th-6th rounds. I'm telling you, this is where you want to be to get those lottery tickets that pay off in 2019.

If there was a guy I really like (There is) and I was Gaine I would trade back into the 5th using two 6ths and get my guy.

Here are the comp picks for the 5th round:

33 (170). Cincinnati Bengals(Compensatory) - Texansballer74 - Tre Flowers - S, Oklahoma State
34 (171). Dallas Cowboys(Compensatory) -steelbtexan - Dane Cruikshank - S, Arizona
35 (172). Green Bay Packers(Compensatory) - FuzzyLogic - M.J. Stewart - CB, North Carolina
36 (173). Oakland Raidersfrom Dallas Cowboys(Compensatory) - Lucky - Zach Sieler - DE, Ferris State
37 (174). Green Bay Packers(Compensatory) - FuzzyLogic- Toby Weathersby - OT, LSU

5th Round is completed. On to the 6th, @OptimisticTexan and the Browns on the clock with pick# 175.

Got to actually go work for a couple of hours. See you around noon.

Well, @OptimisticTexan messaged me that he was ready to pick 3 hours ago, so no need to PM the pick. We will move on to the Rams and @bah007 at pick #176. The other guys can come in with their picks while the Texans discussion at #177 begins.

Houston Texans pick Chase Litton QB Marshall

Position: Quarterback

Height/Weight: 6’6”, 232 pounds

Combine Measurements/Stats: 4.9-second 40-yard dash, 29.5-inch vertical jump, 106-inch broad jump, 7.49-second three-cone drill, 4.53-second 20-yard shuttle run

College Stats: 728 completions on 1128 attempts, 8335 passing yards, 72 passing touchdowns, 31 interceptions, 7.0 passing yards per attempt, 133.9 QB rating.

Litton had a productive three years on the field at Marshall after originally committing to USF back in 2013. He took a gray shirt his first year on campus but quickly became the starter in Marshall’s second game of 2015. Litton threw for 2,605 yards and 23 touchdowns that season and set a new Marshall freshman record in both categories. The Winter Park, Florida product only missed two games after that season due to injury and led the Herd to wins in the 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl and the 2017 New Mexico Bowl. Now, he hopes that his body of work will get him a spot on an NFL roster.

Pros:

Litton’s a big guy. Being 6’6” allows him to be able to stand comfortably in the pocket and see more of the field than smaller quarterbacks. He has that fearless mentality when it comes to throwing the ball, which served him well playing behind one of the best offensive lines in college football last season. His deep ball is usually pretty nice and he’ll take that shot if he thinks he has it.

Cons:

He’s got a few notable off-the-field incidents to his name, which could affect how some scouts and GMs see him. He’s also not all that mobile and he has that Brett Favre factor to him. By that, I mean a lot of his throws are either home runs or easy interceptions. The overall accuracy is going to have to improve if he wants to last all that long in the NFL.

Brett Toth, OT, 6-5 300 Army,

Don’t care if Texans wait two years for Brett to finish his Army obligations. If you have a lingering need at tackle and opportunity knocks you gotta start opening some doors to protect your franchise QB now and for the future. He is a nuclear engineer, tough, competitive, loyal to a fault and certainly Texan worthy!

With the 1st pick of RD6 and 175th overall, the Cleveland Browns select:

TE, Ryan Izzo - Florida State / 6-5 @ 256 lbs / Wanted to add big body TE with immediate blocking skills, which Izzo fits the bill in spades. This will help either OT blow open holes or seal the ends for Barkley. Izzo can help in the passing game if called upon but blocking is why he makes the roster in 2018.

Last edited:
Texans should select RB, Josh Adams - Notre Dame. Adams had a successful season with the Fighting Irish. He's a big back with plenty of speed and a downhill runner who will hit the hole and go. Adams will be a coaches dream since he soaks up coaching and has a tremendous desire to work hard in order to succeed. He has to work on his blocking but the tangibles I just mentioned should indicate that with proper coaching the Texans could get a steal in this RB.

Last edited:
Back