Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2018 TT Mock Draft Selection Thread

There are a lot of solid players left, similar to what the Texans have picked up in this mock. In the 6th round, I'd like to swing for the fences and take a player I think has the most star potential of the players left in this mock.

Daurice Fountain
WR/PR, Northern Iowa

Fountain ran track in the spring, so his reps are limited. But, he comes out of a small school that has produced good players (Kurt Warner, David Johnson, Bryce Paup). They play better competition than you'd think. Think Jacoby Jones with better hands and without the brain farts in Fountain's regard. Very explosive talent that needs harnessing. To me, that's what the 6th round is for...taking a chance to be great.

2017 Highlights

Texans should select RB, Josh Adams - Notre Dame. Adams had a successful season with the Fighting Irish. he's a big back with plenty of speed. He's a downhill runner who will hit the hole and go.
I tried to like this guy. Good program, good production, good measurables. My problem is that Adams doesn't get to the LOS with power because he runs too upright. That would be OK if he has some shiftiness. He doesn't. I see Alfred Blue without the special teams value. And I looked at the Bama back also, and saw the same thing, but a little worse. If the Texans don't get a RB with one of the 3rd round picks, they're wasting their pick.

I tried to like this guy. Good program, good production, good measurables. My problem is that Adams doesn't get to the LOS with power because he runs too upright. That would be OK if he has some shiftiness. He doesn't. I see Alfred Blue without the special teams value. And I looked at the Bama back also, and saw the same thing, but a little worse. If the Texans don't get a RB with one of the 3rd round picks, they're wasting their pick.

Also, Notre Dame was an OL factory while Hiestand was there (moved to Bears this offseason). Have to take into account the OL he was running behind. How often did he really create for himself instead of running behind 1st round OL talent?

Texans should select RB, Josh Adams - Notre Dame. Adams had a successful season with the Fighting Irish. He's a big back with plenty of speed and a downhill runner who will hit the hole and go. Adams will be a coaches dream since he soaks up coaching and has a tremendous desire to work hard in order to succeed. He has to work on his blocking but the tangibles I just mentioned should indicate that with proper coaching the Texans could get a steal in this RB.

He's the Foreman replacement and would obviously fill a need.

A real steal at this point in the draft.

There are a lot of solid players left, similar to what the Texans have picked up in this mock. In the 6th round, I'd like to swing for the fences and take a player I think has the most star potential of the players left in this mock.

Daurice Fountain
WR/PR, Northern Iowa

Fountain ran track in the spring, so his reps are limited. But, he comes out of a small school that has produced good players (Kurt Warner, David Johnson, Bryce Paup). They play better competition than you'd think. Think Jacoby Jones with better hands and without the brain farts in Fountain's regard. Very explosive talent that needs harnessing. To me, that's what the 6th round is for...taking a chance to be great.

2017 Highlights

Absolutely love this pick.

If the draft were to fall this way I would draft Josh Adams but before I did I would be looking to work out a trade with the other 6th rders to move up and pick Fountain. This guy has the potential to be a stud WR is the Devonte Adams mode.

If I walked out of the 6th rd with

1. Adams
2. Fountain

I would be so happy that this regime knows what they are doing.

Daurice Fountain
WR/PR, Northern Iowa

2017 Highlights
I vote for this one. We need more playmakers.

With the 5th pick of RD6 and 179th overall, the New York Jets select:

WR, Marquez Valdes-Scantling - South Florida / 6-4 @ 206 lbs / 4.37-40 / Nice big target with speed.

OK, it's a small font. But they did get the full name on the jersey. It can be done.

Screenshot-2015-01-07-16.16.20-607x505.png

2 more characters than "HOUSHMANDZADEH".

tj_houshmandzadeh_090416_TOP.jpg

Regarding @edromeo selections, I think we should skip for now. I have exhausted the list from last week and he hasn't responded to any PMs.

6th Round

8 (182). Arizona Cardinalsfrom Denver Broncos - edromeo - skipped
9 (183). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Miami Dolphins - @bah007 - on the clock
10 (184). San Francisco 49ers - @bah007
11 (185). Oakland Raiders - Lucky -
12 (186). Green Bay Packers - FuzzyLogic - Have pick via PM
13 (187). Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals - TheRealJoker - Have pick via PM
14 (188). Washington Redskins - edromeo - skipped
15 (189). New Orleans Saintsfrom Arizona Cardinals - FuzzyLogic - Have pick via PM

At #183, the Rams select Justin Jones - DT, North Carolina St.

At #184, the 49ers select Marcell Ateman - WR, Oklahoma St.

6th Round Selections:

11 (185). Oakland Raiders - Lucky - Daniel Carlson - K, Auburn
12 (186). Green Bay Packers - FuzzyLogic - Sean Welsh - G, Iowa
13 (187). Buffalo Bills from Cincinnati Bengals - TheRealJoker - Richie James - WR, Middle Tennessee State
14 (188). Washington Redskins - edromeo - skipped
15 (189). New Orleans Saintsfrom Arizona Cardinals - FuzzyLogic - Marcus Allen - S, Penn State

6th Round upcoming picks:
16 (190). Baltimore Ravens - @WolverineFan - on the clock
17 (191). Los Angeles Chargers - austin23 - may have pick
18 (192). Dallas Cowboysfrom Oakland Raiders through Seattle Seahawks - @steelbtexan - have pick
19 (193). Dallas Cowboys - steelbtexan - have pick
20 (194). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Detroit Lions - @bah007 -have pick
21 (195). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Buffalo Bills - bah007 - have pick
22 (196). Kansas City Chiefs - WolverineFan

Last edited:
If this helps, the Browns and Redskins swapped spots in a trade. The Browns are now picking #14 and the Redskins are picking #31 in RD6. Do you want to update the list?

6th Round Selections:

17 (191). Los Angeles Chargers - austin23 - J'Mon Moore - WR, Missouri
18 (192). Dallas Cowboysfrom Oakland Raiders through Seattle Seahawks - @steelbtexan - Jeff Holland - Edge, Auburn
19 (193). Dallas Cowboys - steelbtexan - Martez Carter - RB, Grambling
20 (194). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Detroit Lions - @bah007 -Jordan Wilkins - RB, Mississippi
21 (195). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Buffalo Bills - bah007 - Dylan Cantrell - WR, Texas Tech

6th Round Selections:

17 (191). Los Angeles Chargers - austin23 - J'Mon Moore - WR, Missouri
18 (192). Dallas Cowboysfrom Oakland Raiders through Seattle Seahawks - @steelbtexan - Jeff Holland - Edge, Auburn
19 (193). Dallas Cowboys - steelbtexan - Martez Carter - RB, Grambling
20 (194). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Detroit Lions - @bah007 -Jordan Wilkins - RB, Mississippi
21 (195). Los Angeles Ramsfrom Buffalo Bills - bah007 - Dylan Cantrell - WR, Texas Tech

I had PMed my pick of Deon Cain - WR Clemson. I looked thru list three times and didn’t see him. If I did I apologize. If you don’t want to change my pick that’s ok too, but I had the pick in...

I had PMed my pick of Deon Cain - WR Clemson. I looked thru list three times and didn’t see him. If I did I apologize. If you don’t want to change my pick that’s ok too, but I had the pick in...
Cain was off the board in the 2nd Round. Gave you the best WR on the board.

Sunuvabitxh, never mind. Was working midnights and was cross eyed. Carry on, I saw him gone. I’m good....nothing to see here

With the 14th pick (via Washington) of RD6 and 188th overall, the Cleveland Browns select:

DT, Christian LaCouture / 6-4 @ 290 lbs / DL who can multiple positions along the DL. Has some work to do but could help in the rotation right away.

Last edited:
Houston Texans Group Selections (thus far):
3rd Round
4 (68). Houston Texans - Group - Jessie Bates - S, Wake Forest
16 (80). Houston Texans from Seattle Seahawks - Group - Chuks Okorafor, OT - Western Michigan
34 (98). Houston Texans(Compensatory) - Group - Dalton Schultz, TE - Stanford
4th Round

3 (103). Houston Texans - Group - Joseph Noteboom, OT - TCU
6th Round

3 (177). Houston Texans - Group - Daurice Fountain - WR/PR, Northern Iowa

With the 14th pick (via Washington) of RD6 and 188th overall, the Cleveland Browns select:

DT, Folorunso Fatukasi - Connecticut / 6-4 @ 318 lbs / Big body DL who can multiple positions along the DL. Has some work to do but could help in the rotation right away.
Taken by the Packers
33 (133). Green Bay Packers(Compensatory) - FuzzyLogic - Folorunso Fatukasi, DT - Connecticut

Typically there are 3 or 4 backs I really like that go in the late rounds or undrafted. This year I don't really like any. Sucks because that is what I would really like to see the Texans pick next. Some decent 3-4 OLB depth prospects still on the board.

Looks like Denver and Buffalo’s picks are done. If y’all need me to take over any other teams i’ll be happy to get players that will add much needed depth/competition to your roster.

The Cleveland Browns are finished with the 2018 NFL Draft:

RD1-01-001: RB- Saquon Barkley- Penn State / 6-0 @ 233 lbs

RD1-04-004: LT- Mike McGlinchey- Notre Dame / 6-8 @ 309 lbs

RD2-01-033: CB- Jaire Alexander- Louisville / 5-10 @ 196 lbs

RD2-03-035: QB- Mason Rudolph- Oklahoma State / 6-5 @ 235 lbs

RD2-32-064: WR- Auden Tate- Florida State / 6-5 @ 228 lbs

RD4-14-114: FS/SS- DeShon Elliott- Texas / 6-1 @ 210 lbs

RD5-13-150: CB/SS- Tracy Walker- Louisiana-Lafayette / 6-1 @ 206 lbs

RD6-01-175: TE- Ryan Izzo- Florida State / 6-5 @ 256 lbs

RD6-14-188: DT- Christian LaCouture- LSU / 6-4 @ 290 lbs

If I were a Cleveland fan, this would be a draft I could get excited about.

Last edited:
Looks like Denver and Buffalo’s picks are done. If y’all need me to take over any other teams i’ll be happy to get players that will add much needed depth/competition to your roster.
Maybe Tampa Bay and Arizona? Haven't heard from @edromeo in awhile.

6th Round impending picks:
23 (197). Carolina Panthers - @Zach - been on the clock for 2 hours, skipping
24 (198). New England Patriots from Los Angeles Rams - @banned1976 - on the clock
25 (199). Tennessee Titans - @kiwitexansfan - on deck
26 (200). Atlanta Falcons - @Texansphan
27 (201). New Orleans Saints - FuzzyLogic - have pick
28 (202). Tampa Bay Buccaneers from Pittsburgh Steelers - TheRealTexan -have pick
29 (203). Jacksonville Jaguars - @kiwitexansfan
30 (204). Minnesota Vikings - @banned1976
31 (205). Washington Redskins from New England Patriots - TheRealTexan -have pick
32 (206). Philadelphia Eagles - @beerlover

So many good prospects left. 5th-6th rounds. I'm telling you, this is where you want to be to get those lottery tickets that pay off in 2019.
It is a surprisingly deep draft. Fortunately for Texans.
Houston Texans Group Selections (thus far):
3rd Round
4 (68). Houston Texans - Group - Jessie Bates - S, Wake Forest
16 (80). Houston Texans from Seattle Seahawks - Group - Chuks Okorafor, OT - Western Michigan
34 (98). Houston Texans(Compensatory) - Group - Dalton Schultz, TE - Stanford
4th Round

3 (103). Houston Texans - Group - Joseph Noteboom, OT - TCU
6th Round

3 (177). Houston Texans - Group - Daurice Fountain - WR/PR, Northern Iowa
Man, if we can score Okorafor AND Noteboom, our OL problems might be solved.
Noteboom's stock is rising so fast, some experts are saying he will go in the mid to late 2nd. :(

So New England is on the clock and they will take DT R.J. McIntosh with the 198th pick. I had to keep looking and searching for his name in the results thread and to my amazement he was still available.

Last edited:
Titans pick Chase Litton QB Marshall

Position: Quarterback

Height/Weight: 6’6”, 232 pounds

Combine Measurements/Stats: 4.9-second 40-yard dash, 29.5-inch vertical jump, 106-inch broad jump, 7.49-second three-cone drill, 4.53-second 20-yard shuttle run

College Stats: 728 completions on 1128 attempts, 8335 passing yards, 72 passing touchdowns, 31 interceptions, 7.0 passing yards per attempt, 133.9 QB rating.

Litton had a productive three years on the field at Marshall after originally committing to USF back in 2013. He took a gray shirt his first year on campus but quickly became the starter in Marshall’s second game of 2015. Litton threw for 2,605 yards and 23 touchdowns that season and set a new Marshall freshman record in both categories. The Winter Park, Florida product only missed two games after that season due to injury and led the Herd to wins in the 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl and the 2017 New Mexico Bowl. Now, he hopes that his body of work will get him a spot on an NFL roster.

Pros:

Litton’s a big guy. Being 6’6” allows him to be able to stand comfortably in the pocket and see more of the field than smaller quarterbacks. He has that fearless mentality when it comes to throwing the ball, which served him well playing behind one of the best offensive lines in college football last season. His deep ball is usually pretty nice and he’ll take that shot if he thinks he has it.

Cons:

He’s got a few notable off-the-field incidents to his name, which could affect how some scouts and GMs see him. He’s also not all that mobile and he has that Brett Favre factor to him. By that, I mean a lot of his throws are either home runs or easy interceptions. The overall accuracy is going to have to improve if he wants to last all that long in the NFL.

Stole this from Texansballer74’s nomination for the last Texans pick :)

Back