Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2018 TT Mock Draft Selection Thread

With the 7th pick of RD4, the NY Jets select:

RT, Will Richardson - North Carolina St. / 6-6 @ 322 lbs / Jets make a move to solidify OL in order to afford Josh Rosen best chance for success.

Clock has expired. Via PM, Oakland has selected:

Tremon Smith, CB - Central Arkansas

tremon1.jpg

Edit by Lucky:

Small college corner with big time potential. Loves to press, even against bigger receivers. Can turn and run with anyone. Has excellent tracking and ball skills (15 career INTs). Very good punt returner who can bring value on special teams immediately. Negatives are arm tackling and coming up to force run, though showed improvement in Senior year. Had very good game versus Marcell Ateman (6'4" OSU receiver) as a soph and picked off Mason Rudolph.

Last edited by a moderator:
With pick #111, the Los Angeles Rams select:

Uchenna Nwosu - OLB, USC

uchenna-nwosu.jpg

The Rams have solidified the DL and the secondary in the off-season. Now, we are trying to acquire weapons at LB for Wade's defense. We snatched up a pure pass rusher to start at the JACK position with our first pick. Now we are aiming to find a versatile SAM backer for the other side. Nwosu was a tweener without a position until he broke out his senior year. He's still developing as a pass rusher. He's a unique player, as he finished 3rd in the Pac-12 in Sacks and also 2nd in Passes Defended. That is not a common combination of skills.

Cincinnati select Matthew Thomas LB FSU

• FloridaState_logo.gif
    Matthew Thomas*, ILB, Florida State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 227. Arm: 33.
    40 Time: 4.58.
    Projected Round (2018): 4-6.
    3/25/18: Thomas is a fast and athletic linebacker who has a good skill set, but teams evaluators have said they are grading Thomas on the third day of the 2018 NFL Draft because of a lack of instincts and awareness. In 2017, Thomas totaled 85 tackles with two passes batted, two sacks and an interception. The senior has a good athletic skill set and probably could help himself in pre-draft workouts, but his 2017 tape didn't impress evaluators. He had another year of eligibility, but decided to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

9/1/17: Team sources say that Thomas has a first-round skill set and a lot of upside to develop. In 2016, he totaled 77 tackles with 11 tackles for loss, two passes batted and one forced fumble.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018ILB.php#ixzz5DEYrRRII

Pick #113 Denver gets the BPA and much needed insurance for Derek Wolfe’s health and Adam Gotsis pending legal trouble (arrested on alleged rape charges last month). Denver selects PJ Hall DT Sam Houston State!

With the 14th pick of RD4 the Cleveland Browns select:

S (FS/SS) DeShon Elliott - Texas / 6-2 @ 210 lbs.

Chicago Bears select Da'Shawn Hand - DE, Alabama

Bears need a prototypical 3-4 DE. I have concerns about Hands production at Alabama but his prototypical size and mearurables are to hard to pass up at this point of the draft.

Chicago Bears select Da'Shawn Hand - DE, Alabama

Bears need a prototypical 3-4 DE. I have concerns about Hands production at Alabama but his prototypical size and mearurables are to hard to pass up at this point of the draft.
Nicely done.
That's a great pick up at this point of the draft.

I've got the Bills pick locked and loaded but 4 teams between us. Might as well be 100 :(

I've got the Ravens and Chargers picks.

I think it's time to break the rules and do a group pick, so that we can keep this thing moving. If Zach wants to change the pick when he gets back online then he can change it. We are never going to come close to finishing unless we do this.

Detroit could use a backup QB- Mike White, DE- Kemoto Turay, CB J.C. Jackson

I would vote for Jackson

I've got the Ravens and Chargers picks.

I think it's time to break the rules and do a group pick, so that we can keep this thing moving. If Zach wants to change the pick when he gets back online then he can change it. We are never going to come close to finishing unless we do this.
I don't think a group pick is necessary. We can jump his pick and I can PM @Zach that his pick is due.

Go ahead and make the next two picks, and I'll let PM @bah007.

Buffalo selects BJ Hill DT NC State

DT position is thin on roster. Hill is an excellent value here who will rotate in on pass rushing downs early and eventually take over for Kyle Williams as the year progresses or next year when he probably retires.

Check the results thread before you make your pick.

Daniels is a 1st rd talent that fell to the 2nd.

Most likely guys like that aren't available in the middle of the 4th rd.
Not like he's the 1st GM to draft someone off the board.

Reactions: JB
Back