Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2018 TT Mock Draft Selection Thread

There's going to be a first round offensive lineman that busts and a 6th round that succeeds. My stance is the middle-late rounds are the best opportunity to stack the deck unless a particular player shows up. This year it's offensive linemen, and we're loaded with middle-late round picks. We don't have a certain starter going into camp. That also means our depth is completely fubar. My vote would be drafting the highest rated (or most voted) offensive lineman - repeatedly.

And please, no more scat-back/receiver-returners ... rookie and veteran can both be had in free agency before camp. Likewise, look more towards the big backs in UFA that got passed over - Foster and Blount come to mind. Use the last picks on the secondary where gunners, returners and an accidental studs can show up.

Last edited:
Apologies for the delay - a little bit of a personal emergency going on, not sure how much longer it will last so I'll be sure to send some picks in via PM.

With the 101st pick the Packers select:

TONY BROWN
ALABAMA
CB

A running back like Walton would help Watson just as much as offensive lineman. He’s quick to recognize the blitz, improves Texans running attack, and can fill multiple roles. Don’t devalue RB position or this class. Immediate impact player. Watson and Walton in space would be dynamic.

There's going to be a first round offensive lineman that busts and a 6th round that succeeds. My stance is the middle-late rounds are the best opportunity to stack the deck unless a particular player shows up. This year it's offensive linemen, and we're loaded with middle-late round picks. We don't have a certain starter going into camp. That also means our depth is completely fubar. My vote would be drafting the highest rated (or most voted) offensive lineman - repeatedly.

And please, no more scat-back/receiver-returners ... rookie and veteran can both be had in free agency before camp. Likewise, look more towards the big backs in UFA that got passed over - Foster and Blount come to mind. Use the last picks on the secondary where gunners, returners and an accidental studs can show up.

I too would keep building the trenches; priority to OL and then DL. Sadly I'm not knowledgeable enough of the players this deep into the draft.

PJ Hall was impressive all week during Senior Bowl and game itself. High motor, good array of moves and pretty explosive. Would have no problem with Texans selecting him here in the 4th. Or if some still prefer OL lets not forget Brett Toth, OT Army. Will not be available for two years but when he finishes that commitment you could plug and play him immediately anywhere on the OL, but think he could be a franchise LT?

So are the Texans on the clock? Since what time?

We have 2 nominated, Hall and Walton? Can the voters confirm this, vote for one player that’s available only, and we can cut it off at 5pm?

Uchena Nwosu Edge USC - @edromeo
PJ Hall DT Sam Houston State - @TheRealJoker
Mark Walton RB Miami - @beerlover
Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech - @Lucky

Please either make one nomination (which also indicates vote) or one vote for an existing player. Hard to believe we kept this going for 4 votes.

PJ Hall DT Sam Houston State - @TheRealJoker
Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech - @Lucky

Please either make one nomination (which also indicates vote) or one vote for an existing player. Hard to believe we kept this going for 4 votes.
All four have merits, but gun to my head, Hall.
Another genuine disruptor on this line will put the fear of god into any QB. The versatility and depth of this line will put it over the top and heal a lot of problems in the secondary.
Romeo Crennel would be licking his chops.

Last edited:
Really, 2 years out of football and he'll be plug and play?

Amazing dude. Reminds me of Joe Thomas. He could start for plenty of teams, certainly Texans, not like he stips training the whole freaking time, improving technique and strength. Would be first round pick if he waits, which would be my recommendation.

PJ Hall DT Sam Houston State - @TheRealJoker, @kiwitexansfan, @Texansphan
Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech - @Lucky, @bah007
Joseph Noteboom OT TCU - @steelbtexan, @infantrycak
Duke Ejiofor Edge Wake Forest - @WolverineFan
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Edge Oklahoma - @gs27

Is this correct? Those who have yet to get in include:
@OptimisticTexan
@FuzzyLogic
@Texansballer74
@santo
@banned1976
@austins23
@Zach

Possibly others. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

PJ Hall DT Sam Houston State - @TheRealJoker, @kiwitexansfan, @Texansphan
Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech - @Lucky, @bah007
Joseph Noteboom OT TCU - @steelbtexan, @infantrycak
Duke Ejiofor Edge Wake Forest - @WolverineFan
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Edge Oklahoma - @gs27

Is this correct? Those who have yet to get in include:
@OptimisticTexan
@FuzzyLogic
@Texansballer74
@santo
@banned1976
@austins23
@Zach

Possibly others. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

I'm going with Uchena Nwosu Edge USC - .

Uchena Nwosu Edge USC - (2) @edromeo, @Texansballer74
PJ Hall DT Sam Houston State - (3) @TheRealJoker, @kiwitexansfan, @Texansphan
Mark Walton RB Miami - (1) @beerlover
Keke Coutee WR Texas Tech - (2) @Lucky, @bah007
Joseph Noteboom OT TCU - (4) @steelbtexan, @infantrycak, @FuzzyLogic, @santo
Duke Ejiofor Edge Wake Forest - (1) @WolverineFan
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Edge Oklahoma - (1) @gs27

With pick #103, the Houston Texans select: Joseph Noteboom, OT - TCU

0,,~16339172,00.jpeg

sad

not surprising this thing has gone in the sh!tter

Made it to Texans 4th so let’s discuss picks.

3rd Round

4 (68). - Jessie Bates - S, Wake Forest

16 (80). (Via Hawks Duane Brown) - Chuks Okorafor, OT - Western Michigan

34 (98). (Compensatory) - Dalton Schultz, TE - Stanford

4th Round

3 (103). - Joseph Noteboom, OT - TCU

Last edited:

3rd Round

4th Round

Definitely a better team now than predraft. True centerfielder at safety, good OL prospects that fulfill Gaine’s bigger, longer, stronger offseason narrative and maybe the best Y TE in the draft!

Texansballer74 is asleep. gs27 has
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge - Oklahoma as his next pick for the Bears.

3rd Round

4th Round

Bates- I've wanted a rangy CF type S since this franchises inception. Putting Bates/a healthy Mathieu together would give the Texans the best pair of S that they've ever had.

Okoafor- This guy has the talent to be a starting LT someday. He's not ready for that right now. But with training/coaching, if he's receptive to coaching he can be really good. He needs to improve his punch (Strength training, work out with JJ) and fine tune his foot work just a little and you have your starting LT.

Schultz- was mainly used as a blocker, but has good hands. He has more speed to get down the seam than he's being given credit for. I think he could develop into a poor man's Heath Miller type guy.

Noteboom- Smart, takes great angles and I think he can start day 1. He's got to improve his agressiveness but should be able to play a serviceable LT. He also has position versatility which all OL coaches love. Noteboom doesn't have the ceiling of Okorafor. IMHO But he's going to be a starter on a NFL OL for along time. His floor is Marshall Newhouse and his ceiling is David Bahktiari. IMHO

Looks like OptimisticTexan ant the Jets are on the clock. He’s in Italy so not sure when he’ll be online.

Back