Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Mock Draft thread - 2023

That's a lot of writing while forgetting the Texans fired Lovie one week later.

Buzbee? Massages? Redheads? :idonno:

I guess you thought you were on a roll.

giphy.gif

It is so hard, like putting candy in front of a diabetic, not to trade down, however will address TE via free agency Dalton Schultz. But first, played Devil's Advocate aka Lovie Smith as Bears GM who masterminded da Bears, rebuild -
1677461853920.png

Then to onto the Texans -
1677462041158.png

It is so hard, like putting candy in front of a diabetic, not to trade down, however will address TE via free agency Dalton Schultz. But first, played Devil's Advocate aka Lovie Smith as Bears GM who masterminded da Bears, rebuild -
View attachment 11703

Then to onto the Texans -
View attachment 11704
Funny, all low grades are some of my favorite prospects who will be stretch come draft day? PFF will adjust grades post combine, but custom mode lets you balance between their board and public opinion. To be fair as possible, make board, need and positional value 50/50 straight down the middle.

No trade mock on PFF messing around with taking Will Anderson at 2 and letting board fall where it may. Really like how this draft panned out. Got the toolsy QB at 12 and a lot of targets that can fit with his downfield skillset. Offense-centric draft hoping to fill the holes in FA at LB and OC in particular. DL gets an injection of youth with a premier talent in Anderson to be the Bosa and Roy being a quality member of the DT rotation.

1.2: Will Anderson DE Alabama
1.12: Will Levis QB Kentucky
2.33: Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State
3.65: Tank Dell WR UH
3.73: Devon Achane RB TX A&M
4.104: Jacquelin Roy DT LSU
5.138: Michael Wilson WR Stanford
6.179: Juice Scruggs C Penn St.
6.188: Chandler Zavala G NC St.
6.201: Trey Dean S Florida
6.203: Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan
7.239: Dee Winters LB TCU

I'm standing by my hope/belief that the Texans will pass on the top four QB's this year & instead, focus on building a strong foundation by retooling the IOL & the front seven on the defense. If the draft falls like this mock (it won't), they could immediately utilize the strength of Demeco by completely retooling the defense. All that, while fixing the IOL & drafting a QB for the future. We're in the second year where we're actually adding pieces for the future & if we do it right, this team could be great for years to come. But, if we let the media push us into drafting a QB that we can't protect yet, then all the Texans will ever be, is mediocre. You have to pour a solid foundation before you build the house, or it could all come tumbling down. Oh, and we picked up another 1st round pick for next year. Three first round picks should help us trade up into the top 5-10 next year, if need be.

Tyree Wilson
    EDGE Texas Tech

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas

Tuli Tuipulotu
    EDGE USC

Hendon Hooker
    QB Tennessee

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Adetomiwa Adebawore
    EDGE Northwestern

Sam LaPorta
    TE Iowa

Jonathan Mingo
    WR Ole Miss

PJ Mustipher
    DT Penn State

Atonio Mafi
    OG UCLA

Lew Nichols III
    RB Central Michigan

• 2024 MIN 1st
  • 2024 MIN 2nd

I'm standing by my hope/belief that the Texans will pass on the top four QB's this year & instead, focus on building a strong foundation by retooling the IOL & the front seven on the defense. If the draft falls like this mock (it won't), they could immediately utilize the strength of Demeco by completely retooling the defense. All that, while fixing the IOL & drafting a QB for the future. We're in the second year where we're actually adding pieces for the future & if we do it right, this team could be great for years to come. But, if we let the media push us into drafting a QB that we can't protect yet, then all the Texans will ever be, is mediocre. You have to pour a solid foundation before you build the house, or it could all come tumbling down. Oh, and we picked up another 1st round pick for next year. Three first round picks should help us trade up into the top 5-10 next year, if need be.

Tyree Wilson
    EDGE Texas Tech

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida

Drew Sanders
    LB Arkansas

Tuli Tuipulotu
    EDGE USC

Hendon Hooker
    QB Tennessee

John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Adetomiwa Adebawore
    EDGE Northwestern

Sam LaPorta
    TE Iowa

Jonathan Mingo
    WR Ole Miss

PJ Mustipher
    DT Penn State

Atonio Mafi
    OG UCLA

Lew Nichols III
    RB Central Michigan

• 2024 MIN 1st
  • 2024 MIN 2nd
The Bears own #9... I don't think they are going to give up their haul to trade back up to #2

My "we don't need no stinkin' QB" mock. :corrosion:

Will Anderson Jr.
    EDGE Alabama

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    trade icon
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Tuli Tuipulotu
    EDGE USC
    trade icon
    Andre Carter II
    EDGE Army

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State

PJ Mustipher
    DT Penn State

Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

Camerun Peoples
    RB Appalachian State

Atonio Mafi
    OG UCLA

Karl Brooks
    DT Bowling Green

My "we don't need no stinkin' QB" mock. :corrosion:

Will Anderson Jr.
    EDGE Alabama

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    trade icon
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

Tuli Tuipulotu
    EDGE USC
    trade icon
    Andre Carter II
    EDGE Army

Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

Will McDonald IV
    EDGE Iowa State

PJ Mustipher
    DT Penn State

Andrei Iosivas
    WR Princeton

Camerun Peoples
    RB Appalachian State

Atonio Mafi
    OG UCLA

Karl Brooks
    DT Bowling Green

I like your no stinkin QB mock. Of course it does leave the question as to who the QB will be. Another year of Mills and this board will go up in smoke. (and not the good kinda smoke)

Tried a PFF Mock Draft after the Combine. I was in Houston for 3 weeks and just got back to Paris yesterday.

1678896274934.png

Not too disappointed, but the grading was horrible on some picks. I saw the simulator making picks that were 15-25 picks further back. Made no sense other than it was taking players I’ve picked multiple times in other mocks…..so I had to jump the gun on some picks for fear they could be picked way earlier than projected.

Envisioning ways the Texans can take Will Anderson and still get a QB. We all seem to like Hooker but that’s a tough sell since he’s not a day one starter like Young or Stroud and public outcry would be deafening.

But what if a guy like Stroud or Young drops and the team trades up from 12 with the Lions at 6 to get a QB.

I could see Panthers taking Stroud or Young and Colts taking Richardson, leading Stroud or Young to drop to 6. Implausible scenario but that’s what these mock drafts are for!

In that case trade value chart should net 6 for pick 12, 65, 104 and a 2024 3rd.

The team gets their premiere edge rusher and QB while still having day 2 picks to add a TE/center to support the young QB!

Example:

1.2 Anderson
1.6 Young
2.33 Musgrave
3.73 Wypler

Yes, this is a long winded way of saying I really want Will Anderson and will do mental gymnastics to get him!

Envisioning ways the Texans can take Will Anderson and still get a QB. We all seem to like Hooker but that’s a tough sell since he’s not a day one starter like Young or Stroud and public outcry would be deafening.

But what if a guy like Stroud or Young drops and the team trades up from 12 with the Lions at 6 to get a QB.

I could see Panthers taking Stroud or Young and Colts taking Richardson, leading Stroud or Young to drop to 6. Implausible scenario but that’s what these mock drafts are for!

In that case trade value chart should net 6 for pick 12, 65, 104 and a 2024 3rd.

The team gets their premiere edge rusher and QB while still having day 2 picks to add a TE/center to support the young QB!

Example:

1.2 Anderson
1.6 Young
2.33 Musgrave
3.73 Wypler

Yes, this is a long winded way of saying I really want Will Anderson and will do mental gymnastics to get him!
I did a mock by trading with the Cardinals to take Stroud. Having him and Anderson would be a dream come true.

I
Tried a PFF Mock Draft after the Combine. I was in Houston for 3 weeks and just got back to Paris yesterday.

View attachment 11797

Not too disappointed, but the grading was horrible on some picks. I saw the simulator making picks that were 15-25 picks further back. Made no sense other than it was taking players I’ve picked multiple times in other mocks…..so I had to jump the gun on some picks for fear they could be picked way earlier than projected.
I have offered your first three trades and think doable for all teams. 4th trade giving up 17 makes me hesitate but would probably go with as i love rounds two and three.

Example:

1.2 Anderson
1.6 Young
2.33 Musgrave
3.73 Wypler

Let Drew Sanders be your Anderson with Foskey or Tuipulotu as your QB wrecker next to him.

Overall, I like how this one turned out. I'm hoping Harrison can take over for Howard (don't want to pay a hefty price for an above average RT). I like the cluster of TE, WRs, and RB talent I was able to get in rounds 2-4:

download (1).png

Last edited:
Back