Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Looks like Texans added a young athlete vs the vet Carter for camp competition. Frank Ross is probably excited to add these measurables to ST compet

If Swenson would have gone to the NFL combine he would have ranked 1st in vertical and broad jump. 2nd in 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone.

As a converted DB, he could possibly become our reliable cover LB which we have been looking for for years.

I had a half day road trip today, and listened to 610 (that was a mistake). During the morning and afternoon sessions, there was nonstop criticisms by them (including taped rants by McClain) about the fact Dell, but most importantly Stroud were not allowed to speak to the media during minicamp. Their main accusation is that Casserio had brought "the Patriots way" to the Texans.

Just a couple of thoughts crossed my mind listening to the 610 jokers.

Not once was there anything brought up about David Canter (Dell's agent) being under investigation for illegal inducement offered to GMs in return for the GM drafting his clients. Whether that was the case with Canter and Caserio (which I would seriously doubt), it would be understandable that the Texans wouldn't want Dell to be interviewed/questioned and have his answers twisted in such a way to promote controversy.

Now why then not allow Stroud to speak. Well, with his previous statement making it a point to say that he specifically went to Caserio asking him to draft Dell, that could easily open up Stroud to questions if the media believed that this was only half the story..........again media twisting words insinuating there potentially being something nefarious going on with Caserio and Canter, with Stroud (totally innocent) being used as a cover. I believe the above scenarios are highly unlikely. But just one innocent mispeak by either Dell or Stroud, and the media would gladly open a can of worms on the Texans. The Texans could be waiting just a little while until more information on the Canter incidents allow for the Texans to essentially be exonerated early from any such potential implications, thus avoiding undue unnecessary interview stress on either young man.
I thought the same thing when I heard about Canter. I don’t even listen to the afternoon crew at all. Hughley is pathetic..imo. Don’t care to hear mama Stoerner either on a so called sports talk show..

I'd say it's more about the QB than the HC. There are plenty of defensive minded HCs who've had young QBs come in and develop just fine from Shula to Belichick to Cowher to Parcells to Carroll etc.

I've said before I think that defensive HCs generally have better clock management and take less risks than offensive ones, and that's part of Smith's argument (although re-stated), but I'm not worried about Demeco developing Stroud. I'm worried about Slowik developing Stroud.

I'd say it's more about the QB than the HC. There are plenty of defensive minded HCs who've had young QBs come in and develop just fine from Shula to Belichick to Cowher to Parcells to Carroll etc.

I've said before I think that defensive HCs generally have better clock management and take less risks than offensive ones, and that's part of Smith's argument (although re-stated), but I'm not worried about Demeco developing Stroud. I'm worried about Slowik developing Stroud.
You can only develop a QB so much. A QB has to be smart enough to take what he's learned and take that to the field. He's gotta learn to succeed when the live bullets are coming at him and think quickly on his feet. Not excuses

It is beginning to look like Laremy Tunsil, Titus Howard and Shaq Mason's contracts will all expire when JC Stroud is in his fourth and probable negotiating year.
Hmm.

The more I look at it, the uglier it gets. It literally looks like something a 6 year old, who probably fell back a grade, might design.

Can I get half of Toro's face in blue across the jersey? Pick the rest of your colors but no white "jv" helmets.

How do you fail a grade at 6?.. 🤔 I guess the little bastard couldn't cut and paste 😁

The more I look at it, the uglier it gets. It literally looks like something a 6 year old, who probably fell back a grade, might design.

Can I get half of Toro's face in blue across the jersey? Pick the rest of your colors but no white "jv" helmets.

I know this opinion is dangerously close to "varsity jacket" territory, but I always thought the merit / accomplishment stickers some universities award players was cool as f. I'm picturing Desmond Howard's Michigan helmet for some reason and it's absolutely laced with them.

Maybe the nfl doesn't allow that kinda thing?

ncf_g_buckeye_sticker_300.jpg

I know this opinion is dangerously close to "varsity jacket" territory, but I always thought the merit / accomplishment stickers some universities award players was cool as f. I'm picturing Desmond Howard's Michigan helmet for some reason and it's absolutely laced with them.

Maybe the nfl doesn't allow that kinda thing?

ncf_g_buckeye_sticker_300.jpg
They allow you to interchange your team name with political messages :kitten:

It would be nice......................nice for Jadeveon Clowney.

***************************************************************************************************
PFT
Jadeveon Clowney: It would be nice to return to Texans
Posted by Josh Alper on May 21, 2023, 11:24 AM EDT

Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney wouldn’t mind going back to where he started.

The Texans made Clowney the first overall pick of the 2014 draft and he spent his first five seasons in Houston before moving on to the Seahawks, Titans, and Browns. His Browns stint ended with him on the inactive list after he was sent home from the team’s facility before their final game of the year following complaints about his role and Clowney has not signed anywhere for the 2023 season.

Clowney still lives and trains in Houston and said in an interview with Mark Berman of Fox 26 in Houston that he’s a fan of new Texans head coach DeMeco Ryans as well as the moves that the team has made this offseason. He said his agent has spoken with the team and that he would be interested in a return engagement, although there’s no indication at this point that the feeling is mutual.

“It would be nice. My family is here. Friends here. The guys I work out with can help me take care of my body a lot better being right up under them,” Clowney said.

Clowney said he feels he has “a lot” left in his tank and that he will “show up and show out” once he finds a place to play, although he added that he has no timetable in place for landing a deal in Houston or anywhere else.

REMINDER

During the third phase of the Texans' offseason program, they finally hold organized team activities, which will be held May 22-23, May 25, May 30-31, June 2, June 5-6, and June 8. During these sessions, which are the next four weeks of the offseason program, the Texans have 10 days of OTAs.

Ten days out of the next 4 weeks.............now that's a grueling schedule..............and without contact. That with the mostly non contact during TC and into the regular season.............no wonder players, especially rookies, seem so unprepared for the regular season games.

Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney is looking for a place to land in free agency, and where could be better than the team that started it all?

The 30-year-old pass-rusher was the Houston Texans' No. 1 overall pick in 2014. He spent five years with the team, notching 29 sacks and three Pro Bowl selections. He was then traded to Seattle ahead of the 2019 season. After one season there, he joined the Tennessee Titans in 2020. Clowney was signed by the Cleveland Browns in 2021, then cut in March after complaints about his role.

Now, his representatives have spoken with the Texans this offseason, and he hopes for an opportunity, he told Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston.
***https://sports.yahoo.com/free-agent...gTNIlN5xmzJHFTRQYOdUq5RbZG5ZsvtEhja2OLsEnPQ73
I know C&D won't admit it but I will - I get real excited when I think there might be a chance Jadeveon would pull on that #90 one more time here in H-town !

REMINDER

During the third phase of the Texans' offseason program, they finally hold organized team activities, which will be held May 22-23, May 25, May 30-31, June 2, June 5-6, and June 8. During these sessions, which are the next four weeks of the offseason program, the Texans have 10 days of OTAs.

Ten days out of the next 4 weeks.............now that's a grueling schedule..............and without contact. That with the mostly non contact during TC and into the regular season.............no wonder players, especially rookies, seem so unprepared for the regular season games.
Neither the NFL or NFLPA care about the game.

Defensive end Jadeveon Clowney is looking for a place to land in free agency, and where could be better than the team that started it all?

The 30-year-old pass-rusher was the Houston Texans' No. 1 overall pick in 2014. He spent five years with the team, notching 29 sacks and three Pro Bowl selections. He was then traded to Seattle ahead of the 2019 season. After one season there, he joined the Tennessee Titans in 2020. Clowney was signed by the Cleveland Browns in 2021, then cut in March after complaints about his role.

Now, his representatives have spoken with the Texans this offseason, and he hopes for an opportunity, he told Mark Berman of Fox 26 Houston.
***https://sports.yahoo.com/free-agent...gTNIlN5xmzJHFTRQYOdUq5RbZG5ZsvtEhja2OLsEnPQ73
I know C&D won't admit it but I will - I get real excited when I think there might be a chance Jadeveon would pull on that #90 one more time here in H-town !
Why?

He's been stealing money for the last 3 years. Out with the old and in with the new.

Back