Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team will win because of a dynamic QB. OB is going to stick around a few years simply because Watson will keep them competitive.

I'll bet you dinner that Watson has a better 2019 than 2018. Winner picks the place. Better stats are the wager , not w's & L's

If he's able to stay healthy I agree with you. This is his 1st offseason where he hasn't been rehabbing an injury and had had a chance to workout with his wr's

Because of this, I expect V. Smith to really progress this yr.

When you get in town again I would love to treat you to dinner. Give me a call.

If the OL is BOB's excuse again this year, he either can't communicate what he needs to 2 different GM's or he doesn't know what he needs. Either way, if it's the excuse, it's time for BOB to go.
In all fairness, he generally takes the blame during pressers. There is no defense for “it’s not my job” though. That one really rankled me and up to that point I actually liked Bill O’Brien the person. Now I’m indifferent towards him and that allows me to be more objective about Bill O’Brien the coach.

If he's able to stay healthy I agree with you. This is his 1st offseason where he hasn't been rehabbing an injury and had had a chance to workout with his wr's

Because of this, I expect V. Smith to really progress this yr.

When you get in town again I would love to treat you to dinner. Give me a call.
I like to eat, too. And I’m already in town! What luck!

I like to eat, too. And I’m already in town! What luck!
FlashyCheerfulCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif

Bwhahaha so out of 5 years Bill O'Brien started rebuilding the offensive line 2 years ago. In year 6 the rebuild should be completed.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't the rebuild started in year 1 or 2? So in this three year rebuild theory, the offensive line should've been completed. Bwhahaha

All RS"s fault. Despite brand new HCs having almost carte blanche, RS forced Xavier on OB with the 33rd pick.

OB has had 7 OL picks with an avg 3rd round weight. In the similar time period Kubiak had 8 with an avg 4.25 round weight, one of whom (1st of the 3rd) never played (avg goes to 4.43 without). One has a disaster of an OL, the other one of the best.

All RS"s fault. Despite brand new HCs having almost carte blanche, RS forced Xavier on OB with the 33rd pick.

OB has had 7 OL picks with an avg 3rd round weight. In the similar time period Kubiak had 8 with an avg 4.25 round weight, one of whom (1st of the 3rd) never played (avg goes to 4.43 without). One has a disaster of an OL, the other one of the best.
One coach is an offensive guru while the other is merely offensive.

O give BOB more of a break than most around here because he was saddled with RS.

But it's how baby now and so far the results this offseason haven't been promising.
why did this RS "incompetence" not be equally distributed on both sides of the ball? Why is it that the prior HC could get the guys he needed to make that offense work well?
I see it as O'Brien's inability to communicate what he needs. Hell, Gaine thought he was getting the guys O'Brien wanted and it got him fired.
Who is the common denominator in all those 'fail' scenarios?

In my mind O'Brien is smooth out of scapegoats and has been for quite a while.

why did this RS "incompetence" not be equally distributed on both sides of the ball? Why is it that the prior HC could get the guys he needed to make that offense work well?
I see it as O'Brien's inability to communicate what he needs. Hell, Gaine thought he was getting the guys O'Brien wanted and it got him fired.

Exactly.

I know some people can take a grudge to their graves. But good grief what did Rick do to that man, that was so bad, causing him to still hate on him in 2019.

At some point with 5 years of data should point out the obvious. Bill O'Brien and Delvin do not know how to coach up the offensive line for whatever theythe trying to employ. Each year under his regime the line has gotten worse. Last season the communication between that unit was way the bleep off. I seen so many blown assignments throughout that season. How in the world do you leave the nose tackle unblocked? Lol

Last edited:

Look at RS drafts and FA signings/ not re-signing his own guys for your answer.

I think Gaine was fired for non football reasons due to the timing of his firing. Feel free to disagree, nobody really knows

In terms of who is and who isn't gonna be successful in the NFL each year there's only about one thing that's fairly predictably every year - the Patriots are gonna win their division and go deep into the P/Os and very likely return to the SB.

Everything comes to an end, eventually!

I dunno maybe Janice has been the one behind the curtain all along ?

Nobody knows how much influence she's had.

The way the Texans go about acquiring players suggests that whether directly or indirectly she's had quite a bit of influence. Making $$$$ and being Texans Worthy is far more important than putting a winner on the field.

O'Brien was overwhelmed by the injury bug. There is plenty of blame to go to him but the noose was a little less than tight due to those injuries. If those key injuries don't happen this season and the team under performs than O'Brien should be fired for a head coach who is all too happy to relinquish some of the power O'Brien never should have been given.

Nobody knows how much influence she's had.
That's all I'm saying because all of us in these parts are just guessing & speculating about who's at the controls of the Texans organization though Cal is apparently the principal manager ?
As I understand it Janice is the only family member with an equity interest in the Texans but to what extend if any she's involved with management who knows ?

I liked Gaine and his vision about how to build a team, but wasn't he hired because the Texans were in a rush to hire a GM and wouldn't wait for the Pats to be out of the playoffs so they could interview Caserio?

During that time some reports stated Gaines were there guy. Mainly because he was O'brien's boy and he was familiar with what they were doing. Paraphrasing of course. Yes they wanted to interview Caserio as well.

I liked Gaine and his vision about how to build a team, but wasn't he hired because the Texans were in a rush to hire a GM and wouldn't wait for the Pats to be out of the playoffs so they could interview Caserio?

Agreed,

Why do you think they were in a rush? Remember everything that was going on at that time.

O'Brien was overwhelmed by the injury bug. There is plenty of blame to go to him but the noose was a little less than tight due to those injuries. If those key injuries don't happen this season and the team under performs than O'Brien should be fired for a head coach who is all too happy to relinquish some of the power O'Brien never should have been given.

Agreed, but this is yr 2 of a 3 yr rebuild.

Where does that understanding come from? You privy to Bob's will?
Of course I'm not and I suppose I'm guilty of jumping to conclusions because in past reporting on the Texans organizations including charitable activity it was usually
referenced as the Robert and Janice McNair foundation and as Janice was the surviving spouse but I realize Mr McNair could have included others in his will or by gifts during his lifetime which maybe he did.

Of course I'm not and I suppose I'm guilty of jumping to conclusions because in past reporting on the Texans organizations including charitable activity it was usually
referenced as the Robert and Janice McNair foundation and as Janice was the surviving spouse but I realize Mr McNair could have included others in his will or by gifts during his lifetime which maybe he did.

The foundations don't own the team.

Janice McNair is the OWNER of the Houston Texans .. Cal is just supervising.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texans/article/Cal-McNair-groomed-to-run-Texans-13417556.php

Janice McNair, Bob's wife, will be the owner, with Cal McNair, 58, handling the day-to-day operations.

What are saying nope for? There are several reports saying Obrien wanted him as the GM.

Thus the reason why the both of us as well as other members, saying we're going down the same freaking path.

Cletus is taking this org down the same path by not cleaning house.

He's following in his dad's path.

Just like repeating the same thing they did with Carr and are currently doing to Watson.

The Texans dont learn from mistakes they've made in the past and will never win with the McNair's as owners. The corporate model the Texans use hasn't wont work, but it does make them a ton of $$$$ so I dont expect any change at all.

Cletus is taking this org down the same path by not cleaning house.

He's following in his dad's path.

Just like repeating the same thing they did with Carr and are currently doing to Watson.

The Texans dont learn from mistakes they've made in the past and will never win with the McNair's as owners. The corporate model the Texans use hasn't wont work, but it does make them a ton of $$$$ so I dont expect any change at all.

Looks like Cal and Mrs. McNair are shaking things up a bit. Bob never fired his GM after a year and some change of services.

Looks like Cal and Mrs. McNair are shaking things up a bit. Bob never fired his GM after a year and some change of services.
I've pointed that out to SteelB several times but he's unwilling to acknowklege the possibility of a different direction by the organization.
Thing is I think SteelB pines for the now departed Rick Smith who was his go to scapegoat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back