Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill OBrien is like the Donald Trump of NFL coaches. He'll look you dead in the eye and then tell you the biggest lie he can just because he's bored. Dude also said today "I UNEQUIVOCALLY want Jadeveon Clowney here" in a stupid display to somehow dispel the rumor that he was a douchebag to yet another player? Or to somehow regain some leverage in trade talks? This is going to be an implosion of epic proportions - I just hope Deshaun makes it through the transition unscathed.

His wheeling and dealing is going to screw this team. Hopefully he can't get any deals done

And I already know the responses.

"All of these guys suck" followed by next year "nobody could have predicted they would be good"

Its not so much they suck as it is they are either a 30+ year RB or they are not a real improvement over Miller when you compare their value to their price tag. Doesn't help that our O line is, shall we say, untested and unproven right now. I will also grant you that BoB tends to try and use Miller as a power back, which he is not, so unless we got an actual power back I think you'd see the same thing. I wanted Bell but that didn't happen because A) we don't play the Steelers enough and B) he convinced the Jets to overpay so much even they started questioning their offer. I would have also been ok with taking Jacobs at 23 but again didn't happen.

" O’Brien said he’s always been involved in personnel decisions with Texans."

Tweet from Brian Smith earlier.

Can't be. I was told poor poor widdle Bill O'Brien has no say in his players and no responsibility for his quarterbacks and "you try winning with Brian Hoyer!" and all sorts of other excuse-ridden trash and only just by the grace of God was able to get Watson oh wow.

This guy is the ******* worst person ever.

" O’Brien said he’s always been involved in personnel decisions with Texans."

Tweet from Brian Smith earlier.

Can't be. I was told poor poor widdle Bill O'Brien has no say in his players and no responsibility for his quarterbacks and "you try winning with Brian Hoyer!" and all sorts of other excuse-ridden trash and only just by the grace of God was able to get Watson oh wow.

This just cracks me up. Then he was the reason DW4 didnt start week 1, he the reason for OZ etc. I cant stand that this guy thinks were all idiots. Never mind that we dont understand how hard it is to win in this league

Seriously the members of this forum could brach off into different sections and we could run this operation better than these guys

May be the worst coach, but I doubt it... I was around for Hugh Campbell... but you being in California I doubt you ever met the man or have any idea what kind of person he is. Speaks highly of you to cast aspersions like that though

Bill O'Brien winning percentage in the regular season ranks 18th among current NFL HCs.

https://www.footballdb.com/coaches/index.html

Combine that with a 1-3* playoff record, I don't see any reason for anybody to defend him.

Mediocre is a very lenient term to describe him, I'd say.

Fire O'Brien already. :brickwall:

Eh, 3 coaches ahead of him have only one season. You can make data say anything you want it to say. For instance, O’Brien is ranked in the top 10 among current NFL HC’s for playoff appearances and division titles.

May be the worst coach, but I doubt it... I was around for Hugh Campbell... but you being in California I doubt you ever met the man or have any idea what kind of person he is. Speaks highly of you to cast aspersions like that though

I can only go by what he gives us to work with.

Bill O'Brien winning percentage in the regular season ranks 18th among current NFL HCs.

Combine that with a 1-3* playoff record, I don't see any reason for anybody to defend him.

42-38 overall
15-5 against Tennessee and Jacksonville
27-33 against everyone else
11-27 against teams with a winning record

Eh, 3 coaches ahead of him have only one season. You can make data say anything you want it to say. For instance, O’Brien is ranked in the top 10 among current NFL HC’s for playoff appearances and division titles.
That's why I use the eyeball test and have such a low opinion of OB's ability to coach a football team.
Not when little was done to improve roster or coaching staff
Agreed on the coaching staff, but the same can't be said about the team until they play some football.

Roster we can't judge until we actually see them in some games. Coaching staff I'd say we broke even, Devlin shouldn't be anywhere near an Oline but the addition of Carl Smith to help out Watson may just balance that out.

All you have to do is watch the games. Incoherent. Even the wins are a complete and utter struggle where we look like trash. It's why we constantly get rocked by actually-good teams. Because the way we win is not sustainable or real.
With the exception of the game against the Dolphins. That was rape being broadcasted live on national television.

Yup, this dude simply doesn't pass the eyeball test. I've been watching football since the late 70's. I know what a well coached team and a well coached offense looks like - this ain't it.

I have no faith that this guy can get this team to the promised land.

I do sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

I would say they overhauled the weak links on the team, secondary and oline. To say status quo is unfair. Until they play I don't know if better or worse, but you don't revamp what is working so much, so at least they went after the weak links. I like what I hear so far with the Andre Johnson, TJ, Cushing etc. Seems these guys have parked their egos and are making a difference. Can we just start the season faster than usual, that will be a key for me. Also, on coaching I liked bringing in a new experienced QB coach to help the offense and oline if he moves DW4 to the next level. All just hope for now...

Yup, this dude simply doesn't pass the eyeball test. I've been watching football since the late 70's. I know what a well coached team and a well coached offense looks like - this ain't it.

I have no faith that this guy can get this team to the promised land.

I do sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

Our only hope is we warp into Bizarro world.

I posted this before but to compare apples to apples here is a list of all the head coaches with 5 or more years coaching. This is regular season only.

Bill Belichick - 261\123\0 .680
Mike Tomlin - 125\66\1 .654
Bruce Arians - 49\30\1 .619
Sean Payton - 118\74\0 .615
Andy Reid - 195\124\1 .611
Mike Zimmer - 47\32\1 .594
John Harbaugh - 104\72\0 .591
Pete Carroll - 121\85\1 .587
Jason Garrett - 77\59\0 .566
Ron Rivera - 71\56\1 .559
Bill O'Brien - 42\38\0 .525
Jon Gruden - 98\93\0 .513
Jay Gruden - 35\44\1 .444

I posted this before but to compare apples to apples here is a list of all the head coaches with 5 or more years coaching. This is regular season only.

Bill Belichick - 261\123\0 .680
Mike Tomlin - 125\66\1 .654
Bruce Arians - 49\30\1 .619
Sean Payton - 118\74\0 .615
Andy Reid - 195\124\1 .611
Mike Zimmer - 47\32\1 .594
John Harbaugh - 104\72\0 .591
Pete Carroll - 121\85\1 .587
Jason Garrett - 77\59\0 .566
Ron Rivera - 71\56\1 .559
Bill O'Brien - 42\38\0 .525
Jon Gruden - 98\93\0 .513
Jay Gruden - 35\44\1 .444
So he's actually near the bottom of the list.

With the exception of the game against the Dolphins. That was rape being broadcasted live on national television.

Was that the game he left Arian Foster in too long for literally zero reason and then Arian Foster blew his Achilles and never played for us again?

Not at all.

It's going to take 3 yrs to fix the mess RS left behind. We're currently on yr 2, wish there was a GM because that may make this a 4 yr rebuild whether BOB is here or not.

So OBrien gets an extra year because he went on a wild goose chase for Caserio

Not at all.

It's going to take 3 yrs to fix the mess RS left behind. We're currently on yr 2, wish there was a GM because that may make this a 4 yr rebuild whether BOB is here or not.

So it's ok for you to say it's year two of a 4 year rebuild (because that is exactly what your last sentence says) but not for me to predict you will say it's year 2 of a 4 year rebuild (because that is exactly what I was saying... & here we are).

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

So it's ok for you to say it's year two of a 4 year rebuild (because that is exactly what your last sentence says) but not for me to predict you will say it's year 2 of a 4 year rebuild (because that is exactly what I was saying... & here we are).

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

I guess this is a referendum on what shape RS left the team in.

This is yr 2 of a 3 yr rebuild. Without a GM who knows what's going to happen. This org is a clusterfvck.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. It’s delusional to think BOB wasn’t front and center in every major decision This .org has made, with or without RS.

Disagree with you on this one or BOB would have been fired when RS left.

People are going out of their way to hire RS.

1st yr without RS =11-5.

You do not know if he has been offered another GM job or not. So please let's not state things as facts. Dude probably doesn't want to work in the NFL anymore, especially since his wife passed away . Plus he is rich already

Crazy how you were clamoring about how weak the schedule was way before that season started. But want to use it as some sort of great thing when you're skitting all over RS. But what about those two years we went 10-6 and 12-4 with RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back