Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do not know if he has been offered another GM job or not. So please let's not state things as facts. Dude probably doesn't want to work in the NFL anymore, especially since his wife passed away . Plus he is rich already

Crazy how you were clamoring about how weak the schedule was way before that season started. But want to use it as some sort of great thing when you're skitting all over RS. But what about those two years we went 10-6 and 12-4 with RS.

Delete

I believe his own words were

I coach who they give me.

You can deny this if you want too, but go look up BOB's exit interview.

Couple of quick thoughts. The #Texans secondary is much more athletic this season especially at the CB group. First time we have seen the complete group on the field.

— patrick (@PatDStat) July 25, 2019

Bill O’Brien: "I’ve always been involved in personnel decisions since I’ve been here. No more no less (since Brian Gaine was fired)." #Texans

— Aaron Reiss (@aaronjreiss) July 25, 2019

Bill O'Brien loves versatile linemen. During his press conference today, the #Texans coach said second-round pick Max Scharping has practiced at center. He's also played guard and tackle.

@deshaunwatson on JJWatt: "He's annoying..He tipped 2 or 3 balls of mine today. I learned something about myself using my eyes, not staring down the defenders. That was one tip I took from today that he told me about." Says JJ will stand in the area he's looking & jump at the ball pic.twitter.com/JYNTDnZvxV

— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) July 25, 2019

Bwhahaha here we go again blaming RS. Too funny. Even though Bill O'Brien just said again that he was apart of the decision making since day freaking one.

I read the quotes from O'Brien and out of curiosity came here to see the response to his claims that he always had input into personnel and I read the same old BS about it all Rick Smith's fault.

At this point, only card carrying O'Brien apologists can say he didn't have input or RS left a team with a core of Watt, Clowney, Fuller, Hopkins, Watson, Mercilus, and McKinney as a 4 year rebuilding project.

Now I haven't disrespect you say why the F are you disrespecting me dude. Let's not get braveheart on this damn internet.

No braveheart.

12 yrs of mediocrity at best tells you where this org was when he left. How much more time do you think he needed to become more than mediocre?

Funny, even thought depth was lacking and they didn't have 1st or 2nd rd picks due to RS they still had the 2nd best season in franchise history the 1st yr RS is gone. Coincedence? I think not.

I read the quotes from O'Brien and out of curiosity came here to see the response to his claims that he always had input into personnel and I read the same old BS about it all Rick Smith's fault.

At this point, only card carrying O'Brien apologists can say he didn't have input or RS left a team with a core of Watt, Clowney, Fuller, Hopkins, Watson, Mercilus, and McKinney as a 4 year rebuilding project.

RS didn't have a clue as to how to build a roster, much less a winner and 12 yrs proves this.

One is currently employed in the NFL and one isn't which should speak volumes.

No braveheart.

12 yrs of mediocrity at best tells you where this org was when he left. How much more time do you think he needed to become more than mediocre?

Funny, even thought depth was lacking and they didn't have 1st or 2nd rd picks due to RS they still had the 2nd best season in franchise history the 1st yr RS is gone. Coincedence? I think not.

Largely due to RS's QB pick (where the 1st round pick went).

OB without Watson 28 - 31

Couple of quick thoughts. The #Texans secondary is much more athletic this season especially at the CB group. First time we have seen the complete group on the field.

— patrick (@PatDStat) July 25, 2019

Bill O’Brien: "I’ve always been involved in personnel decisions since I’ve been here. No more no less (since Brian Gaine was fired)." #Texans

Bill O'Brien loves versatile linemen. During his press conference today, the #Texans coach said second-round pick Max Scharping has practiced at center. He's also played guard and tackle.

@deshaunwatson on JJWatt: "He's annoying..He tipped 2 or 3 balls of mine today. I learned something about myself using my eyes, not staring down the defenders. That was one tip I took from today that he told me about." Says JJ will stand in the area he's looking & jump at the ball pic.twitter.com/JYNTDnZvxV

— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) July 25, 2019

So basically OBrien has been choosing his personnel the whole time

Except the one PC that contradicts this.

One thing is for sure, BOB is now calling the shots.

It didn't contradict it. There could have been many reasons he was "given" players he didnt like, including other teams outbidding the Texans, guys holding out or injuries

No no no. Bill O'Brien contradicts himself whenever things aren't going his way. That's when he make statements like, " I only coach the players that are given to me".

No no no. Bill O'Brien contradicts himself whenever things aren't going his way. That's when he make statements like, " I only coach the players that are given to me".

But things went his way

Right or wrong other than Cletus/Janice, BOB is the most powerful man in the Texans org. Ever ask yourself why this is?

Steel you need to calm down man. It's only a game at the end of the day. Let's all be respectful even when we disagree.

I'm going by what the man says - he says he's always been heavily involved in personnel decisions. You think Brock Lobster was foisted upon him without BOB signing off on it?

I'm not a huge fan of RS per se, but at the top of the draft he was aces 99% of the time. RS failed in the middle rounds and in some of his FA moves.

His chin has the power of hypnosis?

His chin is like an old James Bond villain's base and it emits a mind comtrol gas?

People are constantly given more power than their competency can handle?

Steel you need to calm down man. It's only a game at the end of the day. Let's all be respectful even when we disagree.

I'm going be what the man says - he says he's always been heavily involved in personnel decisions. You think Brock Lobster was foisted upon him without BOB signing off on it?

I'm not a huge fan of RS per se, but at the top of the draft he was aces 99% of the time. RS failed in the middle rounds and in some of his FA moves.

Yes I think BO was forced on BOB.

His chin has the power of hypnosis?

His chin is like an old James Bond villain's base and it emits a mind comtrol gas?

People are constantly given more power than their competency can handle?

The-Peter-Principle.jpg

Could not have been a more aptly named author.

Yes I think BO was forced on BOB.

You leave off an important part of that sentence, ..."because he had the monumentally bad judgment Hoyer/Savage/cabbage patch doll was better."

The-Peter-Principle.jpg

Could not have been a more aptly named author.

You leave off an important part of that sentence, ..."because he had the monumentally bad judgment Hoyer/Savage/cabbage patch doll was better."

I dont respond to posters that call me a liar/racist.

I wonder if every NFL teams message board goes through the same old stupid **** every year during the first few days of TRAINING CAMP? Even after changes in the organization and coaching staff (anyone even remember the Texans have a new offensive coordinator? And I hear he’s running the offense drills, Bill has taken a step back.), it’s the same old BS.

Just because OB has been involved in decisions doesn't mean he was making the calls. We don't know if he was overruled or went along. He got an extension because the powers that be thought he was doing something right in that mess

I wonder if every NFL teams message board goes through the same old stupid **** every year during the first few days of TRAINING CAMP? Even after changes in the organization and coaching staff (anyone even remember the Texans have a new offensive coordinator? And I hear he’s running the offense drills, Bill has taken a step back.), it’s the same old BS.

Yes they go through this as well. No matter the sport

Just because OB has been involved in decisions doesn't mean he was making the calls. We don't know if he was overruled or went along. He got an extension because the powers that be thought he was doing something right in that mess

This is all I'm trying to say.

If he was as much at fault as some say the extension never would've happened. Unless the Texans org is more inept than I think and if this is the case we have no hope as Texans fans.

What we do know now is BOB has the loudest voice in the room.

You guys have expressed on numerous occasions on how dysfunctional this organization is lol. They have made boneheaded mistakes after boneheaded mistakes. Therefore, why in the world are yall using the extension to back up said claim. The man said he's involved. He has said they make a COLLECTIVE DECISION. What does he have to say that will convince yall he's heavily involved in the decision making. Hoyer, Mallett, Fitzpatrick and the list goes on.

Last edited:
You guys have expressed on numerous occasions on how dysfunctional this organization is lol. They have made boneheaded mistakes after boneheaded mistakes. Therefore, why in the world are yall using the extension to back up said claim. The main said he's involved. He has said they make a COLLECTIVE DECISION. What does he have to say that will convince yall he's heavily involved in the decision making. Hoyer, Mallett, Fitzpatrick and the list goes on.

Nothing now, BOB is the face of the Texans org.

You guys have expressed on numerous occasions on how dysfunctional this organization is lol. They have made boneheaded mistakes after boneheaded mistakes. Therefore, why in the world are yall using the extension to back up said claim. The main said he's involved. He has said they make a COLLECTIVE DECISION. What does he have to say that will convince yall he's heavily involved in the decision making. Hoyer, Mallett, Fitzpatrick and the list goes on.

........b/c out of the other side of his mouth he stated, "I just coach the guys they give me". Confusing, does he just coach the guys he's given or is he in on making the personnel decisions?

This is all I'm trying to say.

If he was as much at fault as some say the extension never would've happened. Unless the Texans org is more inept than I think and if this is the case we have no hope as Texans fans.

What we do know now is BOB has the loudest voice in the room.

He said he doesn't have anymore say now. It's the same

You guys have expressed on numerous occasions on how dysfunctional this organization is lol. They have made boneheaded mistakes after boneheaded mistakes. Therefore, why in the world are yall using the extension to back up said claim. The man said he's involved. He has said they make a COLLECTIVE DECISION. What does he have to say that will convince yall he's heavily involved in the decision making. Hoyer, Mallett, Fitzpatrick and the list goes on.
Well then the extension was for his trade up to acquire Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back