Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Eagles Fan Thread

flylikeaneagle said:
Yeah... you guys did have a lot of probowlers out during the year and had over a dozen guys on the IR all year.

Maybe not, but we did have Capers as a head coach, that's got to count for something. :)

bigtex77 said:
Maybe not, but we did have Capers as a head coach, that's got to count for something. :)

That does count for something. You guys did upgrade and you look alot better than you did last year. I know, I live in Houston. Im not goona talk trash. We both think our teams are going to win that day. Your D-Line does look better, but we have one of the better O-Lines in the leage. It will be a good time. The Houston Eagles Nest will be in Sec. 544.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry said:
IMO your only player that looks REALY good was Mcnabb but I still dont think he is over the T.O. thing,

What gives you that idea? Does he appear to be bothered? He is 23 of 31 with a rating of 112.7, ranking him 9th in passing. Your second string QB is ranked 38 spots above your starter. Sage is 29th at 26 of 42 and a 96.6 ranking. Carr is ranked 67th at 28 of 44 with a ranking of 69.3. If McNabb plays like that when is is bothered by the T.O. thing, what can David Carr possibly be bothered by?

eagle.randall said:
What gives you that idea? Does he appear to be bothered? He is 23 of 31 with a rating of 112.7, ranking him 9th in passing. Your second string QB is ranked 38 spots above your starter. Sage is 29th at 26 of 42 and a 96.6 ranking. Carr is ranked 67th at 28 of 44 with a ranking of 69.3. If McNabb plays like that when is is bothered by the T.O. thing, what can David Carr possibly be bothered by?

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL SAD
lol:

Folks--we welcome opposing fans to come talk football but we do not have a smack talk forum for a reason and pure troll posts will not be tolerated--posters who insist on this conduct will lose their privilege to post.

Texan fans--please help us out and just ignore the troll posts and give us time to clean them up rather than having to clean up both sides of an unnecessary exchange. Thanks.

infantrycak said:
Folks--we welcome opposing fans to come talk football but we do not have a smack talk forum for a reason and pure troll posts will not be tolerated--posters who insist on this conduct will lose their privilege to post.

Texan fans--please help us out and just ignore the troll posts and give us time to clean them up rather than having to clean up both sides of an unnecessary exchange. Thanks.

I do apologize for any ignorance spewed by eagles fans. Most of us do know what we are talking about. I tried to put stats to back my point. We are simply responding to one of your own coming to our boards. The trash talk is entertaining, but if it is backed by stats, is it really trash talk?

eagle.randall said:
I do apologize for any ignorance spewed by eagles fans. Most of us do know what we are talking about. I tried to put stats to back my point. We are simply responding to one of your own coming to our boards. The trash talk is entertaining, but if it is backed by stats, is it really trash talk?

I'm not talking about actual football discussion which folks slant for or against one team, player matchups or throwing in a we are going to kill you at the end of a post. There are several posts which have been deleted because they had no football content at all--pure smack--"we're going to tear you a new one, y'all suck" kind of posts.

kearse will eat carr said:
how about this ...the texans arent good at all...check the last 6 seasons the texans have done squat and the eagles have made 4 conference championship games and one superbowl

This is only the Texan's 5th season, kind of hard to do things the last six years when you were only around the last 4 years...

and they have lost every championship game they have ever played in!

I would rather do nothing then have that record!:tease:

The Duke said:
and they have lost every championship game they have ever played in!

I would rather do nothing then have that record!:tease:

I cant dispute that, but give us credit for the NFC Champ that we won to go to the Superbowl.

Eagle fans are considereed as some of the more passionate & vocal fans in all the NFL. They define the City of Philadelphia much like Steeler & Packer fans they live and die by their teams success & failures.

I will say this if the Texans compete hard and execute an effective game plan against the Eagles this will be the 2nd best win in Texan history (Sept. 8th 2002 vs the Dallas Cowboys 19-10).

While the Texans defense looks transformed check out the new look Eagles defensive line http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=54026 which makes me wonder how well David Carr will react given that kind of pressure, lots of roll outs and short dump offs :confused:

Hopefully this is a great game, competitive and historical from a Texans point of veiw :hunter:

gwallaia said:
No. It's your bravey.

Only the bravest of men would ever venture onto another team's message board. What courage! What Guts! Bravely fighting the battle in the dangerous trenches of an internet message board.

And besides, anyone who hates Dallas can't be too bad.

Im sorry, but that made me actually laugh out loud at work :P

beerlover said:
Eagle fans are considereed as some of the more passionate & vocal fans in all the NFL. They define the City of Philadelphia much like Steeler & Packer fans they live and die by their teams success & failures.

I will say this if the Texans compete hard and execute an effective game plan against the Eagles this will be the 2nd best win in Texan history (Sept. 8th 2002 vs the Dallas Cowboys 19-10).

While the Texans defense looks transformed check out the new look Eagles defensive line http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=54026 which makes me wonder how well David Carr will react given that kind of pressure, lots of roll outs and short dump offs :confused:

Hopefully this is a great game, competitive and historical from a Texans point of veiw :hunter:

That will be key for the Texans. Im curious to see what happens to Carr after a sack or two. We all know he is not good under pressure. Im sure our D will try and get to him early and try to spook him a bit. If it works, you guys will be in trouble.

Based on Carr's performance against the Bronco's He probably will open the game up rolling out.

why are you guys only talking about Kearse. Howard has had a sack in like every pre-season game. He has been injured a lot but when healthy is a great DE.

eagle.randall said:
That will be key for the Texans. Im curious to see what happens to Carr after a sack or two. We all know he is not good under pressure. Im sure our D will try and get to him early and try to spook him a bit. If it works, you guys will be in trouble.

i would be very suprised to see less than one or 2 sacks. Yes, the Texans o-line has improved but it's still not that great. The Eagles defense blitzes a hell of a lot. You don't know who is gonna come in. Dawkins, Lewis, Trotter, etc. Plus, the Eagles have a very strong o-line. Bunkly should help them out at the NT spot

Texans>Colts said:
why are you guys only talking about Kearse. Howard has had a sack in like every pre-season game. He has been injured a lot but when healthy is a great DE.

That's right, and the eagles have been running a vanilla D scheme, Howard looks good and he's happy in Philly. Kearse can chase Carr down when flushed to his side provided Kearse keeps containment and doesn't over persue, Carr is pretty good when not directly under pursuit but I don't think he's a throwing threat on the run unless it is a design play. I think the key for us is to disrupt the called play enough that Carr has to improvise.

TexansJunkE said:
Yea I know...........Since he has blown it up in NO...........Bust

Stallworth in 2005: 70 rec, 945 yds, 7 TD with an average QB. If he stays healthy, he will be an incredible WR with Reggie Brown and Westbrook on the field. The guy is quick... very quick.

beerlover said:

I hope it is a great game also. Good luck to the Texans after Week 1. :cool:

flylikeaneagle said:
Stallworth in 2005: 70 rec, 945 yds, 7 TD with an average QB. If he stays healthy, he will be an incredible WR with Reggie Brown and Westbrook on the field. The guy is quick... very quick.

That was with Horn on the other side, and as far as passing goes I don't think McNabb is much better than Brooks. McNabb is just a better competitor.

Stallworth won't help you.

jdog said:
That was with Horn on the other side, and as far as passing goes I don't think McNabb is much better than Brooks. McNabb is just a better competitor.

I have to disagree with this. No matter what your opinion of Stallworth, he easily improves the Eagle WR corps.
If he isn't automatically the best wideout the Eagles have, he is a very close second...

jdog said:

What? That is hialrious. McNabb is FAR better than Brooks. Brooks is not even close to McNabb's level. Looks at yards, completions, and interception percentage. Big difference right there. McNabb is a leader... Brooks is not. Brooks goes down.. no biggie. LOL!

Plus, Horn was out for part of the year.

jdog said:

Against your secondary, sure he will.

michaelm said:
I have to disagree with this. No matter what your opinion of Stallworth, he easily improves the Eagle WR corps.
If he isn't automatically the best wideout the Eagles have, he is a very close second...
He isn't close to the wr Reggie Brown is. Stallworth is just a kicked up Cory Bradford imo.

michaelm said:

I didn't say he wasn't a major upgrade to their receiving corps. :tease:

Vinny said:
He isn't close to the wr Reggie Brown is. Stallworth is just a kicked up Cory Bradford imo.

Good analogy--11 drops in 2005 (almost 10% of targets)--I suspect that's why the Saints let him go after he had several missed opportunities last weekend. Folks don't let top half 1st rounders go who have performed anywhere close to expectations.

infantrycak said:
Good analogy--11 drops in 2005 (almost 10% of targets)--I suspect that's why the Saints let him go after he had several missed opportunities last weekend. Folks don't let top half 1st rounders go who have performed anywhere close to expectations.

Horn is at 9% for drops.

eagle.randall said:
Against your secondary, sure he will.

Actually, our secondary will be watching McNabb get tackled for a loss and congratulating Stallworth on his quickness.

flylikeaneagle said:
Horn is at 9% for drops.

And your point is? Look, Stallworth is a good addition to the Eagles WR corps but he hasn't panned out as the #13 pick level talent he was thought to be. It isn't like you just added Javon Walker.

RiotCommander said:
We gave up 1 sack in the last two games. I know the Eagles have a better D, and I look forward to the game. Oh why do I even bother talking to someone who wont take the time to think before posting. :challenge
We've given up two in the last 3 games and only one of those was because of the OLine.
So in reality our Oline has only given up 1 in three games.

Also, I think people underestimate how good our D has been playing as well.

I hope that after the loss in Week 1 that the Eagles beat the crap out of everyone else and surprise everyone.

jdog said:

Im sorry, and I dont mean any disrespect here, but that statement shows a complete lack of football knowledge.

I am not being an Eagles homer when I say that McNabb is in a completely different league than Brooks.

Look at the targets Brooks has had for the last 5 years, and look at his stats, and how many games he won.

Then look at McNabb back to 2000, and his targets, and count his wins.

Completely different league.

Back