Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Eagles Fan Thread

Phiilyphan06 said:
This game will be one sided for the Eagles. Darren Howard has been a beast so far, and the starting defense has only given up 3 points against the ravens, raiders, browns, and steelers combined. Donovan Mcnabb has not thrown a pick, and analysts beleive that he is throwing as best as he ever has. Donte Stallworth is a great addition, and look what he did with an average qb in brooks. The eagles are running the ball succesfully, even without westbrook. Brian Dawkins hasn't lost a step and still hits hard (harde the d rob you guys exaggerate.) Rookie Reggie Brown is ready to break out, and the offensive line is strong.

Houston has looked shabby in their games, and carr doesn't seem to have improved much, even wit the addition of moulds. He looks like a bust so far. Mario Williams is making some plays, but it's clear he is the only real presence on the front four, the same thing can be said about duntz and the secondary.
The offense line still looks pretty bad, and carr looks ready for another sack filled year. Mcnabb at least is mobile. His injury gone, hes moving around now, and is the threat hes always been.

Mcnabb wayyyy better than carr, and he has a legit o-line to help.

There, I just kicked some knowledge, you can only wish this was a dream.
"Shabby"? Really? And congratulations on beating the browns, losing to the raiders and beating baltimore...great stuff! Anyway, Dawkins has lost a step or two from his prime, he still has a reputation as a great hitter but he's not as good as he used to be. Both your corners are significantly smaller then our wide receivers, though thouse should be good battles. Also, Peek is a load to handle one on one in passing situations, and with Mario drawing double teams somebody is going to get to McNabb, you can bet on that.
Cant wait till the 10th, should be a great game, good luck.

Phiilyphan06 said:
Plummer threw for a measley 18 tds last season. we've stopped qbs that have visited the suberbowl. you are now officially served
Plummer threw for 4 TD'S AGAINST YOU!!! You were then, and are now again, officially served

run-david-run said:
"Shabby"? Really? And congratulations on beating the browns, losing to the raiders and beating baltimore...great stuff! Anyway, Dawkins has lost a step or two from his prime, he still has a reputation as a great hitter but he's not as good as he used to be. Both your corners are significantly smaller then our wide receivers, though thouse should be good battles. Also, Peek is a load to handle one on one in passing situations, and with Mario drawing double teams somebody is going to get to McNabb, you can bet on that.
Cant wait till the 10th, should be a great game, good luck.

I can't believe you actually used the Pre-Season win/loss record as a jab. You left out our First Team shutting down the World Champion Steelers' first team. If you want to use that nonsense, use it all.

From Philly.com and other places, let's unite here, get our bearings, and then issue the critical beatdown of Texans fans before our team beats their team down.

Rodman91 said:
From Philly.com and other places, let's unite here, get our bearings, and then issue the critical beatdown of Texans fans before our team beats their team down.

Humor I love it, let's see you think you will win this game:pigfly: . OK just trying to figure out why the bellicose nature of the bluff.:ouch: Rodman huh, so do you share Dennis's affinity for female garb:yahoo: :yahoo:

Rodman91 said:
So you came here to find bearings, and trying to beatdown Texans fans on a message board is critical for you?

Rodman91 said:
What were you planning on saying?
Well, there were two threads (the same) started by you on the board and I was gonna say that it seems your excited about the game.

Rodman91 said:
What were you planning on saying?
He was probably planning on saying something like: you cant stop zone blocking, you cant run the ball, Reid is a red shirt away from looking like Kool-Aid, and your gonna lose on Sunday.

Doug said:
Well, there were two threads (the same) started by you on the board and I was gonna say that it seems your excited about the game.

I am very excited and ready for the game.

I didn't try to start two threads. I clicked "post thread" twice, that's all.

run-david-run said:
He was probably planning on saying something like: you cant stop zone blocking, you cant run the ball, Reid is a red shirt away from looking like Kool-Aid, and your gonna lose on Sunday.
That's not what I was going to say but I'm glad you did because that's funny stuff right there!

Doug said:
So you came here to find bearings, and trying to beatdown Texans fans on a message board is critical for you?
Hey genius, yhow long before this pathetic team splits and moves to another city...LOL...I almost feel bad for your pathetic team this week...The Eagles have a lot of aggresion to let out...

Rodman91 said:
I am very excited and ready for the game.

I didn't try to start two threads. I clicked "post thread" twice, that's all.
I knew you probably didn't mean to and mistakes will happen but it was still funny...for me anyway.

pauli said:
Hey genius, yhow long before this pathetic team splits and moves to another city...LOL...I almost feel bad for your pathetic team this week...The Eagles have a lot of aggresion to let out...
been nice knowing you pauli

pauli said:
I know you didn't refer to me as genius after that post.

I was going to ask why we don't have a Texan v Eagles thread open. I just wonder do the Texans have fans like these too? Guess we have an interesting week ahead of us. *sigh*

RiotCommander said:
I was going to ask why we don't have a Texan v Eagles thread open. I just wonder do the Texans have fans like these too? Guess we have an interesting week ahead of us. *sigh*

There are a lot more coming...:redtowel:

In reality and on paper and the Eagles are a better team, you had God knows how many winning seasons and a superbowl appearance. However, I fell that the window of opportunity is closing for you guys. With some luck we can beat the Eagles.

southtexan said:
In reality and on paper and the Eagles are a better team, you had God knows how many winning seasons and a superbowl appearance. However, I fell that the window of opportunity is closing for you guys. With some luck we can beat the Eagles.

Please explain to me how our window is closing? We are getting younger at almost every position...

When is the last time the eagles WON a Superbowl? They remind me of the Bills always knocking on the door, but never able to get in.

Sorry, but a shot had to be fired!! :shoot:

southtexan said:

We just got younger today.

Fraley has been traded to the Browns.

Vinny said:
We just traded pauli for some magic beans

I'm not sure if we got value. "Magical beans" in the context of elementary school "beans beans the magical fruit..etc" means we probably got nothing except some smelly hot air. Actually, in that context the trade was probably completely fair.

run-david-run said:
For how? There goes some of your really good O-line...:hunter:
YOu do realize he might not have made the team this year because of how deep and talented our offensive line is...Its called a smart business move for the future...Thats why our window will never be closed...Jamal Jackson is our starting center for years to come...Younger and much better in the run game...

someone posted that the eagles lost 4 games by 6 points or less .. well I honestly didn't know that.

FWIW, I know y'all see a 2-14 team, but we also lost 4games 6 points or less. (and 1 game by 7)

edit ..despite having 31st ranked defense and an offense ranked 30ish also

run-david-run said:
For how? There goes some of your really good O-line...:hunter:

I am not happy about it, but we are getting a conditional 2008 draft pick for him

Remember the name... Nick Cole.

He is a 6' 350 pound beast that is our backup C.

Rodman91 said:
I am not happy about it, but we are getting a conditional 2008 draft pick for him

If he is any good we will never hear his name again.

any fan ought to see the optimism we have for this club.

in our brief history
we have:
the most talent top to bottom on the offense that we have seen in Houston
Defensively...our front 7 is easily the most talented we have seen also..

coaching staff that is offensive minded and a defensive coordinater that is agressive (haven't a clue why Capers wasn't)

Rodman91 said:

Todd Wade was 6'5", 330, didnt help him stop anybody getting to Carr. Mario Williams, 6' 7", 295lb, remeber the name

Vinny said:
I get around :mario:

sometimes he has to use
yoshi.gif

Rodman91 said:
He'll be more respectful...

Let him back.
Hows this for respect...Houston blows...Who is going to run against us this week...Reggie Bush? LOL...These losers could not even get that right.

Back