Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Breaking News: Vick Indicted

It must be nice to live in your fantasy world. I predict Vick will never play another down in the NFL again. Maybe the CFL would take him, but I doubt it. No team is going to want the stench that is Mick Vick following the team. Besides that, he will be in prison. Maybe he will star in the new production of the Longest Yard. :devilpig:

I have no doubt that that's what you want to happen, but i doubt this would scare teams away from.

partly b/c like SWT said, it's a business & if teams feel like he can be the guy that puts them over the top, they're going to go after him. Mainly though, it's b/c the guy has serious talent & the history of professional sports is filled with guys with enormous talent getting 2nd & 3rd chances (Ricky williams, Darryl Strawberry, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Phillips etc).

You guys just have to deal with it....

I have no doubt that that's what you want to happen, but i doubt this would scare teams away from.

partly b/c like SWT said, it's a business & if teams feel like he can be the guy that puts them over the top, they're going to go after him. Mainly though, it's b/c the guy has serious talent & the history of professional sports is filled with guys with enormous talent getting 2nd & 3rd chances (Ricky williams, Darryl Strawberry, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Phillips etc).

You guys just have to deal with it....

Oranges.jpg

apple_newton-wonder_original_mine.jpg

What do you mean apples & oranges? I'm sure you know that Lewis was facing human murder charges right? Look at him now, back on the fast track to the HOF & has recovered some of his endorsement money.

I doubt most people view the murder of dogs the same as the murder of humans.....

What do you mean apples & oranges? I'm sure you know that Lewis was facing human murder charges right? Look at him now, back on the fast track to the HOF & has recovered some of his endorsement money.

I doubt most people view the murder of dogs the same as the murder of humans.....

Sorry, not buying the BS you are selling. The two cases are nothing alike in numerous ways. Again, it's apples and oranges. If you would stop being blinded by your Vick man love and animal hate long enough, you might actually understand the differences. :devilpig:

vick will still play. If they could have suspended him, they would have already. Goodell has been going over the union contract with a fine tooth comb, and they can't suspend him. The falcons could, but won't destroy their season and ticket sales. Its a business. I expect the falcons to give vick time, and DUE PROCESS, and then he will play out the season while awaiting his not guilty verdict. If purge-crazy goodell could have axed vick, he would have, ergo he won't.

SWT, you need to quit hanging around that White Rabbit.. he makes you say delusional things....

My prediction is that during his suspension Mike Vick and Lindsay Lohan will team up and take an off-Broadway production of "Lady and the Tramp" on a nationwide tour. The tour will end after 7 performances when Vick kills Lohan in a drunken rage, chops up her body, and feeds her to his Pit Bulldogs, who promply die of cocaine poisoning.

Sorry, not buying the BS you are selling. The two cases are nothing alike in numerous ways. Again, it's apples and oranges. If you would stop being blinded by your Vick man love and animal hate long enough, you might actually understand the differences. :devilpig:

Me, being blinded?....... WOW, coming from you that's a good one. he will play again in the NFL, you're just being delusional if you think otherwise. i'll be sure to send you a PM of the picture of him crossing the sticks when he runs his 1st TD.

Me, being blinded?....... WOW, coming from you that's a good one. he will play again in the NFL, you're just being delusional if you think otherwise. i'll be sure to send you a PM of the picture of him crossing the sticks when he runs his 1st TD.

Your on. And no Photoshop tricks. :splits:

swtbound07 said:
vick will still play. If they could have suspended him, they would have already. Goodell has been going over the union contract with a fine tooth comb, and they can't suspend him. The falcons could, but won't destroy their season and ticket sales. Its a business. I expect the falcons to give vick time, and DUE PROCESS, and then he will play out the season while awaiting his not guilty verdict. If purge-crazy goodell could have axed vick, he would have, ergo he won't.

"Due process" is for the government when accusing someone of a crime.

The NFL is a private entity and does not have to following the same guidelines. Blank was feeling corporate pressure and probably asked the commish to take the heat off of him. Expect this 'leave of absence' to become a suspension by opening week of the season.

No one player is bigger than the league, in spite of what you believe in your head. The NFL will take one of it's most popular players and make an example out of him, which would send a clear message that no player will dictate anything to the league. Players will quickly realize that if they can do this to Vick, then they had better shape up or be prepared to ship out.

The NFL is looking at a bigger picture, the long term success of things. Their vision goes far beyond the number of years left in Vick's career. Remember, the NFL made Vick, not the other way around.

SWT is a degenerate poker player. He doesn't play the "boyyyyy."

He is the one who has mentioned several times in this thread that he has money on the doo doo birds to goto the superbowl or win it. That is just one of the reasons he has given to why he would not convict slick of anything.

[/B]I can't see them releasing him, his guaranteed money would advance against the cap, i don't know exactly how much, but owners almost always hate to have to pay guaranteed money like that.

Secondly, if Blank lets him go, he's gonna see alot of money walk out with him. .

No new money would go out the door with Vick--it is all just accounting for accelerated pro-rated bonus on the cap. In fact, his contract contains a clause which may allow the Falcons to get some of the bonuses they have already paid him back.

No new money would go out the door with Vick--it is all just accounting for accelerated pro-rated bonus on the cap. In fact, his contract contains a clause which may allow the Falcons to get some of the bonuses they have already paid him back.

Good Looking....

Listening to it right now, but he's not saying much, pretty much leaving the door open for any possible situation that might happen. Hasn't really taken a difinitive stance on anything other than letting the process play out as these are allegations & giving Vick his due process etc, etc.

He did say that he was "prepared" to ask goodell for a 4 game suspension, but opted against it for whatever reason.

Petrino just said that in regards to a leave of absence, that wasn't an option for them b/c more facts are due to come out & they didn't want to pay him his salary due if he never plays a down for them this year.

I agree...

To borrow a phrase from television broadcasting, "The Mike Vick Show" is on hiatus and may be cancelled in just a few weeks.

Lock the Thread..

Listening to it right now, but he's not saying much, pretty much leaving the door open for any possible situation that might happen. Hasn't really taken a difinitive stance on anything other than letting the process play out as these are allegations & giving Vick his due process etc, etc.

He did say that he was "prepared" to ask goodell for a 4 game suspension, but opted against it for whatever reason.

They didn't say much because of the upfront prepared speech they gave. Blank and McKay were obviously not going to take up the "what ifs" from the get go and said as much.

They couldn't go through with the suspension because the Commish told Vick not to attend camp; which was by far the best move in all aspects of the matter they could take at this time. It allows all parties involved to save face and Vick would be smart to use this time wisely as far as preparing his defense.

Far as Vick post this case IF(a very BIG if at that) he comes out innocent of the charges; he can return to the game. If Ray Lewis can come back from being associated with a murder trial and Kobe can be accused of Rape and cheating on his wife. Vick can return from this. This is assuming he's cleared of the states charges as well.I suspect as this goes on the current suspension from TC will progress into Preseason and into the NFL season. He's most likely done for the year and his best hope is that it's a speedy trial.

well after watching the Falcons presser and the NFL Commissioner's presser, a lot more came clear on where the different entities stand on this issue.

it sounds like the Falcons just want to get rid of him altogether but are posturing so that they can get some of the signing bonus back. The NFL told the Falcons to let them handle it and the first step was essentially banning him from the league until they can fully explore their options.

From the language Goodell used he was basically saying that they could punish Vick before an indictment because there are 'irrefutable facts' contained in the indictment that could be grounds for suspension by themselves. Me thinks that means that they are going to suspend him for the year BEFORE he is convicted purely on the fact that he owned the house and had funded the initial construction irregardless of whether he knew what was going on. If he is convicted they may just let the punishment stay as it is or suspend him another year which would effectively ban him from the league because his ability is more predicated on his athletic ability and he would be away from the league almost 3 years and possibly incarcerated. What team is going to take the publicity hit on bringing such an unknown into camp. Wanna talk about distractions and bad PR.

I applaud Blank and the NFL for being patient and not throwing Vick completely under the bus before he faces a judge and jury. He can't play this year but he is effectively on paid vacation until the case against him is over. I am sure Blank aint happy about having to pay him but Blank is to blame for coddling and enabling this type of behavior.

Why someone would back up the Brinks Truck for such an average QB and a below average human being/role model I will never know. Blank should be punished too and him having to pay Vick while things play themselves out hopefully sends a message to him and other NFL owners that the thuglife players will drag your franchise into the depths of humanity.....just ask the Titans, Falcons, and Bengals.

Far as Vick post this case IF(a very BIG if at that) he comes out innocent of the charges; he can return to the game. If Ray Lewis can come back from being associated with a murder trial and Kobe can be accused of Rape and cheating on his wife. Vick can return from this. This is assuming he's cleared of the states charges as well.I suspect as this goes on the current suspension from TC will progress into Preseason and into the NFL season. He's most likely done for the year and his best hope is that it's a speedy trial.

People look at animals, particularly dogs a lot differently. Kobe's deal was a he said, she said thing, and some girl with a sketchy past looking for the pay day. Lewis' issue was associated with the wrong crowd one night. Both of the situations you cite were one time occurrences, not a pattern.

So, factor in the love for dogs in American Society and that this occurred over several years with a decernable pattern, Mick Vick is just about sunk regardless of the outcome of this case with regard to the "Public Eye". Probably this going to trial could be very damaging to Mick Vick in the public arena because a lot of details will be publicly stated in court regardless if he is found not guilty. To some extent, Vick somehow getting a plea agreement with probation is probably his best bet to play in the NFL again because the details will not be heavily scrutinized.

Bottom line, your two comparisons just don't seem to apply in predicting a Mike Vick image recovery. This is a very different situation from many perspectives.

I am sure Blank aint happy about having to pay him but Blank is to blame for coddling and enabling this type of behavior.

Why someone would back up the Brinks Truck for such an average QB and a below average human being/role model I will never know. Blank should be punished too and him having to pay Vick while things play themselves out hopefully sends a message to him and other NFL owners that the thuglife players will drag your franchise into the depths of humanity.....just ask the Titans, Falcons, and Bengals.

I heard somewhere that during training camp you don't get your full "salary".... those start at regular season.

Anyway, I look to see Billy Johnson gone sometime soon...I think Blank will clean house of all of those that helped put him in this mess

People look at animals, particularly dogs a lot differently. Kobe's deal was a he said, she said thing, and some girl with a sketchy past looking for the pay day. Lewis' issue was associated with the wrong crowd one night. Both of the situations you cite were one time occurrences, not a pattern.

So, factor in the love for dogs in American Society and that this occurred over several years with a decernable pattern, Mick Vick is just about sunk regardless of the outcome of this case with regard to the "Public Eye". Probably this going to trial could be very damaging to Mick Vick in the public arena because a lot of details will be publicly stated in court regardless if he is found not guilty. To some extent, Vick somehow getting a plea agreement with probation is probably his best bet to play in the NFL again because the details will not be heavily scrutinized.

Bottom line, your two comparisons just don't seem to apply in predicting a Mike Vick image recovery. This is a very different situation from many perspectives.

Hence a very big IF as i said. I think the evidence is pretty stacked against him myself.

Vick pleads not guilty...what were you expecting him to do?

nfl_a_vick1_412.jpg

ESPN Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2950226

RICHMOND, Va. -- Michael Vick pleaded not guilty Thursday to federal dogfighting charges and was released without bond until a Nov. 26 trial.

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback and three others entered their pleas in U.S. District Court to conspiracy charges involving competitive dogfighting, procuring and training pit bulls for fighting and conducting the enterprise across state lines. Federal prosecutors say the operation -- known as Bad Newz Kennels -- was run on Vick's property in Surry County..

"Today, you all either heard or saw Michael take his first step toward proving his innocence," Vick's attorney, Billy Martin, said. "We intend to prove Mike's innocence at trial."

The trial date was set for Nov. 26 at 9:30 a.m. Vick waived his right to a speedy trial.

"I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name," Vick said in a statement read outside court by Martin.

'I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. Above all, I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family and I apologize to my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them at the beginning of spring training," he said.

Was trolling err listening to 2LiveStews sports radio talk show in Atlanta. They were talking that there has been an undercover federal agent working the whole thing for 3 years. So this would provide the feds with an impeccable witness and they would no longer rely on the testimony of the other defendants and/or known criminals.

So 4 people named as witnesses in the indictment with none of them being any of the 3 defendants and one of them being an undercover officer. Sounds pretty bad to me for Vick. Now the other 3 people defendants named could be turned against Vick and would only strengthen an already formidable case by the prosecution.

From what NFLN's sources are saying it sounds like the Falcons are going to let it ride and let Vick play until it becomes a distraction or public sentiment demands it. I wonder if Nike and his other endorsements will stand by him?

So just with a little math, they've got seven witnesses now one of them and undercover FBI guy. GL SWT. I hope you've got some antidepresants handy next Week. Sheriff Rodger and Blank take to the podium next.

Back