Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2014 NFL Draft Thread

That fifth year option is very important when dealing with QB.

If you are looking at qb in the second and you are in the top part of the draft do you trade up? If yes, then you could have a few teams moving up for fifth year option. If not then manziel and tb and care could fall to bottom of the second.

Think about the logic. There are other teams in the top of the second that could use a qb. All of them aren't going to trade up for the fifth year option. Someone is going to be content taking a qb in the top of the second if they are wanting manziel, tb, it Carr. All those guys aren't going in the next few picks I don't think.

The Texans are gonna take Carr, both Clowney and Carr are gonna suck, and we're going to call this the Clown Car draft, huh :(

Didn't the Browns rescue Quinn from his free fall?

Compassionate people these Browns.

I said in another thread that the Young and Thigpen signings indicated this was the move.

So, Manziel is off the board. I am getting nervous now... I really want TB. If we don`t trade up, I am sure someone else will...

Wow tough division for Johnny to go to. He's going to be going up against the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens 6 times a year. I don't see him staying healthy but I'm happy for the Browns fans. They have some hope now.

If you are looking at qb in the second and you are in the top part of the draft do you trade up? If yes, then you could have a few teams moving up for fifth year option. If not then manziel and tb and care could fall to bottom of the second.

Think about the logic. There are other teams in the top of the second that could use a qb. All of them aren't going to trade up for the fifth year option. Someone is going to be content taking a qb in the top of the second if they are wanting manziel, tb, it Carr. All those guys aren't going in the next few picks I don't think.

I'm just telling you it's it's a factor. My money is on Carr and Bridgewater going at end of round one for that reason.

I think it's interesting that the Browns fans can get that excited about a little 'ol boy from Kerrville, but not here in Texas.

The fans now... not the screwed up organization. The fans who've been wallowing in a decade of suck. The fans who didn't get behind Weeden or Quin.

But I guess "we" know better they do.

I think it's interesting that the Browns fans can get that excited about a little 'ol boy from Kerrville, but not here in Texas.

The fans now... not the screwed up organization. The fans who've been wallowing in a decade of suck. The fans who didn't get behind Weeden or Quin.

But I guess "we" know better they do.
Absolutely...we've had "success"... :sarcasm:

I'd be happy with Garapolla at 2.1 rather than Bridgewater. Bridge water will not keep his ridiculous Combine weight of 214. He was overmuscled and his ProDay basically stunk due to the loss of his resulting muscle coordination. He will go back to ~195 if he wants to regain performance.

So, either trade with SD or PHI after that to get TB... I´d be too scared that Arizona takes him... though they could really like Carr.

Back