I think Houston got the best team name. It's in line with the city's "theme" and it's full of blue-collar pride.
"Battlehawks" is so aggressively bad that it comes all the way round the bend and becomes enjoyable in a campy kind of way.
2020 XFL DraftThe XFL player allocation process is held in multiple phases, separated by position groups. The league will use a "snake" format in each phase, in which the draft order will reverse with each round. The draft order was shuffled for each phase as predetermined through lotteries.
- Tier 1 Quarterback Allocation Process: Each XFL team's manager-coach submitted a list of their preferred quarterbacks prior to the draft, with the league assigning one quarterback to each team; if multiple teams request the same player, the league will resolve any disputes.
- Phase 1: offensive skill positions (other quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, and tight ends)—10 rounds
- Phase 2: offensive linemen (offensive tackles, guards, and centers)—10 rounds
- Phase 3: defensive front seven players (defensive linemen and linebackers)—10 rounds
- Phase 4: defensive backs (cornerbacks and safeties)—10 rounds
- Phase 5: open draft (any position)—30 rounds. Special teams players (including long snapper, punter, placekicker) have no separate position phase and are relegated to the open pool.
At the conclusion of the draft, each team will have a 71-player preseason roster, to be winnowed down to 52 players by the start of the 2020 XFL season.
A supplemental draft will be held in late November 2019, which will consist of players released from National Football League rosters and who have finished their college football and/or Canadian Football League seasons.
Manziel becoming a star in this league would help it tremendously. I'll root heavily for him just in hopes to see some excitement.I think Seattle got the best logo and name. Roughnecks is going to have to grow on me, but it's OK. I'm going to laugh if the Defenders ends up with the worst defense.
Manziel May find his way back to the Browns after Mayfields performance. If he finds success of course.Manziel becoming a star in this league would help it tremendously. I'll root heavily for him just in hopes to see some excitement.
I'd also rather see him embrace his party side and let go of the "try to impress the media" act for the sake of it. I think that would likely take some of the pressure off of him where he could just be a junkyard football player. Hell, crack some beers on the sidelines. That would be fun to watch. If the games were competitive, a little bit of theater could likely help it.
Manziel is never touching an NFL field for as long as he lives. Lol!Manziel May find his way back to the Browns after Mayfields performance. If he finds success of course.
It's football and it's in Houston....I'll follow along and hope they don't make the same mistake all the other Professional Football Leagues not named the NFL do.A league of NFL pre-season football, at best. I just don't see how that's going to attract anyone's attention.
Season One schedule for the Roughnecks: https://www.xfl.com/en-US/articles/houston-roughnecks-2020-scheduleThe Roughnecks are scheduled to play five games on ABC (KTRK 13), two on FOX (KRIV 26) and three games on FS1.