Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

XFL Revival?

Half time will be shorter too. Every game varies in time. About 1.5 hrs maybe past averages. XFL was trying to shorten it some

Man, that LA team needs a QB bad. LOL. Our QB looks fairly decent. June Jones run 'n shoot working tonight.

I thought the play was about what you'd expect from a league like this, a lot of rough spots, but our Houston Roughnecks look better than what was predicted of them.

Next week the game isn't being broadcast, so I have to decide if I'm going to pay for a streaming service, and from who, to watch them.

Man, that LA team needs a QB bad. LOL. Our QB looks fairly decent. June Jones run 'n shoot working tonight.

I thought the play was about what you'd expect from a league like this, a lot of rough spots, but our Houston Roughnecks look better than what was predicted of them.

Next week the game isn't being broadcast, so I have to decide if I'm going to pay for a streaming service, and from who, to watch them.
Did you hear the LA QB yelling at the coach? Saying the wide receiver did not run the route correctly? That was epic! Later in the game He told the coach When they were arguing about a 4th and 10 not to punt. The QB said I'm an attorney. I'm just defending my point of view. Cannot script that in wrestling! They did go for it and receiver dropped the ball.

The Roughnecks announced an attendance of 17,815 at TDECU Stadium for their season opener. BTW, the stadium holds 40,000.......still a legitimate number for a first game. The attendance numbers are likely to rise if the team continues to bring game excitement.

So what was the final score?

The Roughnecks announced an attendance of 17,815 at TDECU Stadium for their season opener. BTW, the stadium holds 40,000.......still a legitimate number for a first game. The attendance numbers are likely to rise if the team continues to bring game excitement.

Highly skeptical of that. It was that high for the opener because of the curiosity. I bet they average somewhere around 10-12K when it's all said and done. Which BTW, is great for minor league football. Of course, if they're one of the better teams in the league the attendance will likely be a little higher. People love to see winning.

Highly skeptical of that. It was that high for the opener because of the curiosity. I bet they average somewhere around 10-12K when it's all said and done. Which BTW, is great for minor league football. Of course, if they're one of the better teams in the league the attendance will likely be a little higher. People love to see winning.

They were smart and put Dallas and Houston in the same, I guess division for lack of a better word. Not only do you have the city rivalry but with Stoops coaching Dallas lot of A&M and U of T fans that would like to see his team beat. I can see those games drawing some pretty big numbers.

Did you hear the LA QB yelling at the coach? Saying the wide receiver did not run the route correctly? That was epic! Later in the game He told the coach When they were arguing about a 4th and 10 not to punt. The QB said I'm an attorney. I'm just defending my point of view. Cannot script that in wrestling! They did go for it and receiver dropped the ball.

Yeah I’m kind of liking the micced up thing on sidelines and huddles. Makes you wonder how often players and coaches in the NFL argue and you just don’t see or hear it. Though can you image the damage BB could do with that information.

Kickoff rules are much better than the NFL. Watched the highlights and looked an enjoyable game.

Curious how many of the rules the NFL will adopt. They don’t talk about it but they took several things from the original XFL and made it part of the NFL including the sky cam.

They were smart and put Dallas and Houston in the same, I guess division for lack of a better word. Not only do you have the city rivalry but with Stoops coaching Dallas lot of A&M and U of T fans that would like to see his team beat. I can see those games drawing some pretty big numbers.
yes play each other twice in 10 weeks

The tackling in this new league is really good for being the first game of their first season. Something the NFL could learn from. Also the officials of the XFL let the players play a lot more than the officials in the NFL let their players play. The officials also didn't waste a lot of time between their calls and the next downs and the plays that were reviewed were done much faster than we have been accustomed to in the NFL.

The quality of football was quite a bit better than I expected. Much better than the original XFL's launch. While it was not a perfect beginning it was not far from it. I also liked the few innovations they added to this league. It will be interesting to see if the NFL incorporates any of these innovations to their league. They added innovations from all the other spring leagues. I also can't wait to see this leagues over time rules take place. If the league does not get cute or try to do too much and as long the level of play gets a bit better and maintains that level I can see it succeeding.

Last edited:

The XFL’s debut game drew 3.3 million viewers.

ABC announced that number today and added that the viewership peaked at the end of the broadcast, which is a good sign that the game kept fans interested.

Last year, the Alliance of American Football drew 2.9 million viewers for its first game. The AAF never reached anything remotely close to that again and shut down before completing its first season.

But the XFL has a much better TV deal than the AAF had. After that first AAF game aired on CBS, other games moved to TNT, NFL Network, CBS Sports Network and the streaming B/R Live service. The XFL will continue to air on ABC, FOX and ESPN throughout the season.
LINK

The XFL’s debut game drew 3.3 million viewers.

ABC announced that number today and added that the viewership peaked at the end of the broadcast, which is a good sign that the game kept fans interested.

Last year, the Alliance of American Football drew 2.9 million viewers for its first game. The AAF never reached anything remotely close to that again and shut down before completing its first season.

But the XFL has a much better TV deal than the AAF had. After that first AAF game aired on CBS, other games moved to TNT, NFL Network, CBS Sports Network and the streaming B/R Live service. The XFL will continue to air on ABC, FOX and ESPN throughout the season.
LINK
Allow me to add also FS1. That channel and ESPN hurts the cord cutters like me on OTA unless acquire a streaming subscription. Most are on the ABC and Fox tho and the playoff game and championship is on ESPN.

The XFL will continue to air on ABC, FOX and ESPN throughout the season.
LINK

ABC and FOX are broadcasting ESPN's productions of the games. All the announcers and crews are ESPN guys, which I don't care for. Personally, I prefer the announcers (NFL that is) on CBS and NBC over FOX or others. That halftime crew for FOX is horrid. LOL

Allow me to add also FS1. That channel and ESPN hurts the cord cutters like me on OTA unless acquire a streaming subscription. Most are on the ABC and Fox tho and the playoff game and championship is on ESPN.

I'm debating a subscription to YouTube TV streaming service to pick up those non-broadcast games. Or you can check out FUBO TV. FUBO is more expensive, but has a much more extensive sports streaming package than does YouTube.

The tackling in this new league is really good for being the first game of their first season. Something the NFL could learn from. Also the officials of the XFL let the players play a lot more than the officials in the NFL let their players play. The officials also didn't waste a lot of time between their calls and the next downs and the plays that were reviewed were done much faster than we have been accustomed to in the NFL.

The quality of football was quite a bit better than I expected. Much better than the original XFL's launch. While it was not a perfect beginning it was not far from it. I also liked the few innovations they added to this league. It will be interesting to see if the NFL incorporates any of these innovations to their league. They added innovations from all the other spring leagues. I also can't wait to see this leagues over time rules take place. If the league does not get cute or try to do too much and as long the level of play gets a bit better and maintains that level I can see it succeeding.
I find it interesting how the coaches and game strategy corresponds to time clock and game calling with the new rules. All these coaches have to learn and adjust to that. I think for WRs RBs having to only keep one foot inbounds after catch or run. The kickoff rule appears to be more exciting with more returns but also safer.

I'm debating a subscription to YouTube TV streaming service to pick up those non-broadcast games. Or you can check out FUBO TV. FUBO is more expensive, but has a much more extensive sports streaming package than does YouTube.
I assume you are a cord cutter like me. I'm thinking about SlingTv. i had it a long time ago. right now til feb 12 its $5 first month its a slingtv anniversary. It has ESPN and FS1. I think its the blue package.

I assume you are a cord cutter like me. I'm thinking about SlingTv. i had it a long time ago. right now til feb 12 its $5 first month its a slingtv anniversary. It has ESPN and FS1

Cut the cord years ago. 99% of anything I care to watch is available on either Netflix or Amazon. My HBO subscription is through Amazon. And I'm about ready to cut Netflix, they've run out of stuff I want to watch. I may drop Netflix and add Youtube or something. Any subscription service I get for the XFL games is only for as long as the XFL is in season anyway.

Back