Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Would you make a trade before the trade deadline?

Lots of comments on trades made in the last few years, but from the Herschel Walker mega-trade to 2013, the were very, very few in-season NFL trades. The last few years have been an aberration from the norm during that time period. So have a lot of other traditional rarities. Missed PATs, going for 2, going for it on 4th down.

I think the norm is changing overall in the league. Even the types of player for picks and player for player deals during the off-season seem to have increased over the last handful of years (seemingly I did not look it up). the core of talent acquisition is the draft, but teams have been more aggressive in using other ways to get players.

I would definitely entertain packages that included Clowney. Especially if you can get P2 in an even swap. I'd be working the phones using Clowney to try to address every single position of need. As far as players that may be available, I'd make a hard run at P2.

Draft picks are only as good as the person making them. I'll happily give up draft picks for proven NFL talent. It's trading draft pick for more draft picks that gets me. The draft is a total crapshoot.

It costs more to do business this way.

Imagine if at the trade deadline Gaine went out and taded for Jenkins and a decent LT. If that was to happen and Watson stayed healthy this is a contender.

Man, was driving home last night and Texans all access with John Harris and Vandermeer were pushing the OT situation saying how nice it is to have "talented" young tackles who were learning, getting better and building for our future. Then they had Gaine on talking about Lamm as UDFA and what our player development and coaching does for these men. Lamm has gotten better, but for key positions like OT, starting with this level of talent takes too long, never has a high ceiling and gets our man killed in the process. Sometimes the propoganda bus needs to be called BS. So much better than having a Brenno who was on a slow decline. I get their point, but what a spin job/ Show me 5 games in a row some real improvement and we can talk, not just we pushed the Jags around in the run game and reduced pressures. Compared to what, the god awful stats we piled up twice as bad on pressures as rest of the league?

Man, was driving home last night and Texans all access with John Harris and Vandermeer were pushing the OT situation saying how nice it is to have "talented" young tackles who were learning, getting better and building for our future. Then they had Gaine on talking about Lamm as UDFA and what our player development and coaching does for these men. Lamm has gotten better, but for key positions like OT, starting with this level of talent takes too long, never has a high ceiling and gets our man killed in the process. Sometimes the propoganda bus needs to be called BS. So much better than having a Brenno who was on a slow decline. I get their point, but what a spin job/ Show me 5 games in a row some real improvement and we can talk, not just we pushed the Jags around in the run game and reduced pressures. Compared to what, the god awful stats we piled up twice as bad on pressures as rest of the league?

That's why it was radio....can't see the crack pipe being passed....LOL.

Harris and Vandy our team employees, they don't get paid to go on air and be critical of the team. I hear if you catch Harris off the clock, he gives his real opinions and he is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to football

Bob McNair for Jerry Jones

So you want an owner who has admitted if a GM had the same track record as himself he would have already fired him, yet he still continues to be the teams GM? Getting notoriety means so much to him that he ran his 2 time superbowl wining HC out of town because Jimmy was getting all the credit and poor little Jerry wasn't.

So you want an owner who has admitted if a GM had the same track record as himself he would have already fired him, yet he still continues to be the teams GM? Getting notoriety means so much to him that he ran his 2 time superbowl wining HC out of town because Jimmy was getting all the credit and poor little Jerry wasn't.
Right. Jerry Jones is sorta entertaining sometimes, well actually probably the most entertaining thing about his team, but the man is maybe the second most narcissistic person in the country but he's anything but my role model for an NFL owner.

Harris and Vandy our team employees, they don't get paid to go on air and be critical of the team. I hear if you catch Harris off the clock, he gives his real opinions and he is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to football

Exactly. They are team employees. I can take Harris, but Vandy and his everything is rainbows and sunshine voice annoys me.

2018 NFL Trade Deadline: Ten trades contenders should make for a Super Bowl, playoff run

1. Le’Veon Bell to Texans
You can make a case for a pretty good number of teams who should consider trading for Bell. The Eagles still make the most sense of anyone, but we’ve written about them fairly ad nauseum. Instead, let’s look at the Texans as a possibility. In order for a Bell deal to work, you need a contending team willing to be aggressive in need of running back help. Houston fits the bill: the Texans are first in their division (somehow!) and are a very viable AFC South champion, even if you don’t buy into their current four-game winning streak. Houston got bold last year in the draft, giving up future picks to acquire Deshaun Watson.

Watson badly needs pass protection help and Bell is one of the best in the game. Houston ranks 25th in rushing DVOA and Bell would improve their ground attack while giving Watson a much-needed outlet. His presence would make life easier for DeAndre Hopkins as well. The Texans could be interested in a long-term deal for Bell too, with Lamar Miller looming as a likely offseason cut and D’Onta Foreman unable to get on the field and produce. This is a really underrated landing spot

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ers-should-make-for-a-super-bowl-playoff-run/

Much as I like Bell, can’t help think this move would destroy team unity, especially Miller and Blue. If Texans don’t re-negotiate current players contracts once season begins (Clowney/Hopkins) how would they address Bell.

Like the player just not the timing. Unless they reach deals with current players that reflect value to team moving forward.

Much as I like Bell, can’t help think this move would destroy team unity, especially Miller and Blue. If Texans don’t re-negotiate current players contracts once season begins (Clowney/Hopkins) how would they address Bell.

Like the player just not the timing. Unless they reach deals with current players that reflect value to team moving forward.

Hopkins is the first year of deal that makes paid as top 5 WR..Clowney the Texans are going to have to figure out no matter what..I hope that Blue and Miller know who they are in relation to Bell in the big picture NFL. IMO, it would not be hard to sell Miller as being an overpaid change of pace back and Blue is realistically barely in the NFL.

That said, about the only thing more shocking than the Texans trading for Bell to me would be my own winning the lottery w/o buying a ticket. Just don't see the Texans doing it.

The way the Texans move the ball between the 20’s and collapse in the red zone, Bell makes a lot of sense. But what would he cost in draft picks? And lately great RB’s that play immediately in the NFL can be found in the 4th round. Foster was an UDFA.

Before I made a big trade for Bell I’d have to be confident the Texans are SB contenders with him. I just don’t think I can say that about the Texans.

The way the Texans move the ball between the 20’s and collapse in the red zone, Bell makes a lot of sense. But what would he cost in draft picks? And lately great RB’s that play immediately in the NFL can be found in the 4th round. Foster was an UDFA.

Before I made a big trade for Bell I’d have to be confident the Texans are SB contenders with him. I just don’t think I can say that about the Texans.
If we traded for Bell he would soon be worn out for lack of an OL in front. Then we would shriek for a new RB. Build from the ground up. Get an OL first.

Peterson immediately jumps to a prime target of acquisition, IMO. He and a good draft would be awesome especially if our OLine improves exponentially after this Dolphin game. I would offer our first and another second day pick--a third? in 2020. Arizona at 1-6 is primed to 'battle' for high pick in draft so they should get going to honor the corner's request and since this draft is deep in corners get two great players round one to begin rebuild.

I have been pounding the table for a olineman and still will, but how good would this offense be with a strong 1-2 punch out of the backfield?
I would not be upset with Bell coming over about now...
P.S. with Fuller likely out with a possible ACL, Bell would make a lot of sense - fill two positions with one player.

Last edited:
Janoris Jenkins? Is Devanter Parker still available after last night?

I think a trade is more necessary now at 5-3 with a soft schedule than when you were losing. You got injuries all over the place. This is where Gaine needs to be proactive and help the team and let the fans know they are in it to win it.

Is Parker still on the trading block after the game he had tonight?

Janoris Jenkins? Is Devanter Parker still available after last night?

I think a trade is more necessary now at 5-3 with a soft schedule than when you were losing. You got injuries all over the place. This is where Gaine needs to be proactive and help the team and let the fans know they are in it to win it.

Not with Miami's current WR woes

Not with Miami's current WR woes

I'd still be surprised if he wasn't. His agent has come out and openly attacked Gase, Gase has already shown he doesn't care who you are if he doesn't like you he will send you packing

Reactions: JB
I'd still be surprised if he wasn't. His agent has come out and openly attacked Gase, Gase has already shown he doesn't care who you are if he doesn't like you he will send you packing

I hadn't heard that

I absolutely do NOT trade for an offensive player under 300lbs.

I'd trade a mid-late pick for Parker... IF they can also get a decent CB.

btw, Tyson had some moments last night. And please don't use Keyes in coverage on a WR or burner RB again

I could go with this but the cost in picks could be too much to overcome.
Yeah, that's why I would have liked for the Texans to trade Clowney for Bell straight up but I don't see that happening now since Clowney may be injured. Sheppard would probably demand some picks but who knows what the Giants are willing to accept. A third maybe?

I really don't want to give up any high picks... and Bell is still going to hold out without a new deal. Why give him one when you won't JDC?
Yeah I wouldn't want to give the Steelers any picks either. Probably would have been better if the Texans traded Clowney for Bell since both are on expiring contracts.

But what do I know, I'm just throwing trades out there like I do in Madden. lol

Yeah I wouldn't want to give the Steelers any picks either. Probably would have been better if the Texans traded Clowney for Bell since both are on expiring contracts.

But what do I know, I'm just throwing trades out there like I do in Madden. lol

Why would we gift another team the Clowney/Watt combo? I want the Clowney/Watt combo all to ourselves

Peterson immediately jumps to a prime target of acquisition, IMO. He and a good draft would be awesome especially if our OLine improves exponentially after this Dolphin game. I would offer our first and another second day pick--a third? in 2020. Arizona at 1-6 is primed to 'battle' for high pick in draft so they should get going to honor the corner's request and since this draft is deep in corners get two great players round one to begin rebuild.
I'd like to get Peterson but not using our 1st round pick. That's just another step in mortgaging the future.
He's really good, elite actually but 28 years old. Save that 1st round pick for the BPA in the 2019 Draft, an investment in the longer term.

You have now.

Posters here for the most part dont just make up stuff.

BTW, DeMaryius Thomas on line #1.

They still need a LT.

Never thought he was making stuff up... just hadn't heard it. I'm not 24/7 like you are

Would like to know if JJo is just out til after the bye or so before going beyond a 2nd for PP. I do like shopping on the Giants for a WR like Sheppard, they have shown willingness to trade. No on Bell, we dont need me first guys and running backs with lots of hits on them who want huge money. Dude can play, but think draft and $ capital better used on OL, CB, and now WR

That's his agent. Parker almost immediately came out and disavowed authorization for or agreement with the statements.

Dont worry the Texans wont trade for him because no trades ever get made during the season.

# DeMaryius Thomas come on down.

You think it makes you look cool to repetitively lie about what people say?

Lie?

I think we need to go back and recheck this thread. When I say we I mean you. Times in the NFL have changed.

The BOB haters, (BTW I advocated for a housecleaning.) are pretty salty this morning.

Last edited:
Lie?

I think we need to go back and recheck this thread. When I say we I mean you. Times in the NFL have changed.

Yes. I said in-season trades are rare. You started this none crap and I corrected that I said rare not none. Not only are you spamming it around the MB trollishly, you are misrepresenting what I said.

Yes. I said in-season trades are rare. You started this none crap and I corrected that I said rare not none. Not only are you spamming it around the MB trollishly, you are misrepresenting what I said.

You're a funny guy

Who do you think gets traded next?

Lie?

The BOB haters, (BTW I advocated for a housecleaning.) are pretty salty this morning.

Nah I was hating on him a couple weeks ago and I'm feeling pretty good right now. 2 games in a row where we came in with a solid game plan, good blocking scheme set up for our line, our team looked prepared to play from the first snap, and no detrimental clock management or game management issues. Why be upset with improvement? just hope it keeps trending that way instead of reverting back to what it has been in years past

Back