Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will we stomp the Titans' mule?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We need to hope for a shoot out and Watson is the best player on the field. They’ll kill us in trench warfare, we need these WRs to abuse their secondary in response.
They didn't kill the Texans in the trenches last year.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Couple weeks ago I said Tannehill was better than Watson and got laughed at .... but the stats sure seem to back up my assertion. He's been as good statistically as any QB in the league since taking over as the starter.
Was that based on his production in Miami or Tennessee? You know that those situations were completely different. Watson is just 1 game into his “much deserved” different situation.....only his still has all the other moving parts.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I'm saying Tannehil has been better than DW4 since he took over the starting position and it's not really debatable.
Sure it is.....fans in Miami thought Tannehill was a busted pick and didn’t shed a tear when he was out.

Tannehill didn’t become better until he was in a far superior situation.

Has Watson been in a far superior situation in Houston....his only stop?

76Texan

Hall of Fame
He didn't have to
Henry was running rampant
Against the Chiefs, he was 21 0f 31-2TD-0INT with a QBR of 75.6 and a rating of 108.1
That included a late TD in garbage time.
Like I said, the Chiefs scored 28 straight points.
Where were Tannehill?

In the WC card game, he failed to convert on 2 third and short, but the Pats were even worse.

Whether it was great defense by the Titans or Brady was just having one his worse day.
He failed to convert on 4 third and short (4 yards or fewer). The Pats also failed to convert on 2 third and 1 on the ground.

Tannehill didn't do anything really.
If he was Watson, we'd hear from steelb and others for sure.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Somehow AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith have me more concerned that Henry. Roby will have to maximize his game against Brown to contain him. J. Reid and the LBs will have to tag team to contain Smith. If both Brown and Smith are in for the same play, L. Johnson will have to protect the top.

The DL will have to place decent pressure on Tannehill, but we can't have Watt so concentrating on getting to the QB, that he let's the the RB run right past him like has happened on too many plays in the past (only 2 TFL in 5 games, both in week 2).

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Was that based on his production in Miami or Tennessee? You know that those situations were completely different. Watson is just 1 game into his “much deserved” different situation.....only his still has all the other moving parts.
I can't wait to revisit this post after the session is over

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Chiefs were playing a great defense
They shut Henry down to 69 yards on 19 carries
Where was Watson during 51-7?
The question is did Tannehill play better than Watson.
The answer is he did not.

You brought up Tannehill's numbers in the Chiefs game.
It doesn't prove the above point.

Watson was instrumental in the win against the Bills while Tannehill was riding the coat tail of Henry (you said as much) and the defense.

Are we clear on that or do you have a rebuttal?

76Texan

Hall of Fame
More importantly, Watson beat Tannehill head to head.

Tannehill needed 75 yards and a TD in garbage time to make his number more respectable.

The Texans didn't even have Watt while the Titans brought their complete team.

Texansballer74

The Marine
More importantly, Watson beat Tannehill head to head.

Tannehill needed 75 yards and a TD in garbage time to make his number more respectable.

The Texans didn't even have Watt while the Titans brought their complete team.
When the Titans did win we had our practice squad out there lol. They held Henry in check in the first half.

But in the first meeting we beat them 24-21 , held Henry to 89 yards . The first half we held them to 0 points and Henry wasn’t doing good at all.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
When the Titans did win we had our practice squad out there lol. They held Henry in check in the first half.

But in the first meeting we beat them 24-21 , held Henry to 89 yards . The first half we held to 0 points and Henry wasn’t doing good at all.
That is the key.
I hope the Texans come out slinging the ball early.
We need to get up on them by 2 scores to take away the effectiveness of Henry.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
The question is did Tannehill play better than Watson.
The answer is he did not.

You brought up Tannehill's numbers in the Chiefs game.
It doesn't prove the above point.

Watson was instrumental in the win against the Bills while Tannehill was riding the coat tail of Henry (you said as much) and the defense.

Are we clear on that or do you have a rebuttal?
I never said Tannehill played better than Watson, but you're acting like he's trash and that just aint so . That is all I was trying to show

Decim8

Veteran

But in the first meeting we beat them 24-21 , held Henry to 89 yards . The first half we held them to 0 points and Henry wasn’t doing good at all.
That's last year though, and this year so far we been absolutely terrible at stopping the run. Majority of the RB we faced so far have shredded us and they are no where as good as Henry.

My only hope for victory is that some how we build up a lead early in the hopes that the Titans abandon the running game and force tannehill to beat us with his arm.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I never said Tannehill played better than Watson, but you're acting like he's trash and that just aint so . That is all I was trying to show
Where did I act or say that he's thrash?

I just call 153 passing yards in 2 playoffs games not anywhere near good enough to win a playoff game, do you disagree?

Then you tried to bring up some stats in the Chiefs game for whatever reason, and I needed to add the fact that 75 of those yards and a TD was in garbage time.
Do you disagree?

Texansballer74

The Marine
That's last year though, and this year so far we been absolutely terrible at stopping the run. Majority of the RB we faced so far have shredded us and they are no where as good as Henry.

My only hope for victory is that some how we build up a lead early in the hopes that the Titans abandon the running game and force tannehill to beat us with his arm.

Last week they held Jacksonville running game under 100. Even though the Jaguars are not good , that was a positive. The reason being we seen them flying around to the football as a unit. They were gang tackling and holding their gap responsibilities. They also showed passion as well as determination. Henry is a monster , he led the league in rushing last year. But the only game he busted loose against us was in a game we didn’t play most of our starters. And even then we held him in check in the first half.

Here’s to hoping we keep him in check and coming out victorious

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Last week they held Jacksonville running game under 100. Even though the Jaguars are not good , that was a positive. The reason being we seen them flying around to the football as a unit. They were gang tackling and holding their gap responsibilities. They also showed passion as well as determination. Henry is a monster , he led the league in rushing last year. But the only game he busted loose against us was in a game we didn’t play most of our starters. And even then we held him in check in the first half.

Here’s to hoping we keep him in check and coming out victorious
I'm looking forward to a big game by Watt.
He needs to both protect the cutback lane and make sure to chase Tannehill if it turns out to be a play action roll out to his side.
The RT Kelly, isn't Conklin.
Watt needs to win big there.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
We like our chance with Tannehill, too. :ahhaha:
See you on Sunday.
I say, in general I always like our chances against the Titans.

Even when they are the better team they still find ways to underachieve.

Will that change this season... who knows, Im still not sold they arent the "same as they ever were".

Covid outbreaks cant last forever (I hope) so we will see if it is them or Covid as their 12th man. (I didnt see the Bills game, so I could very well be talking out my O'Brien.)

Til they prove otherwise.... a Titans gonna do what Titans do.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
You're really handing out the unlikes today @Texansballer74... lol
What did I say against Watson?
grow the hell up laddie
In all the years I've been on the original MB and this one, I have never understood the need to ever "dislike" any post, no matter how much I disagreed. That's when I would choose to either not respond at all when it would be too ridiculous a post, or respond to make my counterpoint. I've never even seen need to put a poster on ignore, no matter how annoying I have found them to be. I have only been given 2 "unlikes" during my entire time on both of the Texans MBs................both by Texansballer74. I harbor no malice and still enjoy communications with him under normal circumstances...........just personally find "unlikes" an unnecessary means in responding to anyone's post that does meet favorably or is even distasteful to ones own opinion.

Last edited:

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I say, in general I always like our chances against the Titans.

Even when they are the better team they still find ways to underachieve.

Will that change this season... who knows, Im still not sold they arent the "same as they ever were".

Covid outbreaks cant last forever (I hope) so we will see if it is them or Covid as their 12th man. (I didnt see the Bills game, so I could very well be talking out my O'Brien.)

Til they prove otherwise.... a Titans gonna do what Titans do.
I see two teams with fairly even talent.

Their first 3 games could have gone either way (and the ball bounced their way quite a bit more).
They beat a 1 win team Broncos (lone win against the 0-5 Jets).

They barely beat the Jags, a team we handled easily.

They barely beat the Vikings, a team that was quite depleted after playing us, and that kept shooting themselves in the foot.

And the Bills definitely shot themselves in the foot with a machine gun.

Normally, they would have the home field advantage; I'm not sure that means anything this year.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
That's debatable lol but one things for certain, they are the better coached team
We don't know if Vrabel is a better HC than RC at this point in time.
After all, Vrabel was his understudy.
I like the fact that Watson and the veteran players have more inputs in the game planning.
And Kelly had agreed to a shorter-quick strike game coupled with play action and roll-out etc. that suits Watson better.

Texansballer74

The Marine
In all the years I've been on the original MB and this one, I have never understood the need to ever "dislike" any post, no matter how much I disagreed. That's when I would choose to either not respond at all when it would be too ridiculous a post, or respond to make my counterpoint. I've never even seen need to put a poster on ignore, no matter how annoying I have found them to be. I have only been given 2 "unlikes" during my entire time on both of the Texans MBs................both by Texansballer74. I harbor no malice and still enjoy communications with him under normal circumstances...........just personally find "unlikes" an unnecessary means in responding to anyone's post that does meet favorably or is even distasteful to ones own opinion.

Interesting you never said this whenever CW does it. Why. But since I started doing it, now there's an issue

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Why do you have an issue with just about anybody that calls out your pettiness.

More need to call you out. IMHO You're way to invested. My question is why why are you so invested.
Why do you keep bringing up Watson in every thread? Why does JB ride your coat tails on every post? We could ask a million questions about your dislike for our QB. Instead, let’s focus on the game. Stop derailing topics.

34-27 Texans

Decim8

Veteran
Why do you keep bringing up Watson in every thread? Why does JB ride your coat tails on every post? We could ask a million questions about your dislike for our QB. Instead, let’s focus on the game. Stop derailing topics.

34-27 Texans
"Its gonna be 4 long years....."

Lol sorry couldnt help myself but yes the back and forth gets tiring, everything being said has already been said. I for once like to talk about something else...

In fact im on my way to the drunk thread :shots: 34 - 17 titans

banned1976

sleeper mode
Very entertaining thread.:slapfight:

I have used the “dislike” a few times in the past. It just seemed easier to do at the time than writing “stop derailing every thread“.

I’ve got that Karl guy and one other person on ignore. Sometimes you just reach an impasse with someone and there’s no reason to acknowledge that person anymore. This message board has an ignore function for us to use and I feel it’s better to use it than get into the same argument with the same person/people repeatedly. It’s not only a waste of time but it’s boring/annoying for other members of the board that want to have a casual conversation about the Texans without having to sift through pages of pettiness.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to this game. My interest in the Texans has been somewhat renewed with O’Brien departure. The offense looked better last Sunday and I hope the improvement continues on an upward trend.