Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Texans be a buyer at NFL trade deadline?

CB Patrick Surtain: Stingley + 2024 round 1 + 2025 round 1.
No. Surtain is good, but not that good. And the Texans are not finished building up their roster.

WR Davante Adams : 2024 round 2 + 2025 round 2 + X Hutchinson.
No way. Adams is 31 and not getting younger. He'll be cut from that ridiculous contract before that 2025 pick is made.
On a different angle: our round 1 to Green Bay for their two round 2s. Packers get their OT with their 1st and their OG with ours.

I like having three twos in this draft.
No one even knows where those picks land. A deal like that is done on draft day, usually on the clock.

No. Surtain is good, but not that good. And the Texans are not finished building up their roster.

No way. Adams is 31 and not getting younger. He'll be cut from that ridiculous contract before that 2025 pick is made.

No one even knows where those picks land. A deal like that is done on draft day, usually on the clock.
1. Surtain is exactly that good and facts support me (🤪). 2nd year he was All Pro. His contract is great for a trade.

2. For most receivers 31 is old but i have not found one saying Adams too old. Yes, after 2024 as I posted earlier, his contract is expensive but non GTD. A risk yes, but most bold moves are.

Any vet like these bring building blocks.

1. Surtain is exactly that good and facts support me (🤪). 2nd year he was All Pro. His contract is great for a trade.
It's the Tunsil deal, or worse. You give up premium picks in back to back seasons. Then have to pay the player the highest rate going for his position. Just completely unnecessary. Especially on a team that still has holes. And is going into free agency with over $75 million available.
Yes, after 2024 as I posted earlier, his contract is expensive but non GTD.
So spend (2) 2nd round picks for likely 1-1/2 of service?

It's the Tunsil deal, or worse. You give up premium picks in back to back seasons. Then have to pay the player the highest rate going for his position. Just completely unnecessary. Especially on a team that still has holes. And is going into free agency with over $75 million available.

So spend (2) 2nd round picks for likely 1-1/2 of service?
Good discussion! You're just looking at the picks rather than what is received. Tunsil became probowler after coming to Houston. PS2 already an All Pro in his 2nd year and everyone thinks he can get better especially in Ryan's defense.
Arguable best player at his position for less than $1 m avg for next 1 2/3 seasons? Give me all you can of those. He doesn't impact cap until 2025 and then pay the man.
Use that cap space you mentioned to get other quality players. DJ Reader is on my list.
There's no reason to think Devante wouldn't renegotiate '25 and '26 non-GTD millions into more reasonable GTD millions. He wants to win and Texans roster today will allow that.

Impressive to me is that as with the recent draft we are hearing nothing out of the Texans office on Kirby about the NFL trade deadline. Absolute mouth closed and I am very impressed. Also hope that a surprise announcement as with the trade-up for Anderson at round 3 is in the offing next Wednesday.

Impressive to me is that as with the recent draft we are hearing nothing out of the Texans office on Kirby about the NFL trade deadline. Absolute mouth closed and I am very impressed. Also hope that a surprise announcement as with the trade-up for Anderson at round 3 is in the offing next Wednesday.

Since when have the Texans office been vocal about their plans?

Now isn't the time to make trades using future picks unless long term extensions are made
Well of course, any trade should include extensions where necessary but that would apply basically only to Burns and perhaps Adams.

Last edited:
I hope we don't make any moves unless they trade someone for picks if someone gets desperate for someone we don't see a part of this team long term.

I hope we don't make any moves unless they trade someone for picks if someone gets desperate for someone we don't see a part of this team long term.
If they have the opportunity to add a difference maker such as Hunter I want them to take it

Leonard Williams traded.
The Seahawks are sending a 2024 second-round pick and a 2025 fifth-round selection to the Giants, per the sources.
The Giants are taking on most of the $10 million owed to Williams, sources told ESPN's Jordan Raanan.

Still pretty expensive for a 10 game rental unless they're pretty sure they can re-sign him

Raiders lost to Lions significantly tonight. I wonder what that will do to their position on Trading Devante Adams? Also I have seen a couple suggestions that teams have queried about trading for Maxx Crosby. He would be an even match for Brian Burns although year older and significantly cheaper for Houston as far as contract.

Raiders lost to Lions significantly tonight. I wonder what that will do to their position on Trading Devante Adams? Also I have seen a couple suggestions that teams have queried about trading for Maxx Crosby. He would be an even match for Brian Burns although year older and significantly cheaper for Houston as far as contract.
I like Crosby a lot

I like Crosby a lot
Yeah I mocked him to Texans coming from college and he's been all I thought. I didn't think he'd be available anymore than Surtain with Denver but rumors indicate maybe. If he is as unhappy as Adams and sources say he is, I would love both.
Difficult to do but we have some players plus picks that could interest
LV. Probably have to bonus out rest of 2023 for Maxx.

2023 isn't the tough part of Crosby's contract
There is no tough part of Crosby contract. He is owed ~$4 for 2023 and my comment about bonus was if we got Adams also and maybe not even then. $19 million in 2025 is no problem for projected cap.

Yeah I mocked him to Texans coming from college and he's been all I thought. I didn't think he'd be available anymore than Surtain with Denver but rumors indicate maybe. If he is as unhappy as Adams and sources say he is, I would love both.
Difficult to do but we have some players plus picks that could interest
LV. Probably have to bonus out rest of 2023 for Maxx.
I doubt they trade Crosby.

They probably trade Adams.

There is no tough part of Crosby contract. He is owed ~$4 for 2023 and my comment about bonus was if we got Adams also and maybe not even then. $19 million in 2025 is no problem for projected cap.
From Over the cap.com
1698730008609.png

Which would be very, very expensive in it's own right
The Seahawks are sending a 2nd round pick & a future 5th... we're already in expensive. If they want to resign him, average of top 5 salaries... it's about what they would pay anyway.

The main bad point for the team is they don't get to spread it out. Yes, that's very expensive in it's own right.

The Anderson pick involving multiple first rounders is all of the shock & awe I want from Casserio for his tenure as Texans GM because that guy tosses first round picks around as if the they grow on trees.
Matter of fact I'd prefer that he be grounded on making any decisions with first round Draft picks and limited to drafting and/or trading nothing any higher than third round picks.
Some of you guys think Hannah is an astute judge of football talent, OK so then let her handle the higher picks.

So where are you getting $19M for 2025 and what about 2024 and 2026?
In that link, it shows 2024 $86 million usable cap and that doesn't include possible players being traded, cut or contracts re-worked. I am not for pushing $ forward but it can be good to get or retain players.

A correction, the ~$19 m is 2024 and next two years ~ $21 m.
Only as an example to any who might not know:
2024 can be changed to a signing bonus in partial or full then the amount prorated over life of contract. Also, his contract could be extended including use of void years.

Part of that $86 m is for 2024 draft pool but if we trade picks that corresponding amount will remain in usable cap.

There are other ways to lower contract cost but depending on other players [I hope] brought in, none need to be used for Crosby or Adams.

The Anderson pick involving multiple first rounders is all of the shock & awe I want from Casserio for his tenure as Texans GM because that guy tosses first round picks around as if the they grow on trees.
Matter of fact I'd prefer that he be grounded on making any decisions with first round Draft picks and limited to drafting and/or trading nothing any higher than third round picks.
Some of you guys think Hannah is an astute judge of football talent, OK so then let her handle the higher picks.
I and I think others completely disagree with you about Nick Caserio's drafting.
I am still not sure what to think of Hannah's NFL football input.

I doubt we do anything at all. We aren’t a player away from a run. Also…cap issues galore right now.

If it were me, I would take a swing at Jerry Jeudy and that’s about it…but with Denver beating KC…they may suddenly be out of the fire sale business. Denver seems to be gelling and is back in the hunt.

I doubt we do anything at all. We aren’t a player away from a run. Also…cap issues galore right now.

If it were me, I would take a swing at Jerry Jeudy and that’s about it…but with Denver beating KC…they may suddenly be out of the fire sale business. Denver seems to be gelling and is back in the hunt.
People keep saying that we have salary cap issues. Since you just did could you explain what those are and why you think they are issues? I do agree that I doubt that we make any significant trades.

I and I think others completely disagree with you about Nick Caserio's drafting.
No doubt and it wouldn't be that much fun here if we all agreed on everything would it ?
I am still not sure what to think of Hannah's NFL football input.
Honestly I don't either but you know my comment was somewhat glib, but on the other hand who knows she might know much more about the NFL and evaluating football talent than we realize.

Chase young for a third?? Wow. Nick could have given em all of our 7ths!! Lol
He was the #2 overall only a couple years ago, he's only 24 and he's already got 5 sacks this year so apparently he's still productive.
What is he a crack-head, or what ? Something is missing from this picture.
How do you get a major talent that young for only a third ?

He was the #2 overall only a couple years ago, he's only 24 and he's already got 5 sacks this year so apparently he's still productive.
What is he a crack-head, or what ? Something is missing from this picture.
How do you get a major talent that young for only a third ?
Missed games for "significant " knee injury and had neck stinger at some point. Side note 2024 is 5th year option but IDK if it was picked up. Young will be expecting a huge extension and some teams probably uneasy to commit.

Back