Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Texans be a buyer at NFL trade deadline?

Maybe the coaches are going over this and this is part of the rookie learning curve. As good as Stroud's been there's still stuff like this that's part of the learning curve.
I really hadn't noticed an issue with Stroud. Except that he may be the one checking to a basic run play on 1st down. It may not be the coach calling it.

But it's an issue that we've complained about for years. All the inexperience we've had a QB for a while now, they may have been instructed to check to the run if they didn't like the look. Hopefully we'll have some continuity at the position & move past all the 1st down runs.

Unless somebody is just giving away the shop for next to nothing I kinda hope we don't get active at the trade deadline. I don't want to see them giving up picks just when it's starting to look like they actually know how to make decent picks. Also as has already been pointed out repeatedly we need those rookie contracts and not more big veteran deals.

One thing I might think was worth doing was if somebody came calling for Mills or (and don't hate me) Pierce I'd consider it. Singletary has a much better feel for this system. Pierce is a battering ram. Singletary has that plant your foot, cut, and go game down. He isn't Arian Foster but he's not running into his blockers all the time. If real value was offered I'd consider letting Pierce go for it.
Interesting, which big contracts other than Tunsil? Howard and Mason 2 of our 3/5 ths oline vets are arguably overpaid but protecting CJ not an obstacle to bringing in FAs or trade.

I agree trading Pierce or Davis Mills or Greenard could be a smart move especially if packaged for one of the more enticing possible trade Partners out there.

I'd be fine if they do. Fine if they don't.

It's hard to tell when lightning is going to strike. But if you were to argue this could be a Super Bowl team with Jerry Jeudy, I'm not going to disagree.

However, if it doesn't work out I feel free to renounce ever agreeing to such a cokameinee idea.
You think this roster with Jerry Jeudy could be a Super Bowl team? That's interesting as I think they would be a playoff team. If SB were the case, I would definitely go at him and then try to bring in one of the other big ticket guys even if I had to pay somebody like Brian Burns. If we are in the Super Bowl hunt I would say go after everybody you can get.

You think this roster with Jerry Jeudy could be a Super Bowl team? That's interesting as I think they would be a playoff team. If SB were the case, I would definitely go at him and then try to bring in one of the other big ticket guys even if I had to pay somebody like Brian Burns. If we are in the Super Bowl hunt I would say go after everybody you can get.

^^^^
This
Interesting, which big contracts other than Tunsil? Howard and Mason 2 of our 3/5 ths oline vets are arguably overpaid but protecting CJ not an obstacle to bringing in FAs or trade.

I agree trading Pierce or Davis Mills or Greenard could be a smart move especially if packaged for one of the more enticing possible trade Partners out there.

Off of this roster Pierce is the only guy I would consider trading, something like Pierce and a 2025 4th for a 2024 4th.

I might consider trading Mills if I could get a 2024 3rd for him. But with the way QB's are getting hurt Mills is more than a luxury.

Baby steps bb.
We're still rebuilding and cap space is an issue.
Build a better team and better players will want to come here and new guys bring new skills to teach and emulate. It also allows NC to cast off the deadwood.
In the meantime, your rookies and young guns are gaining valuable experience.
Pre-Saints, I would have agreed but listening today, I heard a rundown on games and schedules. We could be looking at Division championship. If that's a reasonable future [not saying yes at this point], would Hannah say go for it?
29 year old Hunter while solid may be < interesting than 25 year old Brian Burns or 23 year old Surtain coming of ALL PRO 2022 with great contract 3 years left.
Please don't be one of those guys that we see every year that claim we have a salary cap issue when we do not. At least do a little research.
🙂
I am cautious also but beginning to become less so as I see what's going on the field.

His value may rise as a quality backup, but not for a starter. At most I wouldn't expect much more than a 4th or a 5th for Mills. And he's worth more to us than someone else's 4th IMO.
I disagree if I could get a round four for Davis Mills it is a done deal. Case Keenum can back up Stroud if necessary.

I'm not giving up the draft compensation AND the extension it would take to trade for Burns. Next offseason I would be all for bringing in a guy like Burns in FA. They've got the money to spend and obviously with them bringing in Hyder/Sanders they think Edge is still a need even after drafting WA.
Well I agree with you on the compensation plus the extension for Burns in my opinion there are no other players like him in free agencies this offseason.

^^^^
This

Off of this roster Pierce is the only guy I would consider trading, something like Pierce and a 2025 4th for a 2024 4th.

I might consider trading Mills if I could get a 2024 3rd for him. But with the way QB's are getting hurt Mills is more than a luxury.

Pierce is the only one I'd trade who would actually net anything of value. The others we either need to keep or trading them would be a wash. With Pierce it would only work if you got something equitable in trade (a player you valued or picks you felt were worth his value) and we'd be parting with a good back who maybe fit the trade partner's offense a little better. Even then I don't know. We're not as close as a lot of people seem to think (IMO) so there's not that much of a hurry. Nothing that won't wait until the off-season. I keep coming back to your statement about seeing what this roster can do. Maybe Pierce puts it together before the end of the year and gets scary good?

Overpaying for someone if we have no alternatives isn't as bad as it seems to me. If you need him you need him but it just goes against my grain to do it. Hate having a guy like that on the team who is cleaning up and not really earning it so much. I guess we are there at that point though. Haven't been drafting well long enough to be able to afford not to.

Overpaying for someone if we have no alternatives isn't as bad as it seems to me. If you need him you need him but it just goes against my grain to do it. Hate having a guy like that on the team who is cleaning up and not really earning it so much. I guess we are there at that point though. Haven't been drafting well long enough to be able to afford not to.
Howard and Tunsil are earning by doing what they're paid to, keeping Stroud on field. As they get better so will he and vice-versa.

Would our round 2 in 2024 + Greenard + round 2 in 2026 convince Carolina?
Both Greenard and Burns are on expiring contracts. If Carolina plans on getting maximum value for Burns, they will wait until they franchise tag Burns next offseason. The estimated franchise tag for DEs is $21.6 million. Is Burns worth that, or a multiyear contract that averages that?

Both Greenard and Burns are on expiring contracts. If Carolina plans on getting maximum value for Burns, they will wait until they franchise tag Burns next offseason. The estimated franchise tag for DEs is $21.6 million. Is Burns worth that, or a multiyear contract that averages that?
Everything I read regardless of the source says Burns is worth approximately 25 to 30 million a year in a contract. That is hard for me to accept. I am looking at offering a trade for
Burns that includes Greenard to replace Deshaun Williams who is also in his last contract year. Greenard is a much better player with more upside and Carolina should be willing to pay him. Supposedly as Panthers turned down two round ones and a second round for Burns last year, they do not want to gamble again. The price supposedly would be much less than that. Gross-Matos a 2020 round two would move into Burns starter role.

I think most consider Danielle Hunter a level below Brian Burns. He is good but on the downside of his career and it's not expected to draw anywhere near as much in trade compensation. I do realize he is having a good year and is a very solid player.

I think most consider Danielle Hunter a level below Brian Burns. He is good but on the downside of his career and it's not expected to draw anywhere near as much in trade compensation. I do realize he is having a good year and is a very solid player.
Hunter's had a much better yr so far this yr. 8 sacks

He's 28 yrs old and usually an athletes prime yrs are age 27-32. I hope Caserio brings him home on a 4 yr FA deal after this season.

Adams would be cheap rest of this season and 2024 but WOW after. 31 now and 33 YOA when base salary explodes. Would he be willing to re-work? See end of my post.

His 22.75 million fully GTD was paid in signing bonus + 2022 season.

He was on roster 2023 and got a $20 million roster bonus but according to Spotrac it was treated as signing bonus and Raiders own that.

Good news, 25 & 26 seasons huge amounts not GTD. If he likes it here after 23 & 24, he could re-work for lower cap hits and GTD $.

These are the kind of deals I hope that Caserio is considering whether he pulls the trigger or not.

*3-4 Raiders play 3-4 Lions Monday before Tuesday's trade deadlines.

The verbal non-interest changing closer to trade deadline. Lol

Nick do it:

CB Patrick Surtain: Stingley + 2024 round 1 + 2025 round 1.
May even get a 5th round kicked back.

WR Davante Adams : 2024 round 2 + 2025 round 2 + X Hutchinson.

A positive cap wise, neither contract has to be adjusted.
I keep wanting to add a pass rusher but next two games may show we have our 2024 starters in Dylan Horton and Tyjai Sanders. I continue to be good with using Greenard and Mills along with Pierce to improve the team via trade.
On a different angle: our round 1 to Green Bay for their two round 2s. Packers get their OT with their 1st and their OG with ours.

I like having three twos in this draft.

edit: As Denver needs interior defensive line to match their NG, let them keep the round five then trade Sheldon Rankins as part of above for WR Jerry Jeudy.

Last edited:
thoughts on trading RB Pierce to LA Chargers for Tuli Tuipolotu? I remain high on his career.

Tuipulotu has a powerful build to play along the defensive front. He offers a pro-ready frame based on how dense he is all the way through. He showcased alignment diversity to play in different spots and fulfill different roles for multiple fronts, which should offer a firm floor for all 32 franchises in evaluating his potential fit within their personnel. He’s got heavy hands and the ability to really shock blockers to win knockback at the point of attack—I thought some of his best reps in gap control came head-up on offensive tackles with stunning upfield push. He’s got a pretty hot motor, too. He looks to spin off blocks and double back into the flow of the football. He’s made a handful of secondary plays that weren’t initially there for the taking. One of my favorite such plays came against Washington State on a fourth-down QB run in the low red zone. He collapsed initially to squeeze his gap and peeled back off reactively to square up and absorb the quarterback for a run stuff. This is a violent hitter who absorbs contact from ball carriers effortlessly.
Perhaps the most intriguing element of Tuipulotu’s resume is the growth he illustrated in 2022 with becoming a much better finisher. I think he flashed a closer mentality with his big splash plays in obvious passing situations—he really ramped up pressure on third downs and showcased a strong nose for the football in the backfield. His first step and fluidity looked better in 2022 as well—it appeared as though he dropped some weight off his frame to become a more functional athlete. It paid off big time and I thought he was still able to sustain a lot of his power to collapse angles while being more equipped to win off the edge, too.
The variance in his roles offers universal appeal, but depending on where he lands, I could easily see him being a firm role player or a more significant starter. It is a bit of a challenge to foresee a team threading the needle to get his best early-down version and his best passing-down version at the same time, so he may be regarded as a bit of a tweener unless he’s asked to really pick a lane and commit. I like his ability to stack up tackles in the run game as a base end but I don’t necessarily see the length and pass rush capabilities to consistently win off the edge that isn’t power-oriented. His ability to play inside is more predicated on initial quickness and penetration—he’s more effective inside as an attack defender but when he flows laterally. I’m not sure how he will consistently hold ground and avoid being bubbled off the point of attack. He could fill a role for either gap control or penetration systems but I’m just not sure he’s ready to be an every-down player in either.

I like this. The Adams family will never trade with the Texans
Middle fingers is about the only trades that would be made.

IF I were serious about a trade to aquire Henry I would do so through another team.

Of course Im not sure how you get that done so quickly.

The Texans would pay out the.... nose... but if Henry is your true target.... penalties, picks etc... its gonna cost but at least at the end of the day you got your guy.

The Adams' would never let that happen otherwise.

Cleveland Browns are in a really bad place dealing with DeShaun Watson. I wonder if we could make a trade package that would entice them to give up Myles Garrett? My first thought was absolutely no way! However they really need an offensive tackle and with no first round pick, our round one plus... ? Might entice their owner who remains the shame among owners.

I think Browns are going to start moving up in 2024 draft and their former pick could be worth 'tanking' for.

Cleveland Browns are in a really bad place dealing with DeShaun Watson. I wonder if we could make a trade package that would entice them to give up Myles Garrett? My first thought was absolutely no way! However they really need an offensive tackle and with no first round pick, our round one plus... ? Might entice their owner who remains the shame among owners.

I think Browns are going to start moving up in 2024 draft and their former pick could be worth 'tanking' for.
I say stay away from the Browns until the offseason. What their defense is doing is not sustainable, as one of their star guys will eventually go down with an injury. Hell, even if they stay healthy on defense they will only screw themselves by being good enough to reach the playoffs but not good enough to get past the first round and too low in draft order to draft those can’t miss guys. I want no part in helping Derapist get any more weapons.

Some of y’all are crazy. And by some, I mean one of y’all is crazy.

I am not interested in a temp rental like Henry. Plus there are major cap implications. No thanks. I’m still on the Jerry Jeudy gravy train. That’s a guy that might come cheap, still young, with high upside.

What they need is an offense that could make the likes of Jimmy Garoppolo or Brock Purdy look good. Then they can capitalize on that defense until Deshaun decides to stop playing around.

I say stay away from the Browns until the offseason. What their defense is doing is not sustainable, as one of their star guys will eventually go down with an injury. Hell, even if they stay healthy on defense they will only screw themselves by being good enough to reach the playoffs but not good enough to get past the first round and too low in draft order to draft those can’t miss guys. I want no part in helping Derapist get any more weapons.
I understand your point of view but I really don't care about the Cleveland Browns if I can land a player like Myles Garrett. Also an offensive tackle could make Watson better but I would not think that would be a weapon.

What they need is an offense that could make the likes of Jimmy Garoppolo or Brock Purdy look good. Then they can capitalize on that defense until Deshaun decides to stop playing around.
I am not interested in making Browns better in any way but if it gets me a defensive pass rusher like Garrett I'm down with it. He and Patrick Surtain are what we need to be looking at.

in the hoping a player (former Bronco) returns to from of two years ago & not the most recent s
in the hoping a player (former Bronco) returns to from of two years ago & not the most recent season.
Jeudy has the stats just not the snaps.

Some of y’all are crazy. And by some, I mean one of y’all is crazy.

I am not interested in a temp rental like Henry. Plus there are major cap implications. No thanks. I’m still on the Jerry Jeudy gravy train. That’s a guy that might come cheap, still young, with high upside.
What upside? What has he done in 4 years? Garrett Wilson produced minus a qb. Terry McClarin produced minus a qb. Pittman produced minus a qb. When will he produce? Yes Henry is a rental, but if he performs well, you could resign him and put him in a rotation. We know his effectiveness.

I would give the Browns their pick back and a 2025 1st to bring Garrett home. The Browns aren't trading him.

I would give the Browns their pick back and a 2025 1st to bring Garrett home. The Browns aren't trading him.
I agree on package and that Browns will not trade. The two comments I saw were Browns fans who were disgusted with Watson but voiced needing OT and OG to give him best chance since DW isn't leaving.
Both suggested trading Myles to make team better.

Back