Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Texans be a buyer at NFL trade deadline?

Now we know why Devonte Adams was not traded at the deadline as both head coach and general manager terminated. Not sure that's going to fix things but it's probably a move in the correct direction.

So.. the answer is..
No. I am going to be optimistic and say that Nick checked out every player and doing his job, refused to be suckered into an unreasonable trade offer.

The pessimist view..

Makes me cry.

I'm just trying to stay on the edge of reality.

This no place for reality!

giphy.gif

And yet you would bring in Jerry Juedy? Juedy hasn’t played a full NFL season since he was drafted.

Fair point but I was only open to a day 3 pick. 4th round was my top pick willing to part with. I’d make that same deal for Chase You g. Straight up for a 4th.

Depending on the cost I would definitely be interested in Patrick Surtain, but probably cost a lot. The offer in article is interesting.

WR Jerry Jeudy was high on my list out of school.His attitude in Denver isn't surprising but would it change in Houston with Stroud and our WR department?

I'm not very interested in Courtland.

I am ok with a first in 2024 for Surtain but after that, rather murky.
Our second round 4 for Jeudy?

Is Jeudy really good? He might be overrated. It seems he had not adapted to nfl well. I pass.

Is Jeudy really good? He might be overrated. It seems he had not adapted to nfl well. I pass.
He is that good or IMO he would've been traded. I think Denver's screwy management is issue. I do not approve of Jeudy's behavior during the first game against Kansas City and his actions directed at Smith. However I think he would have done great under Slowik with our quarterback.

He is that good or IMO he would've been traded. I think Denver's screwy management is issue. I do not approve of Jeudy's behavior during the first game against Kansas City and his actions directed at Smith. However I think he would have done great under Slowik with our quarterback.
We will never know

We need to get him a defense that can get off the field when they need to. Get him extra possessions when it counts.

I really think we are only a few pieces away from a very good defense. Sadly, I don't have much faith in Stingley's ability to be healthy for more than 10 to 12 games. So, IMO we need on D

1- CB or 2
2- True DT to clog up the middle and allow for my 3rd position to really take advantage of the offense trying to get outside with a huge DT not allowing much up the middle.
3- Another edge rusher. Anderson is looking good but if we had another DE or even OLB who can get to the QB...that would be great. Either they get the play going towards Anderson or he gets it going to them.

1- On offense we need more OL. By the end of the year we will know who can actually make lanes and pass block.

2- Another WR would be great or TE. More weapon for CJ

3- RB, unless DP starts playing like last season. I seriously think that he doesn't fit into the system. Be it his understanding or the way he runs. True, the OL isn't helping but, right now Singletary for the most part is out playing him. We can't be sure seeing DP has almost double the carries and yards. However, yards per attempt is 3.3-ish for DP and 4- something for Singletary. Showing per touch, Singletary is getting better gains.

Last edited:
I really think we are only a few pieces away from a very good defense. Sadly, I don't have much faith in Stingley's ability to be healthy for more than 10 to 12 games. So, IMO we need on D

1- CB or 2
2- True DT to clog up the middle and allow for my 3rd position to really take advantage of the offense trying to get outside with a huge DT not allowing much up the middle.
3- Another edge rusher. Anderson is looking good but if we had another DE or even OLB who can get to the QB...that would be great. Either they get the play going towards Anderson or he gets it going to them.

1- On offense we need more OL. By the end of the year we will know who can actually make lanes and pass block.

2- Another WR would be great or TE. More weapon for CJ

3- RB, unless DP starts playing like last season. I seriously think that he doesn't fit into the system. Be it his understanding or the way he runs. True, the OL isn't helping but, right now Singletary for the most part is out playing him. We can't be sure seeing DP has almost double the carries and yards. However, yards per attempt is 3.3-ish for DP and 4- something for Singletary. Showing per touch, Singletary is getting better gains.
My preferences:
1. CB agree and can be had round 2. I think Nelson will extend. Caserio brings in at least one FA vet mid to low cap hit.
My choice Kris Abrams-Draine
2. WR round 1 if Odunze avail. Unfortunately, he's climbing. Fortunately, good WRs in round two.
3. RB 100 % agree and round 3. My guy Dillon Johnson if he continues may not be here. USC defense wasn't great but this Washington player had 26 for 256 yards @ 9.8 with 4 TDs. He has 15 receptions for 107 @ 7 per after 9 undefeated games.

DE I am hoping Majai Sanders rules this out as a need. Have to get him on field.

DT As with Sanders, I hope we can resolve within in Dylan Horton. I also like Brandon Dorlus round 4.

I think Caserio trades at least one of our round 4 if not both.

Perhaps I wasn't only only one believing?
I never said it was just you. I also included crazy internet speculation. Which never dies, even after the fact. The Eagles and Niners, with their draft picks in the late 20's or 30's, would never have the capital to trade for Surtain. But thanks for making my point.
Cry over what? Deals that were fabricated on the internet or in your head? Were there deals actually consummated that you wish the Texans were in on?

I never said it was just you. I also included crazy internet speculation. Which never dies, even after the fact. The Eagles and Niners, with their draft picks in the late 20's or 30's, would never have the capital to trade for Surtain. But thanks for making my point.
And you think the trade only would involve draft picks? 🙄 you are speculating it is only speculation. You use to criticize my trades for draft yet teams began to trade up and back similar to Draft Day or Madden.

And you think the trade only would involve draft picks? 🙄 you are speculating it is only speculation. You use to criticize my trades for draft yet teams began to trade up and back similar to Draft Day or Madden.
It's rare,

Other than the 49ers mistake of trading up for Lance, what other crazy trades have been made?

I dont consider the Bears/Panthers trade to be a crazy trade. BTW, I like your crazy trade ideas.

It's rare,

Other than the 49ers mistake of trading up for Lance, what other crazy trades have been made?

I dont consider the Bears/Panthers trade to be a crazy trade. BTW, I like your crazy trade ideas.
without taking time to research because I am lazy today, I think some very wild yet significant trades began about three drafts ago.

without taking time to research because I am lazy today, I think some very wild yet significant trades began about three drafts ago.
What wild and crazy trade happened last draft?

I don't consider the WA trade to be a crazy trade.

Back