Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Fuller suspended 6 games

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
The point i was trying to make is that scouts even with all the experience they have can get it wrong too
I get your point and yes they can get it wrong but at the same time just because circumstances changed for a player doesn’t mean the scouts are wrong.

Let’s say you have a race between Richard Petty and Average Joe. Anybody who knows anything will say Petty will win and it won’t even be close. Now right before the race Average Joe gets to drive a race car and Petty has to drive a Honda Civic. So were all the people saying Petty would win easy truly wrong in their analysis and prediction or did circumstances change making it look like in hindsight that they were wrong?

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
fuller has shown that he's more than a speed guy that takes the roof off. Hes a very good route runner that for it not for his missed time, he'd probably be considered elite in that category.
Yes, but if I have to pick between 2 injury prone players Fuller and Cooks.

I will go with Cooks. He is more refined overall. Cooks is a concussion risk and Fuller is a random injury risk, now with a PED issue too. Both are at best 7-10 game players most years.

I'll ink either to a 3mil (2-3 year deals) at 1.5-2mil each year with it backloaded with incentives on games played, yardage and TDs.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Earl... You honestly don't like what NFL.com said? Hate to break it to you but it has been said since anyone started scouting him. In highschool and college and now the NFL. So, if you want to argue with 100's of scouts and football organizations at all levels and say you know more than they do (which is exactly what you're doing) feel free. But do us a favor...

Post the credibility you have over the 100's of scouts, coaches, general managers. Something tells me that you have zero experience. And combine they have a couple thousand years worth. So, saying they are wrong is flat out lunacy. Also notice not 1 said it was unable to be fixed, just that it was the same issue they saw (coach, scout, general managers...pick one).
I don't have a problem with what scouts wrote in 2017 and didn't say they were wrong. What am laughing at is you trying to paint this narrative that scouts are 100% accurate and even with NFL experience, maturity, coaching and awareness the draft profiles can still be 100% accurate and is totally relevant in 2020.

In 2020, beside you. No one cares about what draft scouts said about Watson arm strength or his INT rate because he has improved. For credibility, you simply have to look at his NFL stats and play. Does the number of turnover worthy plays, passes over 20+ yards, low INT rate, and deep ball accuracy still matches the draft profile? I have a simple question for you. According to the scouts, Mahomes and Watson should have been late round picks. If the 2017 draft was held today, do you think those scouting reports would deter the Jaguars, 49ers, Bears, Bengals or other teams from taking them higher? Do you think the concerns by draft experts about Aaron Rodgers' mechanics are still valid?

I'm done with this conversation with you. It's as pointless as you talking out your a$$ about Watson and Fuller using PEDs. As far as credibility or taking a draft report as 100%, this guy who scouts didn't even think was worth a 6th round pick, says hello.
1607202573004.png

Last edited:

Earl34

Hall of Fame
For anyone interested, here is a 2020 evaluation of QB weaknesses:

NFL quarterback kryptonite: The biggest weaknesses for all 32 of the 2020 starting QBs | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Deshaun Watson
Biggest weakness:
Taking too many sacks

Much like Russell Wilson, Watson has a balancing act to play between holding the ball to create explosive plays and taking too many sacks. There's plenty of room to improve for Watson, who led the league with 61 sacks in 2018 and ranked sixth with 44 in 2019. While Watson has an MVP-caliber highlight reel, he must cut back on the negative plays and improve his ability to find the open receiver quickly rather than inviting pressure and, in turn, putting more pressure on the Texans' offensive line.

Texansballer74

The Marine

NFL quarterback kryptonite: The biggest weaknesses for all 32 of the 2020 starting QBs | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Deshaun Watson
Biggest weakness:
Taking too many sacks

Much like Russell Wilson, Watson has a balancing act to play between holding the ball to create explosive plays and taking too many sacks. There's plenty of room to improve for Watson, who led the league with 61 sacks in 2018 and ranked sixth with 44 in 2019. While Watson has an MVP-caliber highlight reel, he must cut back on the negative plays and improve his ability to find the open receiver quickly rather than inviting pressure and, in turn, putting more pressure on the Texans' offensive line.
And guess what bro he’s improved on that as well over the last 8 games. Lol he’s only been sacked around 2-4 times since week 4.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

Deshaun Watson
Biggest weakness:
Taking too many sacks

I find that a pretty fair assessment. I think our o-line between tunsil and Howard should be overhauled. I like cook, I like Duke as a #2 rb, and I'd love to someday soon see what k. Warring can do. Everything else on offense (excluding Watson of course) is expendable.

As bad as that sounds, the defense is probably in worse shape.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Deshaun Watson, Texans
Biggest weakness: Decision making

Watson dominated the league during his abbreviated rookie season, but luck had a lot to do with his unreal production. With receivers bailing him out by making contested catches and defenders not capitalizing on easy interceptions, Watson’s interception total is deceiving. He had a lot of turnover-worthy throws that defensive backs dropped. Watson tends to hold the ball too long. Allowing other teams to adjust to what he is doing. Making smarter plays with the ball is paramount for Watson to lead his team deep into the playoffs.
Deshaun Watson
Biggest weakness:
Taking too many sacks

You guys do realize those two reports are saying pretty much the same thing in different words? At least the way I read them they look pretty much the same.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Report Rejected.

A used Ob is more competent than Ob.

Ahhh good ole trusty lady bullets......

We have gun laws to "keep us safe"... but no restrictions keeping us safe when the ladies fill the chamber with these bullets.

More have died for saying the wrong things with those bullets than 9mms.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Can we please use less offensive language? I know most don't care for the "politically correct" movement, but... I'm offended.

I'd appreciate it if you'd say, "the former HC of the Houston Texans, or Easterby's exbuddy, or Tim Kelly's old boss.
And you know goddamned well I'm not going to be using less offensive language. :lol:

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
You guys do realize those two reports are saying pretty much the same thing in different words? At least the way I read them they look pretty much the same.
I guess that depends on how you read it.

Some believe that "taking too many sacks" is a "lifestyle choice" while others will say they were born that way.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
And guess what bro he’s improved on that as well over the last 8 games. Lol he’s only been sacked around 2-4 times since week 4.
Exactly. Every couple of years, they have a do-over on a past draft. For laughs, I wanted to see the do-over for 2017 draft. Looks like the same draft experts have Mahomes and Watson going 1 and 2. As I thought. Hindsight and current performance trumps previous draft profiles:

2017 NFL Draft do-over: Mahomes to Browns; Bears skip QB
Redrafting the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF
Redrafting The 2017 NFL Draft | The Draft Network
Redrafting the loaded 2017 NFL Draft: Where Patrick Mahomes goes to Cleveland | RSN (nbcsports.com)

"There is still plenty to sort out when it comes to evaluating the 2017 Draft class, but knowing what we know now, things would look a lot different. While they weren’t without warts as prospects, there’s no way Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson wouldn’t be the top two picks which sets off the entire landscape of the first round as we previously knew it."

badboy

Hall of Fame
Yes, but if I have to pick between 2 injury prone players Fuller and Cooks.

I will go with Cooks. He is more refined overall. Cooks is a concussion risk and Fuller is a random injury risk, now with a PED issue too. Both are at best 7-10 game players most years.

I'll ink either to a 3mil (2-3 year deals) at 1.5-2mil each year with it backloaded with incentives on games played, yardage and TDs.
Neither Fuller or Cooks would be foolish enough to consider those numbers. Also Cooks is under contract why should he take lesser deal?

badboy

Hall of Fame

Here’s the wide receivers coming out in this year’s draft. Who you think will be there that has the potential to take Fuller’s place?
Based on those rankings my mock:

3.69 RB Najee Harris franchise type
4.101 WR Terrace Marshall I will be shocked he falls past round 2

4.110 CB Josh Jobe steal of draft
5.133 LT Dillon Radunz N.Dakota St..2019 zero sacks allowed as junior.
6 RB Rahmondre Williams Oklahoma

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
Does it make you feel any better that Bouye got popped?

It doesn't make me feel any better at all. Although watching these dumbasses try to explain away their actions is very entertaining.
Why would it make me feel any better? I have rules I have to follow every day so I can maintain my employment, provide for my family. I don't have any sympathy for those that get caught / can't follow the rules.

They broke the rule, knowingly or not, they need to pay the agreed price - get healthy come back next year, stay clean etc.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why would it make me feel any better? I have rules I have to follow every day so I can maintain my employment, provide for my family. I don't have any sympathy for those that get caught / can't follow the rules.

They broke the rule, knowingly or not, they need to pay the agreed price - get healthy come back next year, stay clean etc.
Quoted for truth

I had a feeling this would be your response. I'm in total agreement with this post.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’d like to know if WFV broke the rules knowingly or not. I’d hate to think he isn’t Texans worthy & been here for so long.

I wonder how much he’s been able to spread his bad influence on the team.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Fuller is a boob. And not the fun kind. The kind that when you get in there, a single curly hair is poking out. Gross. That happened to me once. I was a young man, she was a really pretty girl. We were both in the mood. Then that thing sprang out at me...

What were we talking about?
I just pictured and went through that whole thing in my head and damnit I'm at work and can't drink on the job to get it out. I blame you for this.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I’d like to know if WFV broke the rules knowingly or not. I’d hate to think he isn’t Texans worthy & been here for so long.

I wonder how much he’s been able to spread his bad influence on the team.
Fuller says it's his doctor's fault. I holler BS on that. How hard is it to peruse a list of banned medications to see if one prescribed to you is on that list.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Fuller says it's his doctor's fault. I holler BS on that. How hard is it to peruse a list of banned medications to see if one prescribed to you is on that list.
Not only that but if you are on your contract year and are playing to try and land a big pay day then why wouldn't you question every single thing a doctor gives you. Even if it was an injection given at the doctor's office I would still ask him exactly what it is then call the hot line and ask them before he gives you the injection. If the doctor has a problem with that then you should really question it and go to a different doctor. I get the argument that it was recommended to him by someone he trusts but even people I trust I still ask questions.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
At some point, you just have to say no to a substance (medication, etc. ) or, as Fuller appears to have done, accept the consequences of a tarnished reputation, monetary loss and the detrimental affects to your team.
There was a time when I thought he was lying about the doctor thing. But now two other players seem to have fallen for the same thing, I just don't think it's as "easy" as you would think.

There are people out there willing to deceive to make a buck. I'm just saying it's possible Will was victim to such a person. More likely than he himself is that person.

Understand I'm not saying he is/isn't the guilty party. Just that it may not be as easy as we think.

Do we know for a fact he had an accurate list of the ingredients the doctor sold him? & that list of ingredients plainly stated the ingredient in question?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
There was a time when I thought he was lying about the doctor thing. But now two other players seem to have fallen for the same thing, I just don't think it's as "easy" as you would think.

There are people out there willing to deceive to make a buck. I'm just saying it's possible Will was victim to such a person. More likely than he himself is that person.

Understand I'm not saying he is/isn't the guilty party. Just that it may not be as easy as we think.

Do we know for a fact he had an accurate list of the ingredients the doctor sold him? & that list of ingredients plainly stated the ingredient in question?
Hold up, are you saying this doctor was just cooking up medicine in his basement and handing it out? If Fuller went to a licensed, practicing doctor and they did that then that is grounds for criminal charges. I just don't buy that poor Fuller was a victim and was taken in by a shady doctor. There were tons of options open to him to find out and unlike us here he has the money and resources to use those options. He doesn't like the team doctors, fair enough then call up the players union and say "Hey I want a doctor I know that can examine and treat me and not give me anything on the banned items list." Also the fact that these guys aren't challenging the NFLs rulings tell me they know they have no case.

If he went to a legit doctor then he should have asked more questions and if he went to some back alley, cook you up a cocktail doctor then he deserves it even more. Fuller has been an athlete his entire life and so he has had to play by the rules of banned substances his entire life. NFL maybe more strict than others he has been in but again he's been in it years now so its not like he is some rookie coming in that hasn't adjusted from college.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

I understand what you're saying, but there's a very good reason that the NFL words this policy the way they do. If Fuller is a victim of inaccurate ingredients or something similar, he can always appeal the decision ala Duane Brown and his Mexico meat defense.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I have to imagine it's harder than we think.
He stated it was a prescription. The NFL has a 24 hour hotline available to players for the specific purpose of verifying if medications are banned or not.

So, unless dialing a telephone number and reading a prescription is harder than we think, Fuller is not very bright. Not to mention his agent. Or team doctors. Or even Google.

You give me the name of a prescription and I'd bet that this forum could verify if it is legal with the NFL by the end of the day. If a bunch of fans can figure it out, surely a profesional athlete with lots of options at his disposal can do it, too.

Occam's razor explanation is he was trying to avoid injury and complete a full season before his contract negotiations.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He stated it was a prescription. The NFL has a 24 hour hotline available to players for the specific purpose of verifying if medications are banned or not.
I go to the doctor & get a B12 shot... or some booster to fight off the flu. I have no idea what's in it. All I get is a bill. I don't know the details of Fuller's ordeal. But if he goes in for monthly prescribed injections, he may never see a list.

Either way... I'm not saying he's guilty or not. More information is needed.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I go to the doctor & get a B12 shot... or some booster to fight off the flu. I have no idea what's in it. All I get is a bill. I don't know the details of Fuller's ordeal. But if he goes in for monthly prescribed injections, he may never see a list.

Either way... I'm not saying he's guilty or not. More information is needed.
If the company you worked for specified certain drugs that were not allowed, you'd probably be more cognizant of what you were taking.