Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What is Watson's value in a trade?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Before the allegations. Would the 49ers have been willing to give up that same package for Watson? Now that would have been a story.
What could've been if your guy wasn't a Pervert.

I would've loved to see the MB's reaction after he was traded.

Truth is BOB should've traded him instead of Hopkins or traded them as a package to get the most value for them.It didn't happen due to marketing reasons.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Tua's play vs Pat's is moving DWs value up. 1 TD 1 INT 202 yds and 59 completion. 80 QBR.

Perhaps it is a confidence thing as it was when Schaub was injured?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Well if Watson is taking up a roster spot can we at least make him play special teams. Not for the reason of we need him but more to make him miserable. Hopefully someone smacks him a few times, and if he refuses to play I’m guessing we could suspend his paycheck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I do not want anyone smacking him. Unless he is found guilty and it's a judge. A healthy d w brings more in a trade. Texans aren't worried about spending 10 million so we should not be either.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I do not want anyone smacking him. Unless he is found guilty and it's a judge. A healthy d w brings more in a trade. Texans aren't worried about spending 10 million so we should not be either.
Yep, posters worrying about the McNair's money again. Almost as bad as worrying about what they can get in trade for this sexual predator.
Like the 52rd roster spot will make a difference in the team record

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Well if Watson is taking up a roster spot can we at least make him play special teams. Not for the reason of we need him but more to make him miserable. Hopefully someone smacks him a few times, and if he refuses to play I’m guessing we could suspend his paycheck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was just coming to post something similar lol. Make his ass be the returner on punts.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Would you care if he had a career threatening injury that tanks his trade value?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Why? He has a multi-year contract...

Rhetorical question. Don't feel the need to answer. I know what yours is.
Let's not forget that Watson does not want to play another snap for Houston. I also believe that Janice McNair does not want him to play another snap for her team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Would you care if he had a career threatening injury that tanks his trade value?
I know you didn't ask me this question, but my answer is it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he never played another down of NFL football. If it cost the Texans a few 1st rd picks then I would say that's the price ownership would have to pay for getting in bed with the 3rd string QB.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
Let's not forget that Watson does not want to play another snap for Houston. I also believe that Janice McNair does not want him to play another snap for her team.
He doesn't get a choice in the matter unless he's willing to start losing a sh!tton of money. And Janice can do what she wants.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I know you didn't ask me this question, but my answer is it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if he never played another down of NFL football. If it cost the Texans a few 1st rd picks then I would say that's the price ownership would have to pay for getting in bed with the 3rd string QB.
Texans drafted 'got into bed with' DW in 2017. No one suspected him of anything. They have done nothing to defend/protect DW and should pay no penalty such as loss of draft picks. Any purchasi g team now knows of legal/civil lawsuits and should be allowed to make trades.

Is there any evidence that the NFL commissioner has stated that Watson cannot be traded? If there is I do not recall seeing it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Texans drafted 'got into bed with' DW in 2017. No one suspected him of anything. They have done nothing to defend/protect DW and should pay no penalty such as loss of draft picks. Any purchasi g team now knows of legal/civil lawsuits and should be allowed to make trades.

Is there any evidence that the NFL commissioner has stated that Watson cannot be traded? If there is I do not recall seeing it.
Make bad decisions means you gotta pay the price.

The commish hasn't said anything because it's rather obvious either 1 of 2 things are going on. 1. No team wants to trade for him for obvious reasons (Jail/Suspension could be in his future.) 2. Cal/God'ell have a gentleman's agreement. Either way, he ain't playing this yr.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Make bad decisions means you gotta pay the price.
Analogy Time: Girl meets guy. Sweeps her off her feet, perfect gentleman, everyone loves him, treats her like a princess, get married for a happily ever after. A few years down the road she finds out he is a pedophile. In your scenario, she is to blame for saying yes to his marriage proposal.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Analogy Time: Girl meets guy. Sweeps her off her feet, perfect gentleman, everyone loves him, treats her like a princess, get married for a happily ever after. A few years down the road she finds out he is a pedophile. In your scenario, she is to blame for saying yes to his marriage proposal.
Nope, I'm saying that she's going to have to pay a price for misjudging the pedophile's character.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
What price is she going to have to pay?
The uprooting of her life, possible financial hardship, loss of trust in men as she meets other people she might be attracted too etc....

In a way and I didn't think about it this way, but the Texans/3rd string QB have alot in common with your analogy.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
The uprooting of her life, possible financial hardship, loss of trust in men as she meets other people she might be attracted too etc....

In a way and I didn't think about it this way, but the Texans/3rd string QB have alot in common with your analogy.
Don't want to put words in your mouth so asking for clarification:

Are you saying that she deserves to have all of these things happen to her, because she failed to find out that the man she fell in love with and married was secretly a pedophile?

I ask that because the tone of your "they have to pay the price" comment towards the McNairs seems to say they deserve whatever fallout comes with Watson because they drafted him.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Are you saying that she deserves to have all of these things happen to her, because she failed to find out that the man she fell in love with and married was secretly a pedophile?

I ask that because the tone of your "they have to pay the price" comment towards the McNairs seems to say they deserve whatever fallout comes with Watson because they drafted him.
Nope, what I'm saying is the McNair's gave a sexual predator a 156 million dollar contract, knowing what he and his running budy Hopkins were/had been up too. (Maybe they didn't know to what extent the 3rd string QB's perversion were.) But they definitely knew something was up or atleast they should have before handing out a contract like that. Anyways, regardless of what the McNair's knew or didn't know they are going to have to pay the price for this decision. Kinda like the hypothetical lady in your post.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
Nope, what I'm saying is the McNair's gave a sexual predator a 156 million dollar contract, knowing what he and his running budy Hopkins were/had been up too. (Maybe they didn't know to what extent the 3rd string QB's perversion were.) But they definitely knew something was up or atleast they should have before handing out a contract like that. Anyways, regardless of what the McNair's knew or didn't know they are going to have to pay the price for this decision. Kinda like the hypothetical lady in your post.
OK, I can see your point about paying the price of the extension. Clearly a lot was already happening at that time that we may never truly understand who knew what and when.

I had originally read your previous comments to be they should pay the price simply for drafting him. Which is obviously an unfair perspective.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

In your scenario she doesn't "deserve it" .... but she definitely must deal with it and any hardships it might bring.

One of those situations where "its not your fault but it is your problem".

That's very much my perception of the Texans situation with Watson , they had no idea he was doing these things , they just thought he was screwing willing groupies and really there's nothing at all wrong with that if that had been what he was doing. It wasn't .... and they are suffering the consequences of that.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In your scenario she doesn't "deserve it" .... but she definitely must deal with it and any hardships it might bring.

One of those situations where "its not your fault but it is your problem".

That's very much my perception of the Texans situation with Watson , they had no idea he was doing these things , they just thought he was screwing willing groupies and really there's nothing at all wrong with that if that had been what he was doing. It wasn't .... and they are suffering the consequences of that.
Should've done the background work before giving him that contract. Now they're going to pay the price.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We don't know that it's absolutely nothing right now.

All it has to be is below the Texans' demands for a deal to not get done as it currently isn't.
Wanna bet he doesn't get traded until after the depositions happen in February. Lets bet a yr donation to this site?

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Wanna bet he doesn't get traded until after the depositions happen in February. Lets bet a yr donation to this site?
I never said, nor even insinuated in fact, that he'd get traded any sooner.

I'm also not maniacally attached to this subject so that I post about it elevendy-hundred times a day, so there's nothing here for me to want to feel bet worthy about frankly.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I never said, nor even insinuated in fact, that he'd get traded any sooner.

I'm also not maniacally attached to this subject so that I post about it elevendy-hundred times a day, so there's nothing here for me to want to feel bet worthy about frankly.
I just wanted to know where you stood, now I know. Maniacally? LMAO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
From a team Watson wants to play for.

Imagine that, you grow up in a family that can't even afford decent housing. A brand new house is gifted to you.

& now you're getting paid $10M not to do the work you said you would.
That's the 3rd string QB's ungreatfulness on full display.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
From a team Watson wants to play for.

Imagine that, you grow up in a family that can't even afford decent housing. A brand new house is gifted to you.

& now you're getting paid $10M not to do the work you said you would.
He (his reps) negotiated a no trade clause legitimately. Why wouldn't they use it as best they can?

I don't like that it's a thing. But it's a thing that the team acquiesced and so here we are.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There are people obsessing on this subject. And yes, I'd go as far as to describe it the way I did. And I'm far from the only person to cast a dim light on this thread, even as far as wishing it away. But alas, people are free to wallow in the mania of their choosing. And so, ok.
Your mistaking my interest as wallowing. Certainly no mania here.

Fact is I've enjoyed the truth starting to come out. (The guys a selfish perv)

I'm looking forward to the trial. As far as this thread goes it's in the right place and there's new info put out daily. (See CnD's post today) Why do you want it to go away? You must not like the info your seeing in this thread. Justice will be done in it's due time you've just gotta learn patience. Then either the 3rd string QB will be in jail or he will be traded and you will get your wish for this thread to be moved. Personally I'm enjoying watching the arrogant mighty fall and I'm looking forward to judgement day. Whether he's found innocent or guilty really doesn't matter. If he beats the rap will see that the perv's gonna keep on perving. I mean look at the pic CnD posted upthread. Talk about a special kind of unawareness. Looks like thew only way the 3rd string QB will learn humility/awareness is going to be by the QB for the Mean Machine.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He (his reps) negotiated a no trade clause legitimately. Why wouldn't they use it as best they can?

I don't like that it's a thing. But it's a thing that the team acquiesced and so here we are.
Oh, he has every right to do this. He also deserves every bit of ridicule he's getting from the city of Houston. Like I said before this happened, Cal would regret signing this guy to that contract. I'm just surprised it took such a short amount of time for the 3rd string QB to screw up. I thought the screw ups would be limited to dumb on field play. Boy was I wrong. Anyways, Cal's going to have to pay for not doing the proper background checks before handing this Perv 156 mil.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member

NTC's are pretty rare even for franchise QB's .... I believe there are only 7 in the entire league currently. Watson , Wilson , Garoppolo , Brady & Pat Mahomes are 5 of the 7.

But lets be honest here , when you land a franchise QB , you have no desire to trade him so a no trade clause has little or no practical relevance under normal circumstances.

These are not normal circumstances.

I think after this debacle teams are going to write some protections in which revoke the NTC if the player refuses to play or some other unforeseen action on the part of the player that damages the relationship between player and team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
NTC's are pretty rare even for franchise QB's .... I believe there are only 7 in the entire league currently. Watson , Wilson , Garoppolo , Brady & Pat Mahomes are 5 of the 7.

But lets be honest here , when you land a franchise QB , you have no desire to trade him so a no trade clause has little or no practical relevance under normal circumstances.

I think after this debacle teams are going to write some protections in which revoke the NTC if the player refuses to play or some other unforeseen action on the part of the player that damages the relationship between player and team.
2 of the 5 that you listed will be traded by next offseason. POS/Jimmy G

Apparently there's more risk than meets the eye. Hopefully owners start doing thorough background checks before handing out NTC's.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Your mistaking my interest as wallowing. Certainly no mania here.

Fact is I've enjoyed the truth starting to come out. (The guys a selfish perv)

I'm looking forward to the trial. As far as this thread goes it's in the right place and there's new info put out daily. (See CnD's post today) Why do you want it to go away? You must not like the info your seeing in this thread. Justice will be done in it's due time you've just gotta learn patience. Then either the 3rd string QB will be in jail or he will be traded and you will get your wish for this thread to be moved. Personally I'm enjoying watching the arrogant mighty fall and I'm looking forward to judgement day. Whether he's found innocent or guilty really doesn't matter. If he beats the rap will see that the perv's gonna keep on perving. I mean look at the pic CnD posted upthread. Talk about a special kind of unawareness. Looks like thew only way the 3rd string QB will learn humility/awareness is going to be by the QB for the Mean Machine.
There's not new info put out daily though. There's simply not. There are many several days, even weeks, at a time where there's absolutely nothing new to add. There are days here or there where there is some new conjecture. There are new bits of leaked (mis)information. But there is certainly not new substantial info being put out daily. And there's certainly not enough new info to warrant the kind of sewing circle back and forth that goes on here by the minute.

The latter is why I'd prefer this thread to atrophy until something worthwhile actually does come out defining how this whole bunch of nonsense will settle itself.

Also one of the handful or so folks who live continuously in this thread trying to tell anyone else, much less someone hardly seen here who's actually just waiting this thing out, about patience.. well that's pretty good bud. Ya know, irony and whatnot.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member

I wasn't taking a side on the NTC being given.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
There's not new info put out daily though. There's simply not. There are many several days, even weeks, at a time where there's absolutely nothing new to add. There are days here or there where there is some new conjecture. There are new bits of leaked (mis)information. But there is certainly not new substantial info being put out daily. And there's certainly not enough new info to warrant the kind of sewing circle back and forth that goes on here by the minute.

The latter is why I'd prefer this thread to atrophy until something worthwhile actually does come out defining how this whole bunch of nonsense will settle itself.

Also one of the handful or so folks who live continuously in this thread trying to tell anyone else, much less someone hardly seen here who's actually just waiting this thing out, about patience.. well that's pretty good bud. Ya know, irony and whatnot.
I just pointed out 2 pieces of info that's been put out there today, yet you make this post. Why do you care since you don't come in this thread much, if you don't like it don't come in here at all. Looking at the number of posts in this thread, you're in the minority. I just don't get why you're so mean spirited about things, but I guess that's your schtick.

So you have a problem with how much I post. Why should I care? You've already said you don't like me.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I just pointed out 2 pieces of info that's been put out there today, yet you make this post. Why do you care since you don't come in this thread much, if you don't like it don't come in here at all. Looking at the number of posts in this thread, you're in the minority. I just don't get why you're so mean spirited about things, but I guess that's your schtick.

So you have a problem with how much I post. Why should I care? You've already said you don't like me.
Go ahead and point out the info that's been put out, legit info too btw not speculative bs, each and every day since this story broke.

I don't care so much. It's not that big a deal to me. Hence I don't drown myself in this thread like some folks.

How have I been specifically mean spirited? Honestly, where so?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I’m not saying they wouldn’t or shouldn’t. You pointed out a deal won’t get done if what is offered is less than what the Texans want.

I’m just adding a team can offer more than the Texans want & it still won’t get done if Watson doesn’t want to play for that team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Go ahead and point out the info that's been put out, legit info too btw not speculative bs, each and every day since this story broke.

I don't care so much. It's not that big a deal to me. Hence I don't drown myself in this thread like some folks.

How have I been specifically mean spirited? Honestly, where so?
Just search CnD's posts for 1.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I’m not saying they wouldn’t or shouldn’t. You pointed out a deal won’t get done if what is offered is less than what the Texans want.

I’m just adding a team can offer more than the Texans want & it still won’t get done if Watson doesn’t want to play for that team.
That's cool. And that just points to how little we know about how low his actual trade value is at the moment versus saying it's at it's absolute lowest now just because he hasn't been moved yet - which was what my first post was responding to to begin with. Awesome.