Wish to make a one time donation? Make it here.

What is Laremy Tunsil's worth in a trade?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Yep, let's get another young QB Carr'ed. Meanwhile let's spend those draft picks hoping to find a LT as good as Tunsil.

In 2024 when the Texans should be back in the playoffs ( provided their QB doesn't get killed) Tunsil will be 30 yes old, still in his prime and one of the best LT"s in the league.
LTs are proving to have a longer career of high level performance than other positions. Look at Andrew Whitworth and Duane Brown as examples. Jason Peters as well.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Remains to be seen if we have just a young Qb or a good young QB. I think we are going to slide around through 2022 and then get a QB. In meantime I want to draft for the future a team that will be ready for that future QB.
When you say future team, how far into the future are you looking, 5yrs ? Because if that's the case a 32 yr old Tunsil will still be in his prime when the Texans are SB contenders.

If you want to draft a QB in the next draft and you get the guy you want, dont you want a 28 yr old pro bowl LT protecting your guy? Or do you want another Davenport situation where at best the guy you draft starts out like Davenport did and learns enough to become a Tunsil type LT, meanwhile while the drafted LT is learning the young QB you drafted gets the crap beat out of him for a yr or 2 like Carr/Pervert did. Or worst case scenario you draft another Davenport and he sucks like Davenport did and after 3 yrs and your young QB gets the heck beat out of him( torn ACL) for 3 yrs, then your back looking for a LT again. No thanks, I pay Tunsil and give the young QB you chose his best chance to succeed.

Of course if you gave me a deal better than the 1 Miami got I probably would do the deal. But that ain't happening.

badboy

Hall of Fame
When you say future team, how far into the future are you looking, 5yrs ? Because if that's the case a 32 yr old Tunsil will still be in his prime when the Texans are SB contenders.

If you want to draft a QB in the next draft and you get the guy you want, dont you want a 28 yr old pro bowl LT protecting your guy? Or do you want another Davenport situation where at best the guy you draft starts out like Davenport did and learns enough to become a Tunsil type LT, meanwhile while the drafted LT is learning the young QB you drafted gets the crap beat out of him for a yr or 2 like Carr/Pervert did. Or worst case scenario you draft another Davenport and he sucks like Davenport did and after 3 yrs and your young QB gets the heck beat out of him( torn ACL) for 3 yrs, then your back looking for a LT again. No thanks, I pay Tunsil and give the young QB you chose his best chance to succeed.

Of course if you gave me a deal better than the 1 Miami got I probably would do the deal. But that ain't happening.
I get all this and have been evaluating a trade for two years; if I felt better about TT or Mills I would keep Tunsil but I don't. Hopefully, Mills will take another step up as he did last Thurs. As you know I supported Tunsil's trade initially showing how his annual avg cost was very good. I anticipate his avg cost on next deal with increases I predict for 2024 cap to be close to 30 million if not more. That is extreme for a non QB. I am hopeful that he will push for another three year extension which will allow an out for Texans if he begins to falter and be good for Laremy going for another deal at 33 YOA.

76Texan

Hall of Fame

I thought you said it's gonna be a Lost Decade?
:ahhaha:

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I get all this and have been evaluating a trade for two years; if I felt better about TT or Mills I would keep Tunsil but I don't. Hopefully, Mills will take another step up as he did last Thurs. As you know I supported Tunsil's trade initially showing how his annual avg cost was very good. I anticipate his avg cost on next deal with increases I predict for 2024 cap to be close to 30 million if not more. That is extreme for a non QB. I am hopeful that he will push for another three year extension which will allow an out for Texans if he begins to falter and be good for Laremy going for another deal at 33 YOA.
You shouldn't fear the cap, it's going to go way up since God'ell/NFL got in bed with the gamblers.

Also this isn't about Mills. This is about the QB of your choosing in the next draft. How well do you want your guy to be protected and by who?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Info now is Philly LT Mailata just signed extension which should encourage DW to waive no trade; Bengals OG Jackson Carman whom I wanted did fantastic Sunday. https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/09/27/jackson-carman-bengals-breakout-no-pressures-sacks-steelers/. Bengals still could use Tunsil to protect Burrow. I just doubt Bengals would throw Carman into a deal.

NYJ team that might be interested in Tunsil as Becton blew knee and may be out longer than 4-6 weeks. 1.3 in 2022 and round 1 top 8 in 2023? Tunsil base fits now and NYJ has 65 m cap space next year. If Becton is ready by 2022 he goes to RT and Fant slides to RG.

badboy

Hall of Fame
You shouldn't fear the cap, it's going to go way up since God'ell/NFL got in bed with the gamblers.

Also this isn't about Mills. This is about the QB of your choosing in the next draft. How well do you want your guy to be protected and by who?
Always going to be aware of the cap and of course it is about Mills as he was drafted to be the 2022 QB and beyond. Looks as if I will not have a QB of my choosing as draft doesn't offer much; more like a QB by default and the reason I want picks and cap. I have said I think an avg QB like TT can be protected by a good if not Tunsil left tackle. You keep saying we have to replace Tunsil with equal player and I disagree. If you do not wish to discuss trades your POV is well known.. move on.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Always going to be aware of the cap and of course it is about Mills as he was drafted to be the 2022 QB and beyond. Looks as if I will not have a QB of my choosing as draft doesn't offer much; more like a QB by default and the reason I want picks and cap. I have said I think an avg QB like TT can be protected by a good if not Tunsil left tackle. You keep saying we have to replace Tunsil with equal player and I disagree. If you do not wish to discuss trades your POV is well known.. move on.
Ok moving on

Enjoyed the discussion.

LMAO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Let's see Caserio
Thanks will now enjoy discussion rather than you saying same thing endlessly. :spin:
Kinda like having a lesser player at a premium position is a brilliant idea. Funny thing is I agreed with you on trading Tunsil and gave you my price, but you weren't interested in that discussion. Nope you want to come up with trade ideas. Let's just trade all of the players. I will place my value on them for you if you want to have this discussion.

Pervert- nothing or two 1sts, nobody gives more than that for a sexual predator.

Tunsil- Two 1sts a 2nd and a 4th

Cooks- 2nd

Howard- 2nd
Collins-2nd
Ingram- 4th
TT-5th
Brown-5th
Cannon-5th
Scharping -5rh
Britt-5rh
Everybody else 7th.

Defense

Black lock 3rd
Ohmenihu 4th
Reid 4th
Martin 4th

Cunningham 5th

Everybody else 5-7.

Comm on and let's really suck get all of these picks and see how things workout in the land of preposterous trade guy.

I'll be willing to bet they would end up worse than the Jags/NYJ in preposterous trade land.

Love to see your thoughts in fantasyland about what you think each player on the team is worth.

Tell me which is worse somebody who comes up with trade ideas that will never happen, or the guy who points out this fact? Example: insiders have told you that a trade for the Pervert ain't happening. Do you listen? Smfh.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
The Dolphins got a ton of draft capital in the Tunsil trade. It remains to be seen whether they’ll have a franchise LT in the foreseeable future… or just a serviceable OL in general. Don’t matter how many awesome draft picks you acquire if you don’t pick the right players to fill the needs you (re)created on your team. Tunsil is a franchise LT and that doesn’t appear to be something that will be changing any time soon.

It's no great revelation that Austin Jackson has been struggling, and that's been going on since the start of training camp. Flores, who rarely (if ever) criticizes players individually, said Jackson has "got to play better." Flores did add that he wasn't the only one, but even just his acknowledgment at the start of the answer was revealing.
So, yes, absolutely count Jackson as somebody whose starting position could be vulnerable, though it's fair to suggest the Dolphins might be resistant to make that move given that we're a year removed from the team picking him 18th overall in the draft.
If the Dolphins do make a move in the starting lineup, it certainly would make sense to insert Eichenberg.”

badboy

Hall of Fame
The Dolphins got a ton of draft capital in the Tunsil trade. It remains to be seen whether they’ll have a franchise LT in the foreseeable future… or just a serviceable OL in general. Don’t matter how many awesome draft picks you acquire if you don’t pick the right players to fill the needs you (re)created on your team. Tunsil is a franchise LT and that doesn’t appear to be something that will be changing any time soon.

It's no great revelation that Austin Jackson has been struggling, and that's been going on since the start of training camp. Flores, who rarely (if ever) criticizes players individually, said Jackson has "got to play better." Flores did add that he wasn't the only one, but even just his acknowledgment at the start of the answer was revealing.
So, yes, absolutely count Jackson as somebody whose starting position could be vulnerable, though it's fair to suggest the Dolphins might be resistant to make that move given that we're a year removed from the team picking him 18th overall in the draft.
If the Dolphins do make a move in the starting lineup, it certainly would make sense to insert Eichenberg.”
The only offensive lineman dolphins have picked in the last 3 years to play tackle was Austin Jackson and he is a right tackle. I get your point but it only says that the team needs to draft well. It remains to be seen what Nick will do with a full draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The only offensive lineman dolphins have picked in the last 3 years to play tackle was Austin Jackson and he is a right tackle. I get your point but it only says that the team needs to draft well. It remains to be seen what Nick will do with a full draft.
Hunt has played some RT.

Jackson is really young.

Glad the Texans QB will have his blindside well protected.

OptimisticTexan

2021 Building Block 1 / Go Texans
Eagles third round one if top ten plus round three or if late round one plus Eagles round two for Tunsil.
Would you look at a package of Landon Dickerson, 2022 RD1 (2nd pick), and a 2023 RD3 for Tunsil? Eagles could lose Dickerson in this deal since they’d have the capital to replace him in the upcoming draft.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Would you look at a package of Landon Dickerson, 2022 RD1 (2nd pick), and a 2023 RD3 for Tunsil? Eagles could lose Dickerson in this deal since they’d have the capital to replace him in the upcoming draft.
Absolutely! With the notation that Charlie Heck may not be able to replace Tunsil at left tackle and we would have to draft one. My preference as indicated in my previous DFW trade was to use higher pics for other positions and the lower round one for Charles Cross.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Absolutely! With the notation that Charlie Heck may not be able to replace Tunsil at left tackle and we would have to draft one. My preference as indicated in my previous DFW trade was to use higher pics for other positions and the lower round one for Charles Cross.
My preference is for Caserio to add many more players as talented as Tunsil.