Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the New Board

OK, what am I not seeing? On the old board, I could post a link, and just have it say "Link", (or whatever else I wanted to name it) instead of displaying the whole URL. How do I do that here?

Now that changes have/are being made, any chance of taking the other sports forums (baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer) and just combining them back into the Other Sports Talk main forum? I really don't see the point of all those different forums when an entire season consists of ONE thread. The Hockey forum has the last 2 entire NHL seasons in back-to-back threads, and 3 seasons on the 1st page. The Rockets entire season, including the playoffs, is in one thread, and threads dating back to July 2014 are still on the 1st page. Seems useless to have an entire forum dedicated to single thread seasons and where there's not enough talk to get 10 month old threads off the 1st page. Not to mention there's very little activity in the actual main Other Sports forum. Just an observation and my :twocents:

That didn't quite work for me, so I ended up cleaning it up manually. Maybe it's the browser? I'm using Chrome.
I'm using Chrome and it works for me. Now a second window pops up and that's where you paste your link. But that's the way the old forum worked too, didn't it? God, it hasn't been a week and I'm already forgetting....

One thing I kind of miss is some of the navigation links that were at the bottom of the page when reading a thread. I usually use the new posts feature to navigate, and before when I got to the last post in a thread, it was right there (along with a search link, and a couple of other links). Now it's either scroll back up to the top of the page, or click the link to take you back up to the top.

Minor thing, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm using Chrome and it works for me. Now a second window pops up and that's where you paste your link. But that's the way the old forum worked too, didn't it? God, it hasn't been a week and I'm already forgetting....
Why is your text navy blue???

Me too. Is it gone gone?
Me three, can we get an official word on tapatalk plans please? As much as the web experience on the new board Is a huge improvement, tapatalk is still superior for us smartphone junkies, in my opinion.

Me three, can we get an official word on tapatalk plans please? As much as the web experience on the new board Is a huge improvement, tapatalk is still superior for us smartphone junkies, in my opinion.

If not, I'd gladly delete the app. This is the only forum I surf.

It appears the only options are like and unlike (only available if previously liked). Dislike does not appear to be an option. To me, this is an improvement considering the negative folk we have here.

The rep system is overrated anyway. Actually this is unimportant to me, I was just harassing Obsi.

Now that changes have/are being made, any chance of taking the other sports forums (baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer) and just combining them back into the Other Sports Talk main forum? I really don't see the point of all those different forums when an entire season consists of ONE thread. The Hockey forum has the last 2 entire NHL seasons in back-to-back threads, and 3 seasons on the 1st page. The Rockets entire season, including the playoffs, is in one thread, and threads dating back to July 2014 are still on the 1st page. Seems useless to have an entire forum dedicated to single thread seasons and where there's not enough talk to get 10 month old threads off the 1st page. Not to mention there's very little activity in the actual main Other Sports forum. Just an observation and my :twocents:

I can only speak for the Rockets thread, we as a group decided to do one thread. Sometimes it's busy in there, game days, most times it's general talk. I imagine that would work for the other sports as well. We discussed making a separate playoff thread but didn't want to jinx things.

As long as we're on the subject, it did me good that the Clots were the victims of the deflategate scandal. Here is a team whose success has been due to their being allowed to get away with fouls. It's good that they were the cheated ones in this case. Those sleazepits finally got a soup of their own chocolate.

I'm not getting the tapatalk love.

I tried it and found the website much easier to read and navigate.

I'm not getting the tapatalk love.

I tried it and found the website much easier to read and navigate.
I hated having to use Tapatalk. It was very good...at slowly getting worse with each update. Still, some people prefer it.

Here's the error in case someone wants to take a look.
Screenshot_2015-05-19-11-29-21-1.png

What's the difference between the usernames in green, blue, and those w the Texans logo?

Never noticed those on the tapa?

Lol

It's Hookems way of showing contributors.

The texans logo is for monthly contributors.

Green is that you have contributed.

Lol

Yeah, I contribute $0.75 & get the cool little logo. It's pretty cool, considering.

Lol

Can't say I ever noticed it when I'm not mobile either

So blue and logo go together?

I am with the Tapatalk crowd. The updates were not improvements, but still had some features that were desired.

The new update to the board is awesome and appreciated.

Lol

Then where's my logo? Started out with sporatic contributions then switched to monthly Pay-Pal $$ dumps.
:)

Change it to angry baby. It's always been the best!
It's the better of the two current choices but what used to be called "Default" was cleaner and easier to read. The red text on the washed out demin background is tough for me to read. (Another reason why I switch to blue text in my replies)

Angry Baby had the helpful navigation links (UserCP & NewPosts) at the bottom. I never cared for the look, but for those links I learned to live with it.

Angry Baby had the helpful navigation links (UserCP & NewPosts) at the bottom. I never cared for the look, but for those links I learned to live with it.

With this board, you've got the Watched Thread, Watched Forum, New Posts, and Alert options and I'm getting used to those to replace the UserCP/NewPosts.

So how do you watch a thread or forum?
Watched Threads works just like subscribing used to. You just post in a thread and it goes on your "Watched" list. Haven't done the Watched Forum thing.

With this board, you've got the Watched Thread, Watched Forum, New Posts, and Alert options and I'm getting used to those to replace the UserCP/NewPosts.
Angry Baby had the links at the bottom of the page as well as the top. so when you've read the last post of a thread, or after youve replied, the link is there without having to scroll all tje way back to the top. It's not a bih deal if you've got a keyboard. You can just hit the Home key & go directly tothe top-

But on a tablet or phone, it'sa pain in the butt.

Watched Threads works just like subscribing used to. You just post in a thread and it goes on your "Watched" list. Haven't done the Watched Forum thing.

Well it says I don't have any watched threads and I'm sure I've posted in a few...

just found it under more options when you post

Angry Baby had the links at the bottom of the page as well as the top. so when you've read the last post of a thread, or after youve replied, the link is there without having to scroll all tje way back to the top. It's not a bih deal if you've got a keyboard. You can just hit the Home key & go directly tothe top-

But on a tablet or phone, it'sa pain in the butt.

Ah, but in the new board, there's a "Top" at the bottom that takes you right back up to the top. Do you not have that on the tablet or phone?

Why is your text navy blue???

I change it at the start of any posts. I like the contrast.

Yeah but that only works for your posts, correct? Dontcha already know what those say?
scratchhead.gif

Back